ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs La Canfora-Peters trade was mandated by Clark Hunt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314137)

oldandslow 02-27-2018 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13441233)
Clark had nothing to do with it

Horse hockey

Chiefnj2 02-27-2018 07:40 AM

People jumped all over Tamba Hali last offseason when he questioned the leadership, or lack of leadership, on this team. He was 100% correct.

The team lacks discipline. They committed way too many penalties last year and were soft. How many third down plays were called back for a dumb penalty? Where was the defensive leadership when the team needed a stop on 3rd down?

Andy let Kelce and Peters get away with way too much until it eventually boiled over for Peters against the Jets. I'm not saying Peters is a saint or blameless. I was disgusted by his sitting during the anthem after the Vegas shooting. I'm sure he was a headache during the week. But if you have a strong coaching and locker room presence, I don't think things get out of hand like they did.

This thread is solid proof that a good number of fans were never going to accept Peters again for kneeling or sitting during the anthem, and that race is in an undercurrent in these events.

KC is a team that can keep negotiations a secret when they want, but they went out of their way to leak as much dirt (and who really knows what is true) on Peters as humanly possible. It's not a good look. At the end of the day Peters does not have any off field arrests or investigations. No suspensions or drug use. He was never fined for skipping meetings or conduct detrimental to the team, or anything like that.

For fans to now claim he sucks and wasn't that good, is just an absolute joke. He pretty much shut down his side of the field and his turnover numbers are crazy. For people to be offended that Peters thought Smith got a raw deal is funny and just strengthens the whole perception of the midwest sports having an inferiority complex.

At the end of the day I still don't understand the need to trade Peters immediately for a very poor return. It sure seems like ownership had a role in the decision. In any event Peters gets out of a team that ended up being a bad fit for him and finds himself on an ascending team on the west coast closer to home. KC is left trying to fill his shoes on Sunday but saves on some aspirin for its headache during the week. The team also knows that its loyal and conservative fan base will buy it's sales pitch hook, line and sinker and end up rationalizing the decision. Season tickets are on sale.

kcxiv 02-27-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13441314)
Thoroughly disagree.

Hot garbage chicks or hot garbage players are only wanted "on the cheap". MP really has hurt himself badly with the rest of the league and the compensation we got proves it. See past the surface circumstances(CA team, close to home, yada, yada)

Here is part of a post I made in #162.

It is worth a shot for McVay/Kroenke if they can pull off a SB in the next 2yrs preferably next year because IF they can, then they can say "adios Marcus, because we don't trust you with a big contract, living in LA close to your homies with your immature ego that now more than likely will only be exacerbated and your play on the field will likely disappear screwing our cap up as well".

Anyone who thinks the Rams will automatically give this guy a BIG CONTRACT 'even IF" MP is a choirboy these next 2yrs(in order to get paid) with decent production is very naive. They know he is Lawrence Phillips of the CBs no doubt !!

I saw that interview on NFLN and obviously the Rams did as well. This kid hasn't changed a bit and the Rams know it as well and who they are getting.
____

you can disagree all you want, but you are wrong! lol Just look at say hot actresses, they go through so many dudes for the most part.

you will see an insane contract peters is given when its time for his contract to be signed.

RunKC 02-27-2018 07:45 AM

The moment Marcus cursed out fans and it went viral was the moment Clark started disliking this guy.

And I don’t blame him. It’s bad business for your star players doing that to your customers.

Mecca 02-27-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13441506)
As I recall prior to the Raider prime time game Peters wasn't kneeling either,he was lounging on a trainer's table showing no respect whatsoever.I'm not saying you're wrong but that little stunt p!ssed me off to no end as a Chiefs fan and American.Kneel if you must but you act like Peters you can kiss my ass you ****ing spoiled punk.

And posts like this are why he got traded, and if you are in this belief that you're happy he's gone, don't bitch when the team sucks. Because it's obvious you value the team being other things over being a winner because they made a move that does not help them win games here.

tmax63 02-27-2018 07:46 AM

You don't have to like it but everyone else now knows that no one is above the rules in the Chiefs locker room. And apparently the Chiefs accept a fairly high level of horseshit in the locker room because when MP got his butt traded no one else save the Rams was very interested. The Rams think he'll help them win a SB in the year or two while he's on good behavior trying to get his big payday. I "pity the fool" to quote Mr. T that gives Peters anything close to the payday his play has earned.

