ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports To what extent do you focus on "sports media"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319677)

Easy 6 12-18-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13970127)
I find Kay Adams pretty interesting on their morning show.

http://i.imgur.com/OtK1lj4.jpg

No one will be able to get a real handle on those crazy eyes and joker lips until she is at least 50 and running out of options

She will confound every poor sap she runs into until then

007 12-18-2018 11:55 PM

I listen to sports radio in the car for a few minutes per day. I also check youtube for media talk highlights to see what the national morons what everyone to believe. Cowherd is the entertaining one because I don't think he believes one damn thing he says. Its all shock value for him.

bdj23 12-18-2018 11:56 PM

My rule with ESPN is I will watch it until they get political, then I turn it off.

Tbh I don't watch a lot of TV minus the NFL on Sunday and Cardinals baseball on MLB.tv.

Nzoner 12-19-2018 07:45 AM

NFL season only

Regularly-more often than not NFL Network

Regularly-I have 3 Sirius/XM channels I flip between, NFL radio,Vegas Sports Information Network and Fantasy Football channel.

Never

srvy 12-19-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13970060)
I’ve found that quality is all I look for anymore. Don’t care much about big media much anymore unless I see some cool clips of guys like Shannon Sharpe primping Mahomes. Kinda funny that people get mad about guys like Cowherd or GMFB saying something against Mahomes (they can’t fellate him every goddamn time).

I really like listening to Grunhard though. I think he’s the best listen for Chiefs talk.

Grunny is great and doesnt pull many punches.

DJay23 12-19-2018 11:22 AM

I listen to ESPN radio just because that's what's on during my commute.

Golic and Wingo is a neutered show that likes itself more than I would bet most people do.

LeBatard is pretty funny, but it' rare I listen to them when they are actually talking about sports.

Will Cain likes to be the contrarian and his radio ego is so big that it's pretty annoying to listen to him try to slither out of his awful takes.

Spain and Fitz are boring.

I really like the Simms and Lefkoe podcast on Bleacher Report. They are smart, funny, and uncensored.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-19-2018 11:24 AM

The early ESPN slot has always been the Nickelback of sports radio.

The Franchise 12-19-2018 11:30 AM

The only sports radio I've ever listened to was the NFL channel on Sirius XM. Once we got rid of all the talk stations....I stopped. Other than that....I don't listen to anything else sports related. It's all the same tired, rehashed bullshit anyways.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-19-2018 11:32 AM

If you are considering the merits of a Nazi-esque eugenics and forced sterilization program, listen to Paul Finebaum's callers

Eleazar 12-19-2018 12:02 PM

Other than Arrowhead Pride once in a blue moon, zero.

O.city 12-19-2018 12:09 PM

Podcasts all the way.

Simms and Lefkoe is a must listen if you like the NFL. Middlekauf and Haberman and Middlekaufs 3 and out are good too.

Other than that, not a lot.

Dayze 12-19-2018 12:13 PM

I wonder how the the local radio guys feel knowing their jobs and 'shows' are essentially the equivalent of CNBC being on in the background of a dentist's office.

just background noise.

the only one locally who i give a little leeway to is Petro. Though, his Stump The Chumps segments almost makes it a wash and puts him back at 0.

KChiefs1 12-19-2018 12:24 PM

Simms & Lefkoe podcast
Locked On Chiefs podcast
The Terez Paylor Show podcast
Soren Petro podcasts
Dan Patrick
Rich Eisen
Keitzman interviews with Mahomes
The Ringer NFL Show podcast

Rasputin 12-19-2018 12:25 PM

I like Papi on Highly Questionable probably my favorite sports media show

I also like Round The Horn and they get points or points taken away.

Those are the only two shows i look forward to watching on sports channels the rest i watch for highlights and mostly :rolleyes:

I miss the good ol days when they did the " HE GOT ~JACKED UP" segment.

Dayze 12-19-2018 12:37 PM

man. I LOVED the Jacked Up segments.

don't worry. now we have "You Got Moss'd"

whatever the hell that is.
I think they're trying to make that work ; similar to how the chick in Mean Girls was trying to make "Fetch" a thing.