ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

whoman69 07-23-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760779)
It's speculation that Pioli who gave Cassel 63 million dollars wouldn't favor him? Really?

Yeah he signed because he got a 5 million dollar signing bonus.

I think the interest in Peyton Manning played a role. Orton was pretty much out the door by the time the Chiefs relegated themselves to be out of the Manning sweepstakes. Personally I think that in a fair competition Orton blows Cassel away, but he's so horrible in the red zone that its probably a good thing he's in Dallas.

King_Chief_Fan 07-23-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760788)
JFC, you are a ****ing moron.

IF Kyle Orton WANTED to be a STARTING QB, he would have competed with Cassel or WAITED until a STARTING POSITION was available elsewhere.

PERIOD.

His actions PROVE that he was CONTENT with being a backup. NO ONE FORCED HIM TO SIGN A CONTRACT.

Is it just me or did you somehow become dumber in my absence?

well what do you know...the ex resident know it all has returned to reclaim his throne......you are now less relavant than ever...you went crying out of here because someone called you a name and had the nerve to return. can't wait until you leave again

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 8761684)
well what do you know...the ex resident know it all has returned to reclaim his throne......you are now less relavant than ever...you went crying out of here because someone called you a name and had the nerve to return. can't wait until you leave again

U mad?

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 8761684)

Not that it matters, but who the **** are you?

And JFC, you must have some kind of jacked up, inflated idea about me to think that I'm here to "reclaim" some kind of throne?

Wow, some of you people are just all kinds of ****ed up.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760790)
Says the guy who left an internet message board for over a year because someone called him a name.

You're real ****ing smart guy. :facepalm:

Quote:

There was no competition you moron. Matt Cassel is one of the highest paid Chiefs for a reason. Scott Pioli for whatever reason believes he's a good QB. The Chiefs were so serious about bringing in competition they signed Brady Quinn ROFL and last year they brought in Tyler Palko.

Wow, way to change the subject. First, Orton wasn't re-signed because Dallas offered him a $5 million dollar bonus, now, it's because there is no competition for Matt Cassel?

You can't even stay on topic or put together a logical thought. Too much meth?

Quote:

Is it just me or did you come back as an even bigger pussy?

Wow, how creative. Did you think of that all by yourself?

kcxiv 07-23-2012 03:15 PM

Look, im not danes biggest fan and he's not one of mine. Im ok with that, but some of the way people like to act like bitches on here is like 16 year old high school clueless shit. lol

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8762019)
Not that it matters, but who the **** are you?

And JFC, you must have some kind of jacked up, inflated idea about me to think that I'm here to "reclaim" some kind of throne?

Wow, some of you people are just all kinds of ****ed up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8762041)
You're real ****ing smart guy. :facepalm:

Wow, way to change the subject. First, Orton wasn't re-signed because Dallas offered him a $5 million dollar bonus, now, it's because there is no competition for Matt Cassel?

You can't even stay on topic or put together a logical thought. Too much meth?

Wow, how creative. Did you think of that all by yourself?

Stomp your feet some more Danelle maybe you'll leave for good this time.

You mean to say there can't be more than one reason for Orton leaving?

ROFL I guess only in a world where some F list movie director plays a big shot on an internet message board. I should be careful what I say though you'll either make another leaving thread or complain to the mods about bullying.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762068)

ROFL I guess only in a world where some F list movie director plays a big shot on an internet message board. I should be careful what I say though you'll either make another leaving thread or complain to the mods about bullying.

Wow. Just wow.

Well I can tell you one thing's for certain: I didn't begin posting on this forum again so that I could argue with immature children.

Goodbye, Billay. Good luck.

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762068)

Why are you being an ass?

You were wrong. Deal with it like a man.

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 03:49 PM

Billay - You're not nearly as smart as you think you are.

Don't worry, neither am I.

Dane is/was a quality poster. This place is a source of entertainment for me. Dane adds to that. I like his football takes. Much more than yours.

Stop being a little bitch.

Insert a fresh tampon and get over whatever butthurt Dane caused you.

Have a nice day!

:)

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8762111)
Why are you being an ass?

You were wrong. Deal with it like a man.

