ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Peters Suspended (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312117)

tyreekthefreak 12-06-2017 02:07 PM

If Peters were white I would still think he's not worth the trouble! I'm looking forward to seeing our secondary this week. I've seen enough of Peters holding and PI penalties, not to mention his pussy approach to tackling. Good riddance.......

Tribal Warfare 12-06-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 13265819)
Andy Reid, a notorious players' coach, suspended Marcus Peters. That's pretty damning. Rather than deal with the reality that our head coach felt compelled to suspend the dude in a key game, some posters attempt to make this a thread about race.

IMO, this came from Clark as an executive order

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Andy Reid, a notorious players' coach, suspended Marcus Peters. That's pretty damning. Rather than deal with the reality that our head coach felt compelled to suspend the dude in a key game, some posters attempt to make this a thread about race.

Probably the best post in this thread.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-06-2017 02:09 PM

If this doesn't fix this Peters issue, Veach HAS to trade him this offseason. Comparable circumstances to Brandin Cooks.

Entering 4th season, 5th year option is there if necessary. Very talented players. Differences are that Cooks was disgruntled with his role, and he plays a less valuable position. Peters on the other hand is more of a 'distraction'. Cooks fetched the 32nd overall pick..

If Peters returns and is still pulling the same shit, I'd get rid of him as fast as possible. Question is, what can we get for him?

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13265822)
IMO, this came from Clark as an executive order

:facepalm: Of course you think that.

Tribal Warfare 12-06-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13265826)
:facepalm: Of course you think that.

Yep, He's hurting the Chiefs brand. Coupled with on field shit

HemiEd 12-06-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13265815)
Heh, Sports Talk radio now discussing the racial topic of the suspension and the stereotyping of some Chiefs fans referring to Peters as a "Thug".

and so it continues...

You have got to be bullshitting, no way the media would do something like that.

Mecca 12-06-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13265812)
You started by insulting midwest market values.

Call it what you want but I would rather have a guy out there busting his ass trying than one too good to be bothered and risking injury.

Call me crazy. I think his team mates probably feel the same way and Andy is finally doing something about it.

This suspension didn't just come from the last game, it's been coming.

Your post literally summed up exactly why I said what I said. You brought up the anthem which literally has NOTHING to do this with other than it matters to you for some reason.

Does this mean if a player said he was an atheist people would be pissed, actually I'm sure they would. **** having beliefs that don't align.

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13265831)
Yep, He's hurting the Chiefs brand. Coupled with on field shit

You mean he is acting like an epic douche?

Tribal Warfare 12-06-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13265841)
You mean he is acting like an epic douche?

Nope, penalties, effort, and generally being a distraction. It's all about dollars and cents.

His latest tweet said LOL

Molitoth 12-06-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

It's not so much of a thread about race, as it is the current meltdown of the team.
I mentioned that there are enough facts on the table to provide a spark to the racial divide topic, and it is already happening... but that is that... the race card can be thrown at everything.

The more interesting topic is the damning situation Reid finds himself in.

I would think the Locker Room would be just as divided on this issue as the fanbase.

*You may have players that support Peters emotions. (Maybe they have a group that despises Bob Suttons' scheme as much as we fans do?)

*You may have players that support the benching of Peters. (Because of his lack of tackling effort on the field?)

Speaking of that last statement, hasn't Peters as a Chief ALWAYS been playing to strip the ball for a turnover rather than tackle? The difference is in previous seasons it was working and everyone loved it. This season it is not working and now he looks like a "pussy".

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:22 PM

The player most hated by CP right now, and its not even close, is as white bread as you can get, yet somehow you can only dislike Peters because he is black. :facepalm:

List of most hated Chiefs players in the last 25 years -

Matt Cassel
Alex Smith
Elvis Grbac
Steve Bono
Player who shall go unnamed

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13265504)
LMAO

Raiders are going to cut our dicks off and shove them down our throats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13265510)
The San Quinten Throat Lozenge

I think Clay is more of a Riker's kind of guy, A lot more blood and guts than Gurgling.

Sassy Squatch 12-06-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13265833)
Your post literally summed up exactly why I said what I said. You brought up the anthem which literally has NOTHING to do this with other than it matters to you for some reason.

