ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Grand Theft Auto V Trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274400)

Dayze 09-17-2013 06:16 AM

damn. I hope my Gamestop has a copy today.

OnTheWarpath15 09-17-2013 07:16 AM

Good call on Wal-Mart.

Had 4 copies left, no one was in the store, in and out in less than 5 minutes.

ragedogg69 09-17-2013 08:15 AM

The graphics seem way improved over IV. Or maybe it is just more colorful. I loved the beginning. Also running it from my ps3 HDD and not getting any of the pop ups as seen here: http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/16/473...mparison-video

On reddit they said the same can happen on a ps3, but i have a 1 TB 5400 drive in my, so that maybe why I dont have a problem.

DMAC 09-17-2013 08:21 AM

It's really hard being at work knowing there is a copy waiting for me to pick up at Best Buy.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/26fec5486...m6axo1_500.gif

Dayze 09-17-2013 08:29 AM

LMAO

the right hand finger tap is what's getting me for some reason.

hometeam 09-17-2013 08:36 AM

Picking mine up after work tonight.

KC native 09-17-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9986153)
Go to a 24/7 Walmart at any time and you should be good to go. Midnight releases are hilarious when you see a line of dumbasses outside of a Gamestop on your way to a local, deserted Walmart.

heh that's exactly what I did last night. I taught my nephew that trick last night.

Kraus 09-17-2013 10:27 AM

I should have my copy in a day or so. Got it from newegg for $48.

lcarus 09-17-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 9986810)
Grand Theft Awesome, unless youre one of those people with just the 4GB HDD on 360. Game requires that you have at least 8GB free to install disc one. You can then either install disc 2 as well, or simply play the content from the disc, but you absolutely have to have 8GB storage on 360 to play.

Minor nitpick, they're still using A for the goddamn sprint. SOME OF US LIKE TO TURN OUR CAMERA WHILE WE RUN FOR OUR LIVES, R*!!

Heh.

That aside, the hour and a half I spent with it was loaded with awesome. Driving is phenomenally better than 4, and the cover and gunplay system is right on point. Gunfights are a helluva lot of fun, and that's really a GTA first for me. Seems like you can finally use weapons besides an SMG while in a car as well, as I fired a regular pistol out my window at someone who wasn't moving along fast enough. They got the message.

Streamlined the radio stations into a weapon wheel like menu, so that you can flip to your favorite station, or if youre like me, turn it off, instantly.

Minimap is great, allows you to see a lot of area around your location and GPS guide gives you a line to your destination.

If you get messed up, your character reflects that with visible injuries and bloody clothes that persist until you return home and save the game at the bed. I took a bit of a tumble off of my BMX on the halfpipe and looked like roadkill.

Quick Save option available through the cell phone when not in a mission. Thank You Jesus.

The ability to replay missions becomes unlocked at the end of each mission, so that's cool. With as many ways as there are to approach these, this ups the replay value instantly.

That's about all I have for now. I didn't play very long. Did a few missions and laughed out loud several times at the dialogue, so really looking forward to more of that. The big installation time, and downloading my ability to fly the blimp really ate into my play time this evening. Calling it a night, and playing some more tomorrow.

Everything points toward this being a ****ing masterpiece.

Agree on all points. This is a masterpiece. Now get to workin on Red Dead 2, Rockstar!

Dayze 09-17-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Grand Theft Awesome, unless youre one of those people with just the 4GB HDD on 360. Game requires that you have at least 8GB free to install disc one. You can then either install disc 2 as well, or simply play the content from the disc, but you absolutely have to have 8GB storage on 360 to play.

Minor nitpick, they're still using A for the goddamn sprint. SOME OF US LIKE TO TURN OUR CAMERA WHILE WE RUN FOR OUR LIVES, R*!!

Heh.

