ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shawn Zobel on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267113)

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157360)
I really think McNabb's Harold Pener suits would be a great look at the post-game conferences

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7uu0eXnsd1rry9ec.gif

Red Beans 11-27-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9157361)
I don't understand why so many people waste time responding to either an...

A) Obvious troll or
B) Obvious child or
C) Obvious idiot
D) Obvious idiot child troll
seems like a waste of time to me

FYP...

Frosty 11-27-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9157371)
I like GIFs.

Me too. Plus I had 20 minutes to kill before I'm off work.

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9157382)
Me too. Plus I had 20 minutes to kill before I'm off work.

http://i.imgur.com/e7IWl.gif

HemiEd 11-27-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9156121)
Should sign Alex Smith and draft a QB in the 2nd round :facepalm:

Hey, he was a former #1 overall, what the heck do you want, anyhow?

Sorter 11-27-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9157426)
Hey, he was a former #1 overall, what the heck do you want, anyhow?

I would love Alex as a backup. I doubt it happens but if our Depth Chart at QB looks like this
1. Geno
2. Smith
3. Nassib/Stanzi/Draft pick

I'd be more than happy.

Hootie 11-27-2012 05:24 PM

pretty sure old Alex Smith will get a chance to start with some NFL team next year...I doubt he goes full Orton.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9157202)
I get it, you guys are fed up with going the retread route. You want your own franchise QB. But if one is not available you shouldn't just throw away the #1 pick in the draft. That is just as dumb as committing to Matt Cassel for 4 years.

One is available and his name his Geno Smith. He has ALL the tools you look for in a franchise QB. Just admit it inbred hillbillies, you don't like him cause he's black.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157315)
We had a chance to trade up for Tannehill last year or get Russell Wilson and pull the trigger but didn't do it.

Sorry, but don't think things will change this year.

Pioli needs to get a ready-now QB like Smith, plug him in to manage this offense and let the defense and running game win ballgames for this club.

Go to Coalition, go directly to Coalition. If you pass Go you do not collect $200.

whoman69 11-27-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157315)
We had a chance to trade up for Tannehill last year or get Russell Wilson and pull the trigger but didn't do it.

Sorry, but don't think things will change this year.

Pioli needs to get a ready-now QB like Smith, plug him in to manage this offense and let the defense and running game win ballgames for this club.

Ban yourself now.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9158036)
Ban yourself now.

The trash needs taken out badly. Starting to stink up in here.

ILChief 11-27-2012 08:27 PM

I think gochiefss is really Pioli

Dayze 11-27-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9157374)

is that Emma?
...I think she is smokin. mmmmm

Sorter 11-27-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9158267)
is that Emma?
...I think she is smokin. mmmmm

of course it is

Dayze 11-27-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9158283)
of course it is

she's my 'pass' from my wife. Should I ever be in a position to put my wiener inside her, I can without recourse.

HolyHat 05-20-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9157298)
I would love Alex Smith in KC....as Tyler Wilson's backup.

LMFAO

Ebolapox 05-20-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9156121)
Should sign Alex Smith and draft a QB in the 2nd round :facepalm:

ROFL

yep, apparently

RealSNR 05-20-2014 10:00 AM

Can't wait for some Alex basketcase to bump old posts where everybody shits on Alex.

Alex might have done a bit better than our expectations for one year, but that still doesn't take away what his trade represented-- a castration of Chiefs fans' hopes and dreams.

We said, "Not this time! We've done this shit too ****ing often. Time to roll the dice on a franchise QB! Take your backup QB trade and shove it right back up your own ass, Fate."

Fate said, "No. It's you who will take your dreams and shove those right back up YOUR own asses. You will not only trade for Alex Smith, but you will pay out the ass for him. And you will LIKE it. And as an added bonus, he'll give you hope only to shit it away in the most brutal way possible in the playoffs."

The trade is still a complete tragedy in terms of the emotional turmoil it caused.

Halfcan 05-20-2014 10:05 AM

The trade is still a complete tragedy in terms of the emotional turmoil it caused.

