ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Football 2022-2023 Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343449)

dtforever 09-10-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief (Post 16441982)
K state may be good this year, but imo most of the hype they get is due to the fact the big 12 is waaaaaaay down this year so someone has to be there. If they were in the sec they would be slated to finish middle in the east and nobody would be talking about them. We shall see.

Seems like there is a bit of discrepancy between how good you think you are, and how good you actually are. It’s like Missouri fans think that being in the SEC makes you automatically good. I get that this is a Missouri thread, and I’ll move along after this. But read back through the shit said about KSU. It’s beyond ridiculous. Good luck going forward.

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 02:19 PM

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtforever (Post 16452733)
Seems like there is a bit of discrepancy between how good you think you are, and how good you actually are. It’s like Missouri fans think that being in the SEC makes you automatically good. I get that this is a Missouri thread, and I’ll move along after this. But read back through the shit said about KSU. It’s beyond ridiculous. Good luck going forward.

I'm not sure how you can watch Adrian Martinez play QB and feel brash, but you do you.

Pepe Silvia 09-10-2022 02:21 PM

I wonder if Drink will run his mouth again at Tennessee after they kick his teeth in for a third time this year?

Bowser 09-10-2022 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief (Post 16452731)
Actually I was thinking "I hope KU plays this badly against KSU" later in the year. But I'm not one to kick a program when its down like MU and KU are at the moment. By all means enjoy your SEC cash and irrelevance.

Okie dokie, you've had your fun.

dlphg9 09-10-2022 02:22 PM

He is so ****ing bad.

Best22 09-10-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

I just don’t think you should be losing 40-6 to an average to above average CFB team like Kansas State, when your HC is in his 3rd year

This is pathetic by Mizzou. I’m more alarmed by how bad Mizzou is than how good KSU is

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 02:23 PM

Look it's ok to come in and talk smack as it's well deserved. There's a fine line between that and just being a shit poster doing the same shitty shtick somewhere else.

Fin

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 02:27 PM

And the game finally came to a mercy ending as Brady Cook lobs incomplete passes allover to never score, himself.

A truly fitting end.

Sassy Squatch 09-10-2022 02:29 PM

What a shame. Actually thought Drinkwitz had the potential to at least get us to decent with how he was recruiting but as an on field coach he's ****ing abysmal.

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 02:29 PM

Aw **** they let em have a garbage time td?

Sassy Squatch 09-10-2022 02:32 PM

Over/Under what week Burden announces he's in the transfer portal?

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 02:33 PM

Bye Week

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 02:38 PM

At this juncture, it's time to start actually using the big SEC payouts and overspend for a proven coach.

They're not having any luck landing on another Gary Pinkel.

Rams Fan 09-10-2022 02:38 PM

Remember when jjchiefsfan said Kansas St. wouldn’t be a problem?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Rams Fan 09-10-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief (Post 16452698)
Who will have a better season record in 22: MU or KU?

Go away scum.

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16452770)
Remember when jjchiefsfan said Kansas St. wouldn’t be a problem?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

It was an all-timer. Not sure how any could see Cook's erratic throws and be excited.

If I had to pick a somewhat realistic replacement for Drinkwitz at this point, I'd maybe look at David Shaw. It's a miracle he's lasted at Stanford for as long as he has and has to be looking for somewhere with more football resources.

dtforever 09-10-2022 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16452736)
I'm not sure how you can watch Adrian Martinez play QB and feel brash, but you do you.

I didn’t say anything brash. I have no illusions about KSU being great. My comment was about the obviously skewed perception of Missouri fans. But you do you.

kstater 09-10-2022 02:49 PM

Downtown billboardhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e5de01c683.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtforever (Post 16452785)
I didn’t say anything brash. I have no illusions about KSU being great. My comment was about the obviously skewed perception of Missouri fans. But you do you.

Interestingly enough, it's a usual expectation for people to think a program will move forward in Year 3.

It didn't happen and I think people came back down to earth quickly. Can't guess 'em all right, but you do you.

poolboy 09-10-2022 02:55 PM

Martinez IS limited right now...hopefully he can progress along the way

Rams Fan 09-10-2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

The fact that Mizzou is this bad year 3 under Drink isn’t good.

No excuses. He has KC and STL to recruit.

Pitt Gorilla 09-10-2022 03:21 PM

Wonder what Horn and Macon look like in practice.