How was I wrong? You know the details of why Orton left?

You might want to go back and re-read the thread and see who started name calling first.

Quit kissing ass Dave.

-King- 07-23-2012 04:02 PM

No guys. Orton wanted competition. That's why he went to be a backup in Dallas where he'd have 0% of ever starting. Smart huh?

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762151)
How was I wrong? You know the details of why Orton left?

You might want to go back and re-read the thread and see who started name calling first.

Quit kissing ass Dave.

I read it.

You're being an idiot.

Why on earth would he bolt to Dallas without entertaining any other offers to be a starter?

He's content with holding a clipboard.

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8762161)
No guys. Orton wanted competition. That's why he went to be a backup in Dallas where he'd have 0% of ever starting. Smart huh?

He had a chance at being a starter here? You're one of the more naive posters so it's easy to see how you think Cassel would be benched but in reality that's simply not the case.

The fact is Pioli has never brought in competition against Cassel. Dallas offered Orton a nice contract but the Chiefs had more caproom theres no way Orton would have turned down more money to stay here.

The fact is Cassel could/should have been benched 2 out of the 3 seasons he's played here and never has. He's Pioli's boy. You're living in a fantasy world if you think Pioli will bench Cassel.

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8762172)
I read it.

You're being an idiot.

Why on earth would he bolt to Dallas without entertaining any other offers to be a starter?

He's content with holding a clipboard.

I'm being an idiot yet i've asked you to provide proof that Orton had a chance to be a starter somewhere.

Come on Dave provide evidence where he turned down a starting job somewhere to be a backup.

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762176)
I'm being an idiot yet i've asked you to provide proof that Orton had a chance to be a starter somewhere.

Come on Dave provide evidence where he turned down a starting job somewhere to be a backup.

The simple fact that he signed with Dallas right away. Good money.

He did not want to compete for a starting job.

Its not rocket science.

-King- 07-23-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762173)
He had a chance at being a starter here? You're one of the more naive posters so it's easy to see how you think Cassel would be benched but in reality that's simply not the case.

Who has a higher chance of being benched?

Romo is going to be benched? ROFL

jd1020 07-23-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762173)

The fact is Pioli has never brought in competition against Cassel. Dallas offered Orton a nice contract but the Chiefs had more caproom theres no way Orton would have turned down more money to stay here.

The fact is Cassel could/should have been benched 2 out of the 3 seasons he's played here and never has. He's Pioli's boy. You're living in a fantasy world if you think Pioli will bench Cassel.

Is Pioli really against bringing in "competition" for Cassel or does he let the coach have an opinion on who he personally wants? Is it a coincidence that with Haley we had Palko and now with Crennel we have Quinn?

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 04:17 PM

It's amazing how naive people are about this regime.

You have to be blind as a ****ing bat to enter a season with Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi as your backups.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762196)
Is Pioli really against bringing in "competition" for Cassel or does he let the coach have an opinion on who he personally wants? Is it a coincidence that with Haley we had Palko and now with Crennel we have Quinn?

Pioli brought in Quinn and explicitly told him he was the backup.

So yes, he seems opposed to bringing in competition. He seems to want a backup. But seems pretty dead set on proving cassel wasn't a bad move.

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8762185)
The simple fact that he signed with Dallas right away. Good money.

He did not want to compete for a starting job.

Its not rocket science.

Man you are really really dense. At this point you're just parroting what Dane has said you don't have your own argument to make.

It's not rocket Science? Pioli traded a 2nd round pick for Matt Cassel and then paid him 63 million dollars. Do you really think Clark Hunt would allow that kind of money to sit on the bench? Do you think Pioli would allow Cassel to be benched?

Cassel's "competition"

Croyle
Palko
Quinn

Why wasn't Cassel benched at any point last year? Because he's Pioli's guy. Read the Dick Haley quote it kinda alludes to this.

You true fans are ****ing blind and to call me an idiot when you can't even construct an argument is pathetic.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 04:23 PM

The most insulting thing I've ever heard from NFL brass was Pioli trying to tell us Croyle was competition for Cassel.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762213)
Pioli brought in Quinn and explicitly told him he was the backup.

