ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Deshaun Watson being accused of sexual assault? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337521)

Nickhead 03-19-2021 05:00 PM

what is it about pregame activities before teams play the chiefs? :D

Chief Roundup 03-19-2021 05:01 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At this time, HPD is unaware of any contact between HPD and Houston attorney Tony Buzbee regarding the allegations contained in his recently filed lawsuits and no incident reports regarding these allegations have been filed in our jurisdiction.</p>&mdash; Houston Police (@houstonpolice) <a href="https://twitter.com/houstonpolice/status/1373043588431548416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When would the attorney get in contact with the police normally? It would seem that this should have gone to a prosecuting attorney before anything could be filed.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-19-2021 05:05 PM

It’s all horseshit and you have to wonder if the McNair’s are involved, sadly.

rydogg58 03-19-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15594553)

I believe it's horseshit also, but I just can't see the benefit of a team risking totally burning their QB like this. It just doesn't make sense to me. That team is ****ed up from the top down to the bottom.

louie aguiar 03-19-2021 05:16 PM

Quote:

Why would the McNairs be involved? How does this benefit them?

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydogg58 (Post 15594556)
I believe it's horseshit also, but I just can't see the benefit of a team risking totally burning their QB like this. It just doesn't make sense to me. That team is ****ed up from the top down to the bottom.

They sold out the best WR in football for David Johnson because Easterby doesn't like baby mamas. So who knows....

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15594384)
I'm thinking a lot of athletes are covering their tracks right now and we will see more of this. The landscape is wide open for more.

Which makes me wonder what the NFL is doing behind the scenes. And if mcnair is even a little behind this and these allegations are mostly bogus, this seems like the kind of shit that gets you blackballed by other owners.

RunKC 03-19-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Why? So they can lose any trade value Watson has? Smart money would have been to have this happen after the trade

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15594571)
Why? So they can lose any trade value Watson has? Smart money would have been to have this happen after the trade

Does anything Easterby and his puppet does make any sense? Smart money would also have been to not have your team run by a cult leader.

comochiefsfan 03-19-2021 05:36 PM

Why would Houston be behind this?

If they were, then it would have made sense to trade him for a king's ransom, and THEN have the allegations come out. Now he's essentially worthless.

This stuff is nuts. He won't play in the league again at this rate. Guess we won't have to worry about Deshaun Watson anymore.

Holy moly.

staylor26 03-19-2021 05:42 PM

Yea I’m not buying that the Texans are somehow responsible for this. That’s conspiracy theory level bs that I’m going to need some proof of. Besides, this doesn’t benefit them in any way shape or form.

The fact that the texts/DMs kind of support the claims isn’t a good look at all.

comochiefsfan 03-19-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15594597)
Yea I’m not buying that the Texans are somehow responsible for this. That’s conspiracy theory level bs that I’m going to need some proof of. Besides, this doesn’t benefit them in any way shape or form.

The fact that the texts/DMs kind of support the claims isn’t a good look at all.

Talk about dodging a bullet if you were one of the teams trying to trade for him.

A couple clubs very likely narrowly avoided a franchise crippling cluster****.

smithandrew051 03-19-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15594601)
Talk about dodging a bullet if you were one of the teams trying to trade for him.

Man that could’ve been the ultimate “because Chiefs” moment.

Imagine if we didn’t take Mahomes. Then we traded like 3 first round picks for Watson and this shit came out.

staylor26 03-19-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

I wish the Broncos would’ve traded 4 1st round picks for him right before this news broke LMAO

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

The McNair connection and the timing is just too weird. Easterby is such a littlefinger it's really really
hard to rule out. Not to undermine what might have happened but this looks like the kind of stuff that constantly gets swept under the rug. Wouldn't you expect that the lawyer who brags about his relationship with the owner would be the easiest guy to get to drop this? If mcnair put even a tiny bit of effort into this? Something seems incredibly off about all this.

When we were going through the Pioli years with pastor Jack on board, would anyone be shocked if someone who spoke out against their cult suddenly got sabotaged?

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 06:46 PM

Also, unless there is a major smoking gun Watsons career isn't over on this. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. His reputation is ruined but let's not compare this to rapists or serial rapists just yet. It so far looks like a guy who thought he had a certain arrangement and maybe didn't. Definitely possible it could be much worse but we'll see.

smithandrew051 03-19-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15594693)
Also, unless there is a major smoking gun Watsons career isn't over on this. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. His reputation is ruined but let's not compare this to rapists or serial rapists just yet. It so far looks like a guy who thought he had a certain arrangement and maybe didn't. Definitely possible it could be much worse but we'll see.

