ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hunt outlines changes the Chiefs are making to get the red back in Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272080)

chiefzilla1501 04-14-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9585048)
What Milkman and Hamas brought up is true. That fact falls on deaf ears on this board more time than not but the constant crying for Geno or other extreme negative thoughts are a vocal minority in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the Chiefs Kingdom.

Most Chiefs fans (true fans) want the feeling of being loved and interaction with the organization (which was completely lost with *****). They want the feeling of what they had in the 90's. Just being around .500 or a little better would fill Arrowhead back up to sell-out status. Clark knows this, he has seen the blue print for this fanbase.

I know that doesn't sit well at all with many on this board but that is just the way things are in KC. Most of the fanbase could give a rats what method of selection it took to get that QB to KC. Just win me some games, give me a great atmosphere, let us interact with the players (charity events and radio gigs) and make me feel loved is all they want.

This is a really good thing. The Chiefs need to start winning again and winning back the true fans. Much as we hate true fans, they keep Arrowhead packed and loud.

I don't care if they traded for Smith so they can start winning the fans back again. I only care if they settle for him, vs. a still relentless search for a QB. It also doesn't matter to me if they skip over Geno or a QB in round 1, but if they do, they damn well better be right.

HemiEd 04-14-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9584528)
Let's see, they brought in yet another in a long line of shitty backup QB's to save the franchise which everyone knows doesn't work. Unless they are lowering the exhorbitant ticket, parking and concession prices, I don't see any thing better for the fans.

yep

crossbow 04-14-2013 06:55 AM

Sorry Clark,

You traded for yet another dumbass QB from Frisco. You did this so many times that your fans have given up on your team. Your team is a joke and you overpaid the 49ers to get there. I can't take this mess seriously.

chiefzilla1501 04-14-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9585066)
Sorry Clark,

You traded for yet another dumbass QB from Frisco. You did this so many times that your fans have given up on your team. Your team is a joke and you overpaid the 49ers to get there. I can't take this mess seriously.

I think you're assuming Chiefs Planet thinks the same way true fans do. True fans are the way to packing Arrowhead. Sad but true. True fans will support this team in droves when they start winning again and when the team opens up access to the fans again.

I hope, like all of us on CP do, that the team doesn't settle for that being good enough. I don't think Dorsey works that way.

crossbow 04-14-2013 07:20 AM

Given the huge price they paid for that slapdick, they are going to have to stand by this move even if it means they use a crowbar to force him on the fans. This is Grbac/Cassel all over again. You would think Clark would be smart enough to veto this idea. He has been through this before and knows it doesn't work.

Steron 04-14-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9584607)
Clark has shown us how much he cares about this team the last 4 years.

Bringing in the best GM candidate on the market 4 years ago and now bringing in the best and most proven coaching candidate along with a highly touted GM once again shows he wants the best qualified people to run the franchise.

The QB situation has nothing to do with Clark.

+1

BlackHelicopters 04-14-2013 07:38 AM

Winning cures all.

whoman69 04-14-2013 07:41 AM

I don't want platitudes while the organization throws out a strategy to get the team back to 8-8

Marcellus 04-14-2013 07:53 AM

I love it. The CP braintrust has concluded the Reid and Dorsey have no intention of winning a SB, all they are here to do is get to 8-8 and sell Clark tickets. Its not about winning to them is it? I mean hey its only their careers on the line right?

LMAO

You all are basically once again saying Clark told them not to draft a QB because that is the only outlier in the new regime that has you guys crying and whining and Clark is the root case according to you all.

It couldn't be that this QB class sucks ass and Alex Smith is a stop gap until the QBOTF is found. I mean neither Reid or Dorsey have a history of drafting QB's right?

Clark has spent a boatload of money to get back to 8-8. That's a genius business model.

You guys are really really full of yourselves these days.

Bugeater 04-14-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9585115)
I love it. The CP braintrust has concluded the Reid and Dorsey have no intention of winning a SB, all they are here to do is get to 8-8 and sell Clark tickets. Its not about winning to them is it? I mean hey its only their careers on the line right?

Their careers aren't on the line if they don't win a SB. However, their careers WILL be on the line if they can't at least go 8-8 and sell tickets.

Which do you think is going to be a priority with them?

chiefzilla1501 04-14-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9585094)
I don't want platitudes while the organization throws out a strategy to get the team back to 8-8

We haven't even had a draft yet. We are in the first few months of a new regime. We haven't seen if they actually think Alex Smith is a long-term answer. Given Reid and Dorsey's history, we will constantly bring in new young QBs to groom.

I am not at all endorsing anything they've done this offseason. But it's way too soon to freak out about it. They can build a team to win now while making great moves that make them long-term competitive within a few years.

ChiefMojo 04-14-2013 08:13 AM

Bingo but many are so damn narrow minded they just think of drafting a QB in the first round will solve all problems. Sure it would be great if there was a legit franchise QB to take at #1.

Marcellus 04-14-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9585128)
Their careers aren't on the line if they don't win a SB. However, their careers WILL be on the line if they can't at least go 8-8 and sell tickets.

Which do you think is going to be a priority with them?

I think people have lost their ****ing minds is what I think.

There is a distinct difference between believing the moves the Chiefs are making will only get them to 8-8 and believing that that is their goal and everyone in the organization would be happy with that.

I have no issue with anyone believing that 8-8 or 9-7 is this teams ceiling with Alex Smith.

I think if you believe that's the plan and goal you are an idiot who thinks way too highly of your own opinion when it comes to football.

And that is what many people are claiming. Its ludicrous.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-14-2013 08:21 AM

Bring back the PRRRRRRRRRICE CHOPPER commercials. The Hy-Vee elevator music- ***** right 53 times sucked the penis.

Coogs 04-14-2013 08:22 AM

Just winning may not be enough. Team went 10-6 in 2010, and IIRC the place wasn't packed even late in the season with the playoffs on the line. And I don't believe that 10-6 season parlayed into a rush on people buying season tickets in 2011.