ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Winston mad at the Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264770)

lewdog 10-07-2012 04:47 PM

R8ers is lucky his Ga8ers have on off week so he doesn't have to watch their shit get pushed in until next week.

KCrockaholic 10-07-2012 04:48 PM

Look at what Matt Cassel has done to this city. Now, because of him our biggest FA signing hates the fans.

If Cassel didn't SUCK we'd all still be having a great time together, and nobody is cheering.

lewdog 10-07-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8989239)
Baldinger made an excellent point. It should be Pioli addressing the media not Winston now there is an even bigger divide between this team and it's fans because of Winstons comments.

When is the last time Pioli actually addressed the criticism?

FAX 10-07-2012 04:49 PM

Mr. Guru mentioned something interesting ...

Were the fans cheering Cassel's injury, or were they cheering for Quinn?

FAX

Titty Meat 10-07-2012 04:49 PM

Eric Winston ‏@ericwinston
Obviously i know not all 70k were cheering. And please don't act like the cheering started when Quinn came in.

This dude just needs to let it go

memyselfI 10-07-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8988469)
Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride

Eric Winston was very angry at the cheering when Cassel got hurt. Held court w/ the media for a few min about that in the Chiefs locker room

:thumb:

Good for him. Maybe the banner and the cheering by the fans will have the opposite reaction of what many hoped for. Maybe this team will rally around their teammate and friend and work harder to make sure he is not sent down the river in a barrel alone.

the Talking Can 10-07-2012 04:51 PM

this franchise makes it easy to hate

i wish ruin on it

Bowser 10-07-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8989261)
Obviously i know not all 70k were cheering. And please don't act like the cheering started when Quinn came in.

That cheering was from your teammates on the sideline, Eric. Go chew their asses.

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8989256)
When is the last time Pioli actually addressed the criticism?

Who knows?

He hides in his office all week banging him self with a replica Cassel dildo.

lewdog 10-07-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Hey Eric, your team is 1-4 and haven't won a playoff game in almost 20 years. Don't expect the fans to be completely happy and cheerful you dumb ****.

stonedstooge 10-07-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Jesus Winston, you going to keep this shit going on and on. You had your say. Now STFU. Pisoli find himself a new tool?

Titty Meat 10-07-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8989263)
:thumb:

Good for him. Maybe the banner and the cheering by the fans will have the opposite reaction of what many hoped for. Maybe this team will rally around their teammate and friend and work harder to make sure he is not sent down the river in a barrel alone.

Because we all know the problem was not the QB but the effort given by the team

lewdog 10-07-2012 04:54 PM

Hey Eric, weren't some of your teammates criticizing this same douche under center?

farmerchief 10-07-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8989107)
Fans were just excited to get Cassel out of the game. They weren't cheering because of the injury. Cheering because of what the injury meant.

Exactly my take on the situation! Nobody cheers because a player gets injured, but they were cheering for impending QB change and the hope it may bring!o:-)

DJ's left nut 10-07-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8989107)
Fans were just excited to get Cassel out of the game. They weren't cheering because of the injury. Cheering because of what the injury meant.

It's the same thing. Frankly I don't feel compelled to defend it.

He's a goddamn plague on this franchise and the front office that absolutely refuses to move on from him has pushed this fanbase to its breaking point.

We want him off the field - all of us. Literally every single fan of this franchise that has been paying attention would love nothing more than to never see Matt Cassel take another snap for this franchise.

So we can sit here and say stuff like "oh, we weren't cheering for his injury, we were cheering for the QB change" all we want, but it's just putting a different spin on the same truth: we were cheering because Matt Cassel was no longer under center and not a single one of us gave one single **** as to what the cause of that was.

And I don't feel bad about it for one second. He sucks. He will always suck. I spend a shitload of time and money hoping that this product that is nothing more than mere entertainment is actually entertaining and with that dicksmoke around, it isn't entertaining in the slightest.

Here's hoping that he never takes a snap for this franchise again. And yeah, I'm going to boo the shit out of that asshole and his 15 passes for 90 yards if he starts the next home game. And if he gets knocked out again, I'm gonna cheer my ass off because he's gone.

I won't be alone.

