ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: 1st round picks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270373)

KurtCobain 02-25-2013 02:06 AM

I think Reid will trade draft picks for food stamps .50 on the dollar.

KurtCobain 02-25-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9435660)
Jared Gaither

I actually played pool with him while he was in town. Huge dude. Seemed fun, laughed a lot.

Smed1065 02-25-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9435644)
How great would it be if we just gradually went with 2 QB's this year.

Two QB's competing to start for our team.

FYP.

Chiefspants 02-25-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9435525)
TheFilmRoom ‏@TheFilmRoom
The #Chiefs have always tried to duplicate teams. 49ers win...take their backup QB's. Rams win...take their backup QB. Patriots win...take their backup QB.

FYP

Dave Lane 02-25-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9435591)
Because you will be resigned.

*takes a sip of brandy in your father's velvet chair*

You see, in life, we can't all have parades thrown for us.

Some of us have to be on the sidewalk, with sticky cotton-candy'd fingers, sloppily fingering boogers out of our noses while the truly fortunate stride down the street in front of us.

Such is the fate of the Chiefs fan.

As life finds time to reward some, and deny others, we will eternally exist as wallpaper.

And we'll all look back on days like today and think... Remember that one time we traded two draft picks away for Alex Smith and told ourselves he was The Guy? Why did we do that?

And we'll laugh, our chuckles heavied with the suppression of sorrow. The lines in our skin will deepen from the despair.

And people will wonder... how could they live like that. Who would choose that life.

*pats you on the head*

I'll tell you who, sonny boy.

The nose-pickers on the sidewalk, cheering on the parade.

Listening to the reeruned Chiefs fans out there I swear we don't deserve to be in the parade.

Rasputin 02-25-2013 11:57 AM

It's just too much to ask to simply just ****ing draft a ****ing QBotf with our first round pick thanks to the Todd Blackledge curse fueled by the true fans. We need or next HOF TE with or first pick.

my

life

CLowN Smile (death warmed over)

POND_OF_RED 02-25-2013 11:57 AM

So what your saying is we should draft another Todd Blackledge?!?!

DJ's left nut 02-25-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9435607)
I'm about 6-deep on a pack of Three Blind Mice, a fantastic stout brew from a Springfield brewery.

You're not kidding, Three Blind Mice is great.

As to the rest - it's a worry that I've had on several occasions. What if your entire existence is just the bit player in someone else's story?

The Chiefs are the NFL's bit player. We're the team that you need to beat to make the playoffs. If we're lucky enough to make the playoffs, we're the team that the winners have to beat to get to the next level...or even the team that the losers have to beat so they can get beat by the winners.

The Chiefs are extras in someone else's story. That's the way it will always be.