Does this mean if a player said he was an atheist people would be pissed, actually I'm sure they would. **** having beliefs that don't align.

Tyreek Hill beat the shit out of his pregnant girlfriend. No one cares anymore. Stop making this about "beliefs" or whatever the **** you're on about. People are sick of Peters because of his actions ON THE FIELD.

HemiEd 12-06-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13265849)
The player most hated by CP right now, and its not even close, is as white bread as you can get, yet somehow you can only dislike Peters because he is black. :facepalm:

Matt Cassel
Alex Smith
Elvis Grbac
Steve Bono

Wait a minute, those guys are all white! That can't be racist, can it? It's ok to hate a white player, right?

RobBlake 12-06-2017 02:25 PM

Ill wait on how Marcus is a thug but kelce isn’t to certain people .

More people needed to be suspended due to performance or benched a quarter

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13265853)
Tyreek Hill beat the shit out of his pregnant girlfriend. No one cares anymore. Stop making this about "beliefs" or whatever the **** you're on about. People are sick of Peters because of his actions ON THE FIELD.

Excellent point.

PAChiefsGuy 12-06-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13265844)
Nope, penalties, effort, and generally being a distraction. It's all about dollars and cents.

His latest tweet said LOL

Doesn't surprise me. I feel like if he was going to change he would have by now. I don't think this suspension will do much to change his attitude. I hope I am wrong though. Unfortunately Peters seems to be getting worse not better.

On the bright side Tyreek clearly has changed, his college background is just as bad as Marcus and he has never been a distraction at all. Kelce is getting better. No dumb penalties in weeks. J Houston failed a drug test in college and he's been a class act in the NFL.

It's really disappointing cause Peters is so talented and Reid loves helping players with character issues turn their lives around.. With the right attitude Peters could probably be the best CB in the NFL.

Oh well.

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13265854)
Wait a minute, those guys are all white! That can't be racist, can it? It's ok to hate a white player, right?

Most loved Chiefs players off the top of my head-

Derrick Thomas
Priest Holmes
Jamaal Charles
Tony Gonzalez
Otis Taylor
Willie Lanier
Okoye

I barely count Montana as he was barely a Chief.

ChiTown 12-06-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13265862)

Derrick Thomas
Priest Holmes
Jamaal Charles
Tony Gonzalez
Otis Taylor
Willie Lanier
Okoye

I'd have to believe Lenny Dawson has to be #1. JMO

loochy 12-06-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Derrick Thomas
Priest Holmes
Jamaal Charles
Tony Gonzalez
Otis Taylor
Willie Lanier
Okoye

That doesn't count because stuff and things
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 12-06-2017 02:30 PM

Old if we. An afford to get rid of guys like Peters or Ford right now. Have you seen this defense?

Imagine going into next year without both. My god.

HemiEd 12-06-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

I finally addressed the anthem issue because it was brought up numerous times.

As far as I am concerned, that was old news. We have beat that subject to death.

Numerous people have brought it up in each of the Peters threads lately, and you at least inferred it. But I am the one that brought it up. ROFL

That being said, I am very excited to see what this does for the teams effort this weekend. :thumb: I bet we are surprised.

Molitoth 12-06-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13265853)

I'm still trying to figure out what "Actions on the field" are...

Tossing a refs flag? Because Kelce tossed a towel in a much more crucial spot in a game.
Getting penalized by the refs? Pass Interference is one of the most debated and bullshit calls in football.
Cussing at some fans? I'm sure they were cussing at him. If you can give it, better be able to take it.
Not standing during the anthem? That is a personal belief that nobody should judge.
Not tackling worth a shit? He rarely has because he normal has gone for the strip. He just hasn't been successful during this losing streak.

Those are just my thoughts, but I'm pretty open minded... so feel free to educate me on these on the field actions that deserve hatred.

In the end, I could give a shit if Peters is playing for the Chiefs... this organization has broken my heart enough where I just watch for the lulz.
I just know deep down, a LOT of people hate Marcus Peters for the wrong reasons.

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 13265856)
Ill wait on how Marcus is a thug but kelce isn’t to certain people .