Raiderhater 09-10-2022 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 16452742)
I just don’t think you should be losing 40-6 to an average to above average CFB team like Kansas State, when your HC is in his 3rd year

This is pathetic by Mizzou. I’m more alarmed by how bad Mizzou is than how good KSU is

As a K-State fan this was my take away from the game, and not even in the respect of it being the Cats being all that good. We shot ourselves in the foot multiple times and failed to take advantage of a couple of situations. We dominated, and the score shows it but, what the score doesn’t show is how long it took to get to that score. It was an all around excruciating game, and Mizzou put up almost no fight, which was not only boring but, surprising. Had they, it could have been a completely different game.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-10-2022 03:41 PM

Single worst game of QB play since a strung out Mauk couldn't find his coke dealer before Georgia in 2014. Drinkwitz desperately needs an OC or he'll be getting fired next year. He is clearly not a guy that can scheme or develop talent. He needs people underneath him to do that.

Pablo 09-10-2022 03:45 PM

Interesting game today.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-10-2022 03:46 PM

On the bright side, at least Mizzou has successfully diverted enough money to football to have a bottom tier team while also reducing their employees' PTO by two weeks a year.

poolboy 09-10-2022 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16452890)
On the bright side, at least Mizzou has successfully diverted enough money to football to have a bottom tier team while also reducing their employees' PTO by two weeks a year.

gotta fund that NIL somehow

Best22 09-10-2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 16452869)
As a K-State fan this was my take away from the game, and not even in the respect of it being the Cats being all that good. We shot ourselves in the foot multiple times and failed to take advantage of a couple of situations. We dominated, and the score shows it but, what the score doesn’t show is how long it took to get to that score. It was an all around excruciating game, and Mizzou put up almost no fight, which was not only boring but, surprising. Had they, it could have been a completely different game.

KSU was messing around, completely unconcerned and unthreatened. They were sloppy and made mental mistakes

KSU is gonna go 8-4. Their QB will throw 11TD and 6INT. They have a 50% chance to win their late December bowl game. That’s who they are

And we still lost to them by as many points as South Dakota. Only position we are superior at is kicker (and probably WR, but we don’t have the QB to exploit that. KSU would look good with guys like Lovett and Dove)

We’ll win 3 games this year. KSU now the only local football program that knows what it’s doing. Sad

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16452878)
Single worst game of QB play since a strung out Mauk couldn't find his coke dealer before Georgia in 2014. Drinkwitz desperately needs an OC or he'll be getting fired next year. He is clearly not a guy that can scheme or develop talent. He needs people underneath him to do that.

With SEC schedule coming up I don't think he lasts long enough to hire an OC.

There's also the word that coaches don't like him.

Raiderhater 09-10-2022 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 16452896)
KSU was messing around, completely unconcerned and unthreatened. They were sloppy and made mental mistakes

KSU is gonna go 8-4. Their QB will throw 11TD and 6INT. They have a 50% chance to win their late December bowl game. That’s who they are

And we still lost to them by as many points as South Dakota. Only position we are superior at is kicker (and probably WR, but we don’t have the QB to exploit that. KSU would look good with guys like Lovett and Dove)

We’ll win 3 games this year. KSU now the only local football program that knows what it’s doing. Sad

Playing up and down to your opposition is not a long term winning position.

I do agree we should win 8. That has actually been a topic of conversation the past couple of weeks because Vegas has our O/U at 6.5 which just seems a bit low. They absolutely have the ability to go over but, if they don’t get some things cleaned up the under may not be be out of the realm of possibilities.

Regardless, my initial point stands: today’s game was more about how bad Mizzou is than how good KSU is. And I’m not saying that to be an ass (well, maybe a bit of the conference turmoil MU started) but, as an acknowledgment of how mediocre the Cats played and still dominated the entire game.

poolboy 09-10-2022 04:12 PM

opportunistic defense, good special teams and a running game can work in college football

Coach 09-10-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 16452869)

Offensively, yes, the Cats did shot themselves at their foot, mainly at the 3rd quarter. We can be a lot better on the offensive side of the ball. It was sloppy, especially in the second half when they were unable to take advantage of the Missouri turnovers.

Defensively though, they were elite (aside from the opening drive where they were way too overhyped). Missouri didn't have a chance especially when the front 6 was causing so much havoc on them. And they did just defeat an SEC team with ease, that made a bowl last season, while not coming close to playing their best football, IMHO.

