ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Does anybody watch "Burn Notice?" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=166003)

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-23-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6895160)
except they have used the exact same formula for every single episode.

I bet Kobe could do it better.

kcxiv 07-24-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6895289)
I bet Kobe could do it better.

Well Burn Notice is in Miami and i am sure Kobe cant wait to burn that mother****er down.

kcxiv 07-24-2010 02:29 PM

Burn Notice’ prequel movie announced
LIKE 4912RETWEET
BY PHILIANA NG | JULY 22ND, 2010 AT 12:56 PM | VIEW COMMENTS

A "Burn Notice" prequel movie announcement starring fan-favorite Bruce Campbell was big news at the USA series panel, which kicked things off on the television side at Comic-Con on Thursday in Ballroom 20.
The prequel will be an action-adventure story set before the start of "Burn Notice" that follows Sam on a mission in Latin America. USA and Fox TV Studios will partner on the production, with filming likely to take place in Latin America between "Burn Notice" Seasons 4 and 5.
Moderated by Chris Vance, who played the evil Gilroy on the sexy spy series, the panel, which included Campbell, series creator Matt Nix, exec producer Alfredo Barrios and multihyphenate Tim Matheson, might as well have been the Bruce Campbell show as he continued his streak from last year of paying audience members who complimented him.
On a serious note, Nix and Barrios shared that what the writers put in the script is often played out in the writers room first.
"We roleplay a fair amount in the room," Barrios shared. "And Matt's a master of accents [It was there that] Gilroy became a guy with a British accent."
"We can't really, can you darling?," Nix said in an English accent when discussing how one can or cannot tell when a Brit is gay, ribbing Vance a little in the process.
"If we can act it out in the room, then we can write it," Nix said.
This season, with the addition of series regular Coby Bell, there will be many "more episodes where Sam and Fiona are taking the lead [on the case]," Nix said.
Campbell jumped in, revealing a future dilemma Fiona (played by Gabrielle Anwar) would find herself this year.
"There is an episode where Fiona gets kidnapped," Campbell said. "Never kidnap Fiona. She's a little shit!"

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...announced.html

THIS MAKES ME VERY HAPPY!!!

Baby Lee 07-24-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6896438)
This season, with the addition of series regular Coby Bell,

Just noticed from IMDB that Coby is none other than superfly jewish black double agent Conway Stern on Archer.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...chernekkid.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-25-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6896000)
Well Burn Notice is in Miami and i am sure Kobe cant wait to burn that mother****er down.

LMAO I decree Kobe the New Sanchez of Chiefs Planet. PRAISE HIM!

kcxiv 07-25-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6897446)
LMAO I decree Kobe the New Sanchez of Chiefs Planet. PRAISE HIM!

why? Kobe has actually 1 or 2 things in his career.

Ebolapox 07-25-2010 08:10 PM

yeah, I have never been able to get into this show.

KcMizzou 07-25-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6898051)
yeah, I have never been able to get into this show.

I like it. (Bruce Campbell's in it, I had to check it out.)

It's not real high on my list, but it's fun and entertaining.

If you watch your TV like I do, (Torrents and DVDs) it can get pretty repetitive. But it's cool if you switch it up a bit now and then.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6898042)
why? Kobe has actually 1 or 2 things in his career.

All the more reason to PRAISE HIM! WOOT! ELEVENTYBILLION PURPLE AND GOLD JERSEYS FOR TEH NAKED KIDS IN ZIMBABWE!!!!

Frankie 07-26-2010 10:44 AM

OK I don't get this Kobe angle in this thread and I don't think it's particularly funny. Let's keep this thread about the topic.

kcxiv 07-26-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6898725)
OK I don't get this Kobe angle in this thread and I don't think it's particularly funny. Let's keep this thread about the topic.

Its bot funny onebit. Someone thought they had a funny but failed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6898725)

Shut up, Mom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6898758)
Its bot funny onebit. Someone thought they had a funny but failed.

I see that degree from Teh Bryant School of Composition is really paying off!

keg in kc 07-26-2010 02:10 PM

I'm really enjoying this season so far. I think the introduction of a 4th regular, temporary as he may be, has made it seem a little more fresh, although obviously the show's still following the same formula it always has.

SLAG 08-19-2010 09:06 PM

Tonights episode was awesome. one of the best this season

Chuck Finley is forever

Can't wait for the "movie"

kcxiv 08-20-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 6943704)
Tonights episode was awesome. one of the best this season

Chuck Finley is forever

Can't wait for the "movie"

hehe, whats even better is the Chuck Finley character is based off of one of my favorite pitchers growing up. Chuck Finley Left hander for the California Angels. hehe He was a lefty thats why i liked him. haha

Also, lastnight episode was bad ass. Fiona thought she was dead with no way out. THat was pretty intense. I dont think there is a bad episode of this show.