More people needed to be suspended due to performance or benched a quarter

If Marcus Peters put the same effort out every game that Kelce has this year he would also be the best at his position.

If Kelce had continued his shenanigans I have zero doubt he would have been suspended for a game at some point.

The difference is one player has learned from his mistakes, the other hasn't. One player is the best at his position and the other has had his performance steadily decline while his bullshit has steady increased.

To try to compare the issues and the performance of Kelce and Peters is a losing argument and is only used to drive a specific narrative.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13265541)
810 just brought up a good point. Without igniting more of the Anthem debate:

Clark Hunt may have stepped in. He has a disgruntled fan base. He has three more home games and tickets to sell. Money. Last home game had a lot of empty seats. Not a good look.

So right or wrong, Peters is a polarizing figure with the national anthem. Add in the poor tackling, the stupid penalty and the perceived quitting on his team in the last game... Well, there's your suspension. (Regarding Kelce: not an exact comparison. Kelce had has his d-bag moments. But why compare him to Peters? Someone here related to Peters? Or someone trying to make this a race issue?)

If Clark wasts to sell more seats get out of the way and put a CEO in his office who knows football and is not busy defrauding public entities. If you want a great organization it needs to lead from the top. HIRE A CEO.

That doesn't mean suspending the black player who basically did the same as the white player who wasn't suspended.

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 13265864)
I'd have to believe Lenny Dawson has to be #1. JMO

Heh, shameful that didn't pop into my head, knew I was missing someone.

Point still stands. This ain't about race.

One of my all time favorite Chiefs was James Hasty, loved how he played the game and would take 1 of him over 3 Marcus Peters.

Also I forgot to put Eric Berry on my list.

HemiEd 12-06-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Derrick Thomas
Priest Holmes
Jamaal Charles
Tony Gonzalez
Otis Taylor
Willie Lanier
Okoye

Yep, Priest Holmes is my all time favorite. He just busted his ass and when he was injured he passed the time by enjoying some nachos.

I can only imagine what his final numbers would have been had the horse collar tackle been illegal then.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13265555)
Owens did a lot of stupid shit but he never quit on a play. If there's one thing Owens did right it was effort. Marcus couldn't even lick the dudes jock strap in that category.

Marcus Peters needs some Marcus Allen in him.:D:D:D

pugsnotdrugs19 12-06-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13265866)
Old if we. An afford to get rid of guys like Peters or Ford right now. Have you seen this defense?

Imagine going into next year without both. My god.

I hope they are both here and contributing, but what have they really done for the defense this year? Peters is having by far his worst season to date and Ford isn't even healthy. It can't get much worse.

I hope they are both back because I want some continuity on that side of the ball, but if Peters continues to be a headache, they have to get something for him via trade.

ChiTown 12-06-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13265876)
Heh, shameful that didn't pop into my head, knew I was missing someone.

Point still stands. This ain't about race.

One of my all time favorite Chiefs was James Hasty, loved how he played the game and would take 1 of him over 3 Marcus Peters.

Also I forgot to put Eric Berry on my list.

Agreed on your point. My 2 favorite Chiefs players of all-time are Otis Taylor and Willie Lanier.

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13265872)

Those are just my thoughts, but I'm pretty open minded... so feel free to educate me on these on the field actions that deserve hatred.

If you don't see whats been going on with Peters this season with your own eyes, its not possible to educate you on anything.

Sassy Squatch 12-06-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Tossing a refs flag? Because Kelce tossed a towel in a much more crucial spot in a game.
Getting penalized by the refs? Pass Interference is one of the most debated and bullshit calls in football.
Cussing at some fans? I'm sure they were cussing at him. If you can give it, better be able to take it.
Not standing during the anthem? That is a personal belief that nobody should judge.
Not tackling worth a shit? He rarely has because he normal has gone for the strip. He just hasn't been successful during this losing streak.

In the end, I could give a shit if Peters is playing for the Chiefs... this organization has broken my heart enough where I just watch for the lulz.
I just know deep down, a LOT of people hate Marcus Peters for the wrong reasons.

