ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV How I Met Your Mother (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206892)

DJ's left nut 09-26-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10017226)
The last few seasons have basically drawn out the plot line for Marshall and Lily settling in to parenthood and Barney settling out of a bachelor. Two plot lines that really kill what makes those characters great. That was the point where the show should have started wrapping up. And I still hate the Zooey plotline. What the **** was that? Just another chick to throw in the mix to buy time that did nothing at all to move the story forward.

I'd say that about covers it.

Have him drive off into the sunset with Victoria at the end of Season 5 (instead of 7) and we can call it a day.

Marshall and Lilly just decided to have a baby; Barney showed the beginning of a soul and Mosby met the mother.

The last 3 seasons have just been marking time.

ragedogg69 09-26-2013 05:09 PM

Well considering that the show runners of HIMYM wanted to end it 2 seasons ago, I will say they did a good job of stretching the series out.

From what I read, this is CBS' only show that the average viewer is less than 50 years old. So CBS backed a dump truck full of cash to the show runners and the cast to do another year or two.

chiefzilla1501 09-26-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10022302)
I'd say that about covers it.

Have him drive off into the sunset with Victoria at the end of Season 5 (instead of 7) and we can call it a day.

Marshall and Lilly just decided to have a baby; Barney showed the beginning of a soul and Mosby met the mother.

The last 3 seasons have just been marking time.

You can almost see a really, really compelling conclusion to the show if you take snippets of the last 3 seasons, and combine them into one season. For example... thought episode 1 Monday was effective, and then episode 2 was your typical bullshit story line to stretch the season out. It did nothing for me.

007 09-26-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10022565)
Well considering that the show runners of HIMYM wanted to end it 2 seasons ago, I will say they did a good job of stretching the series out.

From what I read, this is CBS' only show that the average viewer is less than 50 years old. So CBS backed a dump truck full of cash to the show runners and the cast to do another year or two.

So you are telling me the average viewer is 50 or over for Big Bang, 2.5 men and 2 broke girls? Yeah right.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10022669)
So you are telling me the average viewer is 50 or over for Big Bang, 2.5 men and 2 broke girls? Yeah right.

Yeah, that seemed odd to me as well. Add in Survivor and the Amazing Race as well.

Baby Lee 09-26-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

My GOD, was the 2BG premiere atrocious or WHAT?

"I've got big boobs."

"Yeah, well I have a cock."

"Well, I am purny Asian man-boyrr wit hardry a penis at arrr."

whoman69 09-26-2013 09:06 PM

Like many shows the characters are ditching their flaws in order to make them likeable. The worst ever was when Maj. Houlihan was no longer a bitch on MASH. Barney just isn't as funny now that he isn't chasing every skirt out there. The network pulled the string on this show longer than the creators wanted. They knew that once certain things happened the tension between characters that made the show funny would no longer be there. I think they've tried to make Ted even more a caricature of himself. I don't think that's working. Its going to have some dying pains. Like many I think they will make a strong finish when it more resembles how they wanted the show to end anyway.

duncan_idaho 09-27-2013 07:38 AM

When I started watching this show, I settled upon the idea that the last line of the series (or at least Ted's narration) should be "And that's how I met your mother," showing the mother ONLY in a quick shot (kind of like what we saw at the end of Season 8) or a brief scene (like the one on the bus with the mother and Lily) that shows how compatible Ted and the mother are.

I hope they wrap this up well.

Am I right in tracking the timeline that Ted might need to accidentally knock the mother up quickly? Maybe that's why he stays in New York?

whoman69 09-27-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10024141)
When I started watching this show, I settled upon the idea that the last line of the series (or at least Ted's narration) should be "And that's how I met your mother," showing the mother ONLY in a quick shot (kind of like what we saw at the end of Season 8) or a brief scene (like the one on the bus with the mother and Lily) that shows how compatible Ted and the mother are.

