ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game: Week 3 KC 33 BALT 28 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325325)

Buehler445 09-22-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14471796)
Excellent write-up!

I had a great time today at the game and finally got to see Mahomes play. He was better than I could have hoped for. I have watched many Qbs in my day and he is the best I have ever seen.

I hope all the folks stuck up in the mud got out and the cars that had to run over the white fence to get out didn't get too much damage to their vehicles.

Ravens had zero respect for our defense by going for it on fourth down in their own territory. Pretty disrespectful and stupid. It cost them 7 points.

The Ravens were a few lucky passes and horrible calls from the refs from getting blown out today.

I never worried we would lose this game. Not with Mahomes.

I don’t think the 4th down stuff was because they weren’t scared of our defense, I think they did it because they were terrified of our offense. If anyone should feel disrespected it’s Baltimore’s d.

otherstar 09-22-2019 10:06 PM

Great write-up! I'll trade whatever rain you all had in the KC are for the 16 inches we got from TS Imelda earlier this week in the Houston area.

Buehler445 09-22-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otherstar (Post 14471812)
Great write-up! I'll trade whatever rain you all had in the KC are for the 16 inches we got from TS Imelda earlier this week in the Houston area.

Send it my way. Some day I need to grow some wheat.

stevieray 09-23-2019 06:07 AM

Always good to see you, GMan!

TwistedChief 09-23-2019 06:13 AM

Great weekend. Great game. Go Chiefs.

And of course:
"PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK!"

MahiMike 09-23-2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 14471095)
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xT9KVluGDHZvOk0tdC" width="480" height="204" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/quentin-tarantino-pulp-fiction-samuel-l-jackson-xT9KVluGDHZvOk0tdC">via GIPHY</a></p>

Now I really can't stand Jackson.

MahiMike 09-23-2019 06:29 AM

Good write up George. I thought Chris Jones did well but ogbah is my new favorite defender.

Seemed like spags was willing to let them run in favor of shutting down the pass. Interesting way to play it but it worked out.

Prison Bitch 09-23-2019 06:30 AM

George gonna talk all season about that phantom “wobbly wheel” that doesn’t exist

synthesis2 09-23-2019 06:40 AM

great write up George pretty much spot on.

I think the only thing I wish we would do more ( which I understand why we don't) is if Patty kept the pedal down the second half of the game. You can tell he is more ( managing) the game for the second half of the games the last two weeks.

When he is aggressive they just fly down the field. he had 277 at half time . I think he could easily get 400 plus most every week but just decides to take it easy. People will say how we don't score much in the second half but it looks like they are just trying to milk the clock.

58-4ever 09-23-2019 07:12 AM

"10 Things" is always better than anything in the Star on Monday morning. Thanks, George.

neech 09-23-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

It looks like the refs are serious about protecting him, so he’s kind of a “made man” like Tommy Boy and the Five Head used to be.
Throwing a penalty flag after Mahomes gets slammed to the ground isn't exactly protecting him.

bowener 09-23-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

2. Kudos to Andy as to how he handled the last two minutes. The third down screen to Williams was a perfect call. There’s been so many games where one first down would salt it away, and the Chiefs under Huard, or Alex Smith or whoever, didn’t have the balls to put the game in the QBs hands and let him win it. I’m still having to alter my thinking to factor in we have the league MVP, and this guy is nothing we’ve seen around these parts since Joe Montana. Andy seemed really fired up coming off the field after the game. I think if we can get him to a Super Bowl this year, he’ll wind up in the Pro Football HOF.
I firmly believe that Mahomes saved us from the Reid game that happens once a season where he snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. When we got the ball with 2:01 in the 4th he made an error and called a run. It burned 4 seconds and we went to the 2-minute warning. He absolutely should have called a pass and let Mahomes try and grab a big gain. It wouldn't have mattered if it was incomplete, and the chances of Mahomes throwing a pick are probably lower than the chance of a fumble from the RB (unless it was K. Hunt). I think Andy went conservative a little too soon considering the Ravens had been moving the ball with ease in the 4th.

oldman 09-23-2019 07:56 AM

Reading George's write-ups is like watching PMII throw, always entertaining.

I'm a little concerned about being held scoreless in the 1st again. We need to come out with the whooping stick, lay 21 or so on our opponents in the 1st and then see what they have to do to counter. We can't afford to let the other guys dictate our D.

That said, I'm beginning to think Ogbah might have been the steal of the off season.

chiefzilla1501 09-23-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14472202)
I firmly believe that Mahomes saved us from the Reid game that happens once a season where he snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. When we got the ball with 2:01 in the 4th he made an error and called a run. It burned 4 seconds and we went to the 2-minute warning. He absolutely should have called a pass and let Mahomes try and grab a big gain. It wouldn't have mattered if it was incomplete, and the chances of Mahomes throwing a pick are probably lower than the chance of a fumble from the RB (unless it was K. Hunt). I think Andy went conservative a little too soon considering the Ravens had been moving the ball with ease in the 4th.

I'm starting to take comfort that mahomes might be just the guy to counter Reid's game management problems. Yesterday was the most fired up I've seen mahomes. Calling his teammates out for bad snaps and protections. Steaming mad at Andy's timeout at the end. Telling Reid to call that brilliant screen pass to seal the game. This is exactly what Reid needs and it's equally cool to watch Reid show that much trust in his qb.

chiefzilla1501 09-23-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14471783)
I can’t remember for sure but I think Darrell has had his share of injuries too. Maybe not though. Either way, great performance. But I don’t see how he can look big and slow every carry of his NFL career and then rape faces tonight. Against a really good defense. Whatever. I’ll take it.

Anyway the injuries are why we keep 4 and Sherman.

Agreed. What really surprised me about darrel was his one cut. I always thought he'd be our power back. But that quick cut and burst... That was Larry Johnson like.