ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Damar Hamlin updates, prayers and discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346824)

493rd 01-03-2023 07:14 AM

Let’s hope he didn’t suffer any brain damage from being out prior to being resuscitated. Thank God for expert medical care on the sidelines.

morphius 01-03-2023 07:22 AM

Praying for the dude, his family and his team. Difficult to watch, and glad the NFL did the right thing in cancelling the game relatively quickly.

I'm not going to speculate, but to tell people they can't is a bit odd as long as they stay well within reason. Humans are known from a young age to ponder "why?", it is our nature.

In58men 01-03-2023 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 16705574)
Let’s hope he didn’t suffer any brain damage from being out prior to being resuscitated. Thank God for expert medical care on the sidelines.

From what I learned in CPR training is brain damage starts at 4 minutes. CPR was reportedly given for 6-9 minutes. Just a horrific situation.

Monty 01-03-2023 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 16705550)
Even at 6:30 this morning, I would say any speculation is crap.

Except for:

He is alive and in critical condition.

Everything will be told, but this is not the time for anything else.

Of course it is, looking forward to an update.

Monty 01-03-2023 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 16705565)
My wife is one too. She said they 100% have saved his life for now. 9 minutes is an eternity though and… we need to pray for him

Yep, pray. :thumb:

Monticore 01-03-2023 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 16705581)
From what I learned in CPR training is brain damage starts at 4 minutes. CPR was reportedly given for 6-9 minutes. Just a horrific situation.

I would assume 4min is without oxygen, and CPR does help get some oxygen to the brain which was started quickly , not sure about how the length of CPR and how much o2 left in the bloodstream etc would affect prognosis but everyone can be different.

FlaChief58 01-03-2023 07:41 AM

Praying for him and his family. I can't imagine how hard that was for his mother to watch. Hopefully he can make a full recovery:grovel:

notorious 01-03-2023 08:01 AM

Give credit to the medical staff. That was a chaotic situation directly in front of 80,000 people, and millions watching at home.

Talk about performing under pressure. Anywhere and maybe anyone else and this would already be over. Kid has a chance thanks to them.

notorious 01-03-2023 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 16705593)
Praying for him and his family. I can't imagine how hard that was for his mother to watch. Hopefully he can make a full recovery:grovel:

I kept picturing my son dropping like that and all the chaos and uncertainty.

Horrifying.

DrunkBassGuitar 01-03-2023 08:03 AM

It's mentioned in the OP about how to do CPR, if you're not working from home, the Red Cross will come to your work and do first responder training and I believe it's a free service. I've done the training, it's good and thank god I've never had to use it.

https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class

Also you can take free first responder classes from the Red Cross and they go over things like choking, CPR and using an AED. My parents both did it when I was a kid because we had a pool, thank god my dad never had to do CPR on anyone since he popped the arms off the mannequin when he was practicing chest compressions.

Peter Gibbons 01-03-2023 08:04 AM

This has been just awful to watch unfold. Living in Cincinnati, I can tell you that the UC Hospital is the top trauma unit in the region so he should be getting the best care available. Hopefully this coupled with the fact that he received immediate medical treatment will allow him to pull through without any long term effects.

mr. tegu 01-03-2023 08:06 AM

Damar Hamlin updates, prayers and discussion thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 16705591)
I would assume 4min is without oxygen, and CPR does help get some oxygen to the brain which was started quickly , not sure about how the length of CPR and how much o2 left in the bloodstream etc would affect prognosis but everyone cable be different.

If good quality CPR was given as it probably was the length of 9 minutes CPR doesn’t really indicate anything other than they were trying to get him conscious and restore his heart rhythm and it doesn’t automatically mean he was suffering brain damage or will have any. They key is how long he was out before.

Him being in critical condition right now is not an indication of severity of the cardiac test either as it’s a designation given to anyone intubated and in the ICU.

Monticore 01-03-2023 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16705621)
If good quality CPR was given as it probably was the length of 9 minutes CPR doesn’t really indicate anything other than they were trying to get him conscious and it doesn’t automatically mean he was suffering brain damage or will have any. They key is how long he was out before.

Him being in critical condition right now is not an indication of severity of the cardiac test either as it’s a designation given to anyone intubated and in the ICU.

Yup

ChiefBlueCFC 01-03-2023 08:10 AM

I donated to his charity last night. I’m not sure if it’s been shared in here but in case it hasn’t:

https://gofund.me/01e78364

If you can or want to donate, that link should get you there.

smithandrew051 01-03-2023 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16705613)
I kept picturing my son dropping like that and all the chaos and uncertainty.

Horrifying.

Nothing changes your perspective on this type of situation more than having kids.