Really just comes down to how many of these allegations are legit and how many are fake.

If it’s a one time thing where he got the wrong idea, then it’s weird but probably not even a suspension.

If there prove to be multiple aggressive (key word) legitimate accusations, then he might be done for awhile at least.

Halfcan 03-19-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15594373)
Up to 22 accusers now...

:hmmm:

Looks like he will be sitting out a year and it won't be over a trade to another team.

So glad the Chiefs did not draft this guy.

comochiefsfan 03-19-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15594684)
The McNair connection and the timing is just too weird. Easterby is such a littlefinger it's really really
hard to rule out. Not to undermine what might have happened but this looks like the kind of stuff that constantly gets swept under the rug. Wouldn't you expect that the lawyer who brags about his relationship with the owner would be the easiest guy to get to drop this? If mcnair put even a tiny bit of effort into this? Something seems incredibly off about all this.

When we were going through the Pioli years with pastor Jack on board, would anyone be shocked if someone who spoke out against their cult suddenly got sabotaged?

I just don't understand how this benefits Houston in any way.

This tanks Watson's trade value and even if he's forced to stay, you're looking at at best a lengthy suspension and PR nightmare. That PR nightmare of course wouldn't hold a candle to the unmitigated disaster that would happen if it came to light that the Texans were behind it and they got caught trying to assassinate Watson's character.

There's just no way it's a realistic possibility that the Texans organization has any involvement in this. The risk is so much higher than the reward.

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15594696)
Really just comes down to how many of these allegations are legit and how many are fake.

If it’s a one time thing where he got the wrong idea, then it’s weird but probably not even a suspension.

If there prove to be multiple aggressive (key word) legitimate accusations, then he might be done for awhile at least.

I'm not ruling out either scenario. But if the current smoking gun is the worst of it, how can you suspend deshaun without opening up every nfl interaction with a masseuse, stripper or random hookup for scrutiny? Seems like a nightmare scenario for the NFL and I'm not sure they want to set that precedent.

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15594744)
I just don't understand how this benefits Houston in any way.

This tanks Watson's trade value and even if he's forced to stay, you're looking at at best a lengthy suspension and PR nightmare. That PR nightmare of course wouldn't hold a candle to the unmitigated disaster that would happen if it came to light that the Texans were behind it and they got caught trying to assassinate Watson's character.

There's just no way it's a realistic possibility that the Texans organization has any involvement in this. The risk is so much higher than the reward.

If this were any other team I'd agree. Texans fans would say the same about trading DeAndre Hopkins for one of the most lobsided trades in history because you disagree with his morality.

cooper barrett 03-19-2021 07:35 PM

I bet Watson's atty is setting up a line, 4 miles long, of men who have had sexual favors preformed by these masseuse /hookers once their names are released.

I wonder how many of the have a business license or even are formally trained?

It's going to be a fun time as they act like virgins, they will be branded as prostitutes parading as Massage therapists..

dlphg9 03-19-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15594746)
If this were any other team I'd agree. Texans fans would say the same about trading DeAndre Hopkins for one of the most lobsided trades in history because you disagree with his morality.

Dude, we get it. They're a shit org, but this isn't trading away your star WR for peanuts. This is sabotaging one of the biggest trade chips in recent history and possibly ruining his career. Texans get nothing. I don't care how shitty they are run, there is no organization in sports that would do this.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-19-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15594684)

You are spot on.

People underestimate how insane Jack Easterby is. The Texans couldn’t care less about winning. They are basically an NFL cult at this point.

This is creepy stuff and honestly the NFL should force McNair to sell. You really think NFL players aren’t pulling this shit constantly? Why would god damn DeShaun Watson, who could have any chick at any club in Texas, need to do this shit?

This is coordinated reputation slaughtering. It’s not about getting max return for Watson. They want to ruin him.

That’s obviously what’s happening.

dlphg9 03-19-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 15594751)
I bet Watson's atty is setting up a line, 4 miles long, of men who have had sexual favors preformed by these masseuse /hookers once their names are released.

I wonder how many of the have a business license or even are formally trained?

