ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Burfict getting suspended [for the sesason] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325535)

Graystoke 09-30-2019 10:04 AM

GOOD!
He is a dirty mother f'er

gblowfish 09-30-2019 10:05 AM

Good. **** that guy.

SupDock 09-30-2019 10:08 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL VP Jon Runyan on Vontaze Burfict: “There were no mitigating circumstances on this play. Your contact was unnecessary, flagrant and should have been avoided...You have continued to flagrantly abuse rules designated to protect yourself and your opponents from unnecessary risk.”</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1178701087332851712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 30, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445 09-30-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14490280)
WHAT? You really think the Jones hit was worse that Burfict's? You think Jones had an intent to injure there?

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/4ryru/ljglu" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14490293)
I just don't even know where to begin.

1. Burfict could literally just push the guy over and he'd be down by contact. He didn't need to lower his shoulder or head or anything.

2. The guy Burfict hit IS NOT moving forward, DOES NOT lower his head, and contributes NOTHING to the head to head shot he takes.

3. Allen IS moving forward, DOES lower his helmet (to try to get to the first down marker) and DOES contribute to the helmet to helmet collision.

4. Burfict is running through the player. It's a borderline launch. Jones doesn't launch.

5. Burfict clearly intends to lead with his helmet. Jones COULD HAVE led with his helmet, but instead stops is trying to rotate around to lead with the shoulder. Allen drops his helmet and the two collide, mostly in an unfortunate "shit happens when two fast moving bodies collide" kind of way.

I honestly have no idea how anyone can see the Jones hit as WORSE.

Eh **** me. The replay I saw didn't show him on the ground. Burfict's is probably worse, but it doesn't change the fact the Jones' was also bad. And all he got was an offset penalty.

Follow me through here. I know Burfict is a piece of shit and trying to hurt the guy. I know this. BUT if I'm playing devil's advocate, I can roll in here and say that wasn't Burficts guy, he was coming from a long way away, so it's tough to time it. The guy is trying to get up and run, and the other idiot defender wasn't in good position to make a play. What is he supposed to do?

Well, the right answer is the same in both cases. Open up, get your shoulder into his midsection, get your head to the side and tackle him like you're ****ing supposed to.

You can make all the excuses you want, but your dude did the same shit as Burfict. Now I fully acknowledge Burfict was, is, and always will be a piece of shit and did it on purpose. While I don't know anything about Jones, it was the same shit.

chinaski 09-30-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14490217)
Yet the Patriot that killed Allen straight to his head gets nothing.

Real fair.

Burfict's history of dirty hits certainly played into his suspension. He really should be banned for life.

The guy was laughing after getting ejected. **** that guy. He needs to go.

Sassy Squatch 09-30-2019 10:38 AM

LMAO Pretty fitting this happens the same day the Steelers and Bengals are on for MNF.

notorious 09-30-2019 10:46 AM

Good lord that was horrifying. Imagine Kelce taking that hit........

Burfict is a ****ing piece of shit that should NEVER see a football field again.

Buehler445 09-30-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 14490653)
Burfict's history of dirty hits certainly played into his suspension. He really should be banned for life.

The guy was laughing after getting ejected. **** that guy. He needs to go.

Yeah, him waving at all the fans and laughing was...Jesus. **** that guy with a D9 Cat.

burt 09-30-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14490623)
Now I fully acknowledge Burfict was, is, and always will be a piece of shit and did it on purpose. While I don't know anything about Jones, it was the same shit.

I guess we agree to disagree. The Jones hit was totally not the same shit.

Garcia Bronco 09-30-2019 10:54 AM

Can't find video of th full play at regular speed...was the guy already down? If not...then I don't understand the fuss

R8RFAN 09-30-2019 10:56 AM

He deserved it, it was a nasty uncalled for hit, all he basically had to do was touch the guy and he would have been down.

R8RFAN 09-30-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 14490689)
Can't find video of th full play at regular speed...was the guy already down? If not...then I don't understand the fuss

Guy caught the ball untouched, fell to the ground and was in the process of getting back up... Totally uncalled for hit.

Buehler445 09-30-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 14490680)
I guess we agree to disagree. The Jones hit was totally not the same shit.

That's fine. I'm good with that, but both are illegal hits to the helmet.

And it bristles me a bit to hear the nonsense about WHAT WAS HE SUPPOSED TO DO....I don't know, not perform illegal hits?

wazu 09-30-2019 11:02 AM

I’ll bet it gets reduced to 8 games.

Frazod 09-30-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14490710)
I’ll bet it gets reduced to 8 games.

I doubt it. As if he wasn't already completely ****ed, he was laughing as he left the field. That's like flipping off a judge after he finds you guilty.