ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314951)

Coogs 04-22-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 13527378)
Every time I think this. I remember we have Mahomes, and I smile.

And we picked up Fuller, who is a proven NFL CB. Any drafted CB still has to prove his worth.

Tribal Warfare 04-22-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13527347)
If I could parlay a first in to 2 two's, I'd do it every time from here on out. The only reason to have a first has been addressed.
Unless you see some completely badass pass rusher or DB.

http://pac-12.com/videos/colorado-tr...lon-start-huge

If you honestly research KC's draft philosophy concerning player profiles Isaiah Oliver is the target if Veach is like Dorsey.

RustShack 04-22-2018 06:57 PM

Ideally a CB falls far enough for us to trade up without selling the farm. Same with a Safety falling to us in the third... assuming we didn’t have to trade both to trade up.

Tribal Warfare 04-22-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 13527411)
Ideally a CB falls far enough for us to trade up without selling the farm. Same with a Safety falling to us in the third... assuming we didn’t have to trade both to trade up.

As I stated , I'd rather trade down and attain more picks this year and next.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-22-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 13527394)
And we picked up Fuller, who is a proven NFL CB. Any drafted CB still has to prove his worth.

The Fuller pickup was the absolute best situation you could ask for considering that we were done with Peters. Veach is a ****ing FA stud. Let's hope his drafts achieve the same raging boner of steel!

SAUTO 04-22-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13527436)
The Fuller pickup was the absolute best situation you could ask for considering that we were done with Peters. Veach is a ****ing FA stud. Let's hope his drafts achieve the same raging boner of steel!

Wanna know another reason we know you aren't a chiefs fan?

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-22-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13527439)
Wanna know another reason we know you aren't a chiefs fan?

Wanna know why you're a slightly bothersome ****face who should spend more time under a faulty lift?

SAUTO 04-22-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13527441)
Wanna know why you're a slightly bothersome ****face who should spend more time under a faulty lift?

don't hate when someone is right

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-22-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13527442)
don't hate when someone is right

There's a first time for everything. Unfortunately for you, this isn't it.

RustShack 04-22-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527417)

I’d rather trade up and fill our biggest hole with a starting caliber CB.

SAUTO 04-22-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13527443)
There's a first time for everything. Unfortunately for you, this isn't it.

Fuller wasn't a free agent

Bewbies 04-22-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527336)
Having a first this year would be nice...

We have Mahomes. He’s worth more than that 1 we don’t have this year ever could be.

Tribal Warfare 04-22-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13527450)
We have Mahomes. He’s worth more than that 1 we don’t have this year ever could be.

This

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-22-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13527447)
Fuller wasn't a free agent

Technicalities are a minor talking point. Fuller was acquired from Washington when the Predecessor to Greatness was shipped off.
Whether he was a free agent, double agent, or bum in a cardboard box is meaningless.
I'm high on Chiefs football right now; get a new hobby.

BossChief 04-22-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

We also don’t have Peters, so I’d prefer using this years trade compensation this year.

Mother****erJones 04-22-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Bingo

But if KC could somehow parlay that Rams 2019 2nd round with a 3rd this year to get into the top of round 2, that’s great. Doubtful, but would be nice. Going to have to use 54 to move up though.

KChiefs1 04-22-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 13527444)
I’d rather trade up and fill our biggest hole with a starting caliber CB.

If we have to trade up to get Isaiah Oliver or Carlton Davis or both I’d do it.

RealSNR 04-23-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527417)

That's because you're a ****ing idiot.

BossChief 04-23-2018 06:16 AM

If we can come out of this draft with 2 good CBS that will be high quality starters and a safety to pair with Berry with only using next years 2 and this years picks...the draft is a homerun.

Opposing teams are going to need to score a lot and we really don’t have any corners besides Fuller.

Nelson and Amerson should be depth guys imo.

Buckweath 04-23-2018 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527661)
If we can come out of this draft with 2 good CBS that will be high quality starters and a safety to pair with Berry with only using next years 2 and this years picks...the draft is a homerun.

Opposing teams are going to need to score a lot and we really don’t have any corners besides Fuller.