I seem to remember people getting pretty ****ing pissed at Kelce for his douchebaggery. I know I was. If you want to excuse Peters pathetic attempts at tackling as going for the strip, that's on you.

HemiEd 12-06-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

How about not even trying to tackle. If he wasn't good at it, it would be one thing, but stepping aside, like multiple gifs you couldn't have possibly missed, that is pure horse shit!

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13265887)
I seem to remember people getting pretty ****ing pissed at Kelce for his douchebaggery. I know I was. If you want to excuse Peters pathetic attempts at tackling as going for the strip, that's on you.

I was at the Eagles game week 2 when Kelce got the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The refs mic wasn't working but when it was announced there was an unsportsmanlike penalty everyone in the section I was in started talking about how it had to be Kelce's dumb ass and how they were sick of his stupid shit.

Whats the difference between him and Peters? When was the last time Kelce pulled anything like that? Pretty sure it was week 2 , that exact game.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13265595)
Kelce cleaned his act up.

...not even a comparison at this point.

All future decisions are based on past precedents.... need I say more?

Molitoth 12-06-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13265873)
If Marcus Peters put the same effort out every game that Kelce has this year he would also be the best at his position.

If Kelce had continued his shenanigans I have zero doubt he would have been suspended for a game at some point.

The difference is one player has learned from his mistakes, the other hasn't. One player is the best at his position and the other has had his performance steadily decline while his bullshit has steady increased.

To try to compare the issues and the performance of Kelce and Peters is a losing argument and is only used to drive a specific narrative.

Dude... we agree on a lot of topics, but Travis Kelce has thrown his hands up in disgust and/or given up on a play MANY times over the last 4 weeks. Just because Alex Smith got him a couple of TD's last week now means he has been "Putting forth effort?". Kelce HAS HAD on the field pouting instances every week (and rightfully so IMO) because he is running wide open and Alex is ****ing blind.

Why is it us fans can ****ing Hate Bob Sutton that we want his ass fired for being a worthless turd that can't adjust, yet if any of the players show a lack of respect for him, they are asshole thugs? I don't really think Sutton is "putting his players in good situations" and it's hurting their careers and the team. Justin Houston just all of a sudden didn't LOSE all of his skills.

tyreekthefreak 12-06-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

You're wrong, completely wrong. If Peters were playing good, I think everyone would have more patience. But he is not playing good at all and there are a dozen GIF's out there showing him avoiding contact at all costs!!!! Hell, one even shows a guy gaining 5 extra yards for a 1st down because Peters was trying to strip the ball.

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13265899)
Dude... we agree on a lot of topics, but Travis Kelce has thrown his hands up in disgust and/or given up on a play MANY times over the last 4 weeks. Just because Alex Smith got him a couple of TD's last week now means he has been "Putting forth effort?". Kelce HAS HAD on the field pouting instances every week (and rightfully so IMO) because he is running wide open and Alex is ****ing blind.

Why is it us fans can ****ing Hate Bob Sutton that we want his ass fired for being a worthless turd that can't adjust, yet if any of the players show a lack of respect for him, they are asshole thugs? I don't really think Sutton is "putting his players in good situations" and it's hurting their careers and the team. Justin Houston just all of a sudden didn't LOSE all of his skills.

Apples and oranges, Kelce being frustrated he isn't getting the ball isn't the same as quiting on your team. If he were on the sideline yelling at the coaches and screaming at fans then you woudl have something.

ChiTown 12-06-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak (Post 13265902)
You're wrong, completely wrong. If Peters were playing good, I think everyone would have more patience. But he is not playing good at all and there are a dozen GIF's out there showing him avoiding contact at all costs!!!! Hell, one even shows a guy gaining 5 extra yards for a 1st down because Peters was trying to strip the ball.

^^^^^^^^^GETS IT^^^^^^^^^^

:clap:

Chiefs4TheWin 12-06-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13265509)
We're going to get a glimpse of the Peters-less secondary that everybody's been clamoring for and I'm sure it's going to be great

Raiders are going to gain about 250 yards due to PI and Holding calls. We might set the damn record for secondary penalties this week.