JohnnyHammersticks 09-10-2022 04:27 PM

It's not just the loss, it's the way they looked while losing. That team was completely unprepared to play today. That's on Drink. That was the most incoherent offensive game "plan" I've ever seen. Seemed like a team coached by someone who had absolutely no experience designing a game plan or leading college athletes. Drink looks like he has no business being a college coach - let alone an SEC coach.

Takes a lot to embarrass a Mizzou fan - trust me, I've been one since about 5 yrs old - but that was embarrassingly bad. Just a pathetic job by everyone on the coaching staff except maybe for the DC for a bit in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Completely pathetic. Not sure how it turns around unless you bring in an OC and make Drink just a figurehead who recruits and sells the program.

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 16452914)
Playing up and down to your opposition is not a long term winning position.

I do agree we should win 8. That has actually been a topic of conversation the past couple of weeks because Vegas has our O/U at 6.5 which just seems a bit low. They absolutely have the ability to go over but, if they don’t get some things cleaned up the under may not be be out of the realm of possibilities.

Regardless, my initial point stands: today’s game was more about how bad Mizzou is than how good KSU is. And I’m not saying that to be an ass (well, maybe a bit of the conference turmoil MU started) but, as an acknowledgment of how mediocre the Cats played and still dominated the entire game.

No, you're right. I think anyone that thought we would go into Manhattan and have our way with KState was insane, but the game should have been within 1-2 scores.

I think we know why Drink was hitting the transfer portal for QB's hard, now.

Raiderhater 09-10-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 16452925)
Offensively, yes, the Cats did shot themselves at their foot, mainly at the 3rd quarter. We can be a lot better on the offensive side of the ball. It was sloppy, especially in the second half when they were unable to take advantage of the Missouri turnovers.

Defensively though, they were elite (aside from the opening drive where they were way too overhyped). Missouri didn't have a chance especially when the front 6 was causing so much havoc on them. And they did just defeat an SEC team with ease, that made a bowl last season, while not coming close to playing their best football, IMHO.

Defense looked elite aside from the first drive AND the constant offsides calls. Most of our conference rivals are going to take better advantage of that than MU did today making games a lot harder and closer than today.

I’m not trying to be all negative, I’m just seeing things that are making me uncomfortable. And some discipline on the offsides issues can still be instilled. I’m just sharing my thoughts on the game as it was being played. Martinez actually looked fairly sharp for the first half the game. Some drops and the rain seemed to cause him to struggle some later on. But if they can his confidence up and learn how to work around his weaknesses he can be a perfectly serviceable starter for us.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-10-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16452912)
With SEC schedule coming up I don't think he lasts long enough to hire an OC.

Which coaches? His own or others?

He was [technically] a Jim Sterk hire so I should have known it would be a disaster. Incompetent people hire incompetent people.

BryanBusby 09-10-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16452955)
Which coaches? His own or others?

He was [technically] a Jim Sterk hire so I should have known it would be a disaster. Incompetent people hire incompetent people.

His own. Wouldn't specify beyond there's a reason it's a revolving door with his assts.

Coach 09-10-2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 16452954)
Defense looked elite aside from the first drive AND the constant offsides calls. Most of our conference rivals are going to take better advantage of that than MU did today making games a lot harder and closer than today.

I’m not trying to be all negative, I’m just seeing things that are making me uncomfortable. And some discipline on the offsides issues can still be instilled. I’m just sharing my thoughts on the game as it was being played. Martinez actually looked fairly sharp for the first half the game. Some drops and the rain seemed to cause him to struggle some later on. But if they can his confidence up and learn how to work around his weaknesses he can be a perfectly serviceable starter for us.

That's just going to happen when you employ an ultra-aggressive defense. There's going to be some offsides calls. The fact that they have disrupted Missouri's offense, I can live with that. They did an excellent job on keeping their best WR in check and forced turnovers. I prefer my defense to be aggressive and a little dumb than being passive/read-react defense and trying to play smart.

I know you weren't being negative, and I get that. There are some concerns that I have too as well when it comes to the offense side. Also, another thing that do concern me is the kicker situation.

As for Martinez, he has done what I expected him to do so far up to this point. Got no complaints. I'm more annoyed about the fact that our offense got disrupted by that stupid lighting delay and it messed up the flow, and our offensive coordinator not recognizing that Missouri's defense was getting gashed on the edges.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy this win today. And as for Missouri, you'll probably need a new coach. Good recruiter (a little shady), but not SEC (or P5 for that matter) HC material, IMHO.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-10-2022 05:04 PM

A marginally competent QB hits Burden for two TDs today.