Nelson and Amerson should be depth guys imo.

Nelson is a fine #3CB or slot CB.

Amerson is just an unknown so I agree he should be considered depth.

You are very unlikely to get two high quality starter CBs from the draft, especially if you are thinking about this year. IMO, you just need one and then maybe a lower pick.

I fully expect Veach to draft a DL no later than the 3rd round.

RealSNR 04-23-2018 07:28 AM

Amerson is an unknown AND he's only here for one season. I don't know what Veach is planning if he's not going to hunt for a CB or two with our first couple of picks

Mother****erJones 04-23-2018 07:34 AM

Amerson is good one year and bad the next. That’s what he’s been lately. I’m hoping he has a good year and signs a big deal elsewhere and KC gets the comp pick. I don’t trust him to pay him.

Chiefs Moon 04-23-2018 07:45 AM

I will be shocked if Veach doesn't secure a starter with his first pick no matter where it is. He won't sit back and take the best player left on the board.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13527654)
That's because you're a ****ing idiot.

groovy, I still believe we need to load up next picks next season.

we got our QB at the expense of the 2018 draft. Thus, time to think of next year and not be ass****ed again to maneuver. The 2019 is ideal to sit back, and wait to cast in offers for more draft capital or trade up.

We have the QB finally don't ruin the future with short sighted bullshit.

RunKC 04-23-2018 09:12 AM

Interesting notes from the MMQB by Peter King:

Quote:

2. Philadelphia—Connor Williams, G-T, Texas

But I think the Eagles are much more likely to deal this pick; I just don’t know to whom.They’re seeking a trade—that I can tell you. Philadelphia has no pick in rounds two or three, and the Eagles don’t pick until the end of round four. So as of now, they go from 33 to 129 without a pick. That’s why they’ll be trying to deal all night Thursday. If they stick … The Eagles have a 35-year-old left tackle, Jason Peters, coming off major injury, and starting guards (Stefan Wisniewski and Brandon Brooks) who will be 29 this season. Connor’s the perfect pick for them, in the unlikely event they stick.
Quote:

There will be some trades in this draft that might seem one-sided. Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (four), Indianapolis (six), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). “This is not your typical draft,” said one veteran club official Sunday. “The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds.”
A trade with Philly makes too much sense seeing as how Veach used to work with everyone there. 2nd, first 3rd and a 6th sounds fair to me.

O.city 04-23-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527712)

we got our QB at the expense of the 2018 draft. Thus, time to think of next year and not be ass****ed again to maneuver. The 2019 is ideal to sit back, and wait to cast in offers for more draft capital or trade up.

You've gotta be aggressive while you've got the QB on a cheap deal. They've already burned one year of it with Mahomes sitting, but that's gonna be ideal in the long run, so it had to be done.

But they can't sit on their hands.

O.city 04-23-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13527757)
Interesting notes from the MMQB by Peter King:

A trade with Philly makes too much sense seeing as how Veach used to work with everyone there. 2nd, first 3rd and a 6th sounds fair to me.

I'd just sit in those rounds in that case and keep our picks.

5 picks in rounds 2,3,4 currently.

Just go from there.

BossChief 04-23-2018 09:27 AM

I’m not packaging a ton of this years picks to move up, but I’d love to move this and next years 2s to get the 31 or 32 pick.

If Josh Jackson is there in the mid 20s, I’d throw in an extra pick to get high enough to take him.

Shag 04-23-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Giving up their first rounder is sacrificing the entire draft?

BossChief 04-23-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13527762)
You've gotta be aggressive while you've got the QB on a cheap deal. They've already burned one year of it with Mahomes sitting, but that's gonna be ideal in the long run, so it had to be done.

But they can't sit on their hands.

Exactly.

If this team is going to legitimately compete for titles in the next few years, now is the time to load up on top end talent in the draft and get some more impact guys and get them into the system ASAP. Coach them up and this team will win a title in 2019-2022.

Like I said, I’m not trading a bunch of picks this year ...and next years first is untouchable...but IMO everything else is on the table to load up this year.

This draft is too good and especially in the positions we really need.

RunKC 04-23-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13527765)

Just go from there.

