ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jamaal Charles Injury Could Signal End of an Era for Kansas City Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295264)

jimidollar 10-12-2015 09:26 AM

He just doesn't have the numbers at this point.

bevischief 10-12-2015 09:27 AM

Playing the game is overrated.

BlackHelicopters 10-12-2015 09:27 AM

The BBQ in the parking lot is always good.

ThaVirus 10-12-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11794545)
Orthopedic surgeon tweeted that the chance of tearing an ACL in football is 1 in 1750. If you've torn an ACL....you've got a 1 in 33 chance of tearing the opposite ACL.

I'm still holding onto hope.

LCL sprain. Nothing major.

DaneMcCloud 10-12-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11794155)
Not sure I believe this. How was West in relief? Haven't heard many accolades for him today. I might be wrong

West averaged 4.4 yards per carry yesterday and looked good in relief.

The ground game should be the least of their worries.

notorious 10-12-2015 09:36 AM

I agree. West will be just fine.

GoShox 10-12-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11794155)
Not sure I believe this. How was West in relief? Haven't heard many accolades for him today. I might be wrong

I think West is gonna end up being really good.

notorious 10-12-2015 09:40 AM

West is shifty and patient.

He just looks right. We will see if he can handle the 8-9 man boxes throughout the game and get no help from the play calls or QB.

Three7s 10-12-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11794612)
West is shifty and patient.

He just looks right. We will see if he can handle the 8-9 man boxes throughout the game and get no help from the play calls or QB.

Think back to Thurman Thomas. Smooth hands in the passing game, knows how to cut and shift to force the defender into making a tough tackle, and good open-field speed once he gets to the 2nd level. Unlike Charles, however, the O-line will need to block for him.

Eleazar 10-12-2015 09:43 AM

Charles has now had his second injury to the same knee, and will turn 30 next year. It's probably time to consider that when this team is next ready to compete, Charles is unlikely to be the feature back.

But feature backs are getting rarer and rarer these days. If you have a quality line, RBBC isn't going to hold you back.

There's no reason to spend higher round draft picks on running backs these days. Fix the oline, plug in some UDFAs or mid/low round picks and go.

DaneMcCloud 10-12-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11794623)
Charles has now had his second injury to the same knee

Charles tore his left ACL in 2011.

Yesterday, he likely tore his right ACL.

Eleazar 10-12-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11794651)
Charles tore his left ACL in 2011.

Yesterday, he likely tore his right ACL.

My mistake. In any case, two major knee injuries.

Saccopoo 10-12-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 11794108)
If you don't have a QB nothing matters. Until the Chiefs have a GM that tells Clark to sell out and get a QB nothing will change.

Draft one in the first round and the 3rd round. Sign a vet for back up duty. If said QB's suck, then do it again 3 years later. I don't care if the next Reggie White and Randy Moss are on the board. In the NFL QB IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

It affects both sides of the ball. Offense, its obvious, but the defense needs to believe in the QB as well, If they don't you get shit play like we have seen.

That's great and all, but spending a first on a QB in the first just to pick one in the first isn't a sure fire way to ensure that you just picked John Elway.

If you remember, Alex Smith was a first round QB. And, at the college level, he was a better QB on the field than any of the potential first round talents in the 2016 draft. Truth.

You take the best player available. You don't take a QB because the casual fan thinks you need to take a first round QB.

In fact, in the modern era (since 2000) the vast majority of first round QB's have been complete busts. Even one of the heroes of CP, Matt Stafford, just got benched this past week because he's been nothing but terrible for the majority of his career.

I have no doubt that Dorsey will pick a QB when one is there that fits his parameters and is higher on the board than other players. In the first 2+ seasons, he's completely revamped the position, bringing in Smith and Daniel, signing Bray as a rookie and drafting Murray.

No, none of them were a first round pick, but neither was Joe Montana, Tom Brady, etc. However, Brady Quinn, Tim Tebow, Jamarcus Russell, Blaine Gabbert, Josh Freeman, Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Kyle Boller, etc., were.

This complete and utter fixation on what round a guy gets picked needs to slow it's roll.

