ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ESPN Playoff Machine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335203)

RaidersOftheCellar 12-22-2020 12:01 AM

I think there’s a good chance we’ll face the Colts.

tk13 12-22-2020 12:27 AM

I will say they picked a good year to go to 7 teams. That won't hold every year though. If this was the old system, this might be the most brutal year to make the AFC playoffs ever. I didn't realize there were already six teams with 10 wins.

It's possible one of these teams goes 11-5 and misses the playoffs. I don't think that's ever happened before, even in the old system.

-King- 12-22-2020 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 15416906)
I will say they picked a good year to go to 7 teams. That won't hold every year though. If this was the old system, this might be the most brutal year to make the AFC playoffs ever. I didn't realize there were already six teams with 10 wins.

Even with these expanded playoffs it's possible one of these teams goes 11-5 and misses the playoffs. I don't think that's ever happened before, even in the old system.

Cassels Patriots missed the playoffs at 11-5

tk13 12-22-2020 12:43 AM

Actually, just playing around with this playoff machine, it's not hard to come up with a wild week 17 in a bunch of different ways if this machine is right.

Especially if the Colts take down the Steelers next week. The Titans split their last two, Dolphins and Ravens win out.

You'd set up week 17 Browns/Steelers where if the Browns win they'd be the 2 or 3 seed. Or... if they lose, they finish 11-5 and out of the playoffs. That would be the most Cleveland Browns thing of all time.

Megatron96 12-22-2020 12:53 AM

According to ESPN just now, A Chiefs win vs. ATL or a PIT loss to IND and KC clinches the 1-seed.

KC_Connection 12-22-2020 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15416925)
According to ESPN just now, A Chiefs win vs. ATL or a PIT loss to IND and KC clinches the 1-seed.

Bills loss would do it too. Chiefs have tiebreaker vs Pitt alone on common games.

KC_Connection 12-22-2020 01:50 AM

Chiefs would also clinch next week with wins by the Saints over the Vikings, Ravens over the Giants, Bucs over the Lions, no tie in the Chargers/Broncos game, no tie in the Raiders/Dolphins game, Panthers over WFT, and the Texans over the Bengals. There are a few other similar combinations it seems.

mnchiefsguy 12-22-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 15416906)

It's possible one of these teams goes 11-5 and misses the playoffs. I don't think that's ever happened before, even in the old system.

Pats were 11-5 the year Cassel replaced Brady.

Elway's Broncos went 11-5 in the mid 80's and missed the playoffs.

I think those are the only 2 at 11-5. There have been a handful of 10-6, including the Chiefs in Vermeils last year that have missed as well.

New World Order 12-22-2020 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15416873)
I think there’s a good chance we’ll face the Colts.

Agreed

I think we play Indy second round

Halfcan 12-22-2020 02:11 AM

Remember when the Chiefs rolled the Falcons for 8 TD's- 4 by Priest and 4 by LJ?

I think we might see something like that this weekend. 2 Hill, 2 Kelce, 1 Bell, 1 Hardman, 1 Mahomes rushing, 1 Ryan Pick 6

I think we are going to absolutely stomp the Falcons in the dust and play our most complete game in all three phases this weekend.

#1 Seed Clinched!

Danguardace 12-22-2020 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 15416782)
Merry Christmas to us

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If the Saints beat the Vikings on Christmas, the Chiefs clinch the No. 1 seed (via strength of victory)</p>&mdash; Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1341246299048435713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The broadcaster said in the game last night the Bills have a 0.1% Chance of getting the 1 seed. It must require a incredible convergence of circumstances for them.

ChiefsFanatic 12-22-2020 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15416976)
Remember when the Chiefs rolled the Falcons for 8 TD's- 4 by Priest and 4 by LJ?

I think we might see something like that this weekend. 2 Hill, 2 Kelce, 1 Bell, 1 Hardman, 1 Mahomes rushing, 1 Ryan Pick 6

I think we are going to absolutely stomp the Falcons in the dust and play our most complete game in all three phases this weekend.

#1 Seed Clinched!

It was Blaylock not LJ.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Red Dawg 12-22-2020 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15416925)

Pitt loss or win won't matter if we beat Atl. We would have better record no matter what.

Coogs 12-22-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 15417269)
Pitt loss or win won't matter if we beat Atl. We would have better record no matter what.

Not trying to be an ass, but that's why it says "OR".

