ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Luke Joeckel may pique Chiefs’ interest at No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268644)

htismaqe 01-09-2013 02:10 PM

Guys, Gil Brandt was a scout for the Cowboys when facemasks only had one bar. He might be the ONLY NFL talking head that's actually OLDER than milkman.

ncCHIEFfan 01-09-2013 02:12 PM

:LOL:

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9300245)
I'd like Brandt to explain that: WHY should guards be valued that high? How does an outstanding guard make a bigger impact on his team than a merely good QB, pass-rusher, LT or CB? And how big a difference is there between an outstanding guard taken in the top 10 and a merely good guard taken in the 3rd round?

Because Gil Brandt is really, really old. This is a guy who still views the NFL as if it is 1974, when he was a big deal.

He's just old school and having a hard time dealing with the fact the NFL has passed him by. Still thinks spread passing influences are "gimmicks."

milkman 01-09-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9300299)
Guys, Gil Brandt was a scout for the Cowboys when facemasks only had one bar. He might be the ONLY NFL talking head that's actually OLDER than milkman.

I'm not nearly as old as everyone thinks.

Personal life issues got me invested emotionally into football at a very, very young age, and those memories are embedded.

htismaqe 01-09-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9300408)
I'm not nearly as old as everyone thinks.

Personal life issues got me invested emotionally into football at a very, very young age, and those memories are embedded.

Yes, you've explained that before. It isn't nearly as much fun as calling you old, though.

milkman 01-09-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9300420)
Yes, you've explained that before. It isn't nearly as much fun as calling you old, though.

I enjoy the jokes, but I do believe that I have to occassionally address the myth.

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 02:51 PM

810...one caller after another whose sole purpose is to create arguments for not drafting a QB

some idiot has spent 5 minutes arguing that since Boomer Esiason was drafted in the second, we should pass on a QB in the first round...no god damn joke, wouldn't shut up about the 80's

the only upside is that KK has figured it out...he's calling them out for this nonsense

Setsuna 01-09-2013 02:55 PM

ROFL this thread looks like a Jags thread. That's bottom of the barrel. LMAO

warpaint* 01-09-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9297957)
I think Joeckel is an outstanding left tackle prospect...but we already have a fully developed version of him that needs a new contract.

He would be a wasted pick in KC.

Resigning BA is just what the Dr ordered to protect the blindside of a rookie QB learning on the fly. Seems like a no brainer to me.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 04:36 PM

LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by iachief
You don't draft a QB with the number 1 pick that is at best a late first round choice. This pick has to be smart since it is our "luck" that this is the worse QB draft in years and that is our glaring need. We have good talent and shoot, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. You need good coaching, a good running game, and solid D and minimize turnovers. As much as would like us to have a QB, taking someone in this year's class at #1 would be trashing the pick as much as some think taking a LT would trash it. I agree that we should look at trading down and this declaration makes it much more attractive. If you can pick up a 2nd and 4th to move down 10 spots and then stretch for your QB, that may make some sense. However, if he grades out at a LT in the combines as good as he should, I would never be adverse to have Albert move to guard and getting a franchise LT.
Some serious dumbassery in this thread: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22608

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9300758)
LMAO

Some serious dumbassery in this thread: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22608

Why? Why did you link, and why did I read it.

:doh!:

Bewbies 01-09-2013 04:47 PM

I had a guy on twitter last night tell me the Dolphins made the right pick taking Long over Ryan because Long has been an All Pro LT.

LMAO

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9300821)
I had a guy on twitter last night tell me the Dolphins made the right pick taking Long over Ryan because Long has been an All Pro LT.

LMAO

Antfreeze. Especially this year, when Ryan has taken the next step and Long has fallen apart.

Speaking of Longs...

I would be fine with taking Kyle Long in round 2 IF Albert is not re-signed. He'll be a very good NFL OT, IMO. A bit of a crazy guy/headcase, but I like the way he has played in that Oregon system.

siberian khatru 01-09-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

However, if he grades out at a LT in the combines as good as he should, I would never be adverse to have Albert move to guard and getting a franchise LT.
There it is again! It never goes away! NEVER!

ToxSocks 01-09-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9300758)
LMAO

Can't fix stupid.

But you can at least lock them in a closet over there at Chiefscrowd.