:deevee:

HolyHat 05-20-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10640489)
Can't wait for some Alex basketcase to bump old posts where everybody shits on Alex.

Alex might have done a bit better than our expectations for one year, but that still doesn't take away what his trade represented-- a castration of Chiefs fans' hopes and dreams.

We said, "Not this time! We've done this shit too ****ing often. Time to roll the dice on a franchise QB! Take your backup QB trade and shove it right back up your own ass, Fate."

Fate said, "No. It's you who will take your dreams and shove those right back up YOUR own asses. You will not only trade for Alex Smith, but you will pay out the ass for him. And you will LIKE it. And as an added bonus, he'll give you hope only to shit it away in the most brutal way possible in the playoffs."

It will be interesting to see how he plays behind this line, against this schedule. I see this ending pretty bad.

L.A. Chieffan 05-20-2014 10:07 AM

Alex Smith exceeded everybody's expectations including Reid and Dorsey. Considering the amount of vitriol and speculation he had coming into this situation Id say he might have the one the best seasons of any QB last year. An extension worth about $55 mil guaranteed I'd say is justifiable.

HolyHat 05-20-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10640503)
Alex Smith exceeded everybody's expectations including Reid and Dorsey. Considering the amount of vitriol and speculation he had coming into this situation Id say he might have the one the best seasons of any QB last year. An extension worth about $55 mil guaranteed I'd say is justifiable.

His leading receiver was a RB. k bye.

TEX 05-20-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

I think you should settle down, or is this one of those times for us to be upset because you say it is?

TEX 05-20-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9157942)
One is available and his name his Geno Smith. He has ALL the tools you look for in a franchise QB. Just admit it inbred hillbillies, you don't like him cause he's black.

LMAO That's WHY the Jets signed Mike Vick...I don't like Geno Smith or Mike Vick because they both suck. I do like Russel Wilson though, do I get any points there?

RealSNR 05-20-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10640513)
I think you should settle down, or is this one of those times for us to be upset because you say it is?

This is one of those situations where blind homers of the Chiefs will proudly declare that their broken clocks were right twice a day and demand that people who hated the Alex trade eat crow.

You can choose to be upset by it or not.

BigMeatballDave 05-20-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

LMAO Get over it. It happened. Move on.

BigMeatballDave 05-20-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10640525)
This is one of those situations where blind homers of the Chiefs will proudly declare that their broken clocks were right twice a day and demand that people who hated the Alex trade eat crow.

You can choose to be upset by it or not.

I choose to NOT be upset about what I cannot change.

Suck it up.

Just Passin' By 05-20-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Sad

RealSNR 05-20-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10640544)
LMAO

Sad

Matt Cassel

FlaChief58 05-20-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10640567)
Matt Cassel

Pro bowl ;)

Just Passin' By 05-20-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10640567)
Matt Cassel

You keep bringing him up as if he has some mystical powers. He did take the Chiefs to the playoffs when he had an O.C. who was worth his salt, but that wasn't magic.

Keep crying because the Chiefs didn't draft Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman or Geno Smith, though. LMAO

RealSNR 05-20-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10640615)
You keep bringing him up as if he has some mystical powers. He did take the Chiefs to the playoffs when he had an O.C. who was worth his salt, but that wasn't magic.

Keep crying because the Chiefs didn't draft Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman or Geno Smith, though. LMAO

I keep bringing him up because you keep posting crap like the bolded part that makes it seem like you're refusing to admit he's a huge flaming bag of feces. LMAO

Just Passin' By 05-20-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10640632)
I keep bringing him up because you keep posting crap like the bolded part that makes it seem like you're refusing to admit he's a huge flaming bag of feces. LMAO

I'm posting the truth. You're posting scads of bullshit posts and bitching because your team didn't make bad QB draft picks.

I'll stick with the truth, thanks.

RealSNR 05-20-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10640643)
I'm posting the truth. You're posting scads of bullshit posts and bitching because your team didn't make bad draft picks.