Dartgod 12-22-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15416976)

Nope

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 15417157)
It was Blaylock not LJ.

Yep, Derrick Blaylock.

O.city 12-22-2020 08:31 AM

I'd say lets beat the Falcons, roll the starters out for a half vs the Chargers like the normal 3rd preseason game, then go from there.

Coogs 12-22-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15417315)
I'd say lets beat the Falcons, roll the starters out for a half vs the Chargers like the normal 3rd preseason game, then go from there.

I like this.

BigRedChief 12-22-2020 08:45 AM

This stupid tracker was wrong for hours last night after Pitt lost. It kept telling people we have the bye locked up. Its useless in real time.

BigRedChief 12-22-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15417315)

We need to beat the Falcons.

Then..... sit Mahomes. That hit he took because of our O-line could have sunk our season.

Hasn't Andy done it both ways, sit starters and played starters, when he's had the bye?

Danguardace 12-22-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 15417269)

I think its to do with avoiding the 3 way tie which is the only way Chiefs can be ousted from the #1 seed

O.city 12-22-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15417345)
We need to beat the Falcons.

Then..... sit Mahomes. That hit he took because of our O-line could have sunk our season.

Hasn't Andy done it both ways, sit starters and played starters, when he's had the bye?

You can play everyone without putting anyone in harms way.

Anyone with a nagging injury can sit for 2 weeks. Run it alot, etc.

DaFace 12-22-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15417334)
This stupid tracker was wrong for hours last night after Pitt lost. It kept telling people we have the bye locked up. Its useless in real time.

Seemed fine to me. I think people just don't understand how to use it. It makes assumptions about every game unless you specifically pick winners, so people think that the results are locked in. That gets iffy when there are a dozen different games that matter for tiebreakers.

BigRedChief 12-22-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15417355)

That means sitting Fisher. Making our O-Line worse. So you put Mahomes back with an even worse line back there since he doesn't have a nagging injury?

You dont need Mahomes to stay in shape to handoff to a RB in week 17.

htismaqe 12-22-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15417355)

Exactly.

htismaqe 12-22-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15417366)
That means sitting Fisher. Making our O-Line worse. So you put Mahomes back with an even worse line back there since he doesn't have a nagging injury?

I'm not sitting a healthy starter for 2 full weeks for any reason.

BigRedChief 12-22-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15417363)
Seemed fine to me. I think people just don't understand how to use it. It makes assumptions about every game unless you specifically pick winners, so people think that the results are locked in. That gets iffy when there are a dozen different games that matter for tiebreakers.

Wellll then, there certainty was a lot of user error last night. Idiots. :shake:

O.city 12-22-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15417366)

You dont need Mahomes to stay in shape to handoff to a RB in week 17.

Rpo, quick game, etc.

Gravedigger 12-22-2020 09:14 AM

A let down is always possible in our first playoff game, but this team has showcased why it can come back no matter what the odds. I'd say sit your starters if you beat the Falcons for 2 weeks to be absolutely sure you don't get one of your stars injured. All it takes is one play, and I would rather lose our first playoff game with all of our guys healthy and ready to go, than to lose it because we shouldn't have played Travis/Tyreek/Sammy/Leveon/Patrick. Andy will have never heard the end of it if one of them gets injured, or even any member of our already depleted offensive line. Take the rest, believe in Mahomes and this team's ability that even if they come out and play shitty for a half, or even three quarters, in that first playoff game against the Titans/Browns/whoever, that they'll come back. We need to start believing we are better than the stigmas and superstitions of the last 50 years before the Superbowl LIV.

BigRedChief 12-22-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15417370)
I'm not sitting a healthy starter for 2 full weeks for any reason.

Yeah, I agree that seems to be too long. But.... I'd rather have a rusty Mahomes than see him get sandwiched like he did Sunday by that SD D-line. He goes down, so does our SB hopes.

I know every single play, it could happen. But, its all relative.

Getting injured in a game that doesn't matter that takes away our great chance to win a SB would be a ****ing tragedy.

You have seen Mahomes take more risks on getting hit in the playoffs. And thats okay. It's all a risk/reward equation. He's pretty good at that equation too.

KChiefs1 12-22-2020 10:05 AM

The Buffalo Bills can clinch the 2nd seed next Monday with a win & a Pittsburgh Steelers loss to the Indianapolis Colts & a Tennessee Titans loss to the Green Bay Packers.