ToxSocks 01-09-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9300881)
There it is again! It never goes away! NEVER!

I don't understand the infatuation with moving Albert to Guard. It's....i just can't believe.

Typical "Casual" fan who thinks he knows more than he does I guess.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-09-2013 05:53 PM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Also: Andy Reid didn't draft Donald Stephenson. With Branden Albert a free agent, the BEST pick for #Chiefs is Luke Joeckel. Easy.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9301045)

Also: Andy Reid didn't draft Donald Stephenson. With Branden Albert a free agent, the BEST pick for #Chiefs is Luke Joeckel. Easy.

:facepalm: When will the idiocy end?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9301045)

Just how dumb are these sumbitches? Nooooooooooooooooooo resigning a pretty good LT and finally fixing your biggest need doesn't make annnnnnny sense at all. These hacks should find another line of work.

Reerun_KC 01-09-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9300428)
I enjoy the jokes, but I do believe that I have to occassionally address the myth.

LOL Old guy...

O.city 01-09-2013 05:55 PM

New coaches mean new LT's? Didn't know that.

It's ****ing stupid that this is even a thought, it really is.

O.city 01-09-2013 05:58 PM

Also the whole, "Reid didnt' draft him" talk is a Pioli thing.

If the guys a good player, pay him.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 06:01 PM

This is going to be a flustrating offseason me thinks.

Easy 6 01-09-2013 06:01 PM

After all of the well documented O line woes in philly, no way does Reid NOT resign Albert.

With a sure thing in place, why would he gamble on such an important position?

Answer - he wouldnt.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-09-2013 06:02 PM

If I'm Andy Reid, I'd rather have Luke Joeckel and Ryan Nassib than Geno Smith and any player in Rd 2.

Good luck to Andy Reid and whomever his GM will be. Fighting an uphill battle with a fan base that demands a QB in a QB-less draft

The Bad Guy 01-09-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9301075)

If I'm Andy Reid, I'd rather have Luke Joeckel and Ryan Nassib than Geno Smith and any player in Rd 2.

I'd rather buy my car from a gypsy than get any NFL opinions from Bleacher Report writers.

O.city 01-09-2013 06:04 PM

You're thinking of Matt Millen.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-09-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9301077)
I'd rather buy my car from a gypsy than get any NFL opinions from Bleacher Report writers.

So true

RunKC 01-09-2013 06:04 PM

Is Ryan Nassib any good? I mean he did have a quality offensive coach, but I admit he's the one guy I have no clue about.

At least we get to see the guy in the Senior Bowl. I'd like to see him first hand.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Good luck to Andy Reid and whomever his GM will be. Fighting an uphill battle with a fan base that demands a QB in a QB-less draft

How about Branden Albert, Geno Smith, AND whoever the hell they want in round 2. Tweet that to the douchebag regards PGM.

O.city 01-09-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9301085)
Is Ryan Nassib any good? I mean he did have a quality offensive coach, but I admit he's the one guy I have no clue about.

At least we get to see the guy in the Senior Bowl. I'd like to see him first hand.

Didn't you watch the Pinstripe bowl?

OnTheWarpath15 01-09-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Some other BR writer recently released a mock in which he notes KC needs a QB, but gives us Joeckel.

He follows up with - guess who - Geno Smith to Jacksonville.

Seriously, people are ****ing stupid.

ToxSocks 01-09-2013 06:08 PM

This is a really bad start to what is sure to be an extremely irritating offseason.

The dumbassery is THICK this year. I might have to take some time away from CP.

O.city 01-09-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9301101)
Some other BR writer recently released a mock in which he notes KC needs a QB, but gives us Joeckel.

He follows up with - guess who - Geno Smith to Jacksonville.

Seriously, people are ****ing stupid.

I saw that mock.

Really, the Chiefs need a QB, but not one worth the 1 pick but there's one worth the 2? Really?

RunKC 01-09-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9301093)
Didn't you watch the Pinstripe bowl?

Yes but I didn't give a shit about Nassib because I thought he was a 4th round prospect.

Didn't focus on him at all.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Who the **** is this reerun?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 06:13 PM

Nomo????

htismaqe 01-09-2013 06:23 PM

He might be trolling. He's been saying for 6-odd weeks on WHB that the Chiefs HAVE to take a QB.