What they do need to do is really focus on transition this off season, particularly in the draft, and make the necessary steps to get a guy who they feel will be a guy who can start progressing into a starter within a year or two. I don't know if that's Murray, who did have a stellar college career at Georgia, or if it's a player in the upcoming next two drafts.

But Dorsey hasn't shied away from the position whatsoever.

Smith was as good as it's been over the past three seasons (one can make the argument that passing on Bridgewater but he's not been overly stellar the past two years, basically averaging a pick per TD while showing average/medial level NFL game skills at best) in terms of getting a 2-14 ship righted. However, he is struggling right now and a move needs to be made in terms of moving forward at the position.

Smith is struggling during games right now and I don't think that the problems are necessarily with the offensive line versus Smith himself. You think you know what Daniel is, but he's only been given a few chances to really start in an NFL game. Give him a shot. Also, maybe, with the team at 1-4, it's time to see what they have in Murray. He's in year two and it would be a good opportunity to see if he has what it takes to be a NFL level QB. If he doesn't show the potential, they need to address the position in next several drafts each draft to make sure that they get someone in who will eventually get to the level of top 15 NFL starting QB.

But that doesn't mean blowing a first on the position just to blow a first on the position because some dipshit draftnik site lists a dude in their top 3.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-12-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11794757)
That's great and all, but spending a first on a QB in the first just to pick one in the first isn't a sure fire way to ensure that you just picked John Elway.

If you remember, Alex Smith was a first round QB. And, at the college level, he was a better QB on the field than any of the potential first round talents in the 2016 draft. Truth.

You take the best player available. You don't take a QB because the casual fan thinks you need to take a first round QB.

In fact, in the modern era (since 2000) the vast majority of first round QB's have been complete busts. Even one of the heroes of CP, Matt Stafford, just got benched this past week because he's been nothing but terrible for the majority of his career.

I have no doubt that Dorsey will pick a QB when one is there that fits his parameters and is higher on the board than other players. In the first 2+ seasons, he's completely revamped the position, bringing in Smith and Daniel, signing Bray as a rookie and drafting Murray.

No, none of them were a first round pick, but neither was Joe Montana, Tom Brady, etc. However, Brady Quinn, Tim Tebow, Jamarcus Russell, Blaine Gabbert, Josh Freeman, Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Kyle Boller, etc., were.

This complete and utter fixation on what round a guy gets picked needs to slow it's roll.

What they do need to do is really focus on transition this off season, particularly in the draft, and make the necessary steps to get a guy who they feel will be a guy who can start progressing into a starter within a year or two. I don't know if that's Murray, who did have a stellar college career at Georgia, or if it's a player in the upcoming next two drafts.

But Dorsey hasn't shied away from the position whatsoever.

Smith was as good as it's been over the past three seasons (one can make the argument that passing on Bridgewater but he's not been overly stellar the past two years, basically averaging a pick per TD while showing average/medial level NFL game skills at best) in terms of getting a 2-14 ship righted. However, he is struggling right now and a move needs to be made in terms of moving forward at the position.

Smith is struggling during games right now and I don't think that the problems are necessarily with the offensive line versus Smith himself. You think you know what Daniel is, but he's only been given a few chances to really start in an NFL game. Give him a shot. Also, maybe, with the team at 1-4, it's time to see what they have in Murray. He's in year two and it would be a good opportunity to see if he has what it takes to be a NFL level QB. If he doesn't show the potential, they need to address the position in next several drafts each draft to make sure that they get someone in who will eventually get to the level of top 15 NFL starting QB.

But that doesn't mean blowing a first on the position just to blow a first on the position because some dipshit draftnik site lists a dude in their top 3.

We almost had Manziel. Truth is the Browns moved right in front of us to get him.

Manziel under Reid would have been majical. I know a lot don't like Manziel but he got drafted by the Browns where drafted QB's go to die.

Reid may have utilized his talents and not tried to change him and a spectacular career would have developed before our very eyes.

notorious 10-12-2015 10:24 AM

Hog is on a roll.