Am I right in tracking the timeline that Ted might need to accidentally knock the mother up quickly? Maybe that's why he stays in New York?

I always thought he was telling the story because the mother was not longer with them

ragedogg69 09-27-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

i should say median age. here is what i found a few years ago:

Big Bang Theory 8:00 & 8:30
HH Rating: 8.6 & 8.8(last year: 8.4)
A18-49 Rating: 4.9 & 5.1 (last year: 4.9)
%Male/%Female within 18-49 audience: 47%/53%
Median Age: 50 (last year: 49)
Total Viewers (000): 14,619 avg. (last year: 14.060)

My point still stands. CBS skews older.

ragedogg69 09-27-2013 09:00 AM

Actually it is surprising how much older tv skews in general. check out a young hip show:

Community
HH Rating: 2.5 (last year: 3.7)
A18-49 Rating: 1.7 (last year: 2.2)
%Male/%Female within 18-49 audience: 48%/52%
Median Age: 39 (last year: 41)
Total Viewers (000): 3,928 (last year: 5,009)

I guess a lot of that accounts for younger people watch tv shows online more so than on TV. I know I watch all my network shows online and I am 29.

chiefzilla1501 09-27-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Supposedly, "old Ted" is going to play a bigger role in the later episodes (not played by Bob Saget). Opens up a lot of interesting possibilities. I think it's been discussed for a while, so I feel like the show always had an ending in mind, which hopefully increases likelihood the ending will be good.

listopencil 09-27-2013 06:06 PM

So does everyone agree that this Ted guy is a douche?

DaneMcCloud 09-27-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10025411)
So does everyone agree that this Ted guy is a douche?

Since 2007? Yes, I agree.

I thought the first few seasons were brilliant and since then, it's been garbage.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Laugh track? Really?

listopencil 09-27-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10025476)
Since 2007? Yes, I agree.

I thought the first few seasons were brilliant and since then, it's been garbage.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Laugh track? Really?

I did see it a few times when my wife would watch it with my kids. I found most of the characters to be amusing enough. NPH is great. Alyson Hannigan is just sexy as hell. The female Canadian friend and Hannigan's husband have their moments. Ted is just a horrible character. He kills the funny.

Discuss Thrower 09-28-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

I think they foreshadowed their visit to Farhampton in May 2014 as the origin point for the Daughter (who is smoking hot now FTW).

Baby Lee 10-22-2013 09:19 PM

What the Damn Hell?!?!?

Chiefspants 10-22-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10115410)
What the Damn Hell?!?!?

What went down?

Discuss Thrower 10-22-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10115415)
What went down?

A lot of filler episodes. The whole bit with Marshall and Daphne in the Hummer is a LOT less funny when you realize it's only happening because Jason Segel wanted nothing to do with a ninth season of the show but went along with it anyway.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the filler because it's the last new material the show will have ever. Monday's ep was okay for what it was as a filler -better than the last handful. The bit player blonde was cute and the gag wasn't incredibly played out and the show returned to form with the over-the-top visual/story elements, especially with the "WHAT THE DAMN HELL?" lines.

Baby Lee 10-22-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10115435)
A lot of filler episodes. The whole bit with Marshall and Daphne in the Hummer is a LOT less funny when you realize it's only happening because Jason Segel wanted nothing to do with a ninth season of the show but went along with it anyway.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the filler because it's the last new material the show will have ever. Monday's ep was okay for what it was as a filler -better than the last handful. The bit player blonde was cute and the gag wasn't incredibly played out and the show returned to form with the over-the-top visual/story elements, especially with the "WHAT THE DAMN HELL?" lines.

Anna Camp [bit player blonde] is a bit more than cute. She's one of those 'how did humans ever evolve this far' hot hot HOT humans. She's one of those you put on a pedestal and look at, too beautiful to mar with mere human contact. Even as the contemptible Sarah Newlins on True Blood, she was a certified piece of ass.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10115660)
Anna Camp [bit player blonde] is a bit more than cute. She's one of those 'how did humans ever evolve this far' hot hot HOT humans. She's one of those you put on a pedestal and look at, too beautiful to mar with mere human contact. Even as the contemptible Sarah Newlins on True Blood, she was a certified piece of ass.