It seems that Veach really views corner as a big deficiency and from what we know, there are around 6 corners that make an impact day 1 and after that will be a big drop to tier 2.

I would trade down from pick 86 to try to pick up either another 4th or a 5th. Just seems like there is going to be a plethora of good players in rd 3 and 4 this year.

BossChief 04-23-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

I always HATE this mindset. **** trading down to get a bunch of meh players.

Go get impact guys.

If you want meh players, you can always get those for close to league minimum in FA.

You know what you can’t get in FA?

Cost controlled impact players that are 21-22 years old.

BossChief 04-23-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13527782)
It seems that Veach really views corner as a big deficiency and from what we know, there are around 6 corners that make an impact day 1 and after that will be a big drop to tier 2.

I would trade down from pick 86 to try to pick up either another 4th or a 5th. Just seems like there is going to be a plethora of good players in rd 3 and 4 this year.

of course he does.

Peters was traded
They tried to trade Nelson
Gaines is gone
Mitchell is gone
Acker is gone

**** moving down from 54.

This class has difference making CBs on cost controlled rookie deals.

Get 2.

Move next years 2 and one of this years 3s to get up to the early to mid 2nd and take a CB and then take another one at 54...or a safety.

Gotta take advantage of the drafts skill depth at certain positions...what Veach called “pockets”.

O.city 04-23-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13527782)

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'd really like to add a legit corner from this class so I guess I can hold my nose at the trade up.

But after round 4, I don't really care about those picks. Sure, they have had some success there, but the chances are just so slim.

RunKC 04-23-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527788)
of course he does.

Peters was traded
They tried to trade Nelson
Gaines is gone
Mitchell is gone
Acker is gone

**** moving down from 54.

This class has difference making CBs on cost controlled rookie deals.

Get 2.

Move next years 2 and one of this years 3s to get up to the early to mid 2nd and take a CB and then take another one at 54...or a safety.

Gotta take advantage of the drafts skill depth at certain positions...what Veach called “pockets”.

I think you misunderstood my plan. Here it is:

Trade our 2nd, first 3rd (78) and a 6th to move up for a corner. Then try to trade down from our remaining 3rd (86) to hopefully get another 4th.

Ideally that would give us a 1st rd corner to start day 1 and 4 picks in the 90-128 range.

O.city 04-23-2018 09:53 AM

I don't see how they can not have to give up 54 to go up any. A team isn't gonna wanna drop that far.

BossChief 04-23-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13527796)

Trade our 2nd, first 3rd (78) and a 6th to move up for a corner. Then try to trade down from our remaining 3rd (86) to hopefully get another 4th.

Ideally that would give us a 1st rd corner to start day 1 and 4 picks in the 90-128 range.

I’d much rather trade up from our first 3 picks using next years 2 and some late rounders. I’m just not a fan of moving down in the draft. It very rarely works for the team trading down.

Use next years 2 and 54 this year to move up to 31/32
Use pick 78 and 196 to move up a few spots, if needed.
Use pick 86 and next years original second rounder to move up to the first 8-10 picks in the second and recoup a 4 this year.

That nets us:

A late first this year
An early second this year
A mid third this year
2 4ths
2 7ths

That gets us huge haul of talent this year and still leaves a 1,3, 5, 6 and 7 next year...

That’s my “best case scenario”

BossChief 04-23-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13527796)

I get it. I just don’t want to use this years third(s) to move up from 54.

I bet NE would take this and next years 2s to give up 31.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527784)

Go get impact guys.

If you want meh players, you can always get those for close to league minimum in FA.

Meh players? We also need depth, we were ****ed when Berry went down and Parker is gone too.

KC needs passrushers which will be remedied next 2019 draft season with enough ammunition.

We're going to have the same discussion with those who have revisionist memory in 2019

TEX 04-23-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527815)
I’d much rather trade up from our first 3 picks using next years 2 and some late rounders. I’m just not a fan of moving down in the draft. It very rarely works for the team trading down.

Use pick 86 and next years original second rounder to move up to the first 8-10 picks in the second and recoup a 4 this year.

