ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports” (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340537)

DRM08 10-29-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15921041)
I said it before. If they were average…people would be ecstatic. They can’t even get to average at this point.

Can't even make it to "below average" from we have been watching. It's downright terrible.

Baby Lee 10-29-2021 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15921039)
Of course it's ok to be upset but the sky is falling shit is a bad look for the fans. It reeks of bandwagon jumping. When you have fans legit talking about a back to back super bowl head coach as trash, you've got an entitlement issue.

Again not at all justifying Mathieu or Hitchens behavior.

First, do you have an explanation for the defensive performance other than healthy underperformance.

And if not, do you know other industries where its perfectly acceptable to wildly underperform on a sustained basis periodically.

Maybe Bruce Willis, MAYBE Will Ferrell, . . . two guys in the history of society who get to shake off inexplicable dry spells.

I'm not even sure Tom [Hanks OR Cruise] would claim entitlement to creative output like the athletic output of the Chiefs defense for too long.

LongSufferingToady 10-29-2021 10:40 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bitching about our expectations when they’re the ones that started the 20-0 bullshit. Pretty sure THEY set the expectations pretty damn high.</p>&mdash; LetBobbyWittPlay (@RoyalTigerChief) <a href="https://twitter.com/RoyalTigerChief/status/1454260591170887681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 10-29-2021 10:42 PM

“How would you like it if people came to your job and criticized you?”

I work in elections. What the **** do you think I’m dealing with right now? Exactly that. Oh and I don’t get paid millions of dollars. And I can’t go on social media and talk shit back…unless I want to look for a new job.

Suck it the **** up, pussies.

ROYC75 10-29-2021 10:43 PM

Boy hooey this looks like a fun thread I'm gonna have to get the popcorn and a soda pop, start from the beginning &read this sucker.

Bump 10-29-2021 10:46 PM

Frank Clark
Hitchens
Mathieu
Jones

There's a lot of ****ing money in those 4 people that kind of affects what you can and cannot do in free agency. Fans can talk as much shit as they want.

For them to say the Chiefs fans are the most toxic like they don't like us very much, while playing for the Chiefs and while the team is sucking dick. Really isn't a good look.

BlackOp 10-29-2021 10:46 PM

Maybe HB can build a "safe space" out of stacks of $100 bills...they all should be embarrassed.

How about some professional pride?

Nobody gave a shit when they were around the 20th ranked defense...is that too much to ask?

We, as fans, demand that you rank in the bottom third of the NFL...but not be in the conversation of "worst in history".

chiefzilla1501 10-29-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15921049)
First, do you have an explanation for the defensive performance other than healthy underperformance.

And if not, do you know other industries where its perfectly acceptable to wildly underperform on a sustained basis periodically.

Maybe Bruce Willis, MAYBE Will Ferrell, . . . two guys in the history of society who get to shake off inexplicable dry spells.

I'm not even sure Tom [Hanks OR Cruise] would claim entitlement to creative output like the athletic output of the Chiefs defense for too long.

Sure, but the "woe is me" we are so cursed act by the fans this year is a bit much. Sure the players set that expectation. But this shit was brewing from week 1 before we even knew just how bad our defense was. We're in a weird ass age where now the worst of the worst trolls and fans can scream at a player directly from the couch (not talking about here, talking about the Twitter cesspool). That's not excusing any of this behavior. I think both the fans and players need a heat check right now.

Mecca 10-29-2021 10:54 PM

Anthony Hitchens is paid like a top LB in the league and has been his entire time here and the return has been below average at best...

We got guys like Hitchens and Clark basically stealing money but the fans are the problem.

Mecca 10-29-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 15921059)
Frank Clark
Hitchens
Mathieu
Jones

There's a lot of ****ing money in those 4 people that kind of affects what you can and cannot do in free agency. Fans can talk as much shit as they want.

For them to say the Chiefs fans are the most toxic like they don't like us very much, while playing for the Chiefs and while the team is sucking dick. Really isn't a good look.

It's the kind of thing that you would think would lead to an owner telling them to shut the **** up.

T-post Tom 10-29-2021 10:56 PM

Agent or family needs to stage a social media intervention for these two.