That aside, the hour and a half I spent with it was loaded with awesome. Driving is phenomenally better than 4, and the cover and gunplay system is right on point. Gunfights are a helluva lot of fun, and that's really a GTA first for me. Seems like you can finally use weapons besides an SMG while in a car as well, as I fired a regular pistol out my window at someone who wasn't moving along fast enough. They got the message.

Streamlined the radio stations into a weapon wheel like menu, so that you can flip to your favorite station, or if youre like me, turn it off, instantly.

Minimap is great, allows you to see a lot of area around your location and GPS guide gives you a line to your destination.

If you get messed up, your character reflects that with visible injuries and bloody clothes that persist until you return home and save the game at the bed. I took a bit of a tumble off of my BMX on the halfpipe and looked like roadkill.

Quick Save option available through the cell phone when not in a mission. Thank You Jesus.

The ability to replay missions becomes unlocked at the end of each mission, so that's cool. With as many ways as there are to approach these, this ups the replay value instantly.
That's about all I have for now. I didn't play very long. Did a few missions and laughed out loud several times at the dialogue, so really looking forward to more of that. The big installation time, and downloading my ability to fly the blimp really ate into my play time this evening. Calling it a night, and playing some more tomorrow.

Everything points toward this being a ****ing masterpiece.

awesome
Do you have to do additionanl downloads for aircraft etc/?

Dayze 09-17-2013 11:02 AM

Meh. It's not all that it's cracked up to be / EA Sports

Buck 09-17-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9987007)
It's really hard being at work knowing there is a copy waiting for me to pick up at Best Buy.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/26fec5486...m6axo1_500.gif

I ordered a copy for myself and one for my brother from amazon so I keep getting text updates that's they are being delivered today and that's really pissing me off lol.

ragedogg69 09-17-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

wut? The radio stations are one of my favorite parts of any GTA game.

From the few reviews I have read, the number one complaint of the story is
Spoiler!

Dayze 09-17-2013 11:26 AM

R8ers would never be in debt to a cartel, that's for sure

Bump 09-17-2013 11:30 AM

only 30 minutes in, this game is BAD TO THE BONE!!!

loving it so far, the graphics seems to be a lot better too. The driving is way easier, some people might look at that as a negative. I love the Max Payne style shooting and 3rd person view. The opening mission was like heat in the country! I'm gonna no life this shit.

Dayze 09-17-2013 11:34 AM

do you have to start out with missions? Or can you go straight into hoodlum mode and screw around?

Wallcrawler 09-17-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9987302)
awesome
Do you have to do additionanl downloads for aircraft etc/?

No, the preorder bonus was to allow you to fly that big ass Atomic Blimp. That's the only aircraft that needed downloading. You can call for it on your phone and it will get dropped off at the closest place to you that can accommodate its size.

As for your other question, there are a few missions that need to be undertaken at the outset, as sort of a "get to know how GTA V is gonna work" kinda deal. Once you get out of that and back to your house, you can do whatever.

Seems like the good stuff doesn't unlock without progressing the story though, so its a good idea to get cracking on that so you can buy the badass guns and unlock the parachute.

Weapon upgrades are pretty slick. Im digging that quite a bit.

Dayze 09-17-2013 12:06 PM

god damn I can't wait.

I'm sure at some point someone will publish which missions unlock what etc.

kysirsoze 09-17-2013 12:08 PM

Mine is "guaranteed" to be delivered by Amazon today. I am still nervously awaiting it's arrival.

KC native 09-17-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 9987527)
No, the preorder bonus was to allow you to fly that big ass Atomic Blimp. That's the only aircraft that needed downloading. You can call for it on your phone and it will get dropped off at the closest place to you that can accommodate its size.

As for your other question, there are a few missions that need to be undertaken at the outset, as sort of a "get to know how GTA V is gonna work" kinda deal. Once you get out of that and back to your house, you can do whatever.

Seems like the good stuff doesn't unlock without progressing the story though, so its a good idea to get cracking on that so you can buy the badass guns and unlock the parachute.