I'll stick with the truth, thanks.

You keep believing that, Champ. Go ahead and ignore the Baltimore playoff loss or any of the games where the Chiefs faced superior competition in 2010. Any person with eyes could have seen that version of Cassel as a mirage.

2009, 2011, 2012, and for all intents and purposes, 2013 were shitty years for Cassel. Chalk it up to bad offensive coordinators if you must, but at some point you need to recognize the truth. 4 out of 5 years with the Chiefs and Vikings were shitty. Cassel is a shitty QB. Not just mediocre or inconsistent or only as good as the team around him. Shitty. Bad. Farty. He's a bad QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-20-2014 11:54 AM

Matt Cassel has proven his colossal waste of humanity and time on another team now as well.

Pioli was the worst GM this franchise ever had, bar none. Falling ass over tea kettle in to Houston and Poe excuses nothing.

Dayze 05-20-2014 11:54 AM

Pioli was worse than Millen IMO

Just Passin' By 05-20-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10640713)
You keep believing that, Champ. Go ahead and ignore the Baltimore playoff loss or any of the games where the Chiefs faced superior competition in 2010.

I didn't ignore anything. You are trying to dismiss a simple truth and get the attention off of the fact that you wanted shitty players drafted.. There's a big difference.

Quote:

Any person with eyes could have seen that version of Cassel as a mirage.

2008 proves otherwise.

Quote:

2009, 2011, 2012, and for all intents and purposes, 2013 were shitty years for Cassel. Chalk it up to bad offensive coordinators if you must, but at some point you need to recognize the truth. 4 out of 5 years with the Chiefs and Vikings were shitty. Cassel is a shitty QB. Not just mediocre or inconsistent or only as good as the team around him. Shitty. Bad. Farty. He's a bad QB.

I didn't claim Cassel was a savior, or anything like that. I noted that he was effective enough to get the Chiefs to the playoffs when he had a good O.C.. But the Chiefs should have drafted Sanchez or Freeman, because they've turned out to be the elite of the elite, right? LMAO

RealSNR 05-20-2014 01:05 PM

We were SOOOO much better off with Cassel than we would have been with Freeman or Sanchez! Thanks God we didn't draft a QB bust in the 1st round so we could spend that #3 overall pick on that incredibly valuable component to our defense in Tyson Jackson!

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10640931)
We were SOOOO much better off with Cassel than we would have been with Freeman or Sanchez! Thanks God we didn't draft a QB bust in the 1st round so we could spend that #3 overall pick on that incredibly valuable component to our defense in Tyson Jackson!

Or suck so bad we end up with the #1 overall pick.

Just Passin' By 05-20-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10640931)

Keep trying to shift the focus off of your bleating.

Sanchez!

Freeman!

LMAO

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10640963)

Sanchez!

Freeman!

LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ufuOnyNZe08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 05-20-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Sanchez!

Freeman!

LMAO

I would have rther tried with them 2 guys. At least it was trying.

Just Passin' By 05-20-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10641013)
I would have rther tried with them 2 guys. At least it was trying.

One way's trying and the other way isn't?

That sums up the Chiefsplanet brain damage when it comes to the QB position.

RealSNR 05-21-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Sanchez!

Freeman!

LMAO

Do you have any clue how idiotic you sound right now?

According to you, Cassel is a serviceable QB with the right coaching staff. But Mark Sanchez (who won 4 playoff games his first two seasons in the league) and Geno Smith suck!

If Cassel is as great as you're trying to say he is, then Sanchez and Smith are just as good. It all comes down to potential when making a decision like the Chiefs had in 2009.

And if you'd seriously argue that Cassel has more potential in 2009 as a legit starting QB who can win you a Super Bowl, you're a flaming reerun.

Baby Lee 05-21-2014 03:15 AM

Quote:

Anyone who thinks it was Smith who 'shit away' the playoff game against the Colts is seriously brain damaged.

He scored more points than any Chiefs QB ever has in the playoffs.