BlackOp 10-29-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 15921068)
Agent or family needs to stage a social media intervention for these two.

Pretty much...when you are sucking this bad, the fans are upset BECAUSE you are sucking.

Dont attack your supporters for stating the truth...just shut up and quit sucking....problem solved.

LongSufferingToady 10-29-2021 11:00 PM

Hitchens and Mathieu want us to be excited to have the 32nd best defense in the league.

Raiderhater 10-29-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15921063)
Sure, but the "woe is me" we are so cursed act by the fans this year is a bit much. Sure the players set that expectation. But this shit was brewing from week 1 before we even knew just how bad our defense was. We're in a weird ass age where now the worst of the worst trolls and fans can scream at a player directly from the couch (not talking about here, talking about the Twitter cesspool). That's not excusing any of this behavior. I think both the fans and players need a heat check right now.

This is nothing new to our fan base. “Because Chiefs” was/is a state of mind that has been hard for some to move on from after decades of living it. This isn’t some new phenomenon.

Mecca 10-29-2021 11:01 PM

Hitchens discussing how he has more money than the fans that don't like him..good look there seeing as he's been ass the entire time.

Titty Meat 10-29-2021 11:02 PM

If only these players would play as hard as some of you are trying to defend them they would be going to their third super bowl

Mecca 10-29-2021 11:05 PM

No wonder the teams soft, the supposed leaders can't handle Twitter criticism.

The Franchise 10-29-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15921075)
If only these players would play as hard as some of you are trying to defend them they would be going to their third super bowl

You should see 95% of Twitter. Mathieu says something and it’s tweet after tweet kissing his ass.

How anyone who talks shit isn’t a true fan and they’re the ones who’ve loved the Chiefs forever. Shit is pathetic. I get being a fan but this shit shouldn’t be your whole life.

Raiderhater 10-29-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15921078)
You should see 95% of Twitter. Mathieu says something and it’s tweet after tweet kissing his ass.

How anyone who talks shit isn’t a true fan and they’re the ones who’ve loved the Chiefs forever. Shit is pathetic. I get being a fan but this shit shouldn’t be your whole life.

YoUr ChOiCe tO bE a FaN

The Franchise 10-29-2021 11:08 PM

I mean ****….a reporter tweeted that Mathieu yelled something at a Titans fan during the game and literally after getting your ass kicked….you’re right on Twitter responding to him and calling him a liar.

chiefzilla1501 10-29-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15921072)
This is nothing new to our fan base. “Because Chiefs” was/is a state of mind that has been hard for some to move on from after decades of living it. This isn’t some new phenomenon.

This year is way more than that. Many fans have been dogging our offense too. Our expectations are so high that weve reached the point of picking at every small imperfection. We've become a little too entitled. Its one thing to be critical of that on cp, but to go onto social media and throw hissy fits is a bandwagon look to a fan base like Cleveland or Cincinnati or Chicago who have way bigger problems. We're still lucky as hell to have what we have even if we're underperforming.

The adversity may be a positive for mahomes and Reid, but it may be a good reality check for fans too.

That being said, it's not worse than what you'd see in Philly or New York. Not sure what's happened, but social media has really gotten to the players. Reid talked about CEH being sensitive to comments to him earlier in the year. Team needs a crisis team to figure out player social media because there were warning signs this storm had been brewing for a while.

Mecca 10-29-2021 11:11 PM

The minute Mathieu realized he wasn't getting paid here he literally stopped caring and turned into a complaining asshole.

chiefzilla1501 10-29-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15921081)
I mean ****….a reporter tweeted that Mathieu yelled something at a Titans fan during the game and literally after getting your ass kicked….you’re right on Twitter responding to him and calling him a liar.

They need to get this guy in check and if they can't, don't wait til the end of the season to get rid of him. It sucks because I love the guy as a player. But I can't help but wonder how many players have a shitty attitude ever since he started bitching about his contract.