Mecca 02-27-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13441522)
The moment Marcus cursed out fans and it went viral was the moment Clark started disliking this guy.

And I don’t blame him. It’s bad business for your star players doing that to your customers.

Yea well the Chiefs have some real piece of shit fans too, it goes both ways.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 07:50 AM

Post 72 by doomy3 in the first thread
I’m telling you guys, he was almost RELEASED in the middle of last season. I posted that st the time, and know this to be fact.

Post 246 by doomy3 in the first thread
Also during the game. Also, Peters knew he wasn’t kicked out and was told to go on field. He proceeded to strip down and get in the shower. They piled him out with soap on him. That’s why he didn’t have socks on.

He’s a mess.

This was more or less confirmed by Peters himself on NFLN last night. If doomy3 was just guessing then he's a Goddamn sightseer.

nychief 02-27-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441528)

The entitlement of chiefs fans is ****ing unbelievable... that being said. Clark Hunt is a joke now.

RunKC 02-27-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

There’s POS fans on every team in every stadium. Dude just gave up a 50 something yard TD and fans heckled him. So what? That’s going to happen. Hell it happened to Alex for 5 years.

Marcus is a loose cannon with his emotions. The moment the Rams start having serious adversity he'll become a problem.

These types of guys never change.

staylor26 02-27-2018 07:53 AM

Some of you lack any sort of critical thinking skills if you truly beilieve this is all about Clark and the national anthem.

Good grief.

RealSNR 02-27-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13441508)
LMAO Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that he straight up walked out on the Chiefs in a critical situation against the Jets.

A responsible owner looks at the situation and the compensation offered and says "that's a shitty deal." Tell your coaches to make it ****ing work for one more season while the CB depth is acquired and developed.

He doesn't just draw a line in the sand and say "he has to go. Get rid of him." If it were about principles, Clark would have cut him on the ****ing spot

Mecca 02-27-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13441532)
Some of you lack any sort of critical thinking skills if you truly beilieve this is all about Clark and the national anthem.

Good grief.

Forgive me for not giving a franchise that is one of the leagues biggest losers the benefit of the doubt that they have in no way shape or form earned.

Mecca 02-27-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13441533)
A responsible owner looks at the situation and the compensation offered and says "that's a shitty deal." Tell your coaches to make it ****ing work for one more season while the CB depth is acquired and developed.

He doesn't just draw a line in the sand and say "he has to go. Get rid of him." If it were about principles, Clark would have cut him on the ****ing spot

If it was about principles there are several guys on this team that wouldn't be on this team, this is about Clarks personal views and his pocket book.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13441533)

doomy3 straight up said he almost was cut after the game, and he's been dead on accurate about parts of the situation.

Mecca 02-27-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13441538)
doomy3 straight up said he almost was cut after the game, and he's been dead on accurate about parts of the situation.

Cool and if you believe that, it's fine it also shows the Chiefs don't value winning as their number 1 priority straight from ownership.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441539)
Cool and if you believe that, it's fine it also shows the Chiefs don't value winning as their number 1 priority straight from ownership.

I have absolutely no problem with Clark Hunt wanting Peters gone if it had to do with him walking off the field like a punk bitch.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13441546)
I have absolutely no problem with Clark Hunt wanting Peters gone if it had to do with him walking off the field like a punk bitch.

Awesome so values>winning

So everytime something shitty happens remember that mcbumble**** leadership is a great dude so it's ok when he keeps blowing assignments.

staylor26 02-27-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441534)
Forgive me for not giving a franchise that is one of the leagues biggest losers the benefit of the doubt that they have in no way shape or form earned.

So you just assume the worst even though all the real evidence suggests otherwise.

Why were there no other teams really interested? Why was an All-Pro’s value so ****ing low? There was clearly a lot more that went wrong with Peters this year than kneeling. It’s pretty obvious that the rumors of what went down in that locker room when he left the field are true. If this were truly about the anthem, Reid/Veach wouldn’t be on board with this at all.

I honestly think some of you are just pissed because we lost a great player for a lot less than we’d like so you’re running with a stupid conspiracy theory.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13441550)
So you just assume the worst even though all the real evidence suggests otherwise.

