ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What is your favorite pizza topping? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325816)

srvy 10-10-2019 03:32 PM

This poll is a fail. There are a lot of sausages and pepperoni is a salame which is a dry sausage. I like Italian sausage on a pizza not pork breakfast sausage. And who like one topping pizza? Yeah kids!

DJ's left nut 10-10-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14513885)
A plain cheese pizza can be really good, but if you want to spice it up, add pineapple. And if you really want to make it fancy, add either beef or pepperoni.

A local pizza place near us has an optional topping that is driving my wife and me mad with foodlust. It's cream cheese. That may sound a little weird, but it's amazingly good. We're ordering from that place just for the cream cheese, and we're even ignoring the fact that their negligent delivery drivers have twice nearly hit me in their cars as I was walking.

hmmm.....

Like...globs of it? Or as a spread? In lieu of or in addition to the mozzarella?

I make homemade pizzas on the Kettlepizza and tend to use the fresh mozzarella blobs but a few little dabs of cream cheese on there would probably be pretty good as well.

TLO 10-10-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14513895)
This poll is a fail. There are a lot of sausages and pepperoni is a salame which is a dry sausage. I like Italian sausage on a pizza not pork breakfast sausage. And who like one topping pizza? Yeah kids!

The idea is to pick your FAVORITE topping. If you don't see your favorite topping listed above post it down here.

Rain Man 10-10-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14513899)
hmmm.....

Like...globs of it? Or as a spread? In lieu of or in addition to the mozzarella?

I make homemade pizzas on the Kettlepizza and tend to use the fresh mozzarella blobs but a few little dabs of cream cheese on there would probably be pretty good as well.

It's little globs spread out on the pizza, and is in addition to the regular cheese. It doesn't take much, maybe a couple of globs per slice that are a half the size of a pat of butter. We were initially skeptical but curious and gave it a try, and it's amazing.

vailpass 10-10-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14513825)
I really like taco pizza from Casey's but Godfathers works in a pinch.

Traditional would be Italian sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, black olives, red marinara and moz. Hand tossed or thin crust.

Way back when I lived in Iowa there was a place called Happy Joes that had such good taco pizza. Can't find it out here.

I like most all pizza. One of my favorites is thin crust with sweet jalapenos and canadian bacon.

JakeF 10-10-2019 03:56 PM

Sausage, Beef, Chicken and Mushrooms

crayzkirk 10-10-2019 03:57 PM

I put ham since Canadian bacon wasn't there. Actually, without cheese, pizza is pretty boring...

SuperChief 10-10-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14513920)
It's little globs spread out on the pizza, and is in addition to the regular cheese. It doesn't take much, maybe a couple of globs per slice that are a half the size of a pat of butter. We were initially skeptical but curious and gave it a try, and it's amazing.

Pizza Shittle (Shuttle) in KS makes a cream cheese pizza that people slobber over. No thanks, says me.

TomB 10-10-2019 03:58 PM

Bacon well done, green pepper, sliced tomatoes. Cheese is automatic.

Rain Man 10-10-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 14513938)
Pizza Shittle (Shuttle) in KS makes a cream cheese pizza that people slobber over. No thanks, says me.

Set aside your skepticism and give it a try, and you too will soon lose control of your salivary glands. It's really good.

Coogs 10-10-2019 04:30 PM

My favorite is thin crust 2 topping from Pizza Hut. Pepperoni and Pepperoni. Not Pepperoni Lovers. Pepperoni and Pepperoni. There is a difference. Thin crust only.

FlorentinePogen 10-10-2019 04:31 PM

Anybody tried the Kelceroni from Minksy's?
https://minskys.com/introducing-trav...the-kelceroni/

KCUnited 10-10-2019 04:34 PM

Love me some Kelce and roni cups, but toppling that Minsky's Prime Cut is an uphill battle.

lcarus 10-10-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14513824)
Wow i thought Bacon would get more love. It's ****ing BACON.

I had a bacon pizza at Minsky's when I was a kid that was so good I'll never forget it.

But my favorite topping is sausage followed by pepperoni as long as it doesnt make the pizza too greasy.

Pineapple is "meh" to me. Not a big fan but I'll eat it if it's there.

ThaVirus 10-10-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14513885)
A plain cheese pizza can be really good, but if you want to spice it up, add pineapple. And if you really want to make it fancy, add either beef or pepperoni.

A local pizza place near us has an optional topping that is driving my wife and me mad with foodlust. It's cream cheese. That may sound a little weird, but it's amazingly good. We're ordering from that place just for the cream cheese, and we're even ignoring the fact that their negligent delivery drivers have twice nearly hit me in their cars as I was walking.

Hah! I worked at a small pizza restaurant in college that used cream cheese on multiple specialty pizzas. I can attest: cream cheese on pizza is INSANLEY good.

I can’t say it’s my single favorite individual topping though because it does work best with other toppings, whereas pepperoni as a solo topping definitely hits.