Molitoth 12-06-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak (Post 13265902)

No, I agree that Peters has made poor decisions, but whatever, I'm not ready to ship him off to another team like many Chiefs fans.

Say Peters strips that ball and returns it 30 yards. Is he still a pussy for not tackling or is he a hero for causing a turnover?

Eleazar 12-06-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13265750)
remember the good 'ol days when Mecca disappeared for years on end?

Good times.

But the team sucks again, so now he's going live on the board like he used to

Marcellus 12-06-2017 02:47 PM

I'm done arguing this. I posted after the game that Peters should be suspended for his bullshit last week but I didn't think Andy had the balls.

I guess I was right and I was wrong.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13265618)
Yes, lots of no-shows. Most tix are sold, BUT there is a pretty large dollar value on the unsold tickets. 3 games. 37.5% of regular season home games.

Give the unused seats to under-privileged youth along with a crescent wrench, We won't need the seats til next year...

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13265619)
I figured Peters didn't want to play Oakland anyway

If he wins, KC fans are "happy" for a week, but his hometown will hate him for stopping the raiders from making the playoffs

If he loses, KC fans are KC fans and talk mad shit, but Oakland fans won't be mad at him so he is good at home still

It's a no win situation for Peters really

Andy's decision may have been based on something Peter's said along those lines.

Dayze 12-06-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13265911)
No, I agree that Peters has made poor decisions, but whatever, I'm not ready to ship him off to another team like many Chiefs fans.

Say Peters strips that ball and returns it 30 yards. Is he still a pussy for not tackling or is he a hero for causing a turnover?

say he tries a strip, and the runner breaks free and runs for a TD and the Chiefs lose the game?

I get what you're saying, but tackling the ball carrier is the first thing he should worry about, not stripping the ball - sans some scenario where the Chiefs are down w no timeouts and they gotta get the ball back.

The dude simply does not want anything to do with tackling.
I even 'somewhat' (and that's being very generous) get the "business decision" of trying to tackle a beast runner head-on or something similar. But in Marcus' case, it's become where every tackle is a 'business decision'.

Kman34 12-06-2017 02:50 PM

So I guess we are going to see a lot of Revis continent Sunday.....

Molitoth 12-06-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13265914)
I'm done arguing this. I posted after the game that Peters should be suspended for his bullshit last week but I didn't think Andy had the balls.

I guess I was right and I was wrong.

Well, I can agree that a suspension may be the best thing for Peters.
But without the full available story, I'm not ready to give up on a player that had some elite level play just because he has had a few bad games on a terrible team with a terrible DC.

He's losing and he is pouting. It's simple. He doesn't want to secretly be a Raider, he doesn't hate being an American, he doesn't hate fans, police, blue collar jobs, etc. He wants to win football games, and I won't refer to him as a "thug" like many idiots do.

Molitoth 12-06-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13265926)
say he tries a strip, and the runner breaks free and runs for a TD and the Chiefs lose the game?

I get what you're saying, but tackling the ball carrier is the first thing he should worry about, not stripping the ball - sans some scenario where the Chiefs are down w no timeouts and they gotta get the ball back.

The dude simply does not want anything to do with tackling.
I even 'somewhat' (and that's being very generous) get the "business decision" of trying to tackle a beast runner head-on or something similar. But in Marcus' case, it's become where every tackle is a 'business decision'.

No I get that, it would be very nice if he put some real effort into tackling.
But I'm trying to remember him putting forth this effort during the previous years, or was that all masked by the turnovers he was causing?
Sometimes players just are who they are and you have to weigh the pros and cons.
Alex Smith is a game manager, it's not changing... even with a few good games.
Peters is a poor tackler, but has a knack for INT's.

srvy 12-06-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13265780)
Yeah, teams will be lining up to get a CANCER on their team, cause he is good at trying to strip the ball and he is from the hood!/Mecca

At this point its not about getting a 1st rounder that ship probably sailed already. It about passing the plague on to someone else.

Dayze 12-06-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13265939)
No I get that, it would be very nice if he put some real effort into tackling.
But I'm trying to remember him putting forth this effort during the previous years, or was that all masked by the turnovers he was causing?
Sometimes players just are who they are and you have to weigh the pros and cons.
Alex Smith is a game manager, it's not changing... even with a few good games.
Peters is a poor tackler, but has a knack for INT's.

