ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bruce Arians is off to a rocky, rocky start (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269116)

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9335963)
"Obsessing" ROFL

Umm... yeah, you jumped on my minor assumption about Childress. Then laughed at the comment that the OP was well thought out. At no point have you discussed the points.

Been a consistent theme across several threads. I'm happy to debate you, and be called an idiot if you disagree. But stick to the points, please.

Brock 01-20-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9335995)
Umm... yeah, you jumped on my minor assumption about Childress. Then laughed at the comment that the OP was well thought out. At no point have you discussed the points.

Been a consistent theme across several threads. I'm happy to debate you, and be called an idiot if you disagree. But stick to the points, please.

It is not a minor point to ask you to address factual inaccuracies in your posts. The reason I'm not addressing what you refer to as points is because the topic at hand is not one I care about. But no, your OP was not well thought out. You are calling Arians out for doing what damn near every hc in the league does.

DaKCMan AP 01-20-2013 04:37 PM

http://dimg.dillards.com/is/image/Di...zi?$c7product$

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9335972)
I guess we will see in a few years. Based on your record, you are probably wrong.

My "record" on head coaches is not as bad as you claim it is. I defended Herm on personnel (one of the only defenders). I liked the Haley hire and defend the shit out of him, but despite that, I have always said that he's a risk to any team that hires him. I was one of the few that despised the RAC hire. I was one of the few critics of the Jim Schwartz and also believed Rex Ryan was overhyped. I also did not like the Fisher or Ron Rivera hires. I made a big mistake in thinking Spagnuolo was going to be terrific and I thought McCarthy would be an good enough head coach, but he ended up being terrific.

Feel free to look those things up. I understand I get shit for dumb comments on a few specific topics. I deserve that. But if you're going to call me a dumbass for what I write, explain why instead of just an unthoughtful "just because."

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9336092)
It is not a minor point to ask you to address factual inaccuracies in your posts. The reason I'm not addressing what you refer to as points is because the topic at hand is not one I care about. But no, your OP was not well thought out. You are calling Arians out for doing what damn near every hc in the league does.

Sorry for lumping you on the fact-check. I made a wrong assumption about Childress and you called me out on it. I was more talking about being ticky tack with people calling a simple mistake reeruned.

Good. Now you're arguing on the points. If you think he's doing what every HC does, then the post is well thought out and challenges you on that.
1. Coaches hire only buddies? Didn't we spend a whole offseason bitching about hiring off of a tree? Reid hired Sutton. Chudzinski hired Horton. Bradley's looking to hire Marinelli. Chip Kelly hired Pat Shurmur. Marrone hired Mike Pettine. Trestman hired Mel Tucker (don't think there's a tree connection). So you're wrong. Arians is the ONLY coach this offseason to refuse to look outside of his own tree. He won't even pull from the GM's tree!
2. Hiring a DC with that much 2-gap experience is unusual. I'll be pissed if Sutton runs that, but doesn't sound like he will. Bowles, on the other hand... it seems likely this is what he'll run
3. Hiring an OC with that much inexperience is unusual but ill-advised for inexperienced head coaches. I get that Reid is doing it, but it doesn't feel at all like it's for the same reasons. The kind of control Arians has asked for has been done and often failed miserably. And again... this offseason, you have strong, opinionated coaches who hired strong, opinionated coordinators (apart from Reid). So it's not common practice at all.

Rams Fan 01-20-2013 05:18 PM

I was curious and found out Arians was the HC of Temple in the 80's.

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9336600)
I was curious and found out Arians was the HC of Temple in the 80's.

Excellent point. You're right, he does have more experience than I led on. But I still believe everything else in the OP shows red flags all over the place.

Crush 01-20-2013 05:22 PM

Dude, just let it go.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hIs5StN8J-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Straight, No Chaser 01-20-2013 05:36 PM

They knew what they were getting. If you don't like it, sell your tix and don't make the drive to Glendale.

I bet you could get some good Suns tix now anyway?

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9336627)
Dude, just let it go.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hIs5StN8J-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was called an idiot many, many times for my take on Arians. Just as I was for my take on Romeo and Herm. You can understand why I'd obsess about hearing people own up when they call people out for something they're wrong about.

Brock 01-20-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9336722)
I was called an idiot many, many times for my take on Arians. Just as I was for my take on Romeo and Herm. You can understand why I'd obsess about hearing people own up when they call people out for something they're wrong about.

Nobody even remembers what you said about Herm or Romeo. Jesus, self-important much?

Brock 01-20-2013 05:57 PM

I can see it now- "see? He's 2-2. I told you so"

rabblerouser 01-20-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9335700)
Because it's always a good idea to work with people you can't get along with. See: ***** and Haley.

Romeo was the only "HC" who would aquiesce to Matt ****ing Cassel being the unquestioned starter of a football team.

jspchief 01-20-2013 06:00 PM

No one gives a shit about Arians.

The Bad Guy 01-20-2013 06:05 PM

Added Tom Moore to his staff.