Those tweets are WAY out of character.

htismaqe 01-09-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Matt Miller is actually pretty decent. He used to run a professional scouting site and he coached special teams for the Joplin Crusaders.

Tribal Warfare 01-09-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9301160)
He might be trolling. He's been saying for 6-odd weeks on WHB that the Chiefs HAVE to take a QB.

Those tweets are WAY out of character.

Reid said we have to get good IMPACT players which would be QB,passrushers,or WRs. QB is the obvious choice since we have the passrushers, and if we sign D-Bowe WRs are covered.

ToxSocks 01-09-2013 06:50 PM

You know what?

This is all Dane's fault.

**** you Dane and this stupid thread.

Sorter 01-09-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9301089)
How about Branden Albert, Geno Smith, AND whoever the hell they want in round 2. Tweet that to the douchebag regards PGM.

I'd bet that mongoloid would want to move Albert to guard. ROFL

O.city 01-09-2013 07:01 PM

Why does it matter if such and such didn't draft a guy? If he's good, isn't he infact, well good?

Sorter 01-09-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9301085)

I have him 3rd behind Geno and Wilson and ahead of Barkley. I believe Nightfyre has a similar ranking(4th iirc).

Good pocket presence and ability to move within it, solid arm, very quick, snappy release. He won't be available in round 2 IMO.

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

I just blasted that dude. He also had a tweet about the 83 draft and getting what they deserve for reaching for a QB in Rnd 1 to take a QB.

I'll take Brandon Albert, Geno and whoever they take at No. 34 (Hell, if you want to take a tackle, Kyle Long is a quality pick there, or a WR).

Sorter 01-09-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9301314)
I just blasted that dude. He also had a tweet about the 83 draft and getting what they deserve for reaching for a QB in Rnd 1 to take a QB.

I'll take Brandon Albert, Geno and whoever they take at No. 34 (Hell, if you want to take a tackle, Kyle Long is a quality pick there, or a WR).

Twat that fool this "How'd that work out for the Miami Dolphins?"

okcchief 01-09-2013 07:30 PM

I would like to do a study on the health effects on your mother ****ers that overreact to every little article. There is no reason to worry for at least a month. Enjoy the new coaching hire and let your heart explode later.

DaneMcCloud 01-09-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9301241)
You know what?

This is all Dane's fault.

**** you Dane and this stupid thread.

You're welcome

Chiefshrink 01-09-2013 07:37 PM

Jets fans and Chiefs fans will have a good chance of having a lot in common after this upcoming draft. Now granted Jets fans are usually over zealous on draft day but the 95 draft beats all of them.

In the '95' draft when word got out about Sapp that he was probably going to fall and he fell to the Jets who had the 9th pick. Jets fans were excited as hell going crazy screaming for them to take Sapp and then Tags makes the announcement, "With the 9th pick of the 1995 NFL Draft, The NY Jets select........ "Kyle Brady" Penn State University. The look on their faces was one of those 'Mastercard" Priceless Moments because there was a long pause before they went "APE SHIT" !!!

I think some Chiefs fans and some CPers have a better than 50/50 chance of experiencing that same look and moment going 'Postal' IF Geno is NOT TAKEN with our 1st pick.

RunKC 01-09-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9301299)
I have him 3rd behind Geno and Wilson and ahead of Barkley. I believe Nightfyre has a similar ranking(4th iirc).

Good pocket presence and ability to move within it, solid arm, very quick, snappy release. He won't be available in round 2 IMO.

I have mixed feelings about him.

He looks really good at times and mediocre in others. I have him 3rd like you.

If we were to take a QB later, this would probably be the guy.

KCrockaholic 01-09-2013 07:52 PM

Eric Winston ‏@ericwinston
@nfldraftscout Hali, Poe, Star, Houston??? Yikes. Camp will be no fun.

jd1020 01-09-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9301446)

**** Winston.

Bewbies 01-09-2013 07:57 PM

I wonder how many times it's worked for a team to draft the not QB in the top 3, and then take a QB in the 2nd?

Off the top of my head:
Miami Long over Ryan
Cinci maybe with Dalton and Green, but no playoff wins yet...
San Diego took Tomlinson and Brees, won nothing..