Yup, that's fair.

and honestly, maybe some of his lack of effort is he's sick of some of the defensive calls, or sick of the lack of KC Offense the last few games. I dunno.
It's just concerning to me to have a guy on defense that doesn't like, or doesn't seem to even want to tackle.

thegame214 12-06-2017 02:57 PM

You think this shit is happening with Eric Berry around? Hell no.

If I'm Andy I'm getting Eric in that locker room asap to talk some sense into guys.

For Houston and those guys not sitting Marcus down and setting him straight is all I need to know about the "leaders" on this team.

Sassy Squatch 12-06-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13265933)
Well, I can agree that a suspension may be the best thing for Peters.
But without the full available story, I'm not ready to give up on a player that had some elite level play just because he has had a few bad games on a terrible team with a terrible DC.

He's losing and he is pouting. It's simple. He doesn't want to secretly be a Raider, he doesn't hate being an American, he doesn't hate fans, police, blue collar jobs, etc. He wants to win football games, and I won't refer to him as a "thug" like many idiots do.

You're delusional if you think Peters has no blame here. He's been kicked off his college team and suspended by his professional team for the same thing.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13265658)
No.

No more joy for anyone this year.

Depression for all until the end of all things.

Just because you can't find joy, (or what ever the bitche's name was who blue balled your ass) doesn't mean the rest of us don't want the JOY of taking the wild card spot away from the Raiders. ESPECIALLY if it's the WAFC title.

It's what the holidays are about...that and eggnog.

HemiEd 12-06-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13265940)
At this point its not about getting a 1st rounder that ship probably sailed already. It about passing the plague on to someone else.

Hopefully Marvin Lewis will get to keep his job in Cincy. :D

gold_and_red 12-06-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13265955)
You think this shit is happening with Eric Berry around? Hell no.

If I'm Andy I'm getting Eric in that locker room asap to talk some sense into guys.

For Houston and those guys not sitting Marcus down and setting him straight is all I need to know about the "leaders" on this team.

If Berry is needed to talk sense to these headcases then Reid is not the right coach to lead this team or any team for that matter.
These outbursts coincide with bad losses so maybe Sutton and Reid need to start coaching better. Personally I think the team regains focus this week but it won't be enough to stop the slide.

HemiEd 12-06-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 13265910)
Raiders are going to gain about 250 yards due to PI and Holding calls. We might set the damn record for secondary penalties this week.

We may be surprised by the difference in the team, in fact I will be shocked if we aren't.

RunKC 12-06-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13265881)
I hope they are both here and contributing, but what have they really done for the defense this year? Peters is having by far his worst season to date and Ford isn't even healthy. It can't get much worse.

I hope they are both back because I want some continuity on that side of the ball, but if Peters continues to be a headache, they have to get something for him via trade.

Look at how they both played last year? That potential is there.

Reerun_KC 12-06-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13265678)
The guy is costing us games with his bullshit.

You're being a contrarian

So is alex and he isn’t getting benched.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 03:12 PM

$39.95 Special Sale Pricing...Does not apply to past or pending sales
https://cdn3.volusion.com/lfwkz.rawr...jpg?1471937881

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13265687)
Dear Greatest Fans in the NFL:

Hi, it's me, Carl "Delano" Peterson. Back by special request of the Clarks to explain this latest decision on Marcus Peters' Suspension to you, the greatest fans in the NFL.

This is about responsibility and team play. Marcus embarrassed the Hunt Family by throwing a yellow official's flag into the stands in New York. That's simply poor judgement and poor sportsmanship.

Furthermore, the Chiefs received an invoice from Roger Goodell today for $59.95; the cost of a replacement yellow official's flag. So Peters actions are significantly affecting our business model. That cannot be allowed.

The Kansas City Chiefs are a business, and can't be paying for official's flags because of the immature histrionics on display from Marcus Peters. We must make an example of this unfortunate situation.

