ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Deberg_1990 11-09-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7161975)
No kidding. The
Spoiler!
scene was easily as gruesome as anything I've seen in a rated "R" movie.

Heres what made that scene great and sets this show apart as a cut above:
Spoiler!

siberian khatru 11-10-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7161975)
No kidding. The
Spoiler!
scene was easily as gruesome as anything I've seen in a rated "R" movie.

I agree with that and the idea of the smell. I was recoiling during that scene.

But you know what really impressed me about it? I don't think I've ever seen that in a zombie movie before, and I've seen a bunch. It's hard to do something original in that genre, and it appears they did.

Bowser 11-10-2010 11:43 AM

That was one scene the stole straight out of the comics. A little more harsh when seen in livnig color, lol.

Buck 11-10-2010 07:26 PM

A few things about the earlier discussion.

I'm pretty sure in the comics, Glen mentions to Rick that the reason he is so deep into downtown Atlanta is that all the stuff on the outskirts has already been foraged.

Also, the fact that the Zombies could climb fences (and ladders?) is stupid. I think a few were even running! They never did that in the comic. Those are more like the 28 Days Later style of "Zombies." I put that in quotes because I still contend that the "zombies" in 28 days later weren't zombies.

KcMizzou 11-10-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7163663)

I'm pretty sure in the comics, Glen mentions to Rick that the reason he is so deep into downtown Atlanta is that all the stuff on the outskirts has already been foraged.

Also, the fact that the Zombies could climb fences (and ladders?) is stupid. I think a few were even running! They never did that in the comic. Those are more like the 28 Days Later style of "Zombies." I put that in quotes because I still contend that the "zombies" in 28 days later weren't zombies.

I, too, prefer the traditional slow, lumbering zombies.

Sure, they're easy to take out one at a time. What makes them frightening is the massive hordes of them... the inevitabilty of it all.

blaise 11-10-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7163663)

I think they tried to explain the fast moving zombies, sort of, in one of the scenes with the father and son. The dad said something like, "When there's just one they're no problem, but when they get together they move faster" or something like that. I don't mind the climbing fences in Walking Dead because I think, for the most part, they're lumbering zombies.
And no, the people in 28 Days Later aren't zombies.
As far as downtown Atlanta- I don't think you'd ever reach it if the urban areas were as zombie infested as they show downtown to be. But I choose not to care really. You have to suspend disbelief somewhat to enjoy it. You also wouldn't have your neck shaved and a trimmed beard when you awoke from a coma, either, but whatever. I just don't worry about it.

Bowser 11-11-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7163809)
I, too, prefer the traditional slow, lumbering zombies.

Sure, they're easy to take out one at a time. What makes them frightening is the massive hordes of them... the inevitabilty of it all.

Herds. Hopefully, they pull a scene of a zombie herd from the books......

cookster50 11-11-2010 09:38 AM

I see it was picked up for a second season of 13 episodes. The crappy thing is this season is only 6 episodes.

bevischief 11-14-2010 10:27 AM

Here is a review for tonight's episode.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47442

irishjayhawk 11-14-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 7164381)
I see it was picked up for a second season of 13 episodes. The crappy thing is this season is only 6 episodes.

This is for anyone who has read the books.

Are the 6 episodes this season spanning all of the books? That is, have they spent all the source material in the 6 episodes they got initially and will be making original decisions in the next season?

NewChief 11-14-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7169858)

Are the 6 episodes this season spanning all of the books? That is, have they spent all the source material in the 6 episodes they got initially and will be making original decisions in the next season?

From where I heard the last one ended, they haven't even gotten through Vol. I yet. There are 13 volumes in the comics so far.

Buck 11-14-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7169858)

The first season will end where the first TPB ends (supposedly). There are 13 TPBs to this point.

There are 78 issues of the comic so far and so far the TV show has gotten to about issue 2.