Buehler445 08-20-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6945515)
hehe, whats even better is the Chuck Finley character is based off of one of my favorite pitchers growing up. Chuck Finley Left hander for the California Angels. hehe He was a lefty thats why i liked him. haha

Also, lastnight episode was bad ass. Fiona thought she was dead with no way out. THat was pretty intense. I dont think there is a bad episode of this show.

Freaking badass episode. Amazing. Can't get enough of the show.

Shit, for a second, I thought Fiona was dead myself. That'd suck a bag of dicks.

Spoiler!

keg in kc 08-21-2010 09:28 AM

I'd been wondering all season how they were going to handle that. Brilliant. Having it just happen, out of the blue, was perfect.

keg in kc 08-26-2010 01:07 PM

Really hyped for tonight's summer finale. No clue where they're going with this.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-26-2010 01:16 PM

I'm watching the marathon right now.

Buehler445 08-26-2010 08:52 PM

****ing fantastic episode.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 08-26-2010 09:02 PM

I expected more somehow. Although I'm curious who the white dude was that picked up the case as he passed out. But the stuff with Jesse just felt flat the entire episode.

kcxiv 08-27-2010 03:48 AM

I thought it was great. Jesse saving Mike by shooting Mike. lol We now have a new villian that we know nothing about. Happens every year. lol

What freaking sucks is now we get to wait until like March before we see the remaining 6 episodes. lol

keg in kc 08-27-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6957500)
What freaking sucks is now we get to wait until like March before we see the remaining 6 episodes. lol

Nah, November.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-27-2010 10:09 AM

I need to get caught up. I still don't know what happened with the English Pyro dude...

Sadness...

kcxiv 08-27-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6957747)
Nah, November.

They are doing it different this year, they usually wait for the fall shows to be over then start back up.

lcarus 08-27-2010 12:09 PM

I watched the first season or so but got bored with it. It kind of reminded me of MacGyver.

SLAG 08-28-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6958041)
They are doing it different this year, they usually wait for the fall shows to be over then start back up.

nope

Burn Notice is Confirmed for November

Buehler445 11-13-2010 08:18 AM

My fat ass couldn't be more excited about the next chapter. I freaking love this show. It is OUSTANDING.

SLAG 11-13-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 7167593)
My fat ass couldn't be more excited about the next chapter. I freaking love this show. It is OUSTANDING.

Michael is such a pimp

kcxiv 11-19-2010 02:03 AM

Great Episode. I used to hate Michaels mom, but she's grown on me and is a bad ass now. lol With Jesse in there, i think it works great. I hope he's around for a while.

kcxiv 11-30-2010 04:28 PM

USA's 'Burn Notice' Prequel Starring Bruce Campbell Is A Go; Jeffrey Donovan To Direct
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday November 30, 2010 @ 1:25pm PST
COMMENTS (18)EMAIL THIS | PRINT THIS |

EXCLUSIVE: USA has given a formal green light to the Burn Notice movie prequel starring Bruce Campbell, which will be directed by Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan. The two will also executive produce with Burn Notice creator Matt Nix, who wrote the movie, and the series exec producer Mikkel Bondesen. The untitled two-hour film, which was announced at this year's Comic-Con, will begin shooting in January on location in Bogota, Colombia for a premiere in Spring 2011. Burn Notice, which remains the top-rated scripted series on basic cable, has wrapped production on Season 4, and filming on Season 5 is slated to begin shortly after the movie finishes shooting.

Here are more details about the Fox TV Studios-produced prequel. It is set in late 2005 and focuses on Sam Axe's (Campbell) last mission as a Navy SEAL. It begins after a faction of Colombian rebels makes trouble for the locally stationed military platoon, with Lieutenant Commander Axe being sent down to investigate. As the mission unfolds, Sam begins to uncover the dark secrets of the area, learning the truth about sacrifice, deception, and ultimately what’s worth fighting for.

The idea to do a Campbell-centered Burn Notice movie offshoot originated a year and a half ago when Burn Notice made its Comic-Con debut. "We saw Bruce Campbell as the Bruce Springsteen of Comic Con," USA's president of original programming Jeff Wachtel said. "We saw the spectacular explosive fan reaction and realized that, in Bruce, we had not only a great actor but also a pop culture icon." USA executives decided to take advantage of that, and Nix quickly came up with the basic outline for a movie about Axe's back story that had not been explored on the series. The idea was put on the back burner while Nix was busy with Burn Notice and The Good Guys until Wachtel made the surprising informal announcement at Comic-Con in July. Donovan got the directing gig on the movie after impressing USA executives with his directorial debut on the Made Man episode of Burn Notice, which aired this summer.