R8RFAN 10-07-2012 04:55 PM

Yall quit trying to turn this shit around to me, I didn't cheer when he went down

Easy 6 10-07-2012 04:55 PM

After all of this, for a player to not recognize what was actually happening is pretty sad, questioning the character of some of the very best fans in the NFL.

It was nothing but a sigh of relief, not cheering for the pain of "the person inside the laundry", that Matt is a good, hardworking guy, has been documented & agreed on to death both here at the Planet, elsewhere online & everywhere else, Eric... the fans that pay your bills were simply ready for a CHANGE.

Now go play ball & use all of that verbal anger to rally the team around Quinn.

Old Dog 10-07-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8989169)
They weren't cheering him going down. The cheer was for Quinn coming in.

Yes, but admitting facts would get in the way of their argument

the Talking Can 10-07-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8989287)
It's the same thing. Frankly I don't feel compelled to defend it.

He's a goddamn plague on this franchise and the front office that absolutely refuses to move on from him has pushed this fanbase to its breaking point.

We want him off the field - all of us. Literally every single fan of this franchise that has been paying attention would love nothing more than to never see Matt Cassel take another snap for this franchise.

So we can sit here and say stuff like "oh, we weren't cheering for his injury, we were cheering for the QB change" all we want, but it's just putting a different spin on the same truth: we were cheering because Matt Cassel was no longer under center and not a single one of us gave one single **** as to what the cause of that was.

And I don't feel bad about it for one second. He sucks. He will always suck. I spend a shitload of time and money hoping that this product that is nothing more than mere entertainment is actually entertaining and with that dicksmoke around, it isn't entertaining in the slightest.

Here's hoping that he never takes a snap for this franchise again. And yeah, I'm going to boo the shit out of that asshole and his 15 passes for 90 yards if he starts the next home game. And if he gets knocked out again, I'm gonna cheer my ass off because he's gone.

I won't be alone.

cosign

lewdog 10-07-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8989292)
Yall quit trying to turn this shit around to me, I didn't cheer when he went down

Well why the **** weren't you cheering!?

See, it is your fault.

Marco Polo 10-07-2012 04:58 PM

Search for Eric Winston on Twitter. Every major journalist is tweeting about it. Thanks, buddy.

R8RFAN 10-07-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8989307)
Well why the **** weren't you cheering!?

See, it is your fault.

i don't do that because karma will get me

KCrockaholic 10-07-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8989292)

I didn't cheer when Russell went down, or when Al Davis died.

R8RFAN 10-07-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 8989310)
Search for Eric Winston on Twitter. Every major journalist is tweeting about it. Thanks, buddy.

Fly a banner next week about him LMAO

jspchief 10-07-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

You can also be certain the fans weren't cheering the Chiefs taking the lead, Eric.

wazu 10-07-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Yep. Chiefs drop to 1-4 and Winston makes a national story about what terrible people their fans are. Thanks, man.

mcaj22 10-07-2012 05:00 PM

i officially hate eric winston as much as i do romeo, scott pioli, etc

**** these guys for ruining my favorite team. i am a fan. i pay ****ing money every year. you get paid millions because of people like me. start playing like the other 31 teams in the NFL and we wouldnt have this problem. Stop being a shit franchise

R8RFAN 10-07-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8989313)

No bad karma for you, you are a true fan of the game... :thumb:

Agent V 10-07-2012 05:01 PM

Nobody was cheering about Matt getting hurt in my section. I couldn't hear cheers from anywhere in the stadium. They cheered when Quinn jogged onto the field. Hell, the stadium applauded Cassel when he got up and walked to the sideline.

Shut the **** up, Winston, and do your ****ing job.

jspchief 10-07-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8989311)
i don't do that because karma will get me

Karma got you when you were born reeruned.

R8RFAN 10-07-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 8989323)
Nobody was cheering about Matt getting hurt in my section. I couldn't hear cheers from anywhere in the stadium. They cheered when Quinn jogged onto the field. Hell, the stadium applauded Cassel when he got up and walked to the sideline.

I am starting to think alot of Chief fans are undesirables

lewdog 10-07-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8989313)

I sure the **** didn't either because both of those douches sucked ass and I would never want them away from the Raiders organization!

KCrockaholic 10-07-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8989328)
I sure the **** didn't either because both of those douches sucked ass and I would never want them away from the Raiders organization!

lol exactly.