Raiderhater 10-29-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15921082)
This year is way more than that. Many fans have been dogging our offense too. Our expectations are so high that weve reached the point of picking at every small imperfection. We've become a little too entitled. Its one thing to be critical of that on cp, but to go onto social media and throw hissy fits is a bandwagon look to a fan base like Cleveland or Cincinnati or Chicago who have way bigger problems. We're still lucky as hell to have what we have even if we're underperforming.

The adversity may be a positive for mahomes and Reid, but it may be a good reality check for fans too.

That being said, it's not worse than what you'd see in Philly or New York. Not sure what's happened, but social media has really gotten to the players. Reid talked about CEH being sensitive to comments to him earlier in the year. Team needs a crisis team to figure out player social media because there were warning signs this storm had been brewing for a while.

The JakeFs and the Petes have always been with us.

Mecca 10-29-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15921086)
They need to get this guy in check and if they can't, don't wait til the end of the season to get rid of him. It sucks because I love the guy as a player. But I can't help but wonder how many players have a shitty attitude ever since he started bitching about his contract.

Want to hit him with the Keyshawn and just deactivate him?

chiefzilla1501 10-29-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15921088)
Want to hit him with the Keyshawn and just deactivate him?

I'd rather we trade him. But since Mathieu used the word "toxic" let's call it what it is. He's going to keep making our locker room worse until we re-sign him or get rid of him. And after his comments the former is no longer an option. At this point it's addition by subtraction.

The Franchise 10-29-2021 11:35 PM

I think he just lost whatever chance there was at an extension.

And I can’t wait to hear about how the fans ran him out of town. You’re about to be on your fourth team, man.

bdj23 10-29-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15921012)
Probably you.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_OyN4PhEr1M/maxresdefault.jpg

DTVietnam 10-29-2021 11:36 PM

Tyrann gives 110% every week. . we cannot trade him ..

hes frustrated. . hes getting alot of hate. .

I agree with him ..

Ill never hate anyone on that Superbowl squad

BigRedChief 10-29-2021 11:37 PM

I thought this was fake news. No way this was real. Sadly…. :shake:

I can’t believe these guys did this. Going after the fan base as a whole single entity? They need to chill. Especially Hitchens who has not even come close to living up to his contract.

We can tolerate losing and disappointing games and or seasons. We have a lot of experience with those emotions as fans.

But, we are just supposed to accept this lackadaisical, loafing effort on game days from some players? We see the film. They are not just taking a play off now and then. They are phoning in their effort from the bank vault filled with cash that came to them because of fans of the team.

bdj23 10-29-2021 11:38 PM

I once flew to Denver to see Kyle Orton beat Tim Tebow 7-3 on New Years day. I don't need anyone to tell me I'm a shitty fan.

stevieray 10-29-2021 11:44 PM

It appears not much more needs to be said.

BigRedChief 10-29-2021 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15921077)
No wonder the teams soft, the supposed leaders can't handle Twitter criticism.

Soneone needs to tell them Twitter is not real life. Trolls will say shit to you to set you off, just for their amusement. Let it go for crissakes.

ClevelandBronco 10-29-2021 11:49 PM

Someone should have checked Honey Badger’s Twitter gun for live rounds before letting him loose to wave that shit around until it went off and killed the fanbase.

BigRedChief 10-29-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 15921097)
I once flew to Denver to see Kyle Orton beat Tim Tebow 7-3 on New Years day. I don't need anyone to tell me I'm a shitty fan.

Every one of the regulars on here has earned the right to bitch about whatever they want. We KNOW they have been there during the losing seasons, disappointing playoff losses etc. no bandwagon fans in this group.

bringbackmarty 10-29-2021 11:56 PM

at this point hes an undersized slow db who doesn't hit and doesn't get playing for a contract. We're not toxic just fiscally prudent. Go away HB, football is hard and you are too slow.

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2021 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15921103)
Every one of the regulars on here has earned the right to bitch about whatever they want. We KNOW they have been there during the losing seasons, disappointing playoff losses etc. no bandwagon fans in this group.

There are a lot of bandwagoners who jumped on board to watch the NFLs version of the splash Brothers. The modern version of the greatest show on turf. Doesn't help that these are the fans often representing the voice of fans who've been rooting for this team for decades.