Could the Burn Notice film spawn a series of a movies or a spinoff series starring Campbell? "It is a one-off," Wachtel said. "We’ll see how it goes."

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/usas...ct/#more-87320

SLAG 12-11-2010 08:54 PM

Wow

Just got done watching Thursdays Episode - It was Great

Can't wait for the 2hr Season Finale

Frankie 12-12-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 7247786)
Wow

Are we getting there already?

Buehler445 12-12-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7248389)
Are we getting there already?

This week. It seems like the second "half" of this season went fairly quickly.

Slayer Diablo 12-12-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 7247786)
Wow

Definitely. I knew Vaughn would be too obvious and that clip from the previews tried to mislead us into thinking Simon would be involved...but Brennan was a shot outta left field.

I wonder if Larry comes back for the 2hr episode...fight sociopathy with sociopathy.

Buehler445 12-12-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pedestrian (Post 7249088)
Definitely. I knew Vaughn would be too obvious and that clip from the previews tried to mislead us into thinking Simon would be involved...but Brennan was a shot outta left field.

I wonder if Larry comes back for the 2hr episode...fight sociopathy with sociopathy.

Truth. But I called Marv dying as soon as they drove up. :D

Slayer Diablo 12-15-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 7249169)
Truth. But I called Marv dying as soon as they drove up. :D

Haha! No doubt about it. Jesse needed more of a reason to be with the crew...something other than that "will they/won't they" crap that was all but set up between him and Fiona.

kcxiv 12-16-2010 02:45 AM

Hehe, i dont see many tv shows adding another person when the show is so successful. Usually they try to add someone new if they are borderline in the cancellation index. Jesse is a good fit for them though, the young crazy one that works really well with Fiona's crazy ass.

Buehler445 12-16-2010 05:05 PM

Reminder the finale is on at 8 tonight not 9.
Posted via Mobile Device

Slayer Diablo 12-16-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pedestrian (Post 7249088)

HELL YEAH!!! o:-)

He's here for the completely opposite reason I suspected, but still...

Sassy Squatch 12-16-2010 08:12 PM

I missed the opening 6 minutes. What is Larry doing there?

Slayer Diablo 12-16-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 7264197)
I missed the opening 6 minutes. What is Larry doing there?

Brennan brought Larry in to "help" Michael with the killings...don't worry, though, it'll be on again in an hour so you can see it again.

Very good way to end everything...now it seems about time to jump the shark and give Burn Notice one last awesome season, with the last finale being our epilogue.

Sassy Squatch 12-17-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pedestrian (Post 7264640)
Brennan brought Larry in to "help" Michael with the killings...don't worry, though, it'll be on again in an hour so you can see it again.

Very good way to end everything...now it seems about time to jump the shark and give Burn Notice one last awesome season, with the last finale being our epilogue.

FYI, it's already been in production for 2 more seasons.

SLAG 12-17-2010 01:06 AM

Damn good finale

Too bad they didn't give us a short wait like they did this last time around... :(

Slayer Diablo 12-17-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 7264816)
FYI, it's already been in production for 2 more seasons.

...I hope one of the two doesn't suck.

keg in kc 12-17-2010 05:58 PM

'I'm trying to kill you with my mind."

Best line ever.

Buehler445 12-18-2010 10:47 PM

Finally caught the finale that I had DVRed.

Wow. Good ****ing episode. I'm anxious to see what "being back in..." means.

I really cannot get enough of this show. It is outstanding IMO.

kcxiv 12-18-2010 10:55 PM

Condering we will get the 2 hour movie of Sam Axe's last mission as a navy seal, i am going to guess season 5 has to do with someone trying to Kill Sam. I just think the whole plot is going to be saving Sam.

Sassy Squatch 12-20-2010 12:40 AM

They have a TON of room to work with. The series is pretty much back to square one, and with how successful it has been, it's going to be around for a long time.

SLAG 02-11-2011 02:54 PM

Sam Axe Prequel to air April 17th

http://bit.ly/eW9dyE

Hydrae 02-12-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 7424636)
Sam Axe Prequel to air April 17th

http://bit.ly/eW9dyE

Excellent! Thanks for the link.

kcxiv 02-12-2011 04:55 PM

Yeah, i cant wait for the Fall of Sam Axe to air. Apparently Bruce started working out lost weight and dyed his hair for this role. He should look alot better, he was getting pretty "filled out" the last few years.lol

Frankie 02-12-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7426310)
Apparently Bruce started working out lost weight and dyed his hair for this role.

Appropriate for the prequel. But not so good for the regular series, unless he puts the weight back on rather quickly.

kcxiv 02-13-2011 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7426659)
Appropriate for the prequel. But not so good for the regular series, unless he puts the weight back on rather quickly.

eh, they can just say that he's getting healthy because the doctors made him. It doesnt make or break the series. He's still going to be a drunk.