ChiTown 09-10-2022 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16452992)

That first miss to Burden was criminal. That certainly could have changed the momentum in the first half. Not having watched Mizzou play, I was shocked how bad your two qb’s were today.

I was happy for the win, but I’m equally concerned with the ineptitude of our QB and pass game in general.

Mizzou_8541 09-10-2022 05:30 PM

Both of DJs nuts were right about the offensive line. I wasn’t wrong. I just wasn’t right

Mizzou_8541 09-10-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolboy (Post 16452893)
gotta fund that NIL somehow

Someone doesn’t know what NIL means

Mizzou_8541 09-10-2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16452890)

Cry me a river, pussy. People that work in the real world have shit happen to them like this all the time. Take a step out of academia for a ****ing day and you’ll learn that, you ****ing outstanding citizen. God you’re a pussy.

smithandrew051 09-10-2022 05:34 PM

I just wanted KU to hang in there for a half. They’ve done that, so I’m happy with however this ends.

DCTwister 09-10-2022 05:38 PM

K-State defense balled out + Deuce awesomeness + special teams TD
Otherwise, K-State offense didn’t look that great.
A few dumb penalties, only 100 yards passing, etc.
Mizzou couldn’t capitalize
K-State is a good team but has work to do on the offense side with new QB and Colin’s new up-tempo playbook.
They would be very good team if they could have brought back Skylar for a 7th year

Pitt Gorilla 09-10-2022 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16452992)

Sam Horn is marginally competent. Hell, Tyler Macon is marginally competent.

ChiefsCountry 09-10-2022 09:30 PM

Mizzou wore the 90s throwback jerseys also with the 90s results.

MarkDavis'Haircut 09-10-2022 09:31 PM

There was a Fifth Down or a Flea Kicker?

Pepe Silvia 09-10-2022 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16452912)

That’s probably why he doesn’t have an OC. If his ego won’t allow him to get along with a DC how in the heck would he get along with an OC when he thinks he’s some kind of play calling genius?

Best22 09-11-2022 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16453409)
There was a Fifth Down or a Flea Kicker?

Most 90s Mizzou games weren’t that close

This is like when we’d go to Manhattan from 1995-2000. Just getting our asses beat by 4 touchdowns

Georgia will beat us like Nebraska used to

We need to can the white Block M helmets. Those things are cursed

Archie Bunker 09-11-2022 06:25 AM

Too soon to nuke it? Early recruiting looked good, zero ability to attract QBs and/or develop them and minimal success or improvement on the field.

I’m usually a five year guy but with each weekend MU gets farther away from the SEC Chamlopnship game days and the Pinkel run. Just feel like they need to act fast before we are the worst programs in each SEC sport.

duncan_idaho 09-11-2022 07:19 AM

Drinkwitz has recruited well. Everyone except QB. His inability to land a better solution prior to Horn and strikeouts in the portal are troublesome.

The way he calls games is more troublesome. I was encouraged by some of his season 1 work. The efforts to adjust gameplan and approach to opponents' strengths was exciting. That has slipped last year and so far this year.

I don't understand why they weren't focusing more on a power run game against a 335 defensive deployment.

I don't understand why he tries to run everything horizontally.

I like his attitude and recruiting results. On-field results need to start matching. With the money committed, I think he gets next season. He may be encouraged to hire a dedicated OC (which I think he needs).

But right now? He looks like Missouri's version of Butch Jones.

TomBarndtsTwin 09-11-2022 07:20 AM

Part of the reason Mizzou had the success they had with Pinkel for a while is because they stuck with him. There were some rough years. We’re in the SEC now, there is going to be some rough years. People need to chill the **** out and give it some time. Redefining a program doesn’t happen overnight. Hell, he still has a chunk of Barry’s leftovers. It won’t be all HIS team till next year. He’s proven he can recruit and that’s where it starts in the SEC. If you can’t bring in the 4 stars and the occasional 5 star at Mizzou, then you’re not going to be able to compete at a high level. You just . . . . . won’t.

I think Drinks a better coach than people give him credit for, but he needs to get out of his own way a little. He needs to hire a dedicated OC and get a QB in here that can throw the ball, otherwise you’re wasting your best talents on offense like Burden and Lovett, etc.

