ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Police shoot and kill 2 on barney allis plaza. edit. No active shooter (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315813)

Rain Man 06-15-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13593595)
Must be old numbers. Chicago had 770 in 2016 but it's gone down to 650 last year and theyre on pace for 400-500 this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

The remaining residents are better learning how to serpentine.

banecat 06-15-2018 01:51 PM

This is the second thread in two days on a third local shooting in the area. So forgive me in advance or don't. But where are all of the Gun Ban Club members to condemn gun violence? Too bad that school's out. Guess they'll have to wait until August or September to get back on their soapbox. But it just shows that Chris Rock was right, and they only care when it fits nicely into their narrative, but not when it takes a daily toll in the part of town where they have the vote secured

Flying High D 06-15-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13594308)
So what you're saying is that Chicago's gonna party like it's Damascus this weekend?

It will be responsible celebrating. These are mature grown up adults after all.

banecat 06-15-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13594392)
It will be responsible celebrating. These are mature grown up adults after all.

In the heat, and with roughly half just moving here from an island that's a territory making it pretty much a foreign land after their home was destroyed by a natural disaster, and the leader on the mainland handled their issues half as well as Katrina was? I watched the second to last episode of Seinfeld. You can't fool me

Flying High D 06-15-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13594411)
In the heat, and with roughly half just moving here from an island that's a territory making it pretty much a foreign land after their home was destroyed by a natural disaster, and the leader on the mainland handled their issues half as well as Katrina was? I watched the second to last episode of Seinfeld. You can't fool me

I always forget that.

SAUTO 06-15-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 13594259)
Can they not taze that person? Or shoot them with the 10 gauge bean bags?

Couldn't tell ya . I wasn't there

Flying High D 06-15-2018 06:15 PM

Any autopsy results yet?

SAUTO 06-15-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13594661)
Any autopsy results yet?

Cause of death was lead poisoning

WhiteWhale 06-15-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13593372)
Shouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Even a really big knife. :D

Did you know if you have your gun holstered it's essentially impossible for you to draw and shoot a knife wielding person before getting stabbed if they're closer than 21 feet?

Kinda crazy. 21 feet away and a knife has an advantage over a holstered gun.

Yanno who's aware of this fact? Police.

Hoopsdoc 06-15-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13594755)
Did you know if you have your gun holstered it's essentially impossible for you to draw and shoot a knife wielding person before getting stabbed if they're closer than 21 feet?

Wait, what? Are we talking padlocked holsters here?

Seems like one should be able to unsnap and draw in a matter of 1-2 seconds. No one can run that fast.

banecat 06-15-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 13594783)

Seems like one should be able to unsnap and draw in a matter of 1-2 seconds. No one can run that fast.

I've heard this before too, and witnessed a demonstration on it. I thought that it was twenty feet

Buehler445 06-15-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 13594783)

It's not as far as you think. If your arms are 3 feet long, you have to cover 18 feet. 6 foot strides, thats 3 steps. If it takes a step to determine that you're going to pull your gun I could see it.

Frazod 06-15-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13594755)

I can draw from concealment and accurately fire an aimed shot in one second. I know because I've been timed doing it. And if some asshole is charging at me with a knife, I won't stop at one shot.

To be fair, I'm sure I'm far more skilled with a gun than most cops, and shoot far more often.

Yeah, I might get stabbed. But the other guy's going to have several expanded hollow point rounds in his chest. I like my survival odds better than his.

banecat 06-15-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13594837)
I can draw from concealment and accurately fire an aimed shot in one second. I know because I've been timed doing it. And if some asshole is charging at me with a knife, I won't stop at one shot.

To be fair, I'm sure I'm far more skilled with a gun than most cops, and shoot far more often.

Yeah, I might get stabbed. But the other guy's going to have several expanded hollow point rounds in his chest. I like my survival odds better than his.

How quickly can the average man make eight steps? Not to mention if they have assistance from any number of substances. They're also not likely to stab once or twice. How easy is it to hold and fire a weapon while being stabbed repeatedly in the arm that's holding a firearm?

Frazod 06-15-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13594842)
How quickly can the average man make eight steps? Not to mention if they have assistance from any number of substances. They're also not likely to stab once or twice. How easy is it to hold and fire a weapon while being stabbed repeatedly in the arm that's holding a firearm?

How many stabs do you think he'll get off with a shredded chunk of goo where his heart used to be?