So next Sunday at Arrowhead, you'll be able to enjoy watching former All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis, and our other fine crop of up and coming defensive backs like Phillip Gaines, Kenneth Acker and Terrence Mitchell cover Oakland's mildly talented tandem of Michael Crabtree and Amari Cooper.

Marcus Peters will have to buy a ticket to the game to watch the contest, and reimburse the Hunt family $59.95 for the aforementioned flag. Also, his employee discount at the team store has been suspended for the week.

For you the greatest fans in the NFL, please remember if you send in your playoff ticket money TODAY, if by some wild, outside chance the Chiefs DON'T make the 2017 playoffs -and Clark Hunt has given Andy Reid the vote of confidence, so that certainly will not happen- but if it does, your playoff money will help offset the pending price increase coming on your 2018 Chiefs Season Tickets. You have our pledge that your early playoff payment, and the interest it generates for the Hunt Family, will be put to good use; like on fact finding trips to London to see when the Chiefs may be able to play in Wembly Stadium again. Building our international brand is critically important to the Chefs future.

In conclusion, a Chiefs Fan is born every minute, and always remember it's your choice to be a fan. Make sure to buy lots of premium exclusive Chiefs merchandise and fill your Christmas Stockings with officially licensed NFL Yellow Officials Flags. They're available from the Chiefs on line store for just $59.95 plus shipping.

Happy Holidays!
Sincerely, Your Pal
Carl "Delano" Peterson
Formerly Longest Tenured GM in Professional Sports

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13265700)
Peters is accountable with the most penalties caused in the NFL. WRONG 28th in flags thrown

He's definitely part of the problemRIGHT, and his behavior that got him kicked off UW's football team is an indictment of his character

We chose him, we deal with it.

Maybe $141K will make him think before he acts but???

Stinger 12-06-2017 03:23 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From Up to the Minute Live, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> suspended CB Marcus Peters for his conduct, despite having a huge game against a rival on Sunday. <a href="https://t.co/pCoCAJ043T">pic.twitter.com/pCoCAJ043T</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/938517916835860480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 6, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Molitoth 12-06-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13265960)
You're delusional if you think Peters has no blame here. He's been kicked off his college team and suspended by his professional team for the same thing.

Naw, Peters def has blame... he is obviously missing tackles and showing a lack of effort.

However; I will not allow his Anthem protest or previous outburst at his college coach persuade my opinion how how he COULD be an effective CB in this league. His skillset didn't just fall off along with Justin Houston. It's obvious the defense does not believe in Bob Sutton, and I think a change in DC's could revitalize the players mindset on this team.

I'd give him a fresh start with a better DC next season and see what happens.
I'm fine with a 1 game suspension, but ridding of a "cancer" without even wanting to trade for draft picks is a laughable solution by silly fans.

Rain Man 12-06-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13266008)
We chose him, we deal with it.

Maybe $141K will make him think before he acts but???

My guess is that he's not very introspective. This will just make him mad at everyone else but not himself.

gblowfish 12-06-2017 03:34 PM

He'll probably go out to Vegas, bet a bunch against the Chiefs and make his $141,000 back from the lost game check. That's what I'd do if I were him.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13265778)

I'm guessing you found a slimeball atty (member on CP) to take your case?

TribalElder 12-06-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13266033)
He'll probably go out to Vegas, bet a bunch against the Chiefs and make his $75,000 back from the lost game check. That's what I'd do if I were him.

I bet we win

No risk of sabotage this week ROFL

arrwheader 12-06-2017 03:36 PM

Peters lack of effort and on field antics are concerning and definitely worth a suspension but damn the Chiefs really need the next two games and the benching seems to almost wave the white flag. Maybe that will wake up the players but doubtful. Raiders will torch us and season done.

saphojunkie 12-06-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13265611)
Just sayin...

Do I think it's a racist decision? No.

But those facts are on the table for a valid argument from a certain perspective.
Expect to see it as a topic that you are going to soon want to ignore.

I think the decision to bench Peters is a touchy subject from a political level that may not have been the smartest thing to do.

Reid is in a tough spot trying to regather his locker room, I don't envy his position at all.

Bringing up Kelce or race is ****ing ridiculous.

