ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs parking changes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301085)

Discuss Thrower 07-27-2016 12:09 PM

IMHO they need to just bite the bullet and make pass buyers pick a color and letter and then receive a gate number to arrive in as well as the directive that no guarantee is made on whether or not you'll be able to park in that respective lot if you don't arrive an 1:30 prior to kickoff.

Discuss Thrower 07-27-2016 12:13 PM

I get the logic, but I don't think this will work as well as they intend:

Quote:

There will continue to be a one-hour early arrival open parking period for Chiefs Kingdom Rewards members beginning five and a half hours prior to kickoff for fans who redeem their Chiefs Kingdom Rewards points for an Early Arrival Tailgate Pass. There is a limited number of these passes available each game. Early arrival open parking will be directed to the appropriate sections (Red or Gold) of Lots C, D, F and G. All approved grass parking locations will also be available during this time on a first-come first-serve basis. Platinum (Lots M and E) pass holders who use points to redeem an Early Arrival Tailgate Pass will be directed to their designated lot. Early Arrival Tailgate Pass holders must enter through Gate 1 or Gate 7 and will still need to have a prepaid parking pass. If they do not.

have a prepaid parking pass they will be required to pay the cash parking fee at the gate. The redemption of points for an Early Arrival Tailgate Pass on Chiefs Kingdom Rewards does not secure your parking spotA 30-minute open parking period for guests who choose not to redeem Chiefs Kingdom Rewards points will be permitted four and a half hours before kickoff and those vehicles will be directed to Lots C, D, F, G and all approved grass parking locations. Four hours prior to kickoff, open parking will end and all vehicles will be directed to the next available space in the next available lot or will be allowed to park in available, approved grass parking areas.

Simply Red 07-27-2016 12:21 PM

get murdered for only $10 more!!

tomahawk kid 07-27-2016 12:23 PM

I walked through the Public Parking lots before the Chiefs / Pats MNF game in 2014.

It truly felt like a situation out of control, possibly what I imagine a prison yard would be like.

Marcellus 07-27-2016 12:28 PM

Doesn't sound like that big of deal to me. I don't think it has anything to do with $ either when you consider The county gets all of the parking $.

They want you to buy before the game to speed up the process.

Discuss Thrower 07-27-2016 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12337272)
Doesn't sound like that big of deal to me. I don't think it has anything to do with $ either when you consider The county gets all of the parking $.

They want you to buy before the game to speed up the process.

That's a big part of it, but it's also intended to keep out the riff raff in light of a fan dying as an indirect cause of getting drunk at a football game.

Kicker is they're punishing the fans who are less likely to be the drunken riff raff to do so.

Further, they're limiting where you can park with regards to location to the stadium.

Fish 07-27-2016 12:34 PM

Surprised they have the nerve to raise parking, considering how woefully inadequate the current parking system is regarding the number of available lanes for vehicles, and how long it actually takes to enter/empty the lots on game days. They haven't really done anything structurally with the lot/roadways/exits over the last few decades while parking prices have continued to rise the entire time. It would be different if they could show some improvements. But it's just gotten worse over the last 5 years...

Bowser 07-27-2016 12:37 PM

Exponentially worse over 5 years, imho.

Discuss Thrower 07-27-2016 12:39 PM

Funny how that correlates with Donovan's stint as president.

Bowser 07-27-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12337294)
Funny how that correlates with Donovan's stint as president.

When did he take over? When Pioli started, or just after Pioli?

Dave Lane 07-27-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12337013)
Wow. They're trying really hard to make sure I never go to a game ever again.

I think they have succeeded with me.

stevieray 07-27-2016 12:56 PM

Arrowhead has gone to shit since Lamar died.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-27-2016 01:01 PM

40 bucks to park ROFL

Bowser 07-27-2016 01:08 PM

After doing a whole 5 minutes of research of the subject, it looks like Arrowhead charges right at the average for parking in the NFL. Doesn't mean I like it, or you have to like it, but there you go.

Dallas charges $75 to park. They're the highest.

Bowser 07-27-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12337308)
When did he take over? When Pioli started, or just after Pioli?

2011. Thanks for nothing, Discuss.

Sounds about right. I was thinking all these new rules with parking started with Pioli.