Yeah, our taste in women isn't even remotely the same

Discuss Thrower 10-22-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10115675)
Yeah, our taste in women isn't even remotely the same

She resembles a bizzaro world Kristen Bell. NTTAWWT.

ragedogg69 10-23-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10115435)

Yeah, is it true that he was the last to hold out and they are filming all of these hummer scenes together so he can pursue his movie career? I read that was the only way to get him to sign on.

He had a pretty good joke about HIMYM in This is the End.

ragedogg69 11-01-2013 10:40 AM

I knew CBS could not let their only under 50 skewing show die:

CBS Will Finally Answer ‘How I Met Your Father’ With A ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Spinoff

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/10/cbs...#ixzz2jPeHDaFw

Only thing I like about it is the same people from HIMYM, Carter and Bays and Spivey, who has a solid writing background. Certainly has more promise than the god awful "The Millers".

whoman69 11-02-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10146499)
I knew CBS could not let their only under 50 skewing show die:

CBS Will Finally Answer ‘How I Met Your Father’ With A ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Spinoff

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/10/cbs...#ixzz2jPeHDaFw

Only thing I like about it is the same people from HIMYM, Carter and Bays and Spivey, who has a solid writing background. Certainly has more promise than the god awful "The Millers".

This couldn't possibly die in a fiery crash

Baby Lee 11-02-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10148548)
This couldn't possibly die in a fiery crash

Three words

That 80s show

Two more

The Ropers

One more

AfterMASH

Red Brooklyn 11-02-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10148561)
Three words

That 80s show

Two more

The Ropers

One more

AfterMASH

LMAO

But then you got Frasier which ****s everything up and skews the opposite direction. And everyone thinks they can do it, too!

Red Brooklyn 11-02-2013 07:48 AM

I mean, I guess the good news here, if there is any, is that it will revolve around an entirely new group of people. So at least it won't be, like, How Claudia Met Stuart. Or anything like that.

Baby Lee 11-02-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 10148573)
I mean, I guess the good news here, if there is any, is that it will revolve around an entirely new group of people. So at least it won't be, like, How Claudia Met Stuart. Or anything like that.

That's actually the part that worries me.

Don't know how much I would have stuck with HIMYM without Cobie, Willow, Doogie, et al.

whoman69 11-02-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10148561)
Three words

That 80s show

Two more

The Ropers

One more

AfterMASH

I thought the Ropers lasted a couple of years.

whoman69 11-02-2013 11:46 AM

Should we be waiting for the other sequels "How I Met Your Other Mother" "How I Met Your Other Father"?

Discuss Thrower 11-02-2013 11:49 AM

A HIMYF show could work of you give enough a cool-down period.. Like wait for 2015 (ten year anniversary of the original starting zomg) and hopefully have a little bit more of a sustained arc (IE avoiding a backup Mother situation with Victoria or Stella).

But that just isn't very likely, is it.

Baby Lee 11-02-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10148886)
I thought the Ropers lasted a couple of years.

6 ep first year, full order the next. But I don't know how many aired in that second.

I only ever saw a couple episodes in Cuban's HDNet, which should tell you how late I came to that party.

IIRC, That 80s show actually had a decent # of episodes air, it just had the stench of death from the beginning.

Red Brooklyn 11-02-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10148626)
That's actually the part that worries me.

Don't know how much I would have stuck with HIMYM without Cobie, Willow, Doogie, et al.

Oh, totally. It's the characters that kept me coming back and endeared the show to me.

They probably can't recapture that magic a second time. But I'd rather see them try with a new crop of characters than poach existing ones and force a story around them.