Is this a fact or speculation? I'm asking, not as a trap, but because I don't know the answer. I haven't seen any quote from Pioli regarding Quinn in that manner. All I've seen is that "he increases the competition at the position".

KS Smitty 07-23-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762218)
The most insulting thing I've ever heard from NFL brass was Pioli trying to tell us Croyle was competition for Cassel.

They're not even attempting to say that about Quinn or Stanzi. Mitch Holthaus said on Chiefs Blueprint that Quinn and Stanzi will be battling for the back-up position. Yes Chiefs fans Matt Cassel will be our starting qb. :banghead:

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762215)
Man you are really really dense. At this point you're just parroting what Dane has said you don't have your own argument to make.

It's not rocket Science? Pioli traded a 2nd round pick for Matt Cassel and then paid him 63 million dollars. Do you really think Clark Hunt would allow that kind of money to sit on the bench? Do you think Pioli would allow Cassel to be benched?

Cassel's "competition"

Croyle
Palko
Quinn

Why wasn't Cassel benched at any point last year? Because he's Pioli's guy. Read the Dick Haley quote it kinda alludes to this.

You true fans are ****ing blind and to call me an idiot when you can't even construct an argument is pathetic.

WTF does this have to do with anything?

I'm talking about Orton.

Blame it on Pioli. I don't give a shit.

Orton didnt want to compete for a starting job.

None of this shit matters anyway.

Kyle wasn't going to lead this team to a SB anyway.

mcaj22 07-23-2012 04:34 PM

we could start out 1-6 and they still wont go to Quinn or Stanzi as the starter. Unless Cassel gets hurt again, the window of him being replaced on the field has to be tiny.

I don't think they will ever have the balls to bench him in the 2nd of a half a close game if he was even doing one of his famous 3-11 24 yards 1 interception first half stat line performance.

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8762246)
WTF does this have to do with anything?

I'm talking about Orton.

Blame it on Pioli. I don't give a shit.

Orton didnt want to compete for a starting job.

None of this shit matters anyway.

Kyle wasn't going to lead this team to a SB anyway.

3 post in and you've yet to provide a place where Orton was going to be the starter at.

gold_and_red 07-23-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760679)
Pioli has been publicly quoted as saying they wanted Orton back, but the Cowboys made Orton a "very, very generous offer."

He scoffed at 3 years and 10.5 mil.

But Cassel is worth > 10M per year? This is all we need to know about Pioli!

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762263)
3 post in and you've yet to provide a place where Orton was going to be the starter at.

Why did he sign with Dallas right away?

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 04:47 PM

And **** you billay, for calling me a True fan.

I'm quite aware how bad Cassel is.

BossChief 07-23-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8762257)
we could start out 1-6 and they still wont go to Quinn or Stanzi as the starter. Unless Cassel gets hurt again, the window of him being replaced on the field has to be tiny.

I don't think they will ever have the balls to bench him in the 2nd of a half a close game if he was even doing one of his famous 3-11 24 yards 1 interception first half stat line performance.

If we are 2-3 or worse and losing at halftime of the tb game, Cassel will get yanked.

Bet?

-King- 07-23-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762263)

Oh so now we were supposed to start a guy that wasn't wanted by any of the other 31 teams.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 07-23-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8762321)
If we are 2-3 or worse and losing at halftime of the tb game, Cassel will get yanked.

Bet?

Im sure this would have happened if Orton was here but I'm not jumping on the Stanzi bandwagon just yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 07-23-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8762321)

Bet?

that's a tough call, you really think they would give up on Cassel if he leads us to a 2-3 record out of the gate?

lol those are good numbers for him. It would have to be a colossal failure of a start for the team to bench him no?

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8762323)
Oh so now we were supposed to start a guy that wasn't wanted by any of the other 31 teams.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't be stupid. He might not have been wanted as a starter but he's better than Cassel and so are another few backups.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8762235)
Is this a fact or speculation? I'm asking, not as a trap, but because I don't know the answer. I haven't seen any quote from Pioli regarding Quinn in that manner. All I've seen is that "he increases the competition at the position".

