ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Atlantis Found? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318133)

ThaVirus 10-12-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13809837)
I actually watched the whole video, shocking I know. Very interesting and convincing.

What was convincing to you?

WhiteWhale 10-12-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13808790)
I was really into Archeology for a couple of years in the 80's. Went on some digs. Found a new Roman mosaic floor in a house no one knew existed. Kind of cool to be the first person to see something so beautiful for the first time in 2000 years. All of the colors were intact.

Most of the Archeologist's, at that time anyway, that I talked with thought Atlantis was a BS story or it was a fraction of the myth that was built up by Roman writers for political and social reasons.

They always thought Troy was real. And then we found it 20 years later.

Well, I mean, you should have been suspicious of the archaeologists you talk to since Atlantis originates in ancient Greek lore and not a myth made up by Roman writers for political reasons.

greg63 10-12-2018 08:57 PM

So, I thought the lost city of Atlantis was at the bottom of the ocean; must one actually care about the topic in order to respond to the thread?

Rain Man 10-12-2018 09:41 PM

I wonder what the coolest artifact is that was destroyed.

I guess you could count the seven wonders of the ancient world as artifacts. So maybe the Temple of Zeus or the Hanging Gardens. I wouldn't count the Library at Alexandria as a single artifact, but maybe there was something inside it that was really amazing.

Aside from buildings, I wonder what was out there. There are some things we know about that were lost, but there's probably some amazing stuff that we have no idea even existed.

BlackOp 10-12-2018 10:56 PM

Funny...reading people discounting Atlantis by merely repeating what they've been fed by main stream. Socrates studied with the Egyptian Hermetic masters...and Plato was merely his understudy. This video is a bit misleading by it's failure to mention Socrates. What he (Socrates) learned has been instrumental in forming western philosophy. The Egyptians were extremely cautious of this information...fearing in the wrong hands, it would be a disaster. Hence the term "hermetically sealed"...and why Socrates didn't actually write anything. It was mouth to mouth. They had layers and layers of protection...much like the Masons have 33 layers.

Trace history and see what the Egyptians provided to our current state of civilization...advanced is an understatement. We'd be slobbering apes without them...

Egyptian hermetics were the carry over from Atlantian civilization...and this information is deliberately discounted. It was taken underground so only "initiates" were privy to the real truth...It's why the free masons have so much Egyptian reference in their culture.

Wiki locking the Atlantis page isn't surprising if you know what's going on...and has been for thousands of years. Essentially, it's saying...you're not evolved enough to handle the responsibility of this truth. They are "cattle-prodding" us from the shadows...inch by inch.

FAX 10-12-2018 10:59 PM

Hermes was thrice awesome (according to his pals). Herpes, on the other hand ... whoo.

FAX

KS Smitty 10-12-2018 11:20 PM

The Scot Donovan's take on Atlantis:

The continent of Atlantis was an island
Which lay before the great flood
In the area we now call the Atlantic Ocean.
So great an area of land,
That from her western shores
Those beautiful sailors journeyed
To the South and the North Americas with ease,
In their ships with painted sails.
To the East Africa was a neighbour,
Across a short strait of sea miles.
The great Egyptian age is

But a remnant of The Atlantian culture.
The antediluvian kings colonised the world
All the Gods who play in the mythological dramas
In all legends from all lands were from far Atlantis.

Knowing her fate,
Atlantis sent out ships to all corners of the Earth.
On board were the Twelve:

The poet, the physician, The farmer, the scientist,
The magician and the other so-called Gods of our legends.
Though Gods they were -
And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind
Let us rejoice
And let us sing
And dance and ring in the new Hail Atlantis!