FringeNC 10-07-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't really worry about it. Any knowledgeable football fan in the country knows Cassel is garbage, and has no business playing. Plus isn't any publicity surrounding Cassel a good thing? Any stories about it will certainly talk about Cassel's struggles, thereby embarrassing Pioli.

the Talking Can 10-07-2012 05:04 PM

Chiefs are 1-4

they have the worst QB in the league

so, what is the problem?

'the fans'....brilliant, only in kansas city

Otter 10-07-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8989320)
i officially hate eric winston as much as i do romeo, scott pioli, etc

**** these guys for ruining my favorite team. i am a fan. i pay ****ing money every year. you get paid millions because of people like me. start playing like the other 31 teams in the NFL and we wouldnt have this problem. Stop being a shit franchise

I appreciate guys like Winston that stand up and speak their mind. He's the same guy that's gonna be behind Quinn and Geno if we manage to get him.

Dude was pissed and speaking his mind as opposed to PR bullshit. I like that.

stonedstooge 10-07-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8989334)
Chiefs are 1-4

they have the worst QB in the league

so, what is the problem?

the fans....brilliant, only in kansas city

Pisoli striking back

bobbything 10-07-2012 05:05 PM

Cheering when Cassel went down is low rent IMO. I agree with Winston. That said, I dont really think the cheering was because he was injured, it's because he's out of the game. Unfortunately, because this organization is completely gutless, and refused to yank Cassel earlier, now the fans end up being the bad guys here.

I've never hated a Chiefs team/regime as much as this one. Part of me wishes they'd just move so I wouldn't have to endure this. Today was the first time I didn't watch all of the game. I saw the first half then went and played tennis. Never, ever done that before.

ArrowheadMagic 10-07-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 8989323)

Agree, thats what happened around me. Winston needs to pay less attention to fans and more to his job. Maybe if he blocked on the play, Cassel wouldnt have gotten injured.

FAX 10-07-2012 05:07 PM

Just listened to his speech. I think he went a little over the top, to be honest.

People are just frustrated as hell with this team ... particularly Cassel. I'm sure 70k people (his number) didn't cheer Cassel's injury. The disconnect here is pretty deep and wide ... fans spending hard-earned money to go to games to see pitiful garbage while pro football players make tens of millions of dollars ... all the while knowing what the risks are.

Eric seems like a nice guy and he's standing up for his teammate, but perspective works both ways.

FAX

007 10-07-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8989192)
:LOL:

touche

Chief Henry 10-07-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8988574)
You can't continue to serve up shit and expect people to not get sick of it.

This will be the 19th season the KC Chiefs will NOT win a playoff game. Cassel getting hurt and then cheering from the fans is frustration coming out of the fans for 19 seasons of BS coming from this ownership group. I can understand Winston being disapointed......but **** you Winston and the horse you road in on.

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 05:10 PM

Cassel plays like ass, per usual, costing them the win, and dumbass players and fans are crying about booing fans.

mcaj22 10-07-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8989337)
I appreciate guys like Winston that stand up and speak their mind. He's the same guy that's gonna be behind Quinn and Geno if we manage to get him.

Dude was pissed and speaking his mind as opposed to PR bullshit. I like that.

What do you mean. Chiefs fans are some of the best pro sports fans in the country. And this dude just ****ing makes the entire fanbase look like dickheads.

Yo I am from Pennsylvania. I have seen fans in Philly boo Michael Irvin as he laid there on the field helpless and THEY WERE PROUD OF IT. The fans took PRIDE in that. Philly style. I have watched Philly fans throw shit at guys like Scott Rolen when they come back. I have watched them throw snowballs and batteries at random guys dressed up as Santa.

I have watched fanbases do MUCH worse and they get cheered for because its part of their image, their culture, their fanbase and team's tough skin. Because it generates money.

If Chiefs fans are pissed let them boo, cheer, whatever. If the coaches werent part of this shit Patriots Tree and our GM wasnt the coach behind the curtain and we had a coach that would actually bench the QB for being untalented, then it would have never got to that point.

But as consumers, and NFL being a business, if there is money involved and you are paying to park, paying for tickets, paying 15 dollars for a dixie cup of beer, then you better damn well put the best product on the field for those consumers that you can.