Either way, I'm not sure this thing is a good idea.

Red Brooklyn 11-02-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10148897)
A HIMYF show could work of you give enough a cool-down period.. Like wait for 2015 (ten year anniversary of the original starting zomg) and hopefully have a little bit more of a sustained arc (IE avoiding a backup Mother situation with Victoria or Stella).

But that just isn't very likely, is it.

Maybe, but probably not.

It would be nice if they could go into this with an end date. Whether it's five seasons or ten. But again.... not very likely.

Discuss Thrower 11-05-2013 01:25 AM

Welp. Tonight there was an A-story that people probably didn't care about with a forced ending, a B-story that seemed cheap until the end and the C-story that is ostensibly what everyone is sitting down to watch but was rewarded with a green screen and possible continuity issues.

But Anna Camp was in it, and Allyson Hannigan was looking good in her attire too. People complain about how models and actresses distort healthy views of what women look like with photoshop and the like on their side and it should get a lot worse with how good a woman over 30 after birthing two children looked tonight. I'm a homer for Hannigan, sure -I have a weakness for redheads- but I mean she looked a lot better in her role as Lily than she has in the last year or so.

Silock 11-05-2013 01:34 AM

This show sucks now. I'm only watching it because of some perceived obligation to finish what I started.

Mr. Plow 11-06-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10161676)
This show sucks now. I'm only watching it because of some perceived obligation to finish what I started.

Yup. Watched the Monday episode last night and all I could think was that I had literally just wasted a half hour of my life. Is there any possibility we can convince them to just show us the last episode and be done with it?

cabletech94 11-06-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10165109)
Yup. Watched the Monday episode last night and all I could think was that I had literally just wasted a half hour of my life. Is there any possibility we can convince them to just show us the last episode and be done with it?

oh come on. "i'll ketchup with you later"! instant classic!

Red Brooklyn 11-06-2013 02:37 PM

Not that it's saying much, but this past episode is my favorite of the season, so far. I really loved it, despite it's choppier moments. It got back to a lot of what endeared this show to me in the first place.

Discuss Thrower 11-17-2013 03:43 PM

CBS just gave the green light for a How I Met Your Father pilot. So there's that. Guarantee this show's version of Robin is a gay/bisexual dude. Just have that feeling.

Anyway, the Lighthouse was a decent episode even though it suffered from atrocious use of green screen, and Monday's episode kind of felt cheap because
Spoiler!

1) While I think it's an interesting move to thread the character into the cast / story, having her be such an important figure into the plot in retrospect feels like a jump-the-shark situation.

2) They set up a joke with Barney's line and didn't bother using the laugh track so it just felt awkward and kind of a slap in the face. Look, we all know Ted's the most pathetically written sitcom lead of all time but now the showrunners are just trolling the audience at this point.

Silock 11-18-2013 10:09 PM

**** THIS SHOW.

Discuss Thrower 11-19-2013 02:04 PM

Well tell us how you really feel Silock.

Last night's episode turned out to be better than I had imagined after seeing the promos from last week. Outside of the "moral of the story" move that further cements Ted as a pathetically written character, his Detective Mosby plot was enjoyable and they correctly used Zabka as more than just a fixed point of a running joke. The biggest take away from last night is they've finally wrapped up Marshall's Driving Miss Daphne subplot in typical sitcom fashion with a happy ending. Hooray.

Still needs moar Mother though.

Mr. Plow 11-20-2013 08:30 AM

Monday's episode made me wonder if finishing this show out is worth it.

BigMeatballDave 11-20-2013 09:09 AM

This season is just awful.

Baby Lee 11-20-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10206762)

Until they put Robin and Lily in Burkas, I'll stick around.

007 11-20-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10206762)

I thought it was a decent ep. Made me laugh and that is all I am really looking for.

Mr. Plow 11-29-2013 05:50 PM

Really, this has been a horrible season. I couldn't finish the rhyming episode.