Kelce started off the season getting stupid penalties in the first three games. Then, Reid sat him down, and he's been GREAT ever since. No dumb shit. No taunting. No stupid penalties, and his play has been great, even with a six game streak of captain dipshit missing him wide open downfield repeatedly.

Kelce has gotten BETTER as the season has progressed.

Peters has gotten worse.

There's the difference.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

He was told, plain and simple, by a hedge fund manager....

In58men 12-06-2017 03:41 PM

It’s a major safety issue to throw shit into the stands. Look at what happened to Orlando Brown. Peters could have really ****ed up here. He got lucky.

Easy 6 12-06-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13265513)
But hey, at least whatever player they replace him with may stand for the national anthem, and that is what matters most...

For ****s sake man, not you too... its. not. about. the. damn. anthem.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

If he made his "Atheism" part of the game, received negative feedback because of said actions, lacked effort, played poorly, behaved like an adolescent: Yes, I would bring up the lack of core values and would throw in the fact that the lacking values could be due to being an atheist.

Chew on it Mecca.

Next time tell the guy who does't clean his steps to come to your car to get his pizza and quit blaming others for your own stupidity.

Molitoth 12-06-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13266050)
For ****s sake man, not you too... its. not. about. the. damn. anthem.

lol, I will calm down and go back to normal, but....

This started with his Anthem Protest for many people. (maybe not many people on Chiefsplanet) but on facebook and many other media outlets. Even people in my own family have wanted Peters gone since that day he first knelt. (dumbasses)

For many people, it's about the anthem protest and his image as a "thug" which is just silly. If Marcus Peters gave you 4 years of mediocre to shit play with a few great games trickled in (ala Alex Smith), then I understand the hatred.
Peters has had some shitty games on a shit defense with a shit DC THIS SEASON.

Calling him a cancer and wanting to just give him away is just silly.

Anyway, I'm just in a ranting mood. Back to making fun of PAChiefsone who sucks the penis and Tiger.

cooper barrett 12-06-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13265849)

Matt Cassel
Alex Smith
Elvis Grbac
Steve Bono

You mean the Black Guy? I ask because Carl Peterson was not a player, not a football player.

HemiEd 12-06-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13265879)
Marcus Peters needs some Marcus Allen in him.:D:D:D

If he ventures over to San Francisco while in Oakland and bends over, he just might get it.

Easy 6 12-06-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13266072)
lol, I will calm down and go back to normal, but....

This started with his Anthem Protest for many people. (maybe not many people on Chiefsplanet) but on facebook and many other media outlets. Even people in my own family have wanted Peters gone since that day he first knelt. (dumbasses)

For many people, it's about the anthem protest and his image as a "thug" which is just silly. If Marcus Peters gave you 4 years of mediocre to shit play with a few great games trickled in (ala Alex Smith), then I understand the hatred.
Peters has had some shitty games on a shit defense with a shit DC THIS SEASON.

Calling him a cancer and wanting to just give him away is just silly.

Anyway, I'm just in a ranting mood. Back to making fun of PAChiefsone who sucks the penis and Tiger.

Sorry man, the cancer tag has merit IMO and its not about the protests... it's about the other players seeing him half ass around and not be reprimanded for it

I don't care if the entire D hates Smiths guts, there is no excuse for not doing your job to the best of your ability... yet that's exactly what they're all doing, led by the example of our supposed All-Pro

That is the definition of cancerous

dls6501 12-06-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13266041)
Bringing up Kelce or race is ****ing ridiculous.

Kelce started off the season getting stupid penalties in the first three games. Then, Reid sat him down, and he's been GREAT ever since. No dumb shit. No taunting. No stupid penalties, and his play has been great, even with a six game streak of captain dipshit missing him wide open downfield repeatedly.

Kelce has gotten BETTER as the season has progressed.

Peters has gotten worse.

There's the difference.

I am not agreeing nor disagreeing with this post.

But I do have a question. You claim Reid sat Kelce down and he has been GREAT ever since.

Was Peters given the same opportunity to have a sit down with the coach and time to improve on his behavior?

cookster50 12-06-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13265541)

the perceived quitting on his team in the last game...

Nothing "perceived" about it, it freaking happened.