JakeF 10-30-2021 12:04 AM

The Chiefs Defense is the 2nd highest paid in the NFL. The chiefs are paying their safeties more than any other team in the NFL.

Maybe the fans are right to expect more from that side of the ball.

Just sayin'

Chiefs: 70m for offense, 90m for Defense, 23m for Safeties

Chiefs' fans stuck around through a lot of crappy years, too many to be considered fair-weather.

DTVietnam 10-30-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 15921110)
The Chiefs Defense is the 2nd highest paid in the NFL. The chiefs are paying their safeties more than any other team in the NFL.

Maybe the fans are right to expect more from that side of the ball.

Just sayin'

Chiefs: 70m for offense, 90m for Defense, 23m for Safeties

Chiefs' fans stuck around through a lot of crappy years, too many to be considered fair-weather.

I get that but thats on the Chiefs organization for paying them..as fans money should not be our concern. .

These guys got us a Ring so to me all of them are worth every penny. .

Mahomes obviously had alot to do with it but the defense played really well in the post season and Superbowl. .

Mecca 10-30-2021 12:38 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if the Giants beat us after all this.

Flying High D 10-30-2021 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15921073)
Hitchens discussing how he has more money than the fans that don't like him..good look there seeing as he's been ass the entire time.

All 4 of these will be broke when their careers are over. Their not smart enough not to shit on the hands that feed you, but they’re smart enough to manage funds? Mother****er please. More bitches have their greasy greedy paws in their paper than they could ever comprehend. Facts that hunny ass bitch hole

kcxiv 10-30-2021 01:24 AM

Someone needs to make shirts in red that says Toxic Fan. i'd ****ing sport one to a game. lol

Redbled 10-30-2021 01:27 AM

On the bright side we should get a couple Comp picks down the road. Likely low unless another team is stupid.

Gravedigger 10-30-2021 01:39 AM

Guess Tyrann doesn’t want that contract after all.

Chris Meck 10-30-2021 04:30 AM

If I'm in the room with Veach and Reid after the season ends, I'm beating the table for letting any defensive player not on their rookie deal walk.

The attitude change we needed for the SB win has soured and become entitlement.

And when they compile the scouting reports for the draft, any kid who shows an inconsistent motor on tape is off the board.

Defense is as much about 'want to' as it is X's and O's, and right now we're paying $90+ million for a bunch of guys that don't show much 'want to'.

Flying High D 10-30-2021 04:41 AM

Monday nite they will come out and play the fetal position D.

WilliamTheIrish 10-30-2021 04:51 AM

Chiefspants called it weeks ago:

this is 1998 redux. And MNF coming up.

Chris Meck 10-30-2021 04:55 AM

I'm sure they'll come out Monday and curb stomp the Giants, and Clark will have 3 sacks, and Jones will have 3 sacks, and HB will have two picks, and The Chiefs will beat them 56-0 or some such shit.

You know, show the world what they can do, because they're pissed off.

Problem is, they'll revert to the same entitled bullshit overpaid and ineffective defense next week against a contender again.

oldman 10-30-2021 05:04 AM

To say I'm disappointed that Hitchens and Mathieu feel they have to take to Twitter to air grievances is an understatement. I understand they are human and sometimes we all lash out at perceived mistreatment. But let's get real.

Toxic? Dude, play in Philly. Those fans booed Santa Claus in 1968. While your paycheck is drawn on the Kansas City Chiefs account, it's the fans that provide the money to make sure it doesn't bounce. Not just the fans in the stadium, but the ones watching from home, the kids that wear a Chiefs t-shirt, the guy that sells you your groceries. When you buy a new car, do you expect it to perform, or do you allow it to sit in the driveway on rainy days? We, the fans, expect you to perform.

Taking to Twitter to badmouth the fans isn't going to look good on your resume. Taking to Twitter to whine about your contract isn't helping, either. Actions have consequences and your's have been noted by the media and your potential employers. Your employer expects you to perform. Watching you throw up your hands isn't performance. The only thing an employer will pay you to do is what takes place between those white lines.

oldman 10-30-2021 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15921147)
If I'm in the room with Veach and Reid after the season ends, I'm beating the table for letting any defensive player not on their rookie deal walk.

