ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs tag Ford (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321629)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-04-2019 05:54 PM

Speaks would be a good defensive end. Tanoh sucks ass as he barely got on the field last year. I put my money on that Dieter has more of a impact than Tanoh next year. We do need another linebacker

ToxSocks 03-04-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14134475)
Maybe they’re looking to go after Flowers?

I'm skeptical about anything that comes out of NE.

The Franchise 03-04-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14134518)
I'm not down on either of those guys. But there's no denying that the defense would be getting worse.

You're taking the only thing this D did well and removing it and hoping they're better for it.

Maybe they trade both. I'm not ruling it out. But i can't see that making them a better unit in 2019.

Agree to disagree I guess. We'll just have to both wait and see.

I'm now hoping that they cut Berry.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-04-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14134498)
Funny isn't it?

When everybody was piling on me about not wanting to keep Ford, it was "trust in the coaching staff. The coaching staff is going to fix this".

Now that they apparently want to get rid of Ford AND Houston, the coaching staff is dumb and has no clue.

Gotta love CP.

I ****ing LOVE it and stand behind it 1000%. It does us NO GOOD to be "great" at a few stats when the sum of the whole is a big, floppy, bag o' dicks.

I'll tell you what blew my lid:

People pretending that Houston and Ford were going to be in ANY way, shape, or form, effective DE's in a ****ing 4-3. Now THAT shit is second take, head-twisting, absurd. Houston maybe, much more so than Ford, but not at that price. No sir.

There are three changes happening here:

Scheme, personnel, and culture. And I'd disappointed if it went down any other way.

Chris Meck 03-04-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14134491)
Lol no.

They were the #1 pass rush in the league last year. Yeah, go ahead and blow that up and see how much "Better" they'll be.

If anyone thinks they can't get worse you're sorely mistaken.

No, they were #1 in sacks. It's not the same thing. That pass rush disappeared often when we needed it most.

We lost multiple games in which we scored 40 points.

In the AFC championship game, when we needed it most, we couldn't get to Brady.

We also couldn't stop the run all year long.

There are no sacred cows on a historically bad defense.

saphojunkie 03-04-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14134520)
Don’t worry guys, we’re gonna get rid of our most impactful players to free up money to sign....(checks notes) and in the box safety who’s coming off an injury plagued season to a big contract

I'd say the two most impactful players were Chris Jones and Orlando Scandrick.

saphojunkie 03-04-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14134523)
I'm skeptical about anything that comes out of NE.

Chandler Jones says hi. I'm not skeptical about pass rushers. I am, however, skeptical about anyone whose success is based on Brady getting him the ball.

O.city 03-04-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14134528)
I'd say the two most impactful players were Chris Jones and Orlando Scandrick.

I’d say the guy that led the league in pressures made an impact, no?

staylor26 03-04-2019 05:58 PM

The only way they get rid of Houston and Ford is if they go out and get somebody like Flowers.

I’d be shocked, but I’m not worried that they don’t have a plan if they do it.

O.city 03-04-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14134531)
Chandler Jones says hi. I'm not skeptical about pass rushers. I am, however, skeptical about anyone whose success is based on Brady getting him the ball.

Wonder if they’d take our 29 for Jones ?

The Franchise 03-04-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14134533)
The only way they get rid of Houston and Ford is if they go out and get somebody like Flowers.

I’d be shocked, but I’m not worried that they don’t have a plan if they do it.

Nobody pictured Veach going out on the 1st day and signing Watkins and Hitchens. Veach apparently does whatever the **** he wants.

saphojunkie 03-04-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14134532)
I’d say the guy that led the league in pressures made an impact, no?

Yeah, for sure. Chris Jones was good for a sack for an historical number of consecutive games, though. And with teams getting rid of the ball sooner and sooner, I'll take an interior pass rush over an outside one.

But I don't think there's a wrong answer. I do, however, believe that no single player affected our defense more than Scandrick did.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-04-2019 06:00 PM

When are Tyreek and Jones getting extensions? Our cap space will go to that as well

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-04-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14134536)
Yeah, for sure. Chris Jones was good for a sack for an historical amount of consecutive games, though. And with teams getting rid of the ball sooner and sooner, I'll take an interior pass rush over an outside one.

But I don't think there's a wrong answer. I do, however, believe that no single player affected our defense more than Scandrick did.

True. We could’ve won the Rams and Pats game if Scandrick had hands

Couch-Potato 03-04-2019 06:01 PM

What is Ford worth? To whom?