That nets us:

A late first this year
A mid third this year
2 4ths
2 7ths

That gets us huge haul of talent this year and still leaves a 1,3, 5, 6 and 7 next year...

:thumb: I'm in!

BossChief 04-23-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527815)

That nets us:

A late first this year
A mid third this year
2 4ths
2 7ths

We would actually have 3 fourth rounders in this scenario.

BossChief 04-23-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527822)
Meh players? We also need depth, we were ****ed when Berry went down and Parker is gone too.

KC needs passrushers which will be remedied next 2019 draft season with enough ammunition.

We're going to have the same discussion with those who have revisionist memory in 2019

Drafting starters improves the depth.

Especially if we identify and draft impact starters.

Veach is one of the best in the business at identifying talent...and he is itching to move up in the draft. He said in every scenario they played out, he wanted to move up.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527836)
Drafting starters improves the depth.

Especially if we identify and draft impact starters.

Veach is one of the best in the business at identifying talent...and he is itching to move up in the draft. He said in every scenario they played out, he wanted to move up.

He also said his scouts may reign him in if the value can be acquired.

You got to ask yourself is it more important to sacrifice picks today for a solid starter even if you trade up or go for it all if an elite player is available the next draft

KChiefs1 04-23-2018 10:30 AM

I didn’t trade up & ended up with this haul via the https://first-pick.com/Default.aspx website.

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 22: Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado

Round 3 Pick 14: Gaulden, Rashaan, FS, Tennessee

Round 3 Pick 22: Teller, Wyatt, OG, Virginia Tech

Round 4 Pick 22: Harris, Davontae, CB, Illinois State

Round 4 Pick 24: Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest

Round 6 Pick 25 (TENN): Ford, Poona, DT, Texas

Round 7 Pick 7 (MINN): Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech

Round 7 Pick 9 (S.F.): Jacobs, Leon, OLB, Wisconsin

Round 7 Pick 15: Jackson, JC, CB, Maryland

Round 7 Pick 22 (S.F.): Atkins, John, DT, Georgia

Round 7 Pick 25: Hassenauer, JC, C, Alabama

BossChief 04-23-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527837)

He said this years draft is very strong.

That’s why I’m suggesting moving picks from next year to move up this year.

Strike while the iron is hot

Load up the secondary in the strongest secondary draft in a long time so when teams try to keep up with our scoring offense, they need to do so against premier cover guys.

That investment would pay dividends for the next 4-8 years.

Teams are going to throw a lot and we don’t have enough safeties and corners...and this is a great S/CB draft.

**** passing on that to load up for “next year.”

THIS IS NEXT YEAR.

O.city 04-23-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

You got to ask yourself is it more important to sacrifice picks today for a solid starter even if you trade up or go for it all if an elite player is available the next draft

Are the picks they use to trade up this year likely to yield an elite prospect next year?

They won't use next years first and will still have a second next year plus the Rams 2nd.

I'd prefer not to use it, but if they feel it can net them a starting outside corner with high upside, go for it.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527842)

**** passing on that to load up for “next year.”

THIS IS NEXT YEAR.

If this year is strong it is more ideal to have more selections.

You'll say the same BS next year too with said revisionist memory.

BossChief 04-23-2018 10:38 AM

I can’t put into words how foolish I think it is to always have the mentality to trade down in the draft because the “elite guys are in next years draft”

It makes my skin crawl.

There are elite players at positions of need for us IN THIS DRAFT.

We have a cost controlled QB with elite potential.

Load up the roster right now.

O.city 04-23-2018 10:38 AM

More selections in the 4th round though, who gives a shit?

The difference in a 4/5 rounder and an UDFA is what, a few percent?

Shag 04-23-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

What does that even mean?? You have no idea when you'll pick, or who will be available next year. There's a reason why next years picks are devalued a full round vs current year picks - you have no idea what those picks will look like, or who might be available.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13527851)
More selections in the 4th round though, who gives a shit?

The difference in a 4/5 rounder and an UDFA is what, a few percent?

trade for a solid CB this season or an elite passrusher next season with more picks to spend that was aggregated from this draft.

and the other comment about extra picks

Tyreek, Bro

Tyreek

BossChief 04-23-2018 10:43 AM

Why would anyone advocate pushing picks to next year when this draft is loaded?