The attitude change we needed for the SB win has soured and become entitlement.

And when they compile the scouting reports for the draft, any kid who shows an inconsistent motor on tape is off the board.

Defense is as much about 'want to' as it is X's and O's, and right now we're paying $90+ million for a bunch of guys that don't show much 'want to'.

I'm pretty much with you, Chris. However, I don't think you can let everyone not on a rookie deal walk. There are a couple guys (Nnadi, Ward) that do show up that are FAs.

Chris Meck 10-30-2021 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15921158)
I'm pretty much with you, Chris. However, I don't think you can let everyone not on a rookie deal walk. There are a couple guys (Nnadi, Ward) that do show up that are FAs.

Well, yeah, obviously you have to fill a roster.

But I would not re-sign Ward-not because he's bad; he's not. I just don't think CB's are worth paying what they get on the FA market due to the rules being so skewed towards offense.

Nnadi was looking like he might get a significant pay bump. Now, maybe not so much.

at any rate, I'm not seeing much that Saunders or Wharton don't give you just as well.

And some of your cheaper role players are fine to keep around on cheap deals.

Just not 2nd contract pay bumps for ****ing anybody.

MahomesMagic 10-30-2021 05:26 AM

Badger critical if you are going to run the Spags scheme.

But I bet we move on and if we do, no reason to keep Matthieu at his price point.

Beef Supreme 10-30-2021 05:42 AM

I appreciate the past few years of success, and I don't take it for granted. We got a Superbowl win, and I said after it happened that anything else is gravy.

I'm disappointed with how this season has started. The offense is mostly shooting themselves in the foot, and the defense just plain sucks. But I haven't been calling for heads or flipping the **** out. It's just a game, and these guys have given us a hell of a ride. They'll either figure it out, or get replaced. But that isn't my job.

PAChiefsGuy 10-30-2021 05:49 AM

Honey Badger should be cut. Guy is a loose cannon who has worn out his welcome here. He's selfish as hell and a rental, not a real Chief.

This team had high expectations. Not only are the expectations not being met but the Chiefs are playing like trash and showing little effort.

Of course if a defensive player is on Twitter people are going to talk shit, it's what people do online. That doesn't make Kanasa City Chief fans toxic.

Get him off the ****ing team. Let him go play for Texans.

eastsidedawg 10-30-2021 05:51 AM

wheels coming off love to see it :popcorn:

Flying High D 10-30-2021 05:57 AM

They will be rubbing our noses in it Monday nite. “Fools, we can say what we want on Twitter/Instagram, play like shit and still take your rent money, suckers.” We’re getting played.

Wisconsin_Chief 10-30-2021 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15921167)
Honey Badger should be cut. Guy is a loose cannon who has worn out his welcome here. He's selfish as hell and a rental, not a real Chief.

This team had high expectations. Not only are the expectations not being met but the Chiefs are playing like trash and showing little effort.

Of course if a defensive player is on Twitter people are going to talk shit, it's what people do online. That doesn't make Kanasa City Chief fans toxic.

I completely agree. Anyone who thinks what’s going on right now is no big deal is a very naive person. I would at the very least deactivate him and Hitchens for Monday Night.

Andy Reid has completely lost control of this football team and it’s not even up for debate anymore. This is a goddamn joke.

tyreekthefreak 10-30-2021 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15921167)

Agree! He's worn out his welcome. Tired of hearing him run his mouth about how he's gonna get paid!!!! Trade his ass to the Jets before the deadline! Maybe get a 7th round pick...

KCUnited 10-30-2021 06:07 AM

Our best hope is that Mahomes and the offense can adjust enough to carry this trash ass defense the way they always have.

Flying High D 10-30-2021 06:11 AM

If the Chiefs roll these clowns out Monday night, it will show the fans what the Chiefs organization think about them.

Spott 10-30-2021 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15921154)
I'm sure they'll come out Monday and curb stomp the Giants, and Clark will have 3 sacks, and Jones will have 3 sacks, and HB will have two picks, and The Chiefs will beat them 56-0 or some such shit.

You know, show the world what they can do, because they're pissed off.