Injuries and a lack of depth on D shit that game away, end of story.

TEX 05-21-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10642652)
Anyone who thinks it was Smith who 'shit away' the playoff game against the Colts is seriously brain damaged.

You're spot on with your "brain damage" take. I prefer to call them IDIOTS. They blame Alex for the terms of the trade the same way they blamed Dex for where he was drafted...:shake:

RealSNR 05-21-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10642652)

I don't blame Smith the way I blame Cassel for the playoff losses, but let's not act like Smith played perfectly. He was partly at fault for that loss. Again, if he could manage a sustained drive of longer than 3 lousy minutes in the 3rd and 4th quarters, the Colts run out of time and we win the game. One or two first downs would have done it.

If you want to point to a Chiefs QB who's 100% not at fault for his playoff loss, then you want Trent Green in 2003. Alex Smith could have done a few things to seal the victory that he failed at.

Yes, injuries and defense. That's 80% of the reason why we lost, but it's pretty ****ing digusting how our offense just completely shut the **** down in the 2nd half. We did EVERYTHING the Colts needed us to do (bad time management and all) in order to give them a shot at getting back into the game. And that's through all those 3-and-outs. It's an offensive failure coupled with RB injuries and a Knile Davis fumble, but SOMEBODY is at the helm of that offensive shutdown. Guess who that is?

Do you also not blame Alex Smith at all for the Giants loss when he was in San Francisco? There were a SHIT TON of things he could have done differently to win that game. Like convert a 3rd down. That would have helped. Same story here. I'm not even ****ing asking for more points. I'm asking for a single goddamn first down at ANY point in about a 25-minute period of regulation.

Can't muster that up? Then sorry, but you're partly to blame for the loss.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-21-2014 08:57 AM

Did not put team on back.

Did not put points on board when needed.

The end.

Baby Lee 05-21-2014 09:07 AM

Chiefs offense in 2nd half

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/116118/kick.jpg

That said, at this point Alexbitchers aren't even worth talking too anymore, They might as well not exist.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-21-2014 09:23 AM

The Patriot Way is falling ass over into Tom Brady.

BossChief 05-21-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10642853)
Did not put team on back.

Did not put points on board when needed.

The end.

He absolutly put the team on his back in the playoffs.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-21-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10642888)
He absolutly put the team on his back in the playoffs.

He is what I thought he was.

That said, I'll chalk up "guys dropping like flies" for the loss and move on.

RealSNR 05-21-2014 09:32 AM

Look, I'm not saying Alex didn't have a great game in the playoffs. I'm saying he's not some pure innocent virgin that didn't have a hand at all in a 28-point collapse in less than two ****ing quarters of football. When you lose a lead like that, it's not just the defense, though they deserve the majority of the blame. The offense doesn't have to do very ****ing much in order for the opposing team to run out of time in their comeback. All they need are one or two first downs. Basically, in four possessions, try to retain possession for longer than 10 minutes of regulation. That's not rocket ****ing science, nor is it expecting much out of your offense.

The QB needs to be able to muster up those choice couple of first downs. End of story.

Christ. For once could this ****ing forum try to understand an argument with a morsel of nuance?

BossChief 05-21-2014 09:32 AM

Avery
Charles
Flowers
Davis

When you factor in those injuries to the fact we had Dunta Robinson and Kendrick Lewis out there, it's hard to overcome that situation...and Alex almost did if Bowe would have made an effort to keep his feet in bounds (which he admittedly didn't for fear of injury)

Frosty 05-21-2014 10:12 AM

The killer was the missed pass to Gray. That was a TD. However, I really can't blame Alex for that. He probably never threw a single pass to Gray all season, in games or practice.

RealSNR 05-21-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10642964)
The killer was the missed pass to Gray. That was a TD. However, I really can't blame Alex for that. He probably never threw a single pass to Gray all season, in games or practice.

Absolutely.

And I'm not expecting TDs or even extra field goals. Just first downs.

Two first downs.