Why were there no other teams really interested? Why was an All-Pro’s value so ****ing low? There was clearly a lot more that went wrong with Peters this year than kneeling. It’s pretty obvious that the rumors of what went down in that locker room when he left the field are true. If this were truly about the anthem, Reid/Veach wouldn’t be on board with this at all.

I honestly think some of you are just pissed because we lost a great player for a lot less than we’d like so you’re running with a stupid conspiracy theory.

Whatever reason it is, it's ****ing stupid. If someone offers you pennies on the dollar you have to say, fine I'll keep it then.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441548)

So everytime something shitty happens remember that mcbumble**** leadership is a great dude so it's ok when he keeps blowing assignments.

What the **** does that have to do with values, you stupid mother****er? Peters self admittedly QUIT on his own team in a critical situation when the game was still very much winnable.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13441558)
What the **** does that have to do with values, you stupid mother****er? Peters self admittedly QUIT on his own team in a critical situation when the game was still very much winnable.

It was highly winnable uh huh.

I don't give a rats ass about this game in particular what I care about is this team is telling you that they value things over winning. They'll take worse players if they are in their "mold" this team hasn't earned that right. They also haven't earned the right to tell me which sect of player is ok and which one isn't when they have other stupid ****s and criminals on the team.

The Chiefs have no place to be the morality police at all.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441561)
It was highly winnable uh huh.

I don't give a rats ass about this game in particular what I care about is this team is telling you that they value things over winning. They'll take worse players if they are in their "mold" this team hasn't earned that right. They also haven't earned the right to tell me which sect of player is ok and which one isn't when they have other stupid ****s and criminals on the team.

The Chiefs have no place to be the morality police at all.

LMAO if the Chiefs gave any type of shit about morality then we wouldn't have drafted Tyreek Hill.

Nzoner 02-27-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441524)
And posts like this are why he got traded, and if you are in this belief that you're happy he's gone, don't bitch when the team sucks. Because it's obvious you value the team being other things over being a winner because they made a move that does not help them win games here.

Did you see the interview in the other thread,barely into the interview he comes out and says,"they checked into his so called character issues"

No ownership,never at fault,yadda yadda,for his so called greatness he's a ****ing punk who is a cancer and that is a fact proven by how many teams were in line for his services.

Sort of reminds me of Randy Moss,****ing unbelievable talent but when it was all said and done no Superbowl hardware.I guess only time will tell with MP but none of us know for sure today that this move will ultimately hurt the Chiefs.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13441571)
Did you see the interview in the other thread,barely into the interview he comes out and says,"they checked into his so called character issues"

No ownership,never at fault,yadda yadda,for his so called greatness he's a ****ing punk who is a cancer and that is a fact proven by how many teams were in line for his services.

Sort of reminds me of Randy Moss,****ing unbelievable talent but when it was all said and done no Superbowl hardware.I guess only time will tell with MP but none of us know for sure today that this move will ultimately hurt the Chiefs.

Randy Moss played in more Superbowls than the Chiefs have in my lifetime.

tmax63 02-27-2018 08:13 AM

Whatever reason it is, it's ****ing stupid. If someone offers you pennies on the dollar you have to say, fine I'll keep it then.[/QUOTE]

No, there are times when you absolutely have to do things regardless of compensation if you have ethics, integrity and a sense of right and wrong. Everyone's line is in a different spot based on your background.

RunKC 02-27-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441555)
Whatever reason it is, it's ****ing stupid. If someone offers you pennies on the dollar you have to say, fine I'll keep it then.

Belichick would have traded his ass just like us. You can’t wait to trade this guy. One of the biggest reasons we got what we did for him was because he still has at least 1 more year of a very cheap salary.

I’ll say it again. These types of guys NEVER change.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 13441573)

No, there are times when you absolutely have to do things regardless of compensation if you have ethics, integrity and a sense of right and wrong. Everyone's line is in a different spot based on your background.[/QUOTE]

This team has no ethics if they did they wouldn't have drafted Kelce or Hill.

Dartgod 02-27-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Now, now. No need to be so down on yourself.

Abba-Dabba 02-27-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13441550)

Because it was still too early in the game.

Teams are still putting their draft boards together. Wrapping up the past year and figuring out what roster moves they want to make for the next year. It didn't have to happen so quick but what did the Chiefs do. Took the first offer like a broke salesman.