Problem is, they'll revert to the same entitled bullshit overpaid and ineffective defense next week against a contender again.

They aren’t going to shut any team out. I’d bet my house that the Giants will score a TD on their first possession.

kccrow 10-30-2021 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15920988)
HB wears his emotions on his sleeve. Thats OK. Hitchens comments though are dissapointing.

Nah man, it's really not ok to call out the fanbase like he did. His shit should be on the first flight out of town in a trade.

PHOG 10-30-2021 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastsidedawg (Post 15921171)
wheels coming off love to see it :popcorn:

You should know what it looks like, you getting training wheels back and all.

Beef Supreme 10-30-2021 06:52 AM

dethspiccable.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Rainbarrel 10-30-2021 07:12 AM

Tyrann needs to stay in the locker room for the MNF open. The chances of a Chief fan piloting in the fly over are pretty good. I think they could pick him out. Walk it back HB

T-post Tom 10-30-2021 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 15921204)

FTW!

Wisconsin_Chief 10-30-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 15921184)
If the Chiefs roll these clowns out Monday night, it will show the fans what the Chiefs organization think about them.

I really don’t see how they can. If they do, I hope the fans boo the defense every single time they take the field. These guys are a goddamn joke.

HC_Chief 10-30-2021 07:33 AM

Ahh, I see HB is now throwing his yellow gloves up in a "WTF" to the fanbase.

Yep, it's the fans fault you're ass. It's always someone else's fault. Bruh, STFU and play football. SOMEBODY on that shit _efensive squad needs to. Thought you were supposed to be a leader, HB? Leaders don't point fingers and cast aspersions. Looks like you're NOT a leader, just another loud-mouthed, spoiled shithead who thinks he is above the game.

Flying High D 10-30-2021 07:37 AM

Mahomes what say ye.

Mahomes, “well ya, ya know what I’m saying. We’re frustrated in our performance and we’re expressing it in different ways. It makes a healthy locker room to attack a solution in a multiple battle plan of attack. I fully support my teammates.”

Wisconsin_Chief 10-30-2021 07:38 AM

So I try my best to stay away from social media but I had to go check out HB’s Twitter account after all this is happening. Holy shit, that dude is a nut case and moron. End of conversation.

Social media needs to die.

oldman 10-30-2021 07:50 AM

I find many people on Twitter to be nut cases and morons.

But the fact remains this hasn't been a banner year so far for both Mathieu and Hitchens. If I were the GM of any mid to upper tier team, I'd have to ask myself if either would be worth what they think they're worth to my team in 2022 and beyond. You can't tell me that the scouts and personnel people on those teams haven't been watching film.

Red Dawg 10-30-2021 07:51 AM

This whole thing just puts a bad feeling about Monday night.

Red Dawg 10-30-2021 07:52 AM

Players get paid a lot of money to play hard and take shit from the media. That's the job. Tyrann is being a punk.

Bwana 10-30-2021 07:54 AM

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion, reminds me of '98.

MahomesMagic 10-30-2021 07:58 AM

I have no idea why Hitchens wasn't cut before the year started.

Whatever coach thought he was needed and told Veach he was a must keep should also be out the door.

digger 10-30-2021 07:59 AM

One more reason why the Twitter is the worst place on the interwebs...

"I say nuke it from orbit just to be sure."

louie aguiar 10-30-2021 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15921232)
I have no idea why Hitchens wasn't cut before the year started.

Whatever coach thought he was needed and told Veach he was a must keep should also be out the door.

I think Hitchens was basically uncuttable before the season because of his contract and the cap hit we would take.

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 15921234)
I think Hitchens was basically uncuttable before the season because of his contract and the cap hit we would take.

Yup, him and Clark. Writing is on the wall that these guys are gone next year. We just have to put up with this for a few more months

wazu 10-30-2021 08:06 AM

What Hitchens said is whiney but ultimately forgettable, especially from such a forgettable player. But Honey Badger’s tweet is legacy-defining. Get the **** out of here you soft bitch.

ThyKingdomCome15 10-30-2021 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 15921234)

He has never been good for us. It was a head scratcher at the time and time has done it no favors.