That's happening.

1. Chiefs - bye

2. Bills
3. Browns
4. Colts
5. Titans
6. Steelers
7. Dolphins

7)Dolphins @ 2)Bills
6)Steelers @ 3)Browns
5)Titans @ 4)Colts

3 wildcard games vs divisional opponents.

Has that ever happened before?

KChiefs1 12-22-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15416970)
Agreed

I think we play Indy second round

If they can beat the Titans at home.

ThaVirus 12-22-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15417503)
The Buffalo Bills can clinch the 2nd seed next Monday with a win & a Pittsburgh Steelers loss to the Indianapolis Colts & a Tennessee Titans loss to the Green Bay Packers.

That's happening.

1. Chiefs - bye

2. Bills
3. Browns
4. Colts
5. Titans
6. Steelers
7. Dolphins

7)Dolphins @ 2)Bills
6)Steelers @ 3)Browns
5)Titans @ 4)Colts

If I'm not mistaken, the Browns play the Steelers and the Bills play the Dolphins in week 17 so two of those Wild Card matchups would literally be back-to-back rematches. That would be weird.

KChiefs1 12-22-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15417515)
If I'm not mistaken, the Browns play the Steelers and the Bills play the Dolphins in week 17 so two of those Wild Card matchups would literally be back-to-back rematches. That would be weird.

The Chiefs/Raiders did that in 1991 I think.

ThaVirus 12-22-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15417526)

I'm down for it. Seems like it could be pretty chaotic.

RINGLEADER 12-22-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15417526)

First two Chiefs games I ever attended.

We won both — last week determined where they played the next week in the wild card. May have been the last game Todd Marinovich played?

New World Order 12-22-2020 10:39 AM

If Indy beats Pitt, Miami beats Raiders and Buff beats NE then Buff can screw the Ravens over.

Buff would have the 2 seed locked up and could rest their starters in week 17 (vs Mia), allowing Miami to get in over the Ravens.

RINGLEADER 12-22-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 15417038)
The broadcaster said in the game last night the Bills have a 0.1% Chance of getting the 1 seed. It must require a incredible convergence of circumstances for them.

The following teams have to win in the next two weeks for the Bills to get the bye:

Bills win last two versus Patriots and Dolphins then...

In week 16 the following teams win: Vikings Lions Raiders Giants Bengals Falcons Steelers Browns Washington Chargers

and

In week 17 the following teams win: Bengals Steelers Titans Chargers Patriots Falcons Raiders

It isn’t happening.

Regardless of what happens with the Chiefs the pathway for either the Bills or Steelers to get the bye is nearly impossible. It’s over. Path to the Super Bowl runs through Arrowhead.

KChiefs1 12-22-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15417593)
If Indy beats Pitt, Miami beats Raiders and Buff beats NE then Buff can screw the Ravens over.

Buff would have the 2 seed locked up and could rest their starters in week 17 (vs Mia), allowing Miami to get in over the Ravens.

That’s exactly what I think happens.

ptlyon 12-22-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 15417589)
First two Chiefs games I ever attended.

We won both — last week determined where they played the next week in the wild card. May have been the last game Todd Marinovich played?

Toad started the MNF game in 92 the next year. My 2nd Chiefs game and first MNF game.

We smashed them 27-7 and the crowd was walking down the ramps chanting "Oh and 4! Oh and 4!" because that was their record after we beat them that night.

DTVietnam 12-22-2020 10:57 AM

this is so confusing:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ep2rlBDX...pg&name=medium

i think #4 for Chiefs depends on some random teams winning making the steelers or Bill Strength of Victory better

so we want all the teams that we beat besides the bills that we have played this year to win

and the teams the bills/Steelers beat to lose out

im too lazy to go through all 3 teams victories to see who we are rooting for

ok **** it......If Im doing this right we want all the below teams to lose

Steelers wins:
Giants
Broncos
Texans
Eagles
Browns
Titans
Ravens
Cowboys
Bengals
Jaguars

Bills Wins:
Jets
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Pats
Seahawks
Chargers
49ers
Broncos

KChiefs1 12-22-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTVietnam (Post 15417628)
this is so confusing:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ep2rlBDX...pg&name=medium

i think #4 for Chiefs depends on some random teams winning making the steelers or Bill Strength of Victory better

so we want all the teams that we beat besides the bills that we have played this year to win

and the teams the bills/Steelers beat to lose out

im too lazy to go through all 3 teams victories to see who we are rooting for

I know we want the Saints to beat the Vikings & I assume we want the Buccaneers to beat the Lions & the Texans to beat the Bengals.

