ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How do you think this draft class impacts this year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338158)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-04-2021 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15661077)
With the RG spot still in the air, I don't see Creed starting game 1 unless there's an injury. By the end of the season, yes. Bolton will see some limited action at the start and his progress will dictate how much more we see. Kaindoh will be a rotational piece as long as everyone else stays healthy. Gray will be the 3rd TE/H-back at the start of the season. His playing time will depend on how much he bulks up and if he can beat out Bell. Smith will be brought along slowly. Barring injury, his time is next year. Powell could be the wild card. A 5th year senior that didn't play much until his last year is suspect, but the guy has talents. The key for him will be how fast he can pick up the playbook.

Bolton will play. He was the highest ranked linebacker in all of college football over the past two seasons

gonefishin53 05-04-2021 06:23 AM

I think Andy has a unique role planned for Gray that will see him on the field a lot more than his draft position would indicate.

Dunerdr 05-04-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 15661160)
I think Andy has a unique role planned for Gray that will see him on the field a lot more than his draft position would indicate.

Ive been thinking about Gray a lot. Its likely going to be a unique role. I was trying to come up with what i would define as success for each of these guys year one. And Gray stumps me. Could be the Yelder 5 catches. Could be first year KILLATRAV.

Kiimo 05-04-2021 08:56 AM

The right guard spot is only up in the air because we have multiple qualified options.

Creed starts day 1

Dunerdr 05-04-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15661264)
The right guard spot is only up in the air because we have multiple qualified options.

Creed starts day 1

Long starts, ldt backs up, smith backs up, and wylie is traded. Calling it now.

BWillie 05-04-2021 09:47 AM

Creed is the biggest get. I'm really hoping that Clemson wide receiver who's 30 can be our #2 but not holding my breathe.

KChiefs1 05-04-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15661336)
Creed is the biggest get. I'm really hoping that Clemson wide receiver who's 30 can be our #2 but not holding my breathe.

I thought he was 35?

kcclone 05-04-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 15661160)

I think most of the time, the staff drafts for one year down the road. They tend to slow walk some of these guys, but Gay will be expected to jump in there full time this year.

I think Bolton will get time this year in order to acclimate, but I'm 90% sure they drafted him to take over for Hitch next season.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallymo (Post 15660028)
Bolton is a very different player than Gay. I love Gay, and think he will make a much bigger impact this year. His physical traits are ridiculous. But he got lost or washed out at times and didn't always hit what looked to be the correct holes.

Bolton is an instinctive, cerebral player. He's going to pick up the schemes quickly and I think he will see substantially more time than Gay did starting out.

This.

Gay was a raw, inexperienced physical specimen.

Bolton is an NFL-ready guy with a high football IQ that makes up for the lack of elite athleticism.

They're the perfect compliment to each other.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 15661343)
I think most of the time, the staff drafts for one year down the road. They tend to slow walk some of these guys, but Gay will be expected to jump in there full time this year.

I think Bolton will get time this year in order to acclimate, but I'm 90% sure they drafted him to take over for Hitch next season.

Yep. Totally agree.

htismaqe 05-04-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15660551)
Didn't someone already say he might start at WLB?...

No. They haven't said anything about where he'll play.

He may play some WLB this year but he's likely your MLBotF.

tyton75 05-04-2021 10:43 AM

If these guys get the regular rookie camps and preseason in St. Joe.. I think we see the following:
Creed starts
Bolton may not start, but he'll rotate in a lot on running downs.
Gray plays about 15% of the offensive snaps
Trey starts next year
Kaindoh is in the rotation a lot, but mostly on "unimportant" downs
Cornell eventually wins the X receiver spot but probably not initially

Kiimo 05-04-2021 10:56 AM

If all that happens it's another A draft for Veach.

I mean I personally believe it is already but just sayin for sure

The Franchise 05-04-2021 11:04 AM

With the NFL allowing opt outs again....what are the chances that LDT opts out again?

Mecca 05-04-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15661467)
With the NFL allowing opt outs again....what are the chances that LDT opts out again?

If anyone does it twice their career is probably toast.