The TV show WILL NEVER catch up to the current point in the book, IMO.

cabletech94 11-14-2010 04:51 PM

i'm sure it's been posted already, so here's a repost:

picked up for season 2. 13 episode run.

natch!

Buck 11-15-2010 02:28 AM

NOW THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE

The ****ing music in the background near the end was awesome too.

Shane accidentally Ed.

Merle accidentally his hand.

Man o man I wonder what happened to Merle.

Shogun 11-15-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7173790)

Shane accidentally Ed.

lmao. dude had to have jumped

Buck 11-15-2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7173801)
lmao. dude had to have jumped

He couldn't have gone down the stairwell, that's for sure.

Maybe there is a fire escape or something.

Shogun 11-15-2010 04:15 AM

I was wondering that as well. Also. The handcuffs looked unscathed. He probably could have sawed through those instead... you know.. save his hand and what not.

Buck 11-15-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7173808)
I was wondering that as well. Also. The handcuffs looked unscathed. He probably could have sawed through those instead... you know.. save his hand and what not.

I don't think he was thinking straight. I'm pretty sure that he was going through withdrawals from the drugs that Rick took from him.

Shogun 11-15-2010 04:21 AM

Yeah, the way he was talking, he definitely wasn't right in his head. His favorite movie was probably Saw. All in all I'm very pleased with what they've been able to do on AMC. This is such a great series and I really wasn't expecting much, I don't watch AMC enough to know if their shows are always this good. Also happy to hear that its getting another season and still breaking records. This is easily my most anticipated show, I'm always really excited to watch it, it has surpassed me need for Dexter and Weeds.

Buck 11-15-2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7173811)
Yeah, the way he was talking, he definitely wasn't right in his head. His favorite movie was probably Saw. All in all I'm very pleased with what they've been able to do on AMC. This is such a great series and I really wasn't expecting much, I don't watch AMC enough to know if their shows are always this good. Also happy to hear that its getting another season and still breaking records. This is easily my most anticipated show, I'm always really excited to watch it, it has surpassed me need for Dexter and Weeds.

Drop everything and start watching Breaking Bad.

I heard Kirkman wrote episode 4. Looking forward to that.

DenverChief 11-15-2010 05:47 AM

Best show evar. I see the "intelligence" as just basic primal instinct, using rocks, climbing, etc. The Dawn of the dead movie allowed for "intelligence" when the dead wanted into the mall because it was familiar. Also the zombies ran in this movie

cookster50 11-15-2010 08:32 PM

When the family was reunited, my allergies started kickin in........

In all seriousness, once this show is over in hopefully 10 years from now, I'll have to pick up the comics.

irishjayhawk 11-15-2010 09:05 PM

It was a fantastic episode last night.

The music really, really nailed it. During the reunion (which should be cliche), all cylinders were firing. Music, acting, directing, everything. During the ending, the music turned everything up a notch.

Also, slightly underrated and might bring some good scenarios to light is Norman Reedus.

Deberg_1990 11-15-2010 09:48 PM

I miss my vibrator....

I miss mine too...

Great stuff.

Buck 11-15-2010 09:57 PM

I thought Carol looked familiar so I looked her up and she is also from The Mist. She played the lady who had 2 kids and stayed in the house and then somewhere around the end was on a truck.

Deberg_1990 11-15-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7176068)
I thought Carol looked familiar so I looked her up and she is also from The Mist. She played the lady who had 2 kids and stayed in the house and then somewhere around the end was on a truck.

Yea, i keep waiting for Brian Libby to show up....Hes a no name actor, but you would recognize him if you saw him.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0508742/

Fairplay 11-21-2010 07:40 PM

That guy with the bow and arrow set is going to infect others by pulling it out of the infected, then shooting animals to eat for food you watch and see.

Also when a group of them did a beat down on that poor zombie eating that deer all of them had no blood splattered on them i was like, yeah right.

Real good series that you can kill off some cast members and replace with new ones.