It's going to be a fun time as they act like virgins, they will be branded as prostitutes parading as Massage therapists..

Holy shit your posts are so cringey and annoying. You think woman should be sexually assaulted for not having a license to massage or for being a masseuse? Wtf kind of defense is that?

"You're honor, she is lying! She's not even licensed!"

Crowd gasps

Judge drops all charges.

staylor26 03-19-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15594758)
Dude, we get it. They're a shit org, but this isn't trading away your star WR for peanuts. This is sabotaging one of the biggest trade chips in recent history and possibly ruining his career. Texans get nothing. I don't care how shitty they are run, there is no organization in sports that would do this.

Yup, it’s one of those things that makes sense on the surface, and people want to believe it, so there’s just not a lot of critical thinking going on. There’s a reason establishing “motive” is crucial to an investigation.

dlphg9 03-19-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15594759)
You are spot on.

People underestimate how insane Jack Easterby is. The Texans couldn’t care less about winning. They are basically an NFL cult at this point.

This is creepy stuff and honestly the NFL should force McNair to sell. You really think NFL players aren’t pulling this shit constantly? Why would god damn DeShaun Watson, who could have any chick at any club in Texas, need to do this shit?

This is coordinated reputation slaughtering. It’s not about getting max return for Watson. They want to ruin him.

That’s obviously what’s happening.

You're wrong, he's wrong. If this was a character assassination, then they trade him and then do it.

Pulling the "Pro athletes or rich people don't sexually assault because they can have whoever" just shows what a scummy mother****er you are.

You ever think that these people aren't use to being rejected, so they lash out?

notorious 03-19-2021 07:53 PM

The ownership and management of the Texans aren't smart enough to hatch some mastermind plan to **** over Watson.

They are ****ing idiots. Period.

staylor26 03-19-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15594769)
The ownership and management of the Texans aren't smart enough to hatch some mastermind plan to **** over Watson.

They are ****ing idiots. Period.

You make a great point. It’s a classic contradiction. Are they idiots, or are they evil masterminds?

dlphg9 03-19-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15594759)

This is creepy stuff. You really think NFL players aren’t pulling this shit constantly? Why would god damn DeShaun Watson, who could have any chick at any club in Texas, need to do this shit?

You're right!

That was a creepy line of thinking.

I bet NFL players aren't forcing themselves on women constantly. You're ****ed in the head bro

Pablo 03-19-2021 08:01 PM

The hits just keep on cummin...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d40dd0358e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wisconsin_Chief 03-19-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15594767)
You're wrong, he's wrong. If this was a character assassination, then they trade him and then do it.

Pulling the "Pro athletes or rich people don't sexually assault because they can have whoever" just shows what a scummy mother****er you are.

You ever think that these people aren't use to being rejected, so they lash out?

I’ll give you that point, but raise you this one:

He could walk into any club in Texas, announce his arrival and have chicks lining up for him.

Why risk this shit? Is he that dumb?

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15594758)

DeAndre Hopkins was traded because Easterby disapproved of him having baby mamas. This is the same guy who likely played a huge role in spying on Todd haley and leaking multiple storied about his pizza nights, swinging, and going out to concerts. Strangely this stories started leaking out just as the Chiefs were trying to boot him.

I agree it would take a total sociopath to do this. Can we rule out that culture stickler Easterby didn't want Watsons morals or that littlefinger Easterby saw Watson as a threat to his power? The worse Watson looks, the easier it is for Easterby to stay in power. Sometimes you have to play a little game and imagine the worst possible reason someone might do this.

staylor26 03-19-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15594787)
DeAndre Hopkins was traded because Easterby disapproved of him having baby mamas. This is the same guy who likely played a huge role in spying on Todd haley and leaking multiple storied about his pizza nights, swinging, and going out to concerts. Strangely this stories started leaking out just as the Chiefs were trying to boot him.

I agree it would take a total sociopath to do this. Can we rule out that culture stickler Easterby didn't want Watsons morals or that littlefinger Easterby saw Watson as a threat to his power? The worse Watson looks, the easier it is for Easterby to stay in power. Sometimes you have to play a little game and imagine the worst possible reason someone might do this.

You sound like every full blown conspiracy theorist to be honest.

Occam’s razor.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-19-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15594773)
You're right!

That was a creepy line of thinking.