Even in a vacuum that’s not smart...when you factor in having a Mahomes on a rookie deal and the defensive talent in this draft, it’s straight up silly to even suggest passing on this years talent to bank on “next year”.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527860)
Why would anyone advocate pushing picks to next year when this draft is loaded?

Even in a vacuum that’s not smart...when you factor in having a Mahomes on a rookie deal and the defensive talent in this draft, it’s straight up silly to even suggest passing on this years talent to bank on “next year”.

LOL, we'll have the exact discussion about being aggressive, but we won't have the capital to use because of the expenditure we used in 2018

Shag 04-23-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527859)
trade for a solid CB this season or an elite passrusher next season with more picks to spend that was aggregated from this draft.

Tyreek, Bro

Tyreek

ROFL

If Tyreek is your reasoning, you're out of your mind. He had major character concerns, causing him to drop dramatically. Finding a gem late is very rare occurrence. One outlier does not reset the norm.

You're like the people who say drafting a QB high is a waste, because Brady was a 6th rounder.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 13527871)
ROFL

If Tyreek is your reasoning, you're out of your mind. He had major character concerns, causing him to drop dramatically. Finding a gem late is very rare occurrence. One outlier does not reset the norm.

You're like the people who say drafting a QB high is a waste, because Brady was a 6th rounder!

He asked I provided an answer, with the same FO practically intact

O.city 04-23-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Tyreek, Bro

Tyreek

Where will this elite pass rusher be found next year? The 2nd round? Elite pass rushing prospects make it to the 2nd round?

O.city 04-23-2018 10:51 AM

And yeah, Tyreek is in that small ass percent.

4/5th rounders and laters have about the same hit percent as an UDFA.

The overvaluation of draft picks is amazing.

O.city 04-23-2018 10:52 AM

Even if you move the Rams pick from next year to move up for this year, you still have a full draft of picks next year.

I don't really understand what we're missing here?

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13527876)
Where will this elite pass rusher be found next year? The 2nd round? Elite pass rushing prospects make it to the 2nd round?

with a 1st at our disposal we could angle for a top 10 pick again.

Chris Jones is in that 2nd round elite category and was projected as a top 10 pick if stayed for another year

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13527879)
And yeah, Tyreek is in that small ass percent.

4/5th rounders and laters have about the same hit percent as an UDFA.

The overvaluation of draft picks is amazing.

you asked

BossChief 04-23-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527869)
LOL, we'll have the exact discussion about being aggressive, but we won't have the capital to use because of the expenditure we used in 2018

Lol

Yeah lots of people are bitching about having Mahomes and Hunt because we traded up last year...it’s put us is such a bad spot.

We should have stayed out of the draft day trade market, traded down and taken Reuben Foster and then CJ Beatherd in the third.

RunKC 04-23-2018 10:56 AM

Mahomes contract won’t make a difference at all if this team continues drafting like it has.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527889)
Lol

Yeah lots of people are bitching about having Mahomes and Hunt because we traded up last year...it’s put us is such a bad spot.

We should have stayed out of the draft day trade market, traded down and taken Reuben Foster and then CJ Beatherd in the third.

Dude SSDD, next season as always.

O.city 04-23-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527884)
with a 1st at our disposal we could angle for a top 10 pick again.

Chris Jones is in that 2nd round elite category and was projected as a top 10 pick if stayed for another year

We will still have a first?

Are you stating they're gonna use next years first to trade up this year?

O.city 04-23-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527885)
you asked

And it's still stupid.

It's basic statistics.

Buckweath 04-23-2018 11:00 AM

I am all for Veach being agressive in this upcoming draft. I just would not like if he traded next year's first but other than that, just do what's needed to grab good players who will contribute early.

I feel like this defense is underrated going into next year. You draft a top CB and a DL and safety who can be decent next year and I think this defense could be a top 10 unit.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13527894)

go for a Passrusher next season.

O.city 04-23-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527913)

Ok, they can, but they can use their first rounder on it.

Do you think they will trade next years first to move up this year?