You can not say just because a team did not want him on Feb. whatever that they will not want him come May.

The Chiefs rushed the process and the piss poor result shows.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13441574)
Belichick would have traded his ass just like us. You can’t wait to trade this guy. One of the biggest reasons we got what we did for him was because he still has at least 1 more year of a very cheap salary.

Belichick has 7, superbowl rings 5 as a head coach...this organization has 0 between what the last 50 years of the hunts and reids 20 years of coaching.

When did they earn that comparison?

RunKC 02-27-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441579)
Belichick has 7, superbowl rings 5 as a head coach...this organization has 0 between what the last 50 years of the hunts and reids 20 years of coaching.

When did they earn that comparison?

That’s the point. The Chiefs were nothing like the Patriots and now their new GM is taking pages out of their playbook. It started by trading picks for Reggie Ragland and Cam Erving.

What the Chiefs have done isn’t working. They paid players shit loads of money for zero value after their deal. Houston, Fisher, Parker, Berry. Some of it is injury but the point still stands.

It wasn’t working and this current purge was needed. Part of the reason why NE is so good is bc of refusing to ruin their cap on players that won’t earn their keep and trading problem players for better value than comp picks.

I’m glad we are adopting Belichick’s business plan bc it’s sorely needed.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13441585)
That’s the point. The Chiefs were nothing like the Patriots and now their new GM is taking pages out of their playbook. It started by trading picks for Reggie Ragland and Cam Erving.

What the Chiefs have done isn’t working. They paid players shit loads of money for zero value after their deal. Houston, Fisher, Parker, Berry. Some of it is injury but the point still stands.

It wasn’t working and this current purge was needed. Part of the reason why NE is so good is bc of refusing to ruin their cap on players that won’t earn their keep and trading problem players for better value than comp picks.

I’m glad we are adopting Belichick’s business plan bc it’s sorely needed.

Also...it doesn't always work that way.

Green Bay does that with their All World QB and he has 1 SB ring, even if Mahomes is that good it doesn't mean you'll always win.

FloridaMan88 02-27-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441448)
This fan base, it's like accepting being raped by an owner that winning is about 5th on the priority list and just accepting it like it's cool.

This times a million

:clap:

oldandslow 02-27-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13441574)

Yet Belichek kept Moss around for a long time....hmmm.....

staylor26 02-27-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441587)
Also...it doesn't always work that way.

Green Bay does that with their All World QB and he has 1 SB ring, even if Mahomes is that good it doesn't mean you'll always win.

GB also hasn’t drafted well for most of Rodgers career. That shouldn’t be an issue for us.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13441598)
GB also hasn’t drafted well for most of Rodgers career. That shouldn’t be an issue for us.

How do you know?

That's honestly nothing more than speculation.

tatorhog 02-27-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist (Post 13441007)
Graduates from BYU/SMU with a minimum of 8 homely wives and a maximum of 0 kneels during the anthem

Didn't Trent Green's kid just commit to SMU? He knows what's up.

oldandslow 02-27-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13441598)

Really. This organization doesn't have a stellar record in the draft.

Nzoner 02-27-2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 13441597)
Yet Belichek kept Moss around for a long time....hmmm.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but Moss got his shit together under BB and he was there 3 seasons and 4 games before being traded back to the Vikings.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 08:37 AM

So Peter King says the kneeling/sitting didn't help, but wasn't the driving force in the trade.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:37 AM

Moss only got traded when he started bitching about money cause you know guys wanna get paid after they put up massive numbers.

RunKC 02-27-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441601)
How do you know?

We can only go by what we were told of Veach’s role with the last GM, however the moves to get Reggie Ragland and Buttkicker were extremely impressive. It definitely gave us a picture of the strong talent evaluation that Veach was rumored to have.

I like Kendall Fuller too...and so do his teammates that were pissed when he left.

oldandslow 02-27-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13441609)
Correct me if I'm wrong but Moss got his shit together under BB and he was there 3 seasons and 4 games before being traded back to the Vikings.

In football that is a long time.

tmax63 02-27-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441575)
No, there are times when you absolutely have to do things regardless of compensation if you have ethics, integrity and a sense of right and wrong. Everyone's line is in a different spot based on your background.