Fairplay 11-21-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7164101)
You have to suspend disbelief somewhat to enjoy it. You also wouldn't have your neck shaved and a trimmed beard when you awoke from a coma, either, but whatever. I just don't worry about it.

Yeah, i was watching Aliens 2 the other day and the group on the spacecraft awoke from their months of sleep and didn't have to shave either but little things like that i just have to shrug off.

irishjayhawk 11-21-2010 10:08 PM

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

kchero 11-21-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 7190007)
That guy with the bow and arrow set is going to infect others by pulling it out of the infected, then shooting animals to eat for food you watch and see.

Also when a group of them did a beat down on that poor zombie eating that deer all of them had no blood splattered on them i was like, yeah right.

Real good series that you can kill off some cast members and replace with new ones.

Ha, they did that tonight. Excellent show...too bad only 2 episodes left for the season. My theory is Murel (the handless guy) led the zombies to their camp.

Dunit35 11-21-2010 10:14 PM

Small end SPOILER

Great episode. The redneck with that shotgun....I want that gun, it was extremely quiet and no kick to it. That part made us lol.

Fairplay 11-21-2010 10:17 PM

If anyone sees a dude walking around with just one hand, then thats my bro. You got that?

Buck 11-22-2010 12:00 AM

You could tell that episode was directed by Kirkman (althought IMDB says it wasn't, he told me personally at Comic-Con that he was directing episode 4). That episode felt a lot like the comic, much more than any of the other episodes so far. It was great.

That scene where they were sitting by the fire was almost directly from the comic. The only reason you could say it wasn't was because some of the new characters who weren't in the book, and I think Dale wasn't talking about a watch (could be wrong...).

Buck 11-22-2010 12:07 AM

Oh, and where did Merle go?

Shogun 11-22-2010 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7190918)
Oh, and where did Merle go?

Hopefully to KC to play NT.

Great episode. I was at the edge of my seat at the end when the Zombies invaded camp. Was definitely the defining moment of the rest of the season, IMO.

Deberg_1990 11-24-2010 08:37 AM

Great episode the other night. Im really starting to like Daryl alot....

Loved all the stuff with the "Vatos" and how they flipped the sterotype on its head. Didnt see that coming at all.

Killer ending with the attack.

Wheres Merel??

Could the crew really walk back from downtown Atlanta to the suburbs that fast??

blaise 11-24-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7194610)
Great episode the other night. Im really starting to like Daryl alot....

Loved all the stuff with the "Vatos" and how they flipped the sterotype on its head. Didnt see that coming at all.

Killer ending with the attack.

Wheres Merel??

Could the crew really walk back from downtown Atlanta to the suburbs that fast??

I'm thinking the dead followed Merle back somehow.

Fairplay 11-24-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Well, this is a test series for AMC. I would surmise the network only gave them so much money to work with and they had to make the best of it. Since it is going over well and a second season planned more money should be free to make it more realistic.
One moment in the country then, they are in the city, no inbetweens was kind of funny actually.

Sadly, season two won't be until Oct. 2011.

Deberg_1990 11-24-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 7194637)
Well, this is a test series for AMC. I would surmise the network only gave them so much money to work with and they had to make the best of it. Since it is going over well and a second season planned more money should be free to make it more realistic.
One moment in the country then, they are in the city, no inbetweens was kind of funny actually.

I was half joking.....not a big deal to me anyways....i understand there is always dramatic and artistic license in any TV show.

Heres another....why are they always going back into the big city where its more densely populated with zombies? Why not go check out the suburbs with Lowes and Wal Mart?

blaise 11-24-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 7194637)

October 2011? Is that right? Holy crap that's a long time.

Fairplay 11-24-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7194643)
I was half joking.....not a big deal to me anyways....i understand there is always dramatic and artistic license in any TV show.

