ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CBS sports online website article: Patrick Peterson to Chiefs "MAKES SENSE" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322843)

CaliforniaChief 05-09-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14260693)
1st rounder that probably ends up being 29-32? Ehh, I don’t think I’d mind.

A lockdown corner like PP immediately makes this defense top 10, maybe top 5.

Absolutely this. I personally don't think AZ is going to trade him, not after all the good attention they garnered from their draft, but if they do...Veach should, and probably would, move in.

Mecca 05-09-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14260699)
Let's just trade our first round pick every ****ing year. Who needs young cost controlled talent anyways?

Yea...when its basically a 2 it doesn't hold a ton of value though...and this is a bowl team.

TLO 05-09-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Let's just trade our first round pick every ****ing year. Who needs young cost controlled talent anyways?

Ryan Sims says "HELL YEAH!!"

pugsnotdrugs19 05-09-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

If they had PP and Hill still around, they’d be almost inarguably the most talented team in the league. That’s gotta count for something.

The draft pick has value yeah but this would be a unique opportunity to acquire one of the best corners in football, an extremely valuable position. He’s also a great leader.

New World Order 05-09-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 14260527)
Can't we give them a 2nd and a 4th or some shit?

2nd and 4th is more than reasonable for a good corner who’s approaching 30, playing on a team that’s rebuilding

carcosa 05-09-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Shut da **** up

Naptown Chief 05-09-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Let's just trade you to another forum.

pugsnotdrugs19 05-09-2019 11:50 AM

You gotta think about the impact of a player like this. He makes everyone else’s job easier on defense. You can do different things schematically, whether it be letting him shut down the opposing #2 WR or having him cover the #1 with less safety help than most corners would need.

Chief Pagan 05-09-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14260702)
Yea...when its basically a 2 it doesn't hold a ton of value though...and this is a bowl team.

A first round that is basically a 2 still gets a fifth year option, right?

Mecca 05-09-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 14260720)

If dude is a scrub does that matter?

Would you rather have Frank Clark or that DE the Seahawks picked?

New World Order 05-09-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 14260720)

We can worry about cost effective options after we win back-to-back sbs

jjchieffan 05-09-2019 11:58 AM

So, since I have dumbass Carcosa blocked I can't read what was in the OP. I went to CBSSports.com and found an article called 7 trades that make sense. I assume that's the right article? If it is, then I found some interesting things in there. Mainly that he had 2 years left on his contract at $11 and $12 million. Now, I'm guessing that he would want a new contract as part of the trade. Should the Chiefs give him a new contract right away if they make the trade? I mean, nothing has been said about why he wants out of Arizona. But I'm guessing money because of his snakes in the grass comment. That makes me think that he was promised a rework on his deal and the Cards changed their minds. I don't know. Is there anything out there to support that idea?

Stryker 05-09-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14260664)
My dick is hard and ready to blow!!! Come on PP!!! Finish me like Mortal Kombat!!!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

pugsnotdrugs19 05-09-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14260733)
So, since I have dumbass Carcosa blocked I can't read what was in the OP. I went to CBSSports.com and found an article called 7 trades that make sense. I assume that's the right article? If it is, then I found some interesting things in there. Mainly that he had 2 years left on his contract at $11 and $12 million. Now, I'm guessing that he would want a new contract as part of the trade. Should the Chiefs give him a new contract right away if they make the trade? I mean, nothing has been said about why he wants out of Arizona. But I'm guessing money because of his snakes in the grass comment. That makes me think that he was promised a rework on his deal and the Cards changed their minds. I don't know. Is there anything out there to support that idea?

That’s where things get tricky. I don’t really love the idea of a big extension.

Sell him on winning a Super Bowl, and if it doesn’t work, so be it.

RunKC 05-09-2019 12:09 PM

Why do people respond to okchiefs? Dude just bitches to bitch. That’s every single post he makes.

He’s been bitching about this team not trying to get a good corner for several months and now that a report comes out about doing that, he still bitches.