This team has no ethics if they did they wouldn't have drafted Kelce or Hill.[/QUOTE]

Unless they really do believe in Christian values and 2nd chances and trying to help people get their lives back on track. Only problem is you can't always fix everyone. Reaching 2 out of 3 of the examples you give "ain't bad" to quote Meatloaf.

staylor26 02-27-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

How do you know?

Maybe it is, but we’ve drafted much better than the Packers in recent years, and by all accounts Veach played a big role in that. I see no reason to think that we won’t contiue to be above average in that department while the Packers have been average at best.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 13441615)
This team has no ethics if they did they wouldn't have drafted Kelce or Hill.

Unless they really do believe in Christian values and 2nd chances and trying to help people get their lives back on track. Only problem is you can't always fix everyone. Reaching 2 out of 3 of the examples you give "ain't bad" to quote Meatloaf.[/QUOTE]

Hill's the only one that has been a model of employment here, Kelce has done as many stupid things as Peters.

Nzoner 02-27-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441611)
Moss only got traded when he started bitching about money cause you know guys wanna get paid after they put up massive numbers.

And yet BB with all his SB rings doesn't have one with one of the greatest receivers ever on his squad.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13441619)
Maybe it is, but we’ve drafted much better than the Packers in recent years, and by all accounts Veach played a big role in that. I see no reason to think that we won’t contiue to be above average in that department while the Packers have been average at best.

Does he get credit for all the good one and none of the bad ones? No one knows exactly what players he was in and and all that.

The issue is without Peters the Chiefs draft history isn't nearly as good, we now have a team that hasn't drafted 1 good DB or LB in 5 years.

Nzoner 02-27-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 13441613)
In football that is a long time.

Okay but again do you recall Moss pulling any stunts in his time there?

threebag 02-27-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 13441578)
The Chiefs rushed the process and the piss poor result shows.

They worked for three weeks trying to dump the turd

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13441622)
And yet BB with all his SB rings doesn't have one with one of the greatest receivers ever on his squad.

This is still not the ****ing point, a guy who has won over and over in that market has earned some leeway, this franchise and coach have not at all. Matter of fact the history here says they should always be held to the fire.

Nzoner 02-27-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441628)
This is still not the ****ing point, a guy who has won over and over in that market has earned some leeway, this franchise and coach have not at all. Matter of fact the history here says they should always be held to the fire.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all,I'm disagreeing with this win at any cost mentality and Randy Moss is a fine example that just because a player is great doesn't mean shit if he is all about being a me first cancer to the organization as a whole.

staylor26 02-27-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441624)
Does he get credit for all the good one and none of the bad ones? No one knows exactly what players he was in and and all that.

The issue is without Peters the Chiefs draft history isn't nearly as good, we now have a team that hasn't drafted 1 good DB or LB in 5 years.

I’m not saying there haven’t been bad ones. Every team, including the Pats has bad picks and makes mistakes in the draft. I’m saying that it’s been signifcantly better than the Packers.

You can pretend that isn’t the case if you want to, but you’re a ****ing idiot if you think otherwise.

The Franchise 02-27-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13441627)
They worked for three weeks trying to dump the turd

Heard it was 2 months.

Mecca 02-27-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13441634)
I'm not disagreeing with that at all,I'm disagreeing with this win at any cost mentality and Randy Moss is a fine example that just because a player is great doesn't mean shit if he is all about being a me first cancer to the organization as a whole.

Considering I'm nearing 40 and I've yet to see this team play for anything important, I think win at all costs pretty much sums up where I'm at.

BossChief 02-27-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441548)

I’m one of Peters biggest fans, but you can’t take swings at coaches...leave games at your discretion and stuff like that.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441639)
Considering I'm nearing 40 and I've yet to see this team play for anything important, I think win at all costs pretty much sums up where I'm at.

Well, luckily we are currently in boom or bust territory. If Mahomes balls out and develops like he has the potential to, we should be making serious strides to winning a Superbowl. If Mahomes just totally busts and falls off the rails, I'm pretty sure Reid'll be run out of town by at least the fans, and Clark will cave to that like he did with Pioli.

Dartgod 02-27-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

How do you know?

Speculation is bad, m'kay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441535)
If it was about principles there are several guys on this team that wouldn't be on this team, this is about Clarks personal views and his pocket book.