Who am I missing?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-09-2013 08:02 PM

You could almost convince me that the national media has embedded trolls whose job it is to antagonize fanbases like ours.

However, that would require they actually know something about the information they cover.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9301446)

Someone tell that bitch we need a ****ing QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-09-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9301457)
I wonder how many times it's worked for a team to draft the not QB in the top 3, and then take a QB in the 2nd?

Off the top of my head:
Miami Long over Ryan
Cinci maybe with Dalton and Green, but no playoff wins yet...
San Diego took Tomlinson and Brees, won nothing..

Who am I missing?

Browns w/ Thomas and Quinn kind of like this.

splatbass 01-09-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9299393)
I know you're unfamiliar with how the world works, but try to listen carefully.

We say, "I'm done if _______" where _______ is a thing that has to happen for us to be done.

I and many others have thus far only said "I'm leaving this team if ***** is still here."

***** is not here.

Therefore, I have not left the team.

Do you understand now? So now I can say "I'm leaving if the Chiefs draft a tackle at #1 overall"

Let's see if they draft a tackle at #1 overall.

TC is STILL saying this. Shit or get off the pot. No one is forcing you to be a fan, and no one gives a shit if you are done. The threats are meaningless.

splatbass 01-09-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9299397)
meh..i'm glad people cry when they read my posts

i've been pretty consistent...get rid of *****, draft a QB

in the absence of either, I'm finding something else to waste my life on...i don't give a fat **** who the coach is

And like I said, your threats are meaningless. No one cares if you are done because the team didn't do what you want them to do, and you threatening to be done will never change anything. You aren't that important, get over yourself.

milkman 01-09-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9301511)
TC is STILL saying this. Shit or get off the pot. No one is forcing you to be a fan, and no one gives a shit if you are done. The threats are meaningless.

If you stepped off a curb and got run over by a bus, would anyone care?

NJChiefsFan 01-09-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9301531)

Street cleaners might frown.

Dayze 01-09-2013 08:29 PM

Mitch Dufus said today on the radio he'd trade teh #1 for Matt Flynn and some other picks.

shit you not.

splatbass 01-09-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9301531)

No one on CP. And I don't expect them to.

But saying "if they do XXX I'm done" or "If they don't do XXXX I'm done" is like the kid saying "If I don't get to play QB I'm taking my ball and going home". Except that none of us have the ball and going home makes no difference to anyone.

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9301523)
And like I said, your threats are meaningless. No one cares if you are done because the team didn't do what you want them to do, and you threatening to be done will never change anything. You aren't that important, get over yourself.

you care, apparently....

did you cry all day at work before posting this?

splatbass 01-09-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9301647)
you care, apparently....

did you cry all day at work before posting this?

You: "If I don't get my way I'm done".

And you say I'm the one crying?

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9301661)
You: "If I don't get my way I'm done".

And you say I'm the one crying?

you seem very concerned with my posts

i can't think of a post of yours....for any reason

but I'm glad my posts make your vag leak....it makes me happy

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9301623)
Mitch Dufus said today on the radio he'd trade teh #1 for Matt Flynn and some other picks.

shit you not.

I already freaked the thread out with this.

We suggested Mitch drink some antifreeze, I think.

Deberg_1990 01-09-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9301400)
Jets fans and Chiefs fans will have a good chance of having a lot in common after this upcoming draft. Now granted Jets fans are usually over zealous on draft day but the 95 draft beats all of them.

In the '95' draft when word got out about Sapp that he was probably going to fall and he fell to the Jets who had the 9th pick. Jets fans were excited as hell going crazy screaming for them to take Sapp and then Tags makes the announcement, "With the 9th pick of the 1995 NFL Draft, The NY Jets select........ "Kyle Brady" Penn State University. The look on their faces was one of those 'Mastercard" Priceless Moments because there was a long pause before they went "APE SHIT" !!!

I think some Chiefs fans and some CPers have a better than 50/50 chance of experiencing that same look and moment going 'Postal' IF Geno is NOT TAKEN with our 1st pick.

It never gets old

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YOYMQxwSORo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan 01-09-2013 08:51 PM

That's so funny.

"NY Jets select full back.."

fan cuts in "oh noooo!"