I bet NFL players aren't forcing themselves on women constantly. You're ****ed in the head bro

Dude, I’m a father of two who has done nothing but work and pay taxes for 20 years in a row.

Seriously, go jam yourself with a steel pole. You don’t know me and I’m expressing my opinion on a football board. Eat a bag of shit. I think Watson is getting ****ed by rich white dudes. Couldn’t give a flying **** what you think of it.

jettio 03-19-2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15594373)
Up to 22 accusers now...

So do massage therapists or masseuses have any kind of professional group that meets in person or online or something?

It seems somewhat unlikely that a guy could offend as many as alleged and nobody in that community ever says anything to warn the community to avoid that customer.

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15594790)
You sound like every full blown conspiracy theorist to be honest.

Occam’s razor.

How so? I am not ruling out that there's plenty of merit to the accusations. But I don't think anyone can look at Easterbys past and his relationship with McNair, then look at McNair relationship with buzbee and the timing of alm this and not think something is really strange. I personally think it could go either way but they'll need a much bigger smoking gun.

Honestly the way I see it is Watson thought he had a prostitution like arrangement. A lot of it maybe because it was a wink wink thing. A few that were legitimately upset. And some who are exploiting the situation. It is a complicated gray area and one professional sports doesn't want to touch with a ten foot pole.

smithandrew051 03-19-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15594784)
I’ll give you that point, but raise you this one:

He could walk into any club in Texas, announce his arrival and have chicks lining up for him.

Why risk this shit? Is he that dumb?

People are into some weird shit dude.

Could well be that the typical jersey bunnies don’t do it for him anymore. He’s probably been the man since early high school. Maybe he’s more interested in something....uhhh....different.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-19-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15594802)
People are into some weird shit dude.

Could well be that the typical jersey bunnies don’t do it for him anymore. He’s probably been the man since early high school. Maybe he’s more interested in something....uhhh....different.

You could be right. Not ruling it out.

Seems weird, but I suppose there are just weird bastards out there.

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15594806)
You could be right. Not ruling it out.

Seems weird, but I suppose there are just weird bastards out there.

Yeah, not sure I would go that far. But you'd also ask why they'd bother with strippers or prostitutes.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-19-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15594809)
Yeah, not sure I would go that far. But you'd also ask why they'd bother with strippers or prostitutes.

Ditto. Just doesn’t make sense. 100 chicks on any given night would hand him anything.

smithandrew051 03-19-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15594812)
Ditto. Just doesn’t make sense. 100 chicks on any given night would hand him anything.

You’re coming from a normal person’s perspective though. Normal guys who weren’t star athletes at a major Division 1 program and star athletes at the pro level would love to have the opportunities he has.

He’s just had so much of that through his teens and early twenties that he’s probably just bored.

As a ChiefsPlanet poster, I’m sure you can relate to having women throw themselves at you constantly.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-19-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15594819)
You’re coming from a normal person’s perspective though. Normal guys who weren’t star athletes at a major Division 1 program and star athletes at the pro level would love to have the opportunities he has.

He’s just had so much of that through his teens and early twenties that he’s probably just bored.

As a ChiefsPlanet poster, I’m sure you can relate to having women throw themselves at you constantly.

LMAO

Yeah I get it. Watson just doesn’t strike me as the type. I guess though.

I still just can’t see it.

stevieray 03-19-2021 08:45 PM

This isn't going to end well for him.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-19-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15594830)

Bottom line.

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15594830)

Obviously the reputation is ruined. I don't know that it's kobe bad. I don't think it's tiger bad. But there's room for this to get way worse.

mr. tegu 03-19-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15594812)

Nothing makes those random women any more trustworthy than these masseuses. This could actually be his attempt to mitigate risk of random women chasing him for money or extortion or wherever. He might have figured this was a more intimate, less risky way of getting with women, but maybe wrongly assumed they all read the tea leaves correctly.

Halfcan 03-19-2021 10:47 PM

Sounds like a serial rapist/molester--If the allegations are true.

His career is over. He never wanted to play for the Texans again, be careful what you wish for.

comochiefsfan 03-19-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15594862)
Obviously the reputation is ruined. I don't know that it's kobe bad. I don't think it's tiger bad. But there's room for this to get way worse.

Ummmm if this stuff is true, then it dwarfs anything that Kobe or Tiger ever did.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Sounds right to me.

These Patriot Way douchebags are the ****ing worst.