Heres another....why are they always going back into the big city where its more densely populated with zombies? Why not go check out the suburbs with Lowes and Wal Mart?

Yes i knew you were joking. Also i thought there would be hundreds of cars, trucks, suvs that any of them could grab to drive back with. Instead they hoofed it back to their zombie invaded camp.

Either you are in the city or the woods, no inbetweens. That is the rule.

siberian khatru 11-24-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Maybe.

That rock quarry they're at really exists -- it's just off I-85, about a couple of miles SW of the airport.

The airport is less than 10 miles from downtown. Now, where did they leave the truck? Which railroad track is that? I don't know.

So let's say they left the truck a mile from downtown. That means they were less than 10 miles from the camp. If they averaged about 3 mph, it would take about 20 minutes to walk a mile. If they were 8 miles away, it would've taken them about 2 1/2 hours to get to the camp.

When did they start walking from the truck site? What time did the zombie attack occur?

bevischief 11-24-2010 03:29 PM

After dark.

bowener 11-24-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7173790)

Shane accidentally Ed.

This is something I have wondered for a while, and this show brought it back up...
Spoiler!

bowener 11-24-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7194680)
October 2011? Is that right? Holy crap that's a long time.

Not really. It started in Oct. 2010. Honestly, that is a pretty quick turnaround for a show that has hour long episodes. It just means you will have a 6 month wait from the end of season 1 to that start of season 2.

edit:
Just remembered that there are only 6 episodes in season 1. Teasing bastards. Yes, it is a bit of a wait then.

bowener 11-24-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 7194874)
Maybe.

That rock quarry they're at really exists -- it's just off I-85, about a couple of miles SW of the airport.

The airport is less than 10 miles from downtown. Now, where did they leave the truck? Which railroad track is that? I don't know.

So let's say they left the truck a mile from downtown. That means they were less than 10 miles from the camp. If they averaged about 3 mph, it would take about 20 minutes to walk a mile. If they were 8 miles away, it would've taken them about 2 1/2 hours to get to the camp.

When did they start walking from the truck site? What time did the zombie attack occur?

Average human walks close to 5 mph. They looked like they were in a hurry... FWIW.

I did wonder why they didn't just take one of thousands of cars nearby.

DenverChief 11-29-2010 04:29 AM

oh em gee that was an awesome episode

bevischief 11-29-2010 06:49 PM

I wonder is this going to the CDC is going to replace the taking of prison?

Buck 11-29-2010 06:51 PM

Spoilers bevis!

And I doubt it. It definitely could though. I just dont see them straying away from that particular storyline.

bevischief 11-29-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7210962)
Spoilers bevis!

And I doubt it. It definitely could though. I just dont see them straying away from that particular storyline.

Well it does kind of fit, a secure location and all.

Buck 11-29-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 7210976)
Well it does kind of fit, a secure location and all.

Yeah but its not as good because....

Spoiler!

bevischief 11-29-2010 07:12 PM

But the building they are in is more secure, so we will see on Sunday.

Buck 11-29-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 7211013)
But the building they are in is more secure, so we will see on Sunday.

Thats my point exactly. It makes sense for them to stay there, but its for the benefit of an interesting storyline for them to not stay there.

Dunit35 11-29-2010 07:18 PM

We loved the sister scene. Fantastic

aturnis 11-29-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7211029)
We loved the sister scene. Fantastic

Got a mouse in your pocket?

kaplin42 11-30-2010 11:12 AM

Spoiler!

cookster50 11-30-2010 02:45 PM

Eh, I know it was supposed to be bringing out the humanity, etc, etc, but the first 35 minutes of that episode was predictable and drawn out. To be honest, I'd probably be fine with it if this was a longer season, but it seemed like a waste of an episode when there are only 6 this season.

blaise 11-30-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 7213006)
Eh, I know it was supposed to be bringing out the humanity, etc, etc, but the first 35 minutes of that episode was predictable and drawn out. To be honest, I'd probably be fine with it if this was a longer season, but it seemed like a waste of an episode when there are only 6 this season.

