ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281421)

Dayze 02-11-2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 10428695)
Keep posting this stuff Dave. I've become increasingly interested in it the last couple of years.

Dave's a good dood and knows his shit.

maybe he'll post a pict of his mother ****ing homemade observatory in his house.
:thumb:

TimeForWasp 02-11-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10428511)
This is too cool to just live there...

This should have it's own thread, I hate all mega threads actually, but am partial to the Science is cool thread.

Lex Luthor 02-11-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10428707)
That's a really interesting stuff.

Aquarius
Today February 11, 2014
Daily Overview
It's not easy to get started today -- your energy just seems drained from the moment you get up. That can be an asset, though, as you may find it easier to sort through your various plans.

220, 221, whatever it takes.

Fat Elvis 02-11-2014 11:24 PM

For a start, how is the existence of the other universes to be tested? To be sure, all cosmologists accept that there are some regions of the universe that lie beyond the reach of our telescopes, but somewhere on the slippery slope between that and the idea that there are an infinite number of universes, credibility reaches a limit. As one slips down that slope, more and more must be accepted on faith, and less and less is open to scientific verification. Extreme multiverse explanations are therefore reminiscent of theological discussions. Indeed, invoking an infinity of unseen universes to explain the unusual features of the one we do see is just as ad hoc as invoking an unseen Creator. The multiverse theory may be dressed up in scientific language, but in essence it requires the same leap of faith.

— Paul Davies, A Brief History of the Multiverse

Fish 02-11-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 10428759)
For a start, how is the existence of the other universes to be tested? To be sure, all cosmologists accept that there are some regions of the universe that lie beyond the reach of our telescopes, but somewhere on the slippery slope between that and the idea that there are an infinite number of universes, credibility reaches a limit. As one slips down that slope, more and more must be accepted on faith, and less and less is open to scientific verification. Extreme multiverse explanations are therefore reminiscent of theological discussions. Indeed, invoking an infinity of unseen universes to explain the unusual features of the one we do see is just as ad hoc as invoking an unseen Creator. The multiverse theory may be dressed up in scientific language, but in essence it requires the same leap of faith.

Good point. :thumb:

J Diddy 02-11-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 10428759)

and this is called The Twilight Zone

Pants 02-11-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10428505)
If anyone wants to completely melt their brain, dive into Parallel Universes.

They are Infinite.

Which means the Chiefs are actually winning the Superbowl every year in an infinite amount of universes.

NOOICE!

ThatRaceCardGuy 02-12-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10428466)
In another Universe, the Chiefs kept rolling in the 2nd half.

We got the shit Universe. I hope my double in the good Universe dies in an AIDS fire.

LMAO

-King- 02-12-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10428466)
In another Universe, the Chiefs kept rolling in the 2nd half.

We got the shit Universe. I hope my double in the good Universe dies in an AIDS fire.

In that universe, AIDs fires are one of the more honorable ways one can die.

Jimmya 02-12-2014 06:06 AM

Lol....yes! Aids fires

BlackHelicopters 02-12-2014 08:10 AM

The Cheufs have won all 48 Super Bowls in a universe somewhere.

tooge 02-12-2014 08:35 AM

I wonder if the chiefs have won a playoff game in the past 19 years in any of the other universes

Dayze 02-12-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10429008)
I wonder if the chiefs have won a playoff game in the past 19 years in any of the other universes

we're the laughing stock of the universe.

BlackHelicopters 02-12-2014 08:45 AM

Fascinating

TLO 02-12-2014 10:17 AM

Still can't wrap my mind around this.