Agent V 10-07-2012 05:10 PM

Winston can't hear a snap count. I don't trust he can hear crowd noise accurately.

the Talking Can 10-07-2012 05:12 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...ltimore-ravens

Quote:

Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel lay flat on his back in the fourth quarter, staring up at the sky, where just a few hours earlier an airplane towed a banner calling for him to be benched.

doomy3 10-07-2012 05:13 PM

Looks like Charles also wasn't happy with the fans for cheering for Cassel's injury.

**** him too?

1adam1238 10-07-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 8989374)
Winston can't hear a snap count. I don't trust he can hear crowd noise accurately.

Great Point!!!

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8989377)

Poetic

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8989383)
Looks like Charles also wasn't happy with the fans for cheering for Cassel's injury.

**** him too?

No. He's the best player on the team.

Infallible.

Reerun_KC 10-07-2012 05:16 PM

Winston can shut up or actually play at an NFL level. Either/or.

mcaj22 10-07-2012 05:16 PM

i cannot believe Pioli was able to spin all of this

what a joke

wazu 10-07-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

**** him too?

Let's just all agree to go our separate ways.

WilliamTheIrish 10-07-2012 05:17 PM

I don't give a flying **** if the national media wants to make a huge story about it. This shit has gone on long enough.

The day MC no longer takes a snap for this franchise, whether it's due to debilitating injury or god forbid he gets yanked for lack of performance, will be the day I stand up and cheer, that maybe, maybe this dickhead owner and his sorry ass henchman GM will do what their predecessors refused to do since 1983. To do what every franchise in the division has at least tried to do:

Attempted to draft a franchise QB ("too risky" - sounds like the title to a Frankie thread). Do you know that there are people on this board that watched them trot out Frank Seuer for several games? I think if a fan can survive watching that, I can survive listening to Eric Winston cry over the metaphorically slain, lifeless body of Matt Cassel.

mcaj22 10-07-2012 05:18 PM

Clark needs to show he cares about the fan base first, clean house. Fire Pioli, Crennel, the entire staff, cut guys like Winston.

make a ****ing example. These guys are running a circus around Clarks team

DeezNutz 10-07-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

**** him too?

Sure, why not.

Fans are doing little more than voicing their displeasure with being forced to watch a terrible player at the most important position on the field, despite a wealth of evidence that would have caused a competent GM to replace him long ago.

This isn't personal; it's business, and Pioli is terrible at the business of football.

Reerun_KC 10-07-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8989410)
I don't give a flying **** if the national media wants to make a huge story about it. This shit has gone on long enough.

The day MC no longer takes a snap for this franchise, whether it's due to debilitating injury or god forbid he gets yanked for lack of performance, will be the day I stand up and cheer, that maybe, maybe this dickhead owner and his sorry ass henchman GM will do what their predecessors refused to do since 1983. To do what every franchise in the division has at least tried to do:

Attempted to draft a franchise QB ("too risky" - sounds like the title to a Frankie thread). Do you know that there are people on this board that watched them trot out Frank Seuer for several games? I think if a fan can survive watching that, I can survive listening to Eric Winston cry over the metaphorically slain, lifeless body of Matt Cassel.

You are one giant dickwad. But I agree 100%

jspchief 10-07-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

**** him too?

We don't have to **** Charles. 500 carries this season to mask Cassel will do it for us.

DeezNutz 10-07-2012 05:19 PM

And it still never looked like he was hit in the head.

lewdog 10-07-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8989417)
Clark needs to show he cares about the fan base first, clean house. Fire Pioli, Crennel, the entire staff, cut guys like Winston.

Clark doesn't care until he isn't making money. Too bad people are still showing up to the games.

Reerun_KC 10-07-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

yea sir.

memyselfI 10-07-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Wow, that makes the fans at Arrowhead look classless.

WilliamTheIrish 10-07-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

... These guys are running a circus around Clarks team

They absolutely are. Although I will say this is the first attempt at leadership from this roster that I can remember.

So Kudos for that. And of course Kudos for playing so complimentary today.

Crush 10-07-2012 05:21 PM

Matt Cassel was injured for our sins.

jspchief 10-07-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8989437)

Rot in hell, gunt.

DeezNutz 10-07-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8989432)
We don't have to **** Charles. 500 carries this season to mask Cassel will do it for us.