Apparently one of Belichick's horcruxes still survives in Houston.

KChiefs1 03-19-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

I wouldn’t even wish that on the Donkos....ummm yeah I would!

ROFL

wazu 03-19-2021 11:43 PM

It’s beyond overwhelming at this point. Watson’s reputation is eviscerated. Closest comp I can think of would be Michael Vick.

BWillie 03-19-2021 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15591572)

Soooo tell him to stop. Did she do that? If so, and he kept trying to go for it by all means throw the book at him.

Buehler445 03-20-2021 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydogg58 (Post 15594556)

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 15594557)
Why would the McNairs be involved? How does this benefit them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15594571)

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15594588)
Why would Houston be behind this?

If they were, then it would have made sense to trade him for a king's ransom, and THEN have the allegations come out. Now he's essentially worthless.

This stuff is nuts. He won't play in the league again at this rate. Guess we won't have to worry about Deshaun Watson anymore.

Holy moly.

When it was one girl I would give it a decent chance that Houston wanted to 1. Change the news cycle on how shitty they are and Watson would get out. And 2. Cool trade talks so they can keep him. They’ve been insistent from the beginning that he’s not getting traded. One could argue there is a Big Rape case here. Endure some bad PR he wins and everybody forgets about it.

But now that it’s 20, I find it unlikely Houston has anything to do with it.

cooper barrett 03-20-2021 12:48 AM

How many of the twenty heard about the "make serious cash" ad on facebook? No experience needed. Must be willing to state that you shit yourself.

dlphg9 03-20-2021 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15594970)
When it was one girl I would give it a decent chance that Houston wanted to 1. Change the news cycle on how shitty they are and Watson would get out. And 2. Cool trade talks so they can keep him. They’ve been insistent from the beginning that he’s not getting traded. One could argue there is a Big Rape case here. Endure some bad PR he wins and everybody forgets about it.

But now that it’s 20, I find it unlikely Houston has anything to do with it.

It seems a ton of people on here love the dude for some reason and just cant handle the fact that he is probably a spoiled ass bitch that can't take no for an answer.

CasselGotPeedOn 03-20-2021 01:01 AM

A 25 year old, top 5 QB's career is most likely over, and by all accounts is a complete creep. This is completely surreal. Nothing remotely like this has ever happened. Crazy.

Mahomes_Is_God 03-20-2021 02:53 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna need to see that thing called evi-daunce. Women are well aware of the double-standard and take advantage of it on a regular basis.

Hoopsdoc 03-20-2021 06:04 AM

Quote:

I thought they traded Hopkins because he and BOB didn’t get along plus they didn’t want to resign him?

Also, don’t you think a LOT of NFL players have baby mamas?

That doesn’t make any sense.

smithandrew051 03-20-2021 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 15594993)
Yeah, I'm gonna need to see that thing called evi-daunce. Women are well aware of the double-standard and take advantage of it on a regular basis.

Innocent until proven guilty.

I will say that with the release of the text messages, this doesn’t seem as baseless as it originally did.

I don’t really care about the quantity of allegations. The legitimacy is what really matters.

chiefzilla1501 03-20-2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15595017)
I thought they traded Hopkins because he and BOB didn’t get along plus they didn’t want to resign him?

Also, don’t you think a LOT of NFL players have baby mamas?

That doesn’t make any sense.

It was a BOB/Easterby tag team. BOB made the comments about hating Hopkins bringing baby mamas around. Albert breer said Easterby traded hopkins because of practice habits and most Houston reporters believe the salary cap stuff is BS. It fits the narrative that this was another culture move by Easterby. We've been through this right 53 bullshit before. SI reported Easterby pushed the trade and given the comp, they were desperate to get rid of him.

chiefzilla1501 03-20-2021 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15594922)
Ummmm if this stuff is true, then it dwarfs anything that Kobe or Tiger ever did.

This looks like a guy who thought he was getting an arrangement looking for a happy ending. And some women are alleging that was not part of the arrangement. Unless you want to scrutinize every athlete gray area when it comes to massages or what's actually allowed at a strip club.

It sounds like Watson recommended these masseuses to other players and vice versa. I wonder how many accusers gave similar arrangements to other athletes before or after.

stevieray 03-20-2021 07:27 AM

We can debate it till the cows come home.

He crossed the line.

I don't give a shit how well he can play a game.

chiefzilla1501 03-20-2021 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15595040)
We can debate it till the cows come home.