Chiefspants 11-29-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10232627)

The mother should have been Barney's sister.

The show should have ended last year.

This season has been a trainwreck into a dumpster fire.

chiefzilla1501 11-29-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10232627)

Seriously.

The show has mostly sucked when they try to not focus on the mother. The Barney and robin storyline is boring, even worse when the writers hammer you in the face with it.

unlurking 11-30-2013 09:58 AM

Guess I should be glad I haven't seen an episode in years.

Lex Luthor 11-30-2013 11:32 AM

It's just amazing to me that a show that was great for so many years is so horrifically bad this year. They'd have been better off writing Jason Segal out of the show than forcing us to endure the train wreck of him and Daphne in the Hummer. And it's incredibly boring to watch episode after episode set in the lobby of the hotel getting ready for the wedding.

And worst of all, the mother that we've been waiting for all of these years looks like a plainer version of Lilly. Zoey should have been the mother.

ragedogg69 11-30-2013 01:33 PM

Ugh, I hated Zoey. Look the show runners wanted to end this 2 years ago. They went into last year with this wedding weekend as the shows final episodes. Now CBS gave them a bag of money for this season and they stretched a plot of 2 or 3 episodes into 24. That is amazing. I am surprised it isnt worse.

They have been playing with fire creatively for years and it finally burned them this year.

whoman69 12-01-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10233833)
It's just amazing to me that a show that was great for so many years is so horrifically bad this year. They'd have been better off writing Jason Segal out of the show than forcing us to endure the train wreck of him and Daphne in the Hummer. And it's incredibly boring to watch episode after episode set in the lobby of the hotel getting ready for the wedding.

And worst of all, the mother that we've been waiting for all of these years looks like a plainer version of Lilly. Zoey should have been the mother.

Probably couldn't afford her in the long run. She built up quite a rep on House.

Baby Lee 12-17-2013 05:01 PM

Really satisfying home stretch ep.

Last five minutes or so had me in mind of this, and the room was getting a little bit dusty

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...49kHGaEkXf9BJN

DJ's left nut 12-17-2013 05:32 PM

I thought the rehearsal dinner one was a solid episode. One of the few in some time.

Baby Lee 12-17-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10235791)
Probably couldn't afford her in the long run. She built up quite a rep on House.

Is Once Upon A Time actually pulling in more $$ than HIMYM?

Buehler445 12-17-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10288328)
Is Once Upon A Time actually pulling in more $$ than HIMYM?

Ugh. My wife watches that shitfest of a show.

Baby Lee 12-17-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10288347)
Ugh. My wife watches that shitfest of a show.

Piggybacking off HIMYM and shitfest references, it surprises me that, of all things, Eric Andre is more redeeming on 2BG than Mary Lynn Rajskub?

Who'd'a thunk?

ragedogg69 12-17-2013 06:38 PM

this most recent episode should have been the 3rd or 4th episode of the season. All the ones before it was just filler. Great episode in comparison.

Silock 12-18-2013 12:24 AM

Last night's episode was the only one I can remember liking in a LONG time.

007 12-18-2013 12:31 AM

Yeah, this was the first ep in a quite a while that I was actually laughing out loud a little.

Discuss Thrower 12-18-2013 12:53 AM

Surprise surprise. They actually do a little bit of character development and people like the show.

Chiefspants 12-18-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10289467)
Surprise surprise. They actually do a little bit of character development and people like the show.

Kind of hard from them to do that when they chain their final 24-26 episodes to 56 hours.

Yeah, I'm still mad about it.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2013 10:50 AM

Did anyone actually watch that rhyming episode?

We had 4 weeks saved up on the DVR and I made it through about 4 minutes of that before I skipped to the end, saw he was still on the bus and hit delete.

I'm presuming I didn't miss anything and in the process retained a fair amount of sanity, yes?