Way down below the ocean where I wanna be she may be,
Way down below the ocean where I wanna be she may be.
Way down below the ocean where I wanna be she may be.
My antediluvian baby, oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah,
I wanna see you some day
My antediluvian baby, oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah,
My antediluvian baby,
My antediluvian baby, I love you, girl,
Girl, I wanna see you some day.
My antediluvian baby, oh yeah
I wanna see you some day, oh My antediluvian baby.
My antediluvian baby, I wanna see you
My antediluvian baby, gotta tell me where she gone
I wanna see you some day Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up,
oh yeah Oh club club, down down, yeah
My antediluvian baby, oh yeah yeah yeah yeah

Fish 10-12-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13810358)
Funny...reading people discounting Atlantis by merely repeating what they've been fed by main stream. Socrates studied with the Egyptian Hermetic masters...and Plato was merely his understudy. This video is a bit misleading by it's failure to mention Socrates. What he (Socrates) learned has been instrumental in forming western philosophy. The Egyptians were extremely cautious of this information...fearing in the wrong hands, it would be a disaster. Hence the term "hermetically sealed". They had layers and layers of protection...much like the Masons have 33 layers.

Trace history and see what the Egyptians provided to our current state of civilization...advanced is an understatement. We'd be slobbering apes without them...

Egyptian hermetics were the carry over from Atlantian civilization...and this information is deliberately discounted. It was taken underground so only "initiates" were privy to the real truth...It's why the free masons have so much Egyptian reference in their culture.

Wiki locking the Atlantis page isn't surprising if you know what's going on...and has been for thousands of years.

Not sure exactly what you're blabbering about. But this is a naturally formed structure. Formed by a volcanic rim pushed up through the surface and eroded over time into layers.

Wiki locking the Atlantis page is to prevent nuts like you from writing 15 paragraphs of bullshit.

Frazod 10-12-2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13810376)
Not sure exactly what you're blabbering about. But this is a naturally formed structure. Formed by a volcanic rim pushed up through the surface and eroded over time into layers.

Wiki locking the Atlantis page is to prevent nuts like you from writing 15 paragraphs of bullshit.

Almost as far fetched as global warming, right? :drool:

BlackOp 10-12-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13810376)

Remember the last statement I wrote..."we're not evolved enough to handle the real truth"....thanks for reinforcing that.

I have to ask...since your post was so emphatic. Where did you get your information from to be so cock-sure you're correct?

There is a beautiful qoute about propaganda...but I think it applies in this instance.

"The goal of propaganda is to convince the person that they came to their conclusion on their own"....that's not verbatim...but it's the sentiment.

BlackOp 10-12-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13810360)
Hermes was thrice awesome (according to his pals). Herpes, on the other hand ... whoo.

FAX

I'm not sure if your reference to Hermes was a quick Google or not...probably was otherwise you wouldn't trivialize him (it). What ever "it" was...wasnt of this earth.

suzzer99 10-12-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 13809755)
Santorini fits all the aspects for Atlantis. An advanced culture that died and the land was submerged due to a huge volcanic eruption.

A few years ago scholars thought Troy was a myth and didn't exist... until they found it.

Yeah this makes a lot more sense.

Fish 10-12-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13810379)
Almost as far fetched as global warming, right? :drool:

The Richat structure isn't actually geologically mysterious. It's been well explained. Nutter sites like to throw out buzz phrases like "Scientists are puzzled how this type of thing could form," only to give question to the idea that this could be a natural formation. But that's not correct. Scientists are only puzzled about how this could be formed by nature and still be so near-circular. They have no doubt that it was a natural formation.

Sources:

https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/gsa...dFrom=fulltext

https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/richat-structure

Fish 10-12-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13810386)
Remember the last statement I wrote..."we're not evolved enough to handle the real truth"....thanks for reinforcing that.

I have to ask...since your post was so emphatic. Where did you get your information from to be so cock-sure you're correct?

There is a beautiful qoute about propaganda...but I think it applies in this instance.

"The goal of propaganda is to convince the person that they came to their conclusion on their own"....that's not verbatim...but it's the sentiment.

Here:

https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/gsa...dFrom=fulltext

https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/richat-structure

Tell me where you get yours.... $1 says it's not from any actual geological/archaeological entity, but some nutter conspiracy site....

suzzer99 10-12-2018 11:49 PM

Fish - what do you think about Santorini as a possible Atlantis?