He crossed the line.

I don't give a shit how well he can play a game.

I don't think at this point thats even debatable.

jettio 03-20-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15594980)
A 25 year old, top 5 QB's career is most likely over, and by all accounts is a complete creep. This is completely surreal. Nothing remotely like this has ever happened. Crazy.

If the worst of it is true, Watson would save his career by doing therapy and marrying a nice girl that has her shit together and has brothers or cousins that would not mind kicking his ass if he messed up.

Seems like he never had any school or police investigations into any incidents, a civil class action suit against a wealthy celebrity for wanting handjobs is whack.

Mecca 03-20-2021 08:56 AM

I'd like to know why these things are only being taken to civil court and not criminal court..you'd think if you're gonna say dude raped you, you'd do more than want coin.

That part still seems fishy to me.

KCJake 03-20-2021 09:01 AM

No criminal charges...? Pay dem hoes and let's move on

Hammock Parties 03-20-2021 09:02 AM

Easterby is a douche. It wouldn't surprise me if he's behind all of this. It is basically impossible to sue the media and get anything out of it, and even less so the toy department (sports media).

Quote:

A critical Sports Illustrated cover story by Jenny Vrentas and Greg Bishop thrust Easterby into the national spotlight.

Easterby responded to the story by reportedly telling Texans employees that he threatened to sue Sports Illustrated for defamation and had obtained a list of SI's sources for the story.

Easterby also reportedly blamed the Kraft family, his former employers with the Patriots, for his negative press.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex...le-daily-cover

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/te...y-kept-his-job

Doesn't seem like this is a McNair thing. It's an Easterby thing.

Easy 6 03-20-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15594779)
The hits just keep on cummin...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d40dd0358e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh shit LMAO

Pablo 03-20-2021 09:20 AM

Our beloved Patrick is at home prolly doing an A+ job with dad stuff for a point of reference in all of this.

notorious 03-20-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15595107)
I'd like to know why these things are only being taken to civil court and not criminal court..you'd think if you're gonna say dude raped you, you'd do more than want coin.

In these situations I would trust the wheel of payout over the wheel of justice.

Hoopsdoc 03-20-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15595024)
It was a BOB/Easterby tag team. BOB made the comments about hating Hopkins bringing baby mamas around. Albert breer said Easterby traded hopkins because of practice habits and most Houston reporters believe the salary cap stuff is BS. It fits the narrative that this was another culture move by Easterby. We've been through this right 53 bullshit before. SI reported Easterby pushed the trade and given the comp, they were desperate to get rid of him.

So, it was BOB who hated the baby mamas?

louie aguiar 03-20-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15595146)
Our beloved Patrick is at home prolly doing an A+ job with dad stuff for a point of reference in all of this.

Yep, this kind of stuff makes me appreciate PMII even more

arrwheader 03-20-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15595107)

Civil cases, the burden of proof is much less of just that a burden. You don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in civil Court. Just that it was likely.

Rape cases are extremely hard to win in criminal court because a lot of times there is a lot of circumstancial evidence, basically he said she said.

That being said women who wait months after and go civil with it instead of attempting a criminal case and then proceeding with a civil after look bad. It looks like a money grab and with high profile rich athlete's it a lot of times is.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

smithandrew051 03-20-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15595335)
Civil cases, the burden of proof is much less of just that a burden. You don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in civil Court. Just that it was likely.

Rape cases are extremely hard to win in criminal court because a lot of times there is a lot of circumstancial evidence, basically he said she said.

That being said women who wait months after and go civil with it instead of attempting a criminal case and then proceeding with a civil after look bad. It looks like a money grab and with high profile rich athlete's it a lot of times is.

Waiting might look fishy, but I get why. I could absolutely see why she might be intimidated. Fan bases can be crazy with this type of stuff.

Also, it’s not like she waited decades to pursue action. This is really fairly recent.

BWillie 03-20-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Believe all women.

notorious 03-20-2021 12:52 PM

Just wait.

This is going to open the flood gates to other players on other teams getting called out.

Buckle in.

ARROW2 03-20-2021 01:51 PM

I want my ****ing happy ending!!

ARROW2 03-20-2021 01:54 PM

A little sucky ducky

cooper barrett 03-20-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

One you deal with the popo , the other a nice white man who gives you an advance on the money he's going to get you.