"I think that we have a really good quarterback," Pioli told WHB-AM, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "I think we have three good quarterbacks. I think the guy who's set to be our starting quarterback is a good quarterback, he's a good starting NFL quarterback. And I hear the numbers and I hear trends and you can look at certain statistics and put them in any direction you want to support a position or an argument."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...hiefs_coa.html
"Quinn said that he'd been told Cassel was the starting quarterback, but Pioli and Crennel have both said they want the incumbent to experience a challenge in training camp"

BossChief 07-23-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8762325)
Im sure this would have happened if Orton was here but I'm not jumping on the Stanzi bandwagon just yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't say he would get yanked for Stanzi.

I just know that Crennel and Zorn aren't fans of Cassels at all and if we are staring 2-4 down...that's the logical point to make a change.

Hey Dane...

Did you hear what Romeo had to say about Cassel at the scouting combine?

How about what Hali said about him after either the gb or oak game?

Dude is gonna be on a short leash.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8762353)
I didn't say he would get yanked for Stanzi.

I just know that Crennel and Zorn aren't fans of Cassels at all and if we are staring 2-4 down...that's the logical point to make a change.

Hey Dane...

Did you hear what Romeo had to say about Cassel at the scouting combine?

How about what Hali said about him after either the gb or oak game?

Dude is gonna be on a short leash.

The problem is, the chain will likely go cassel. Then Quinn to salvage the season. Stanzi won't have a go until the season is lost. Given how competitive the team will probably be,nthats not likely to happen.

I don't have much confidence stanzi sees the field. The problem is, pioli has built a pretty terrific team to support a shitty qb. Cassel isn't going to be pulled if he's a .500 qb. And that's about where I think the chiefs end up.

ChiefsCountry 07-23-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762201)
You have to be blind as a ****ing bat to enter a season with Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi as your backups.

You are a ****ing clown. Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi are your standard backup QBs in the NFL. They are fine as #2 and #3. If this is your point about Pioli then are truly are a ****ing idiot.

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 05:28 PM

I'll take that bet BossChief.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762352)
"I think we have three good quarterbacks. I think the guy who's set to be our starting quarterback is a good quarterback, he's a good starting NFL quarterback."

Pioli looks into a mirror and says this every day.

http://i.imgur.com/EzU6Z.jpg

Coogs 07-23-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762352)
"I think that we have a really good quarterback," Pioli told WHB-AM, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "I think we have three good quarterbacks. I think the guy who's set to be our starting quarterback is a good quarterback, he's a good starting NFL quarterback. And I hear the numbers and I hear trends and you can look at certain statistics and put them in any direction you want to support a position or an argument."

You know, maybe all of the ChiefsPlanet research on Cassel's stats is getting out there. Bottom line is, the stats all point to the same thing. Chifes don't run the ball.... Chiefs don't win. You can not spin that to support any other case.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8762358)
You are a ****ing clown. Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi are your standard backup QBs in the NFL. They are fine as #2 and #3. If this is your point about Pioli then are truly are a ****ing idiot.

I don't like that pioli declared it before training camp even started.

And I don't like it because even if Quinn and stanzi are long shots, at least there's a chance. With cassel, we know what we have.

jd1020 07-23-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762370)
I don't like that pioli declared it before training camp even started.

And I don't like it because even if Quinn and stanzi are long shots, at least there's a chance. With cassel, we know what we have.

JFC.

Cassel is the starting QB. Anyone besides Manning would/will have to take the job away from him.

BossChief 07-23-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762359)
I'll take that bet BossChief.

1 month avatar?

Coogs 07-23-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762373)
Cassel is the starting QB. Anyone besides Manning would/will have to take the job away from him.

I'm all for that scenario. If either Quinn or Stanzi is clearly outplaying Cassel in the preseason... something that happened last preseason in many people's eyes with Stanzi... then the keys should be passed over to which ever one does the best job.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8762358)

No they are not. They are utter shit. There is a better than average chance neither should even be in the NFL.