Weapon upgrades are pretty slick. Im digging that quite a bit.

hah, my non-preordered Walmart copy had the Atomic blimp code in it.

Dayze 09-17-2013 12:16 PM

man...I wonder what the chances are of a Gamestop having a copy available today. I knew I should've pre-ordered.

lcarus 09-17-2013 12:27 PM

The radio stations seem to have a small number of songs per station. Not that I really care about that. Just pointing it out.

hometeam 09-17-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9987572)
man...I wonder what the chances are of a Gamestop having a copy available today. I knew I should've pre-ordered.

As stated previously, unless you are using trade in credit or something go to walmart.

You guys are killing me with game updates! My game is waiting for me at gamestop (I had trade money) as soon as I get out of here. 4.5 more hours to go!

Dayze 09-17-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9987628)
As stated previously, unless you are using trade in credit or something go to walmart.

You guys are killing me with game updates! My game is waiting for me at gamestop (I had trade money) as soon as I get out of here. 4.5 more hours to go!

yeah; I have a $50 gift card. unless I can convince the wife to let me get it at Wal-Mart lol

SLAG 09-17-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9987323)
I ordered a copy for myself and one for my brother from amazon so I keep getting text updates that's they are being delivered today and that's really pissing me off lol.

I pre-ordered mine on amazon too - UPS is very predictable They always come around 6PM ! :cuss:

kysirsoze 09-17-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9987656)
I pre-ordered mine on amazon too - UPS is very predictable They always come around 6PM ! :cuss:

Same here! The last three apartments I've lived in! Surely they deliver all day. Next place I live I need to ask when UPS delivers before I sign the lease.

KC native 09-17-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Games never sell out. Hardware does.

L.A. Chieffan 09-17-2013 01:16 PM

I walked into my local gamestop and they had a line wrapped around the store to get the game.

In the same shopping center is a Wal-Mart, I walked in there and picked up the game and walked out in five minutes. Also there is a code for the blimp in the box.

Dayze 09-17-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9987708)
Games never sell out. Hardware does.

:hmmm:
come to think of it, I've always noticed that. each time a huge release comes out, I never pre-order but I'm still able to get it the day of.

I'm going to swing by home, then to Gamestop; if I get it, I'm then hitting up Chipotle for an order of tacos and a burrito bowl. then getting beer.

L.A. Chieffan 09-17-2013 01:17 PM

Almost 8 1/2 gigs to install. Damn

SLAG 09-17-2013 01:24 PM

When It Gets here should I install on the PS3?
Also what is a good excuse to call in to work and school the rest of the week?

Ovarian Cysts - Yeah I think I've got those

Mugalug 09-17-2013 01:26 PM

Downloading on the PS3 now. Woot!

BryanBusby 09-17-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9987735)
When It Gets here should I install on the PS3?
Also what is a good excuse to call in to work and school the rest of the week?

Ovarian Cysts - Yeah I think I've got those

buttcrack cancer

Dayze 09-17-2013 01:36 PM

Count Choculitis

kysirsoze 09-17-2013 01:40 PM

I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT IT'S HERE!!! SQUEE!!!

Quesadilla Joe 09-17-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

I bet you can download it from the PSN store.

Quesadilla Joe 09-17-2013 01:42 PM

I'm gonna try to hold out until Gamefly ships it to me, or if I hear it's coming to the PS4 I'll wait and buy it then.

KC native 09-17-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9987711)
In the same shopping center is a Wal-Mart, I walked in there and picked up the game and walked out in five minutes. Also there is a code for the blimp in the box.