Discuss Thrower 12-18-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10290112)

We had 4 weeks saved up on the DVR and I made it through about 4 minutes of that before I skipped to the end, saw he was still on the bus and hit delete.

I'm presuming I didn't miss anything and in the process retained a fair amount of sanity, yes?

Rehearsal dinner ep wasn't bad

Mr. Plow 12-18-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

I watched it. I couldn't tell you what happened outside of some stupid ass stories in rhyme form. I may have fell asleep, or zoned out, or starting ramming my head into the wall - I can't remember.

Haven't watched the newest one. You guys have given me a little hope that it's decent.

Baby Lee 12-18-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10290283)
I watched it. I couldn't tell you what happened outside of some stupid ass stories in rhyme form. I may have fell asleep, or zoned out, or starting ramming my head into the wall - I can't remember.

Haven't watched the newest one. You guys have given me a little hope that it's decent.

It took a few minutes where the sight of the newly bearded Rannells had my mind picturing Andrew Sullivan moaning in bearish ecstasy to recalibrate, but it rounds out nicely starting with the appearance of Mother.

ragedogg69 12-18-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

I fell asleep.

jiveturkey 12-18-2013 01:18 PM

This show remains on the DVR list but has been relegated to dinner making time or iPad game playing time.

I catch about 5% of it.

ragedogg69 12-19-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10290708)
to dinner making time...

I catch about 5% of it.

This reminds me of what a CSI writer said an executive told him. He had to dumb down every script he submitted because they had to be easy enough to follow, that a housewife doing the dishes with her back to the TV could follow. It made me mad reading that, but every once in a while I find myself doing just that. So it kinda makes sense. Most cable shows do not allow that.

Baby Lee 12-19-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10292848)
This reminds me of what a CSI writer said an executive told him. He had to dumb down every script he submitted because they had to be easy enough to follow, that a housewife doing the dishes with her back to the TV could follow. It made me mad reading that, but every once in a while I find myself doing just that. So it kinda makes sense. Most cable shows do not allow that.

I find myself occasionally caught flat-footed when a exposition-heavy show all of the sudden goes montage and I'm in another room wondering what's going on.

I usually don't back-burner stupid shows, I back burner exposition heavy shows, such as legal procedurals, L&O and the like. 'Dumb' shows like like CSI too regularly go to montage for the evidence collection and analysis, so you miss most of the value of the show if you just key into the summation 10 minutes later. The interest is visual as they lay out the investigative techniques, and you miss all that doing dishes.

Discuss Thrower 01-20-2014 08:26 PM

Shit just got real man...

Spoiler!

BourbonMan 01-20-2014 09:41 PM

Great episode...I thought last weeks was great too.

Discuss Thrower 01-20-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 10383953)
Great episode...I thought last weeks was great too.

I thought it was kind slappapointing but it did make me laugh so it served it's purpose. This week's though... damn. The Marshall - Lily plotline worked out the way it should've outside of the end because it opens up the possibility of something jumping-the-shark worthy.

And I don't care if she's a cross between Alyson Hannigan and Cobie Smulders... Cristin Millioti might be my dream girl.

ragedogg69 01-21-2014 10:19 PM

I am fully on team Marshall.

Discuss Thrower 01-22-2014 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10386486)
I am fully on team Marshall.

:rockon:

kcxiv 01-22-2014 02:17 AM

they ever reveal the mother? i quit watching this a while back, because it went from one of my favorite tv shows, to one of my most hated. lol

007 01-22-2014 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10386679)
they ever reveal the mother? i quit watching this a while back, because it went from one of my favorite tv shows, to one of my most hated. lol

yes. first episode of this season. Getting flash forwards now.

Mr. Plow 01-22-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10386679)

Outside of the mother reveal at the very beginning of the season, the first half as worthless to watch. I have a feeling the final episodes will be decent enough to watch - basically just saved up everything good and put them into the final half of the season. I'm hoping anyway. This Monday's episode was decent - I enjoyed it.

Team Marshall!