Strongside 01-09-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

shit you not.

That's a shooting spree waiting to happen.

Strongside 01-09-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9301689)
It never gets old

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YOYMQxwSORo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"They said they were gonna take Marino if he was there. Obviously, the Jets know something that the people up here don't."

No, man. No they didn't.

Reerun_KC 01-09-2013 08:56 PM

well we have the ability to make the jets look like geniuses this year...

We draft some asshat left tackle or some junk ilb we will be saying oh nooo.....

Rain Man 01-09-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9301689)
It never gets old

The Marino part was funny, but I really liked the part where the fans are shouting for Warren Sapp and they drafted Kyle Brady.

Bewbies 01-09-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9301477)
Browns w/ Thomas and Quinn kind of like this.

That's a good one too, except that there were no QB's taken. They got the same QB at 21 that they wanted at 3...

And he sucks.

WV 01-10-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9298889)
Uhh, Pawnmower for sure going into this year.

I know you're going to bold "still" but I can guarantee you that there are a large quantity of human beings on this planet who want Joekel + Cassel/Quinn next year.

Just look at the save our chiefs FB page. I did once and nearly mailed people individual bottles of bleach.

Amazing how ridiculous and incredibly stupid on that FB page.

Frankie 01-10-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9300120)
No, I would not be comfortable moving down to 5.

I would, because I don't consider Geno by far the best QB in this draft. So far he hasn't put a big distance between himself and the second best. I would be happy with the second best (Tyler Wilson?) IF for our little "sacrifice" we get somebody's arm and a leg in terms of present and future draft picks.

Frankie 01-10-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9299995)
You're crazy

No I'm not. See below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9300181)
Ah. Too fat for you. That's cool. I respect the Omaha camp.

Didn't say too fat. Said wide around the waist. apples and oranges. Exhibit A:

http://www.sinalcofriends.com/data/m..._in_bikini.jpg

And the face does not do enough to compensate for it.

Bewbies 01-10-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9302974)
I would, because I don't consider Geno by far the best QB in this draft. So far he hasn't put a big distance between himself and the second best. I would be happy with the second best (Tyler Wilson?) IF for our little "sacrifice" we get somebody's arm and a leg in terms of present and future draft picks.

San Diego used this logic to grab Leaf.

I don't care how big the difference is, or how little it is, we want THE BEST one.

Frankie 01-10-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

shit you not.

Well, if Reid did this and got Seattle's 2nd and next year's 1st for the switch, I would trust his judgement. I would take it as Flynn being better than everybody here thinks he is. But that's a very very big IF because Seattle wouldn't wanna do this trade.

Frankie 01-10-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9302998)
San Diego used this logic to grab Leaf.

I don't care how big the difference is, or how little it is, we want THE BEST one.

Oh please do not compare Geno Smith to Peyton Manning. EVER!

If PM were in this draft I'd be totally on board with and aggressively protective of keeping the first pick.

duncan_idaho 01-10-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9303048)
Well, if Reid did this and got Seattle's 2nd and next year's 1st for the switch, I would trust his judgement. I would take it as Flynn being better than everybody here thinks he is. But that's a very very big IF because Seattle wouldn't wanna do this trade.

Trading No. 1 overall for No. 58 and what will likely be a high 20s pick in 2014 and Matt Flynn?

I think that would make me vomit.

Look at it this way: Matt Cassel was more proven (full season vs. 3 games) and had much more RAW value at the time he was traded for than Flynn currently does. His stock hadn't been dinged by being beaten out by a short rookie who was a mid-round pick. Cassel was worth a second-round pick.

No. 1 overall is worth more than what Holthus or you are suggesting here, even in a draft with no clear-cut No. 1 guy.

KC has beaten the "trade for someone else's backup because he looked good in a few games and might be great here!" approach to f***ing death. Time to try something new.

Random thought: If Joeckel is viewed as the top guy and you think you can build interest in him for other teams in the top 5, out-and-out denying interest in him would be a mistake on the Chiefs' part.

Hey, I'll go Madden-esque for a second... maybe JAX decides it needs another franchise tackle like Tony Boselli. Offer them No. 1 for No. 2 and, say, Blaine Gabbert (or a 4th round pick, which should be about the difference in value).