You know are good backup quarterbacks? These guys:

Kyle Orton
Byron Leftwich
Derek Anderson
Jason Campbell
David Carr
Trent Edwards
David Garrard
Rex Grossman
Chad Henne
Shaun Hill
Tarvaris Jackson
Josh McCown
Sage Rosenfels
Tyler Thigpen
Billy Volek
Seneca Wallace
TJ Yates
Vince Young

We don't have ANYONE like that on our roster...oh wait, yes we do. :banghead:

I am fine with Stanzi as a developmental #3 guy...but we do not have a #2, other than our starter.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8762365)
You know, maybe all of the ChiefsPlanet research on Cassel's stats is getting out there. Bottom line is, the stats all point to the same thing. Chifes don't run the ball.... Chiefs don't win. You can not spin that to support any other case.

That was from ****ing May.

jd1020 07-23-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8762378)
I'm all for that scenario. If either Quinn or Stanzi is clearly outplaying Cassel in the preseason... something that happened last preseason in many people's eyes with Stanzi... then the keys should be passed over to which ever one does the best job.

Preseason isn't really a fair comparison. Too many substitutions.

Stanzi should have been backup but Pioli didn't want to rush him so Palko was #2. And I'm fine with that. I'm not going to lose any sleep over a 5th round QB not seeing action in his 1st year. Although, I wish Haley would have brought him in when Palko was throwing nothing but INT's.

Cassel is going to be the starter come opening day. Quinn and Stanzi need to make an impression to where Cassel is on a choke collar.

FringeNC 07-23-2012 05:51 PM

I have a feeling Dick Haley's shadow presence didn't get along with Pioli's ego very well.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8762416)
I have a feeling Dick Haley's shadow presence didn't get along with Pioli's ego very well.

I'd say that's probably a very fair assumption.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-23-2012 05:53 PM

Thigpen. The same guy people said didn't belong in the league when he QB'd here ROFL
That list is full of shit.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8762420)
Thigpen. The same guy people said didn't belong in the league when he QB'd here ROFL

I certainly never said that. I've always maintained he'd be a good backup QB.

He's a lot better than Quinn, and so is every QB on that list. Especially guys like Orton, Garrard, Campbell, Young and Volek.

Coogs 07-23-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762400)
That was from ****ing May.

I sent my stats to some KC media back in May.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8762423)
I sent my stats to some KC media back in May.

The media knows Cassel sucks. They just aren't in a hurry to make a big fuss about it. They're playing nice with Pioli for the time being.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8762420)
That list is full of shit.

Outside of Yates (Texans rookie QB in 2011), Orton and Campbell, I wholeheartedly agree.

Campbell and Orton are perfect backups. Orton already has the backup mentality down pat.

Coogs 07-23-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762401)
Preseason isn't really a fair comparison. Too many substitutions.

Stanzi should have been backup but Pioli didn't want to rush him so Palko was #2. And I'm fine with that. I'm not going to lose any sleep over a 5th round QB not seeing action in his 1st year. Although, I wish Haley would have brought him in when Palko was throwing nothing but INT's.

Cassel is going to be the starter come opening day. Quinn and Stanzi need to make an impression to where Cassel is on a choke collar.

I'm good with most all of that. One point though is Palko got a shot with the #1's last pre-season. Stanzi did not. Whoever wins the #2 spot this preseason should get some opportunities with the #1's. If they outplay Cassel in that opportunity.... :shrug:

Coogs 07-23-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762430)
The media knows Cassel sucks. They just aren't in a hurry to make a big fuss about it. They're playing nice with Pioli for the time being.

They were not aware of the stats I sent them.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-23-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8762432)
Outside of Yates (Texans rookie QB in 2011), Orton and Campbell, I wholeheartedly agree.

Campbell and Orton are perfect backups. Orton already has the backup mentality down pat.

I agree with those guys, they are very good backups, but CP's overvaluing shit players on other teams continues.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8762436)
They were not aware of the stats I sent them.

What stats did you send them? 3:16?

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8762439)
I agree with those guys, but CP's overvaluing shit on other teams continues.

It's not hard to find backup QBs better than Brady Quinn. He is ****ing awful.

Coogs 07-23-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762440)
What stats did you send them? 3:16?

Yes. And some of the rushing averages for the 10 wins in 2010.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762422)
I certainly never said that. I've always maintained he'd be a good backup QB.