Nzoner 02-27-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441639)

55 here brother and was so young the first win I don't remember a thing about it.Yes,it's disheartening as hell but as I've stated many times I let all that go after the Indy play-off debacle a few years ago and now just watch for pure entertainment.Those frustrating sleepless nights after big game losses are behind me and I love it.

I'm not judging you,I know all too well where you're coming from and respect your passion.

notorious 02-27-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13441643)
Well, luckily we are currently in boom or bust territory. If Mahomes balls out and develops like he has the potential to, we should be making serious strides to winning a Superbowl. If Mahomes just totally busts and falls off the rails, I'm pretty sure Reid'll be run out of town by at least the fans, and Clark will cave to that like he did with Pioli.

Yep, it all rides on Mahome's success. If he works out than nobody will give a shit about Peters, or anyone else for that matter.

Brooklyn 02-27-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441444)
Taking a knee for a minute is more important than winning, people really need to separate shit. If his personal beliefs and yours are not the same why do you care? Playing football is his ****ing job, however making his beliefs all the same as everyone from the midwest is not.

People really need to get over this shit, he gained your respect by being a stupid loser who's identity politics mean more than building a champion, losers gonna lose.

Furthermore, Clark gained ZERO respect because he was too much of a bitch to own up to the Facebook post that was called fake, and just say, yeah, this is how I feel and I'm going to be public about it.

He took the cowardly way out of not actually making a stand for his beliefs, then retaliating in the off-season. Made his GM carry out the orders to boot.

Respect may have been in order if Clark was vocal and owned his role in this. Personally I'd have not respected that decision, but at least you can walk away and say he was steadfast in his convictions.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn (Post 13441656)
Furthermore, Clark gained ZERO respect because he was too much of a bitch to own up to the Facebook post that was called fake, and just say, yeah, this is how I feel and I'm going to be public about it.

He took the cowardly way out of not actually making a stand for his beliefs, then retaliating in the off-season. Made his GM carry out the orders to boot.

Respect may have been in order if Clark was vocal and owned his role in this. Personally I'd have not respected that decision, but at least you can walk away and say he was steadfast in his convictions.

LMAO Hunt is on record as saying he'd be open to bringing in Kaepernick if it made football sense.

arrwheader 02-27-2018 09:07 AM

Man it doesn’t even have to be confirmed. You can tell that Hunt absolutely forced this trade. The stuff MP said in the interview coupled with the absolute shit deal we got seems to confirm that this really was our dipshit owner made this happen. He didn’t want Pioli gone but MP didn’t stand for the Anthem so gone. Dude steps in when he is least needed what else is he forcing on the coaching staff/GM?

This one really pissed me off. Sutton is still here, MP gone for peanuts, owner forced move. Going to take some time to see through it.

ChiefFanForHire 02-27-2018 09:08 AM

Of course this is how Clark did it. We'd expect anything less from a multi-millionaires son. Clark cares more about retaining his profits than seeing this team win a Super Bowl. If that weren't true, he have would criticized Jeff Triiplette's officiating in our playoff loss, instead of taking all the fan's money tax free and laughing all the way to the bank with it.

RealSNR 02-27-2018 09:13 AM

We just had a report about how shitty the cap situation was.

Yes, we can rebuild the defensive backfield, but if we do it through the draft, it's going to take awhile. And if we use free agency, that doesn't exactly help our cap problem, does it?

Keeping Peters with Fuller was a brilliant way to gradually excrete the dead money from our cap colon. We don't have that anymore. Our rookies have to play now or we need a free agent or two. Probably both.

It's AIDS city. We're not all that much better off. This is going to be a rough year

Brooklyn 02-27-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13441659)
LMAO Hunt is on record as saying he'd be open to bringing in Kaepernick if it made football sense.

talk is cheap. Now that we've cleared the Alex Smith hurdle, which he conveniently cited to immediately say it makes no football sense...is Geppetto gonna have Veach give Kaep a tryout? Or are we gonna go ahead and say that Tyler Bray is a better professional football option?

http://i67.tinypic.com/dxn0uf.jpg

Clark also went on record to deny ever having said this. And maybe he never said it verbatim, but I bet you that was a helluva trial balloon to see how his fans would respond. And yeah, they ate that shit up.