I think if those 3 things happen...the Chiefs get the bye.

DaFace 12-22-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15417641)
I know we want the Saints to beat the Vikings & I assume we want the Buccaneers to beat the Lions & the Texans to beat the Bengals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15416512)
To update this:

Any win by the Chiefs or loss by either the Steelers or Bills now clinches the bye. In the unlikely event that all three teams end up at 13-3, though, it comes down to the strength of victory tiebreaker. We're currently about 70% likely to win such a tiebreaker, so while we technically haven't clinched, it's damn close.

But just in case you want a rooting guide for the Strength of Victory tiebreaker, here are the various games that will help our chances.

Week 16:
-Saints over Vikings
-Bucs over Lions
-Texans over Bengals
-Jets over Browns
-Panthers over Washington
-Packers over Titans

Week 17:
-Texans over Titans
-Washington over Eagles
-Bucs over Falcons

Old Dog 12-22-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15417503)

Inasmuch as there has never been three WC games per conference, I'mma go with, "No"

pugsnotdrugs19 12-22-2020 11:18 AM

Took another round...

Wild Card:
Bills (2) over Ravens (7)
Browns (3) over Steelers (6)
Titans (4) over Colts (5)

Saints (2) over Cardinals (7)
Seattle (6) over Los Angeles (3)
Tampa Bay (5) over Washington (4)

Divisional:
Chiefs (1) over Titans (4)
Bills (2) over Browns (3)

Packers (1) over Seattle (6)
Saints (2) over Tampa Bay (5)

Conference:
Chiefs (1) over Bills (2)
Packers (1) over Saints (2)

Super Bowl:
Chiefs over Packers

Kman34 12-22-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15417665)
Took another round...

Wild Card:
Bills (2) over Ravens (7)
Browns (3) over Steelers (6)
Titans (4) over Colts (5)

Saints (2) over Cardinals (7)
Seattle (6) over Los Angeles (3)
Tampa Bay (5) over Washington (4)

Divisional:
Chiefs (1) over Titans (4)
Bills (2) over Browns (3)

Packers (1) over Seattle (6)
Saints (2) over Tampa Bay (5)

Conference:
Chiefs (1) over Bills (2)
Packers (1) over Saints (2)

Super Bowl:
Chiefs over Packers

The league will make sure the Ravens face the Chiefs in the playoffs because it didn’t happen last year..

tk13 12-22-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Pretty sure this is a big part of the scenario where that Cleveland/Pitt game in week 17 either puts Cleveland as the 3 seed, or out of the playoffs entirely.

Pittsburgh wins and they might very well let the Ravens in. But if they lose Pittsburgh's going on the road.

KChiefs1 12-22-2020 11:53 AM

It’s going to be kinda hard not flipping over to watch that Colts vs Steelers game on Sunday at noon.

Azide22 12-22-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

This is cool! Who do you want to play? I know many people's thoughts on the Ravens, but I'd have to think I'd rather play the Dolphins than the Ravens.

Azide22 12-22-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 15417600)
The following teams have to win in the next two weeks for the Bills to get the bye:

Bills win last two versus Patriots and Dolphins then...

In week 16 the following teams win: Vikings Lions Raiders Giants Bengals Falcons Steelers Browns Washington Chargers

and

In week 17 the following teams win: Bengals Steelers Titans Chargers Patriots Falcons Raiders

It isn’t happening.

Regardless of what happens with the Chiefs the pathway for either the Bills or Steelers to get the bye is nearly impossible. It’s over. Path to the Super Bowl runs through Arrowhead.

In a world with each game being a coinflip, which it is not, Chiefs get 1 seed 99.55% of scenarios. Steelers 0.40%, Bills 0.05%. Weight those odds with strength of team indicators, and it's like 0.000000005%.

It's just fun to talk about, I guess. I mostly am just glad that we aren't likely to try and take 3 full weeks off though. That would be dangerous, IMO.

Halfcan 12-22-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 15417157)
It was Blaylock not LJ.

:thumb:

I was at that game and completely forgot Blaylock was even on our team.

It was an NFL record.