Q

Quesadilla Joe 09-17-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9987656)

Yeah UPS always delivers late to me too. The FedEx sorting facility is just a mile from my house and whenever FedEx delivers it to me I get it at like 8 in the morning. Wish Amazon would switch carriers :(

ragedogg69 09-17-2013 01:53 PM

I cannot remember if this was in IV but there are police chases not involving you. If you follow them, some pretty bad ass scripted events happen. I saw one cop car get destroyed by a train and launch into traffic, blowing them up. Made me go "whoa"

kysirsoze 09-17-2013 01:54 PM

Living in Los Angeles, I can already tell by the map that I'll have a blast driving around seeing all their parodies of famous places. This install feels like it's taking forever....

hometeam 09-17-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9987784)
I cannot remember if this was in IV but there are police chases not involving you. If you follow them, some pretty bad ass scripted events happen. I saw one cop car get destroyed by a train and launch into traffic, blowing them up. Made me go "whoa"

Not in IV

Ultra Peanut 09-17-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

There's a lot more action going on in the city now, definitely. The random events and car chases (now YOU can be the asshole taking pics on your phone) seem like a great step forward from Red Dead's starting point.

Consistent1 09-17-2013 03:00 PM

I ended up buying the damn thing. I'm gonna take a nap, and kick some ass later. So, I am back in in on the crew stuff.

Bowser 09-17-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

I haven't been to a Gamestop today, but my travels have taken me to both a Best Buy and a Target, and they had copies 'o plenty available. That might change after the high schools let out, though.

Dayze 09-17-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

lol.

SLAG 09-17-2013 03:14 PM

The OP should be updated with PSN/XBOX usernames

SAUTO 09-17-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9987557)
hah, my non-preordered Walmart copy had the Atomic blimp code in it.

mine too

KC native 09-17-2013 03:41 PM

I don't think I will have time to play it tonight. I let my nephew (17 yo) that's living with us now play for awhile last night. With Sons of Anarchy tonight, going to the gym, and picking up nephew from work, it looks like I'll be waiting another day. From what I saw last night it looked bad ass.

And I still have to finish Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Buck 09-17-2013 04:18 PM

I get off at 4:15ish, gonna race home, install data, go to the gym, and hopefully I'll play around 6 pm.

****ing gym.

TLO 09-17-2013 05:07 PM

Just got home with my copy. Woot!

bowener 09-17-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9987766)
I'm gonna try to hold out until Gamefly ships it to me, or if I hear it's coming to the PS4 I'll wait and buy it then.

It will be on next gen. Pretty sure I read that somewhere several times. PC in a few months as well.

SnakeXJones 09-17-2013 06:10 PM

This seriously has been my least exciting game along with COD Ghosts I didnt like GTA 4 since it was the most boring of the series but still hoping to get this down the road

ragedogg69 09-17-2013 07:17 PM

A couple quick questions:
Spoiler!

TLO 09-17-2013 07:30 PM

Last GTA game I played was San Andres (on PS2), so it's taking me a little time to get used to the controls on the Xbox. So far so good though.

Ceej 09-17-2013 07:44 PM

Just got home. Winding down and unpacking then I plan to dab a little.

Consistent1 09-17-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9987897)
I haven't been to a Gamestop today, but my travels have taken me to both a Best Buy and a Target, and they had copies 'o plenty available. That might change after the high schools let out, though.

They had a ton of them at the Wal Mart I went to, but I was told they had been selling a bunch and that was early.

TribalElder 09-17-2013 09:37 PM

Huge installation just about done

Got the last special edition version in my area

Yeeah

Ultra Peanut 09-17-2013 10:30 PM

I just got back from a concert, which was amazing and all but had one big problem: I couldn't play GTA V during it. Or on the train after. *sob*

Also, just another advert for my attempt at a CP Social Club Crew:

Cheef Planet
http://i.imgur.com/uT7b0Oa.png

I'm a 360er but I don't really know how Crews work so feel free to join regardless. vOv

TLO 09-17-2013 10:57 PM

So I'm really bad at shootouts. Going to take a little time to get that all worked out. I've been wanting to just go out and explore, but the story has me hooked.