Mecca 02-27-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13441677)

Yes, we can rebuild the defensive backfield, but if we do it through the draft, it's going to take awhile. And if we use free agency, that doesn't exactly help our cap problem, does it?

Keeping Peters with Fuller was a brilliant way to gradually excrete the dead money from our cap colon. We don't have that anymore. Our rookies have to play now or we need a free agent or two. Probably both.

It's AIDS city. We're not all that much better off. This is going to be a rough year

I'm sorry to say this to, way to much pressure is putting put on Mahomes already. Literally seeing people say it doesn't matter cause of him..this is a bit extreme.

patteeu 02-27-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13441677)

The defense can't get much worse, really. I don't think there's any reason to think the Chiefs take a big step back because of the changes on the defensive side. I think offense is where the risk of back sliding is highest in this first year for PM.

Nzoner 02-27-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn (Post 13441679)
http://i67.tinypic.com/dxn0uf.jpg

Clark also went on record to deny ever having said this. And maybe he never said it verbatim, but I bet you that was a helluva trial balloon to see how his fans would respond. And yeah, they ate that shit up.

That document was all over FB and the internet with EVERY owners name on it.

Marcellus 02-27-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFanForHire (Post 13441665)
Of course this is how Clark did it. We'd expect anything less from a multi-millionaires son. Clark cares more about retaining his profits than seeing this team win a Super Bowl. If that weren't true, he have would criticized Jeff Triiplette's officiating in our playoff loss, instead of taking all the fan's money tax free and laughing all the way to the bank with it.

Posts like this crack me up. Most of you guys making these comments had you been a millionaires son would be lazy piece of shit worthless nobodies just like you are now.

Newsflash idiots, its basically impossible to lose money on an NFL team so all this "retain profits" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

They have to spend a minimum amount of the cap. The Chiefs have spent plenty of $ over the years. See Ron Parker, Tamba Hali, Dee Ford, and DJ for examples of $ being spent for jack in return. Dumping Polio and Haley when they owed them $. Signing Reid and paying him top 3 HC $$.

Zero ability to think on your own, you just spew repeated nonsense over and over again.

If the Chiefs did something you didn't agree with it must be because Clark is Lamar Hunts son! That's the only logical explanation!

Meanwhile almost every poster bitching about this says they wouldn't sign Peters to a 2nd contract.

Holy ****ing :faceplam:

threebag 02-27-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441628)

LMAO

threebag 02-27-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13441636)
Heard it was 2 months.

Damn that's even worse.

Beef Supreme 02-27-2018 09:17 AM

I sure hope something else of note happens soon in offseason news so people can quit rehashing the same 5 arguments over and over.

Mecca 02-27-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13441691)
LMAO

I'm sure that's funny. I forgot I was talking to someone on the spectrum.

Nzoner 02-27-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441686)
I'm sorry to say this to, way to much pressure is putting put on Mahomes already. Literally seeing people say it doesn't matter cause of him..this is a bit extreme.

Just hope he becomes a face for the NFL and a darling of the league,if so he should see plenty of success.

Marcellus 02-27-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13441689)
That document was all over FB and the internet with EVERY owners name on it.

People have gone completely stupid, I mean completely stupid.

Every time I think we have a fairly smart football fan base we get threads like these.

The same people saying this was all Clark Hunt's decision are the exact same people who said Clark would never allow KC to draft a QB in the 1st round.

Then we gave up 2 1st round picks to draft one and the nonsense still continues.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13441695)
I sure hope something else of note happens soon in offseason news so people can quit rehashing the same 5 arguments over and over.

March 12th cant co.e soon enough.

Chiefnj2 02-27-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13441641)
I’m one of Peters biggest fans, but you can’t take swings at coaches...leave games at your discretion and stuff like that.

When did he take a swing at a coach?

Mecca 02-27-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13441701)
People have gone completely stupid, I mean completely stupid.

Every time I think we have a fairly smart football fan base we get threads like these.

The same people saying this was all Clark Hunt's decision are the exact same people who said Clark would never allow KC to draft a QB in the 1st round.

Then we gave up 2 1st round picks to draft one and the nonsense still continues.

It's about as stupid as saying a poster on the forum has better sources to the situation than an NFL network employee.