Shag 04-23-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13527913)

Which passrusher? At what spot in the draft will he be available?

KC should end up picking in the back third of the first round next season, if things go at all as people expect. Let's pick 22 as a conservative estimate. To get to 10, you give up your 1, 2, and 3. No truly elite passrusher is going to last until 10, so who exactly are you drafting?

Buckweath 04-23-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13527917)
Ok, they can, but they can use their first rounder on it.

Do you think they will trade next years first to move up this year?

You just don't trade a future 1st round pick for anything else than a QB prospect IMO.

BossChief 04-23-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13527894)

Which, literally, nobody is advocating to do.

I’d have no problem moving both of next years 2s, though if it allows us to add impact guys to the 2018 roster.

This team could possibly add Josh Jackson, Isiah Oliver, Deshon Elliot/Nwusu...and then have 3 4ths and 3 late rounders to fill other spots with at C/G/DL.

That would help the defense immensely in trying to stop opposing passing attacks which is exactly what the 2018 (and beyond) Chiefs are going to need to win big games.

Think about the playoffs.

If we don’t field 3-4 GOOD CBs, teams like Houston, NE, Pittsburgh and LA are going to be impossible to stop unless we take the opportunity to make this a championship level secondary.

I’m not interested in another 2001-2005 Chiefs run.

I want a title.

I want Lamar Hunts trophy in the case at Arrowhead.

I was a SuperBowl trophy in that case.

O.city 04-23-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13527922)
You just don't trade a future 1st round pick for anything else than a QB prospect IMO.

For sure. And the Chiefs aren't going to.

Which is why I'm not sure what Tribal is talking about.

They'll have a first rounder and a second rounder in next years draft for sure. They make trade the Rams 2nd.I dunno.

But they'll obviously have some picks in round 1 and 2 next year.

Rausch 04-23-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527784)

Go get impact guys.

Hill, Kelcee, Hunt, Houston, and Doc Tardiff were all taken after the 2nd round.

The problem isn't the round it's the talent evaluation...

Edit: Houston was a 2nd round pick...

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 13527918)
Which passrusher? At what spot in the draft will he be available?

KC should end up picking in the back third of the first round next season, if things go at all as people expect. Let's pick 22 as a conservative estimate. To get to 10, you give up your 1, 2, and 3. No truly elite passrusher is going to last until 10, so who exactly are you drafting?

Rashan Gary the kid is in the Justin Houston mold, a top 10 to 15 pick due to his raw athletic ability.

BossChief 04-23-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13527931)
Hill, Kelcee, Hunt, Houston, and Doc Tardiff were all taken after the 2nd round.

I think I might be getting misunderstood here.

I’m not interested in trading a bunch of picks this year to move up.

I’m interested in moving the Peters pick to move up as well as the other 2 or 3 from next year to do so because of the value we would be getting for those picks this year as opposed to next.

Rausch 04-23-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527941)
I think I might be getting misunderstood here.

I’m not interested in trading a bunch of picks this year to move up.

I’m interested in moving the Peters pick to move up as well as the other 2 or 3 from next year to do so because of the value we would be getting for those picks this year as opposed to next.

Ok, now that's an argument I can at least respect. I can't argue if next year's talent is better or worse than this year since I really haven't followed the college game for the last 2 to 3 years. Now I mostly wait until pre-combine and start watching youtube highlights of top prospects and positions of need (this year would be G, CB, NT/DT, etc.)

I guess for me it depends on the situation. If a clear top 10 talent falls to pick 20 then yes, it might be time to move. If a top 15 player falls to 28 the same.

So I guess I'm saying if it's a person we have rated much higher than the current position AND we get a fair trade do it...

SAUTO 04-23-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13527765)

Just go from there.

Exactly

SAUTO 04-23-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Tyreek, Bro

Tyreek

You're a ****ing idiot.

Rausch 04-23-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13527962)
Exactly

That would be my preference as well. We can add good talent in rounds 2-4 and avoid the big 1st round contracts at the same time...

SAUTO 04-23-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13527931)

Edit: Houston was a 2nd round pick...

Iirc Houston was a 3rd