Buck 09-18-2013 12:01 AM

Game is amazing. Played 3.5 hours time for bed :'(

kcxiv 09-18-2013 02:12 AM

The old school rap channel is amazing all the old school west coast classics.

kcxiv 09-18-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9987985)
mine too

All launch day games do. Once the second batch of games is shipped there won't be.

Wallcrawler 09-18-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9988550)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ragedogg69 09-18-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 9989560)
So I'm really bad at shootouts. Going to take a little time to get that all worked out. I've been wanting to just go out and explore, but the story has me hooked.

yeah anything that has manual aim for shooting I am screwed. I even went to the shooting range with Franklin and still struggle.

hometeam 09-18-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9989801)
yeah anything that has manual aim for shooting I am screwed. I even went to the shooting range with Franklin and still struggle.

This is why I hate console. 2 thumb controllers is just muddy and innacurate for aiming.

I got used to it last night after some sensitivity tweaking but still, not getting headshots, and really just allowing the autoaim to do its thing.

GTA IV on PC? I headshot every mother****er who looked at me.

Other than that, I am greatly impressed with the driving mechanics, Anyone took a banshee on a 160MPH ride through traffic yet? Thing handles like a race car.

Dayze 09-18-2013 07:25 AM

I brought my $50 Gamestop gift card with me today so I can pick it up on the way home.
Can't wait. Sounds like there is a huge installation time though? ?
Is it something so long that I should start it, then carry on about my business around the house for a while?

Sincerely - Nico

DMAC 09-18-2013 07:31 AM

How is this game even possible. It blows my mind.

DMAC 09-18-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9989828)
I brought my $50 Gamestop gift card with me today so I can pick it up on the way home.
Can't wait. Sounds like there is a huge installation time though? ?
Is it something so long that I should start it, then carry on about my business around the house for a while?

Sincerely - Nico

20 minutes

Urc Burry 09-18-2013 08:20 AM

Twice now right at the end of a mission just before it saves my game has gone black and went to the home screen.. So I installed the disc onto my Xbox and u haven't had any problems since.. That was annoying though

OnTheWarpath15 09-18-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9988550)
Spoiler!

Yeah, I got to that mission yesterday and beyond it - and I didn't play anywhere near 11 hours.

I'm guessing they took time to play all the Freaks/Strangers games, as well as some golf/tennis and just cruising around.

Dayze 09-18-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9989838)
How is this game even possible. It blows my mind.

:cuss:
don't post this crap when I can't play it.

:)

mdchiefsfan 09-18-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9989960)
:cuss:
don't post this crap when I can't play it.

:)

This. My roommate bought it yesterday and I was pretty uncertain about it. Then I saw how improved the driving appeared to be from 4 and it caught my interest. Reading this thread has me itching to get home, but I have to study for a psychology exam :cuss:

TinyEvel 09-18-2013 09:15 AM

The writing and the radio stations in this game make it worth the money alone. I think a lot of young white kids are gonna be calling each other the N word even more than they already do, though.

I've only played it about two hours but I can see me pulling a few all-nighters with this one for sure.

The Franchise 09-18-2013 09:24 AM

My wife had surgery yesterday.....so I didn't get to play at all. I think it's time for her to go.

DMAC 09-18-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9990055)
My wife had surgery yesterday.....so I didn't get to play at all. I think it's time for her to go.

Take it out on a hooker.

mdchiefsfan 09-18-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9990080)
Take it out on a hooker.

LMAO One of the funniest, yet simplest, things my friend did was sneak up and deliver a haymaker to the back of an unsuspecting random person's head. The guy dropped like a brick. I laughed my ass off.

Bowser 09-18-2013 11:02 AM

Man, I can see how you could just plain get lost playing this game. All I did was dip my toe in the game with Franklin getting the bike back job and an hour and a half was gone. So much to see and do in this world.

Dayze 09-18-2013 11:20 AM

the end of the work day can't come soon enough

mdchiefsfan 09-18-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9990320)
the end of the work day can't come soon enough

7 minutes :D