Yeah, that was the weakest episode so far, in my opinion. I suppose they had to do some of that stuff at some point, but I was thinking something similar. Like- there's only this episode and one more and then nothing for a year. This is a waste of half an episode.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-30-2010 03:02 PM

is there gonna be a 2 season?

Buck 11-30-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haydenchiefs101 (Post 7213078)

Yes

cookster50 12-01-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haydenchiefs101 (Post 7213078)

Also, 13 episodes I believe, so twice as nice!

Bowser 12-01-2010 12:28 PM

Just finished reading the 13th graphic novel. MUCH better than the twelfth. Looks like hell's on the way in the next story......

Buck 12-01-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7215772)
Just finished reading the 13th graphic novel. MUCH better than the twelfth. Looks like hell's on the way in the next story......

YEP!

Issue 79 is due out today and Issue 80 is the beginning of the "No Way Out Saga."

Super excited.

KcMizzou 12-01-2010 01:34 PM

Darabont fired the entire writing staff from season 1.

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=25386

siberian khatru 12-01-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7215926)
Darabont fired the entire writing staff from season 1.

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=25386

This pic needed to be posted from that site:

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownew...-callies-2.jpg

kaplin42 12-01-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 7216416)

I saw this too, and was wondering who that was. If the next gen zombies look like that, we're doomed.

irishjayhawk 12-01-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 7216418)
I saw this too, and was wondering who that was. If the next gen zombies look like that, we're doomed.

I could be wrong but the face looks like Sarah Wayne Calles. But the hair and body are throwing me off. Different color and didn't realize she had that body, if it's her, respectively.

KcMizzou 12-01-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7216558)
I could be wrong but the face looks like Sarah Wayne Calles. But the hair and body are throwing me off. Different color and didn't realize she had that body, if it's her, respectively.

That's her. She cleans up nicely.

keg in kc 12-05-2010 07:57 AM

Just a heads up, AMC is airing the whole first season as a marathon this afternoon leading up to the finale tonight.

Tylerthigpen!1! 12-05-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 7216416)

Instant chub material.

CHENZ A! 12-05-2010 08:59 PM

bout to watch some cool zombie shit right herr an drank white russians an enjoya CHIEFS WIN

irishjayhawk 12-05-2010 10:02 PM

Loved that finale.

Some quick thoughts:

Norman Reedus has been a tremendous addition. I hope he's upgraded to regular.

Noah Emmerich was superbly cast and I'm sad to see him go.

The score is awesome and what's more is it's expertly used. Sometimes not at all and when it is it's always fitting.

Even cable can't afford good CGI. It's the plague of television.

ohiobronco2 12-05-2010 10:54 PM

What did the scientist say to Rick Grimes? Any ideas?

Buck 12-06-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 (Post 7230989)

I'm guessing he told him of some rumored safe haven or something. Too bad we won't know for a year.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise 12-06-2010 07:26 AM

If I were them I'd try to go out to someplace like Jekyll Island and try and de-zombie the island and then isolate it from the mainland.

OmahaChief 12-06-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7230745)
Loved that finale.

Even cable can't afford good CGI. It's the plague of television.

That was one cheesy looking explosion. It was on par with Saturday Night live McGruber explosions.

btlook1 12-06-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 (Post 7230989)

I'm betting he told him that his wife was preggo and that it wasn't his...he did take blood from all of them at the start.

Buck 12-06-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btlook1 (Post 7231824)
I'm betting he told him that his wife was preggo and that it wasn't his...he did take blood from all of them at the start.

OOOOH Good Guess

Pants 12-06-2010 11:19 AM

So are we just to assume that Merle is dead?

Buck 12-06-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7231848)
So are we just to assume that Merle is dead?

No. The Actor signed a deal to show up in Season 2 a few weeks back.