ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Riding/Zero Turn Mowers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334136)

F150 10-09-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15230408)
Aren't Farris professional-grade mowers? I have a buddy who has a 60" Farris and I think he paid about $11k for it. Yikes! But he has a side mowing business.

I have not looked at current prices. Farris is best known for independent suspension that is way more comfy than most. I suppose they are $$ but id bet comparable to the upper end, lower than Grasshopper.

Just looked, the new that would be abot same as mine is around $9500. Would expect to get better prices between now and December

https://www.hopkinsvilleoutdoor.com/...ynamic/IS2100Z

Lzen 10-09-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 15230449)
I have not looked at current prices. Farris is best known for independent suspension that is way more comfy than most. I suppose they are $$ but id bet comparable to the upper end, lower than Grasshopper.

Just looked, the new that would be abot same as mine is around $9500. Would expect to get better prices between now and December

https://www.hopkinsvilleoutdoor.com/...ynamic/IS2100Z

Oh, I'm sure those are excellent mowers. My buddy is a huge lawn guy so I know he knows his stuff. Just a little too rich for my blood.

htismaqe 10-09-2020 08:33 AM

Everybody around here either has a Ferris anymore or a Grasshopper.

Ferris is, according to several of my friends, the most comfortable riding mower ever produced.

The main reason so many have Grasshoppers is because my neighbors sells and services them.

htismaqe 10-09-2020 08:41 AM

My biggest issue with my zero turn is that the tires suck.

Make sure you get good, grabby tires. Otherwise, you're going to be doing a lot of useless donuts in your yard.

ChiefaRoo 10-09-2020 09:05 AM

Grasshopper mowers are top of the line and they’re made in Kansas.

seclark 10-09-2020 09:13 AM

this is my 4th summer on a cub cadet 48"
i mow 11acres w/it
kind of small, but the wife likes the grass mowed short:rolleyes:
takes 3-4 hours
keep the blades sharp and the oil changed...that's all i've had done to it

it's a mowing machine on the flat ground, but a pain in the ass on the ditches and the pond banks. don't really care about that though, because she weed eats those.
sec

edit to add i'll raise the deck all the way up to mow the trails in the woods to my deer stands/blinds...pretty handy for that too

htismaqe 10-09-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 15230517)
this is my 4th summer on a cub cadet 48"
i mow 11acres w/it
kind of small, but the wife likes the grass mowed short:rolleyes:
takes 3-4 hours
keep the blades sharp and the oil changed...that's all i've had done to it

it's a mowing machine on the flat ground, but a pain in the ass on the ditches and the pond banks. don't really care about that though, because she weed eats those.
sec

I hate my Cub Cadet. If I lived in the city with a regular yard, sure. But hills, banks, just about anything but flat and straight ground and it spins around like a kid on a kick board.

seclark 10-09-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15230525)
I hate my Cub Cadet. If I lived in the city with a regular yard, sure. But hills, banks, just about anything but flat and straight ground and it spins around like a kid on a kick board.

you're correct...had to put some different tires on it. at first it was worthless after a rain.
sec

emaw1979 10-09-2020 09:18 AM

I have a Toro Timecutter and have owned it for 3 years now. It's been fantastic. I bought the grass clipping bagger extension as well. Are there better? I'm sure but for 15,000 square feet it works.

The only downside is I didn't measure the gate to the backyard. It wouldn't fit so I had to build one on the other side of the fence.

Dayze 02-25-2021 12:24 PM

gettting very close to making a decision.

lawn tracter, I would go with the Cub Cadet XT2 42" with the Kawi twin in it.

ZT...i'm not sure which. Toro TC or Airen's XD 42

I still haven't made the decision on ZT or regular tractor. I live in the burbs, your standard lot; I think the lot is probably between 7-9k (WAG based on some rushed google maps measurements). Don't have any tress in the back, and only 2 in the font. no real obstacles to speak of. prefer fabricated decks and good power. FLat yard, no slopes.

my initial budget was like $1k...LMAO; but I've been out of the riding mower game for the better part of 15 years. I don't want to just get a cheap mower just because it's cheap. I'm the type that maintains and keeps for quite a while. I don't mind paying a little more for better quality/service.

TribalElder 02-25-2021 10:42 PM

I ended up pulling the trigger on a John Deere z525e for 2400 brand new at Lowe’s last nov/dec

0% for 2 years

Only regret is that I didn’t buy 2 at the time

Jan 1 they went back up to 3999

neech 02-25-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 15563840)
gettting very close to making a decision.

lawn tracter, I would go with the Cub Cadet XT2 42" with the Kawi twin in it.

ZT...i'm not sure which. Toro TC or Airen's XD 42

I haven't looked at the Cadets but I thought the Ariens oil filter wasn't very easy to get compared to other ZT's.

jdubya 02-26-2021 12:01 AM

https://media4.giphy.com/media/jDA2I0SAErR28/200.gif

Holladay 02-26-2021 01:28 AM

Quote:

I live in the burbs, your standard lot
Why do you need a riding mower? What is your storage space for a riding mower? If you don't have hills to deal with, I would go with a cheapy Walmart mower. Why spend the money on a Grasshopper?

Mowers are not a good investment.

Holladay 02-26-2021 01:30 AM

Quote:

I've been out of the riding mower game for the better part of 15 years.
It sounds like you know what you are doing. 15 years is nothing.