Buehler445 02-13-2011 09:59 AM

FWIW, Wife and I have the first three series, so we started watching them in our free time. This is a really excellent series. Sometimes I forget how well written it is.

Frankie 02-13-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7426998)
eh, they can just say that he's getting healthy because the doctors made him. It doesnt make or break the series. He's still going to be a drunk.

Yeah, but since we all know about the prequel that explanation would be a difficult sell.

kcxiv 04-18-2011 04:54 PM

Anyone watch the Fall of Sam Axe? did some good ratings numbers for USA. I enjoyed it. Was cheesy at times, but thats what Nix was going for. The ending was great though and the young chick that he teamed up with was smoking hot at the end all dressed up.

Buehler445 04-18-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7574416)
Anyone watch the Fall of Sam Axe? did some good ratings numbers for USA. I enjoyed it. Was cheesy at times, but thats what Nix was going for. The ending was great though and the young chick that he teamed up with was smoking hot at the end all dressed up.

Eh. It was alright. Nothing to the caliber of the episodes. And the normal funny stuff seemed forced.

SLAG 04-18-2011 10:49 PM

I enjoyed it and Loved the cameo scene by Michael...

If you want to watch it USA put the whole thing online:
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/bur.../video/fullep/

:thumb:

J Diddy 04-18-2011 10:50 PM

watched it yesterday and meh

Frankie 06-11-2011 06:47 PM

HEADS-UP:

New episodes start June 23rd.

Buehler445 06-11-2011 06:59 PM

Season 4 is out on DVD.

keg in kc 06-23-2011 02:41 PM

Tonight!

kcxiv 06-23-2011 04:49 PM

Supposedly this takes place 6 months after where it ended off last season. Its not going to be like the previous season where it continued from there. time has passed and i am ready to see what happens.

Hydrae 06-27-2011 07:59 AM

Wow, no comments after the show? I finally got to watch the recorded copy of this season opener yesterday. Looks like the show is on track and I am looking forward to another solid season.

keg in kc 06-27-2011 09:30 AM

Haven't watched yet, going to later today.

Just got through Suits finally. Looks like it could be a decent show.

Lzen 06-27-2011 02:27 PM

I enjoyed it. Looks like the season is starting up well. I noticed Jesse only played a cameo in the season opener. I wonder if he will be used regularly like last year or as just a bit player.

Frankie 06-29-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 7717405)
Wow, no comments after the show? I finally got to watch the recorded copy of this season opener yesterday. Looks like the show is on track and I am looking forward to another solid season.

It was a bit of a letdown for me. I'm sure they are setting something up though.

Spoiler!

kcxiv 06-29-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 7718249)
I enjoyed it. Looks like the season is starting up well. I noticed Jesse only played a cameo in the season opener. I wonder if he will be used regularly like last year or as just a bit player.

I am pretty sure he's part of the show now. He's been on their facebook video's.

keg in kc 06-30-2011 05:53 AM

I enjoyed it. We'll see where the season goes from here.

Lzen 06-30-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7722530)
It was a bit of a letdown for me. I'm sure they are setting something up though.

Spoiler!

Most likely. When I saw that, I thought for sure that CIA guy that Michael is working with had something to do with it. We will see.

Hydrae 07-01-2011 06:28 AM

Great episode last night. I like how they keep involving Mom.

Is Jesse going to be the source for the "jobs" each week? Kind of cumbersome but I suppose they had to change things a bit so the show didn't go stale.

JD10367 07-01-2011 10:11 AM

Gabrielle Anwar gets better with age. I would do such nasty things to that tight little body and those nice lips...

keg in kc 07-01-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 7724705)
Great episode last night. I like how they keep involving Mom.

Mom is by far my least favorite character, but they added some depth to the family.

kcxiv 07-01-2011 05:33 PM

hated the mom in season 1, but she's grown into a bad ass the last few seasons. episode one was meh, episode 2 was awesome. I didnt think they would make him do that to his own mother, but sure enough, they went through it. I was in awe that it actually happened.!

Buehler445 07-01-2011 09:49 PM

I watched the first 2 last night and had forgotten how much I love that show.

Frankie 07-02-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 7726374)
I watched the first 2 last night and had forgotten how much I love that show.

If you had forgotten it then you didn't love it.

SLAG 07-08-2011 04:18 AM

Just Finished the last Episode.

I felt it started off weak but finished strong.. Like bull

Buehler445 07-08-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7727721)
If you had forgotten it then you didn't love it.

Not forgotten it, just the extent to which I love it. It's been awhile so I hadn't been thinking of the idiocynchracies that make the show great.

Frankie 07-10-2011 12:24 AM

This last episode was great. A great rebound from a so-so season opener. The twist was very cool.