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/...8-rushing-tds/

ChiefsFanatic 12-22-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15418090)

I was at that game and completely forgot Blaylock was even on our team.

It was an NFL record.

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/...8-rushing-tds/

I was also at the game, which is why I remembered Blaylock. Our starter rushed for 4 TDs, and then we put our backup in, and he ran for 4 TDs.

Its the highest Chiefs score of any Chiefs game I have ever attended.

Azide22 12-22-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 15418092)
I was also at the game, which is why I remembered Blaylock. Our starter rushed for 4 TDs, and then we put our backup in, and he ran for 4 TDs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0410240kan.htm

Atlanta's only score was a PR TD. That was a fun Chiefs run. The Dante Hall explosion, Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Kennison, LJ, and of course Tony Gonzalez. Defense? Yikes - some of the worst defenses in history.

Gary Cooper 12-22-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 15418092)

I wish they had kept Priest in to see how many TDs he could get. Possible record. I believe that game was before his serious injury later that year.

Azide22 12-22-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 15418137)
I wish they had kept Priest in to see how many TDs he could get. Possible record. I believe that game was before his serious injury later that year.

I believe the serious injury was 2005 - so the next year.

KChiefs1 12-27-2020 07:09 AM

Let's just win today & forget all about these damn scenarios! :thumb:

KChiefs1 12-27-2020 03:16 PM

Bye bye baby!

KChiefs1 12-29-2020 04:49 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5cpQ_NYGBtY?start=99" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chargem 12-30-2020 09:04 AM

I just chucked in some likely outcomes for week 17 and got for the AFC:

Colts at Bills
Browns at Steelers
Ravens at Tenessee

Some quite good storylines and games there.

RaidersOftheCellar 12-30-2020 09:24 AM

There's an interesting situation in Buffalo and Pittsburgh. As far as I can tell, it looks like the only way that Buffalo loses the 2 seed is if Pittsburgh wins. I think Pittsburgh has already decided to rest starters. But will Buffalo play their starters just in case Pittsburgh's backups manage to beat Cleveland? Depending on who the Steelers sit, it's possible. Maybe Buffalo will begin the game with starters and monitor the situation in Cleveland?

MahomesMagic 12-30-2020 09:34 AM

I ran the scenarios assuming Buffalo and Pittsburgh lose resting starters.

Wildcard:

Buffalo 2 vs Cleveland 7

Baltimore 6 vs Pittsburgh 3

Miami 5 vs Tennessee 4

I then pick Buffalo, Baltimore, Tennessee in those matchups.

Next round would be..

Kansas City1 vs Baltimore 6

Buffalo 2 vs Tennessee 4

Then that makes me predict KC and Tennessee in the AFC Championship.

Repeat of last year!

BigRedChief 12-30-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15432586)

Wildcard:

Buffalo 2 vs Cleveland 7

Miami 5 vs Tennessee 4

Next round would be..

Buffalo 2 vs Tennessee 4

Repeat of last year!

I’m thinking Ravens then Bills.

MahomesMagic 12-30-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15432693)
I’m thinking Ravens then Bills.

In the Championship? Not quite sure what you mean..

Chargem 12-30-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15432701)
In the Championship? Not quite sure what you mean..

think he just means Bills beat the Titans in your scenario

MahomesMagic 12-30-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 15432713)
think he just means Bills beat the Titans in your scenario

Oh..got it.

Gary Cooper 12-30-2020 10:41 AM

The Titans defense is so bad. Hard to envision them winning two playoff games again.

Danguardace 12-30-2020 11:00 AM

I will laugh so hard if Buffalo everyone's latest masturbatory aid gets bounced first round

MahomesMagic 12-30-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 15432761)
I will laugh so hard if Buffalo everyone's latest masturbatory aid gets bounced first round

Buffalo's best bet is to lose this week so they play the Browns.

If Buffalo wins this week and Browns win they get the Titans..who are a TERRIBLE matchup both ways for Buffalo and I think BLO goes home and its now 26 years+ since a playoff win.

TEX 12-30-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15432586)

Wildcard:

Buffalo 2 vs Cleveland 7

Miami 5 vs Tennessee 4

Next round would be..

Buffalo 2 vs Tennessee 4

Repeat of last year!

Maybe, But I'd bet Miami takes Tenn out. Most every year, some Cinderella makes noise - last year it was the Titans. This year IMO it will be Miami, if they get in.