He's a lot better than Quinn, and so is every QB on that list. Especially guys like Orton, Garrard, Campbell, Young and Volek.

Ha! Vince Young? You'd take VY over Quinn? Did you start smoking crack recently? :D

Garrard is broken down, Volek was a decent back up like 10 years ago and as I mentioned before, Orton and Campbell are probably best two in the league.

The rest are garbage.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 06:16 PM

I would take Vince Young over "never done anything worth a lick of shit in the NFL" Quinn, yes.

VY is not a good QB but even HE at least put together three winning seasons as a starter.

O.city 07-23-2012 06:18 PM

I actually think VY could be a pretty successful qb in the right situation.

Quinn obviously had talent and was a good qb at one point. Dunno what's there now, likely nothing.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762373)
JFC.

And that is exactly the problem.

jd1020 07-23-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762481)
And that is exactly the problem.

And why is that?

Cassel is a bottom third NFL starter. Quinn hasn't started a game in 2 years. Stanzi hasn't taken a snap in an NFL regular season game.

You expect Cassel not to be the starter?

You're an idiot.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8762479)
I actually think VY could be a pretty successful qb in the right situation.

Quinn obviously had talent and was a good qb at one point. Dunno what's there now, likely nothing.

If Philly wasn't the right situation, there will never be a "right" situation for him.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762478)
I would take Vince Young over "never done anything worth a lick of shit in the NFL" Quinn, yes.

VY is not a good QB but even HE at least put together three winning seasons as a starter.

VY is a nut case. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my franchise.

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8762375)
1 month avatar?

Deal. So if he's not week before week 7 I win?

O.city 07-23-2012 06:25 PM

Like I said, Quinn had talent at one point.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8762492)
Like I said, Quinn had talent at one point.

Yeah, at Notre Dame.

O.city 07-23-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762493)
Yeah, at Notre Dame.

I didn't say when, just said at one point.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762485)
And why is that?

Cassel is a bottom third NFL starter. Quinn hasn't started a game in 2 years. Stanzi hasn't taken a snap in an NFL regular season game.

You expect Cassel not to be the starter?

You're an idiot.

Matt Cassel isn't going to take this team to the Super Bowl. It doesn't how matter the team is you surround him with. We know this for sure.

Quinn and Stanzi are longshots. But at least there's some chance. Stanzi has major boom bust, but of all 3, he easily has the biggest likelihood to shine because we know so little about him.

The fact that they've guaranteed Cassel the job is an absolute joke. Quinn is equally capable with the new offense. And he at least he has a bit of an unknown. The only reason Cassel is starting is because of stubborn loyalty. If the Chiefs were serious about winning a Super Bowl, then they'd focus on testing as rigorously they can all QB options they can until they find the right one, instead of wasting half a season on a guy everybody knows is never going to be the answer.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 06:30 PM

Matt Cassel had talent at one point.

http://i.imgur.com/Bnck9.jpg

O.city 07-23-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762500)

http://i.imgur.com/Bnck9.jpg

With a football?

BossChief 07-23-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8762489)
Deal. So if he's not week before week 7 I win?

If the record is as I said it, yes.

The deal voids at a third win before the bye, basically.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762500)

JFC, Dude. You need to find a new hobby.

That's freakin' creepy.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 06:49 PM

It was on the Ravens broadcast I flipped through this morning.

I am pretty creepy, anyway.

Coogs 07-23-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762499)
Matt Cassel isn't going to take this team to the Super Bowl. It doesn't how matter the team is you surround him with. We know this for sure.

Quinn and Stanzi are longshots. But at least there's some chance. Stanzi has major boom bust, but of all 3, he easily has the biggest likelihood to shine because we know so little about him.

The fact that they've guaranteed Cassel the job is an absolute joke. Quinn is equally capable with the new offense. And he at least he has a bit of an unknown. The only reason Cassel is starting is because of stubborn loyalty. If the Chiefs were serious about winning a Super Bowl, then they'd focus on testing as rigorously they can all QB options they can until they find the right one, instead of wasting half a season on a guy everybody knows is never going to be the answer.

Good post! :clap: