ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc States and bias (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290642)

BucEyedPea 02-15-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11328686)
POST #2

Yes, I checked it out. :D

TimBone 02-15-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11328688)
Yes, I checked it out. :D

Then quit pumping up NE. Im gonna be disappointed when I have it after hearing you go on about it. :-)

RealSNR 02-15-2015 10:57 PM

I can't ****ing talk about any kind of Mexican food I've had up north with somebody who lives in a state along the Mexican border or "knows somebody" with an "authentic" restaurant kind of close to the south.

As if proximity means jack shit when it comes to Mexican food. We live in the 21st ****ing century. Ingredients can be shipped. If the chef knows what to put in the food, he could make it on the North ****ing Pole and it would taste just as "authentic" as the bullshit you just HAVE to have in San Diego/Houston/Dallas/Phoenix/Albuquerque/wherever the ****. And no, do NOT ****ing tell me that you can tell the difference between fresh ingredients that were grown in the backyard and the stuff that came from a grocery store shipped from wherever the **** it grows. You can not tell the difference. Just like you can't tell the difference between organic vegetables and stuff grown with science that you buy in a grocery store. Blind taste tests sent to a variety of people PROVE that people have no ****ing clue what they're talking about when it comes to that garbage.

Me: "Hey I tried, Jose's Mexican Food on Bullshit Street that just opened up. They had really good tacos, and-"

Douchebag from the South: "OMG NO WAI DOOD I GUARANTEE YOU THOSE WEREN'T REAL TACOS HOLY SHIT DUDE YOU NEED TO REALLY GET THE **** OUT MORE IF YOU THINK THOSE WERE REAL TACOS YOU AIN'T SEEN OR TASTED REAL TACOS UNTIL YOU GO TO MEXICO CITY AND EAT THEM STRAIGHT OUT OF THE TOILET OFF THE STREET IN THAT IMPOVERISHED SHITHOLE HOLY **** THIS ONE DUDE I KNOW MAKES THEM IN SAN ANTONIO AND THOSE ARE REAL TACOS LET ME TELL YOU IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE STUFF YOU THOUGHT YOU JUST HAD YOU MAY AS WELL HAVE BEEN EATING ****ING TACO BELL YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW MAN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!"

Me: "I hate you so much that I'm going to rape your entire family with a 400 lb man's bowel movement that came from an inauthentic Mexican meal shaped like a penis"

BucEyedPea 02-15-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11328689)
Then quit pumping up NE.

You asked a question about it though.

Quote:

Im gonna be disappointed when I have it after hearing you go on about it. :-)
Oh, that can't happen. <--meant to be taken two ways.

milkman 02-15-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11328683)
There's always the exception that proves the rule. In this case it's New England/Northeast cold water seafood.

That is, unless you're used to insipid clam strips and no bellies. Then I can't help ya'!

Seafood sucks, no matter where it comes from.

And New Englanders suck ass.

TimBone 02-15-2015 11:00 PM

Hahaha...I think I'm guilty of SNR's rant.

BucEyedPea 02-15-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11328697)
Seafood sucks, no matter where it comes from.

You must be a landlubber. Enjoy your pork and beans.

Quote:

And New Englanders suck ass.
That can be fun. But I'm not one anymore.

TimBone 02-15-2015 11:00 PM

In fact, I've done it on this board.

In58men 02-15-2015 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11328691)
I can't ****ing talk about any kind of Mexican food I've had up north with somebody who lives in a state along the Mexican border or "knows somebody" with an "authentic" restaurant kind of close to the south.

As if proximity means jack shit when it comes to Mexican food. We live in the 21st ****ing century. Ingredients can be shipped. If the chef knows what to put in the food, he could make it on the North ****ing Pole and it would taste just as "authentic" as the bullshit you just HAVE to have in San Diego/Houston/Dallas/Phoenix/Albuquerque/wherever the ****. And no, do NOT ****ing tell me that you can tell the difference between fresh ingredients that were grown in the backyard and the stuff that came from a grocery store shipped from wherever the **** it grows. You can not tell the difference. Just like you can't tell the difference between organic vegetables and stuff grown with science that you buy in a grocery store. Blind taste tests sent to a variety of people PROVE that people have no ****ing clue what they're talking about when it comes to that garbage.