Gravedigger 12-30-2020 11:25 AM

Yeah it's looking more and more like Chiefs v Bills. Revenge after 27 years sounds good.

TEX 12-30-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15432786)

If Buffalo wins this week and Browns win they get the Titans..who are a TERRIBLE matchup both ways for Buffalo and I think BLO goes home and its now 26 years+ since a playoff win.

Yep. Bad matchup for Buff.

Gary Cooper 12-30-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15432786)

Why would the Titans be a terrible matchup for Buffalo? Their defense can't stop anyone right now. The Chiefs ran all over Buffalo, but Buffalo's run defense is otherwise middle of the pack. They match up with Derrick Henry about the same way KC would.

Remember, the Titans started the year 5-0. They've been a .500 team since. They're not a bad matchup for opponents.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 12-30-2020 11:34 AM

Bills vs Chiefs? I wonder what kind of contract Bell could get from another team $$

Danguardace 12-30-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 15432833)
Why would the Titans be a terrible matchup for Buffalo? Their defense can't stop anyone right now. The Chiefs ran all over Buffalo, but Buffalo's run defense is otherwise middle of the pack. They match up with Derrick Henry about the same way KC would.

Remember, the Titans started the year 5-0. They've been a .500 team since. They're not a bad matchup for opponents.

Titans blitzed Buffalo earlier in the season I guess

OrtonsPiercedTaint 12-30-2020 11:36 AM

Cam couldn't hit the broadside of a barn & they ran for 145

Gary Cooper 12-30-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 15432840)
Titans blitzed Buffalo earlier in the season I guess

That's true. But the two teams are headed in opposing directions. Buffalo has won 8 of their last 9, the one loss being that fluke Hail Mary against Arizona.

MahomesMagic 12-30-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 15432833)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I was wrong. Assuming Buffalo wins this week and Browns, Titans win Buffalo gets Indy.

But Tennessee would be the matchup if Bills win and Titans lose to Texans this week.

If this happened Tennessee's D is terrible against most teams. But they play this cloud coverage that screws up Josh Allen. In the previous Tenny vs Buffalo game Allen got frustrated he couldn't hit his primary downfield and kept hitting checkdowns..giving up on going further downfield.

Also, Tenny's offense stomped on the Bills. Bills can get bullied inside zone, throws to middle of the field. Everything Tenny does Buffalo hates.

Gary Cooper 12-30-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15432860)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I was wrong. Assuming Buffalo wins this week and Browns, Titans win Buffalo gets Indy.

But Tennessee would be the matchup if Bills win and Titans lose to Texans this week.

If this happened Tennessee's D is terrible against most teams. But they play this cloud coverage that screws up Josh Allen. In the previous Tenny vs Buffalo game Allen got frustrated he couldn't hit his primary downfield and kept hitting checkdowns..giving up on going further downfield.

Also, Tenny's offense stomped on the Bills. Bills can get bullied inside zone, throws to middle of the field. Everything Tenny does Buffalo hates.

Tennessee's offense can be a problem for many teams. They have the league's best running back and physical receivers. More weapons than they had last season. Their problem is the pass defense.

I feel like Allen keeps improving as a QB. Teams watch film so it's hard to think what Tennessee or KC did against him earlier this season hasn't been copied by others.

Then again, one game anything can happen. Buffalo hasn't won a playoff game in forever. The Titans won two last season.

I will really look forward to football next week knowing the Chiefs don't play. One less stressful weekend.

MahomesMagic 12-30-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 15432882)
Tennessee's offense can be a problem for many teams. They have the league's best running back and physical receivers. More weapons than they had last season. Their problem is the pass defense.

I feel like Allen keeps improving as a QB. Teams watch film so it's hard to think what Tennessee or KC did against him earlier this season hasn't been copied by others.

Then again, one game anything can happen. Buffalo hasn't won a playoff game in forever. The Titans won two last season.

I will really look forward to football next week knowing the Chiefs don't play. One less stressful weekend.

The Titans D is pretty bad against most QB's. Best way to describe it is "guard the bleachers". Buffalo's offense did not like it. And Titans were missing a bunch of players including most of their WR's and best pass-rusher in Simmons.

KChiefs1 12-30-2020 02:28 PM

I bet our divisional round opponent will be either the Ravens or Titans. We know we won't be facing the Bills or Steelers.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-30-2020 06:36 PM

Baltimore @ Tennessee in the first round is going to be fun.