Yep.

Otter 10-07-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8989373)
What do you mean. Chiefs fans are some of the best pro sports fans in the country. And this dude just ****ing makes the entire fanbase look like dickheads.

Yo I am from Pennsylvania. I have seen fans in Philly boo Michael Irvin as he laid there on the field helpless and THEY WERE PROUD OF IT. The fans took PRIDE in that. Philly style. I have watched Philly fans throw shit at guys like Scott Rolen when they come back. I have watched them throw snowballs and batteries at random guys dressed up as Santa.

I have watched fanbases do MUCH worse and they get cheered for because its part of their image, their culture, their fanbase and team's tough skin. Because it generates money.

If Chiefs fans are pissed let them boo, cheer, whatever. If the coaches werent part of this shit Patriots Tree and our GM wasnt the coach behind the curtain and we had a coach that would actually bench the QB for being untalented, then it would have never got to that point.

But as consumers, and NFL being a business, if there is money involved and you are paying to park, paying for tickets, paying 15 dollars for a dixie cup of beer, then you better damn well put the best product on the field for those consumers that you can.

I'm from PA too. Pottsville then Camp Hill. Now Durango, CO.

Philly fans are the biggest scumbags I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. They are rabid animals and I'll never step inside that city again except for a Flyers game. There's a jail in that stadium for a reason.

Good for you.

Crush 10-07-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8989437)

You know what's classless? Blaming the fans for the sins of the franchise.

007 10-07-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

One has nothing to do with the other.

stonedstooge 10-07-2012 05:25 PM

Maybe next home game, instead of only being half full the stadium will be 25% full of true fans only. Money lost CHunt. What you going to do about your employees demonizing people that put money in your pocket?

Easy 6 10-07-2012 05:29 PM

If thats what espn wants to run with, ****'em, i've been wanting to dump them for a while, i'll miss the countdown show & thats really it, i've hated their website for a long time anyway.

Every. Single. top story is a something you have to sit through a :# commercial for first, most of the good stuff is premium "Insider" moneygrubbing... i've hated it basically since right after Hunter S. Thompson left.

The big money chit gets called in & viola, heres this story... espn can go to hell.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 05:31 PM

Go ahead Winston - bite the hand that feeds your boss's boss's boss's boss. Brilliant.

mcaj22 10-07-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8989449)
I'm from PA too. Pottsville then Camp Hill. Now Durango, CO.

Philly fans are the biggest scumbags I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. They are rabid animals and I'll never step inside that city again except for a Flyers game. There's a jail in that stadium for a reason.

Good for you.

i am also from Schuylkill county by Pottsville and I was just using Philly fans as an example. Fans do much worse, these guys are going to throw the Chiefs fanbase under the bus and make them wear the clownsuit and I dont necessarily think they are deserving of such

Otter 10-07-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8989487)
i am also from Schuylkill county by Pottsville and I was just using Philly fans as an example. Fans do much worse, these guys are going to throw the Chiefs fanbase under the bus and make them wear the clownsuit and I dont necessarily think they are deserving of such

I didn't take it as that. Dude is an RT protecting his QB.

memyselfI 10-07-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8989451)
You know what's classless? Blaming the fans for the sins of the franchise.

You know, no one is forcing the fans to remain fans. If you are not happy it says more about you continuing to support something that makes you miserable than it does those who provide it.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Stop being a fan if it makes you that unhappy. The Chiefs are there to make money first, the fans happy second. Believing anything other than that is delusional.

jspchief 10-07-2012 05:34 PM

Who gives a shit what the media says about KC fans? This team isn't even a blip on the national radar. They are the Cubs without the charm. No one gives a damn about the Chiefs or their fans.

007 10-07-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8989496)
You know, no one is forcing the fans to remain fans. If you are not happy it says more about you continuing to support something that makes you miserable than it does those who provide it.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Stop being a fan if it makes you that unhappy. The Chiefs are there to make money first, the fans happy second. Believing anything other than that is delusional.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

WilliamTheIrish 10-07-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Thanks Sigmund.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Yea, why don't we all just hop on the Rich Gannon bandwagon and let it take us to Oakland, like you, you classless bag of wind.

Crush 10-07-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

So... you're saying that I need a clue?