Me: "Hey I tried, Jose's Mexican Food on Bullshit Street that just opened up. They had really good tacos, and-"

Douchebag from the South: "OMG NO WAI DOOD I GUARANTEE YOU THOSE WEREN'T REAL TACOS HOLY SHIT DUDE YOU NEED TO REALLY GET THE **** OUT MORE IF YOU THINK THOSE WERE REAL TACOS YOU AIN'T SEEN OR TASTED REAL TACOS UNTIL YOU GO TO MEXICO CITY AND EAT THEM STRAIGHT OUT OF THE TOILET OFF THE STREET IN THAT IMPOVERISHED SHITHOLE HOLY **** THIS ONE DUDE I KNOW MAKES THEM IN SAN ANTONIO AND THOSE ARE REAL TACOS LET ME TELL YOU IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE STUFF YOU THOUGHT YOU JUST HAD YOU MAY AS WELL HAVE BEEN EATING ****ING TACO BELL YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW MAN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!"

Me: "I hate you so much that I'm going to rape your entire family with a 400 lb man's bowel movement that came from an inauthentic Mexican meal shaped like a penis"

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...c1dac00075.jpg

Truth

RealSNR 02-15-2015 11:03 PM

The best bowl of clam chowder I ever had was when I was in Seattle.

**** New England. I hope the next major hurricane rapes everything in sight from Philadelphia to ****ing Portland, ME.

RealSNR 02-15-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11328703)

Yeah. I eat stuff that looks like the top picture, but since I had it in Milwaukee, WI, THAT'S APPARENTLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

That's exactly what Tim's post is about. People are obsessed with this idea of place and location having significant meaning to quality. It's the same thing with any other tyoe of food.

Growing up, my best friend was Chinese. Like, legit Chinese. His parents lived in China until they were in their 40s when they moved to the states. He lived in China until he was 9 and had to learn English when he emigrated with his family.

They would invite me over for dinner and had all kinds of awesome Chinese dishes.

If I ever go to San Francisco and try to describe the food I ate, they would ask, "Where did you grow up?" I would say, "North Dakota," and then that would send them into a tizzy bullshit rant about how that wasn't real Chinese food.

**** those people. The shit I ate was more authentically Chinese than those assholes will ever know eating it in a restaurant in their egocentric city.

rockymtnchief 02-15-2015 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11328682)
Yeah, I admit we Texans have some foolish pride. And you're right, that verbal promotion kicks in when living/visiting other states. I've had to learn to check myself over the years, and I'll call my fellow Texans out on it as well.

I do admit though, I can stand the Texans a lot more than the Californians that move here. Calis move here to get away from the crowds, gangs or high cost of living and immediately start trying to get California laws put into effect here. Stop hunting and logging asap. Or complain about the lack of Starbucks, deer eating their lawns, ban gas guzzling pick-ups and why are people allowed to float the river in my back yard...I own that river! They move here for the open space and always immediately put up a fence. And somebody stop all this snow! My Prius can't make it up the hill like those gas guzzling pick-ups!

BucEyedPea 02-15-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11328720)
That's exactly what Tim's post is about. People are obsessed with this idea of place and location having significant meaning to quality. It's the same thing with any other tyoe of food.

Unless of course it's seafood, which always tastes best fresh. That's makes a big difference. I can see your point otherwise. A good recipe is a good recipe no matter where it is done.

Okay Tim Bone. You can call me out for that one too. :p

Pasta Little Brioni 02-15-2015 11:17 PM

So it's the seafood that makes New Englanders bat Shit crazy

BucEyedPea 02-15-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11328730)
So it's the seafood that makes New Englanders bat Shit crazy

R they? Glad I left.

Does your state make very judgemental folks?