Mizzou will get better, but it’s gonna take a couple more years and an impact QB (maybe Sam Horn? ���� ) I’m willing to give him a shot with his own recruits for a few years to see what he can do. The constant changing of coaches (all over college FB) every few years because fans don’t like the immediate results is no way to build a program.

Give it some time. Dude seems to genuinely love coaching at Mizzou. Players like him. Coaches are buying in. Program has made some real inroads with recruiting in KC and STL, something Odom could never do in his 5 years here, despite being a Mizzou guy and recruiting and working for Pinkel.

Drink is their best shot right now. They need to stick with him and let this thing play out.

HonestChieffan 09-11-2022 07:39 AM

How simply awful.

CoMoChief 09-11-2022 08:16 AM

Lol....3-9 is a possibility with this team.

If you're a stud local/in-state recruit, why on earth would you choose MU to play football?

There's no argument for it at this point.

Best22 09-11-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16453732)
Part of the reason Mizzou had the success they had with Pinkel for a while is because they stuck with him. There were some rough years. We’re in the SEC now, there is going to be some rough years. People need to chill the **** out and give it some time. Redefining a program doesn’t happen overnight. Hell, he still has a chunk of Barry’s leftovers. It won’t be all HIS team till next year. He’s proven he can recruit and that’s where it starts in the SEC. If you can’t bring in the 4 stars and the occasional 5 star at Mizzou, then you’re not going to be able to compete at a high level. You just . . . . . won’t.

I think Drinks a better coach than people give him credit for, but he needs to get out of his own way a little. He needs to hire a dedicated OC and get a QB in here that can throw the ball, otherwise you’re wasting your best talents on offense like Burden and Lovett, etc.

Mizzou will get better, but it’s gonna take a couple more years and an impact QB (maybe Sam Horn? ���� ) I’m willing to give him a shot with his own recruits for a few years to see what he can do. The constant changing of coaches (all over college FB) every few years because fans don’t like the immediate results is no way to build a program.

Give it some time. Dude seems to genuinely love coaching at Mizzou. Players like him. Coaches are buying in. Program has made some real inroads with recruiting in KC and STL, something Odom could never do in his 5 years here, despite being a Mizzou guy and recruiting and working for Pinkel.

Drink is their best shot right now. They need to stick with him and let this thing play out.

Pinkel had rough early years because he was taking over for a truly awful football program. His 2003 season bought him time. Went 8-4, beat #10 Nebraska, and actually went into Manhatten against a much more talented KSU team and competed for 4 quarters with the Big12 North title on the line

2004 was bad, but he turned it around and got us to a bowl in 2005. 2006-2010 were his best years in the Big12. 2012 rolled around and people were pretty mad at Pinkel…but looking back they played a monstrous schedule and didn’t even have their staring QB for alot of it. 2013 and 2014 made him a Mizzou legend, and then 2015 happened

Drink took over a .500 program with slipping recruiting, but not nearly as dreary a situation as the one Pinkel inherited, especially when it came to fan expectations. I fear Drink may be leading us into the pre-Pinkel dark age. It just looked like the team didn’t believe they could beat KSU, and that’s a shame.

QB was a major issue as well. Sam Horn had better see some playing time this year

BryanBusby 09-11-2022 11:09 AM

The cupboard was a lot more bare for Drinkwitz coming in than you're imagining. Barry Odom left him some pieces, but was mostly a shitty recruiter.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-11-2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16453032)
Cry me a river, pussy. People that work in the real world have shit happen to them like this all the time. Take a step out of academia for a ****ing day and you’ll learn that, you ****ing outstanding citizen. God you’re a pussy.

I don't work in academia, you ****ing troglodyte, and that decision affected everyone who works for the system, janitors, nurses, etc.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-11-2022 01:44 PM

The issue isn't recruiting, it's player development. Who is improving on this roster?

Boxer_Chief 09-11-2022 02:11 PM

The difference between Pinkel and Drink is Pinkel identified and raised great quarterbacks to go along with the athletes. If Sam Horn is that guy drink has a chance. But thus far his picked and groomed QBs have been putrid.

Pitt Gorilla 09-11-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief (Post 16454678)
The difference between Pinkel and Drink is Pinkel identified and raised great quarterbacks to go along with the athletes. If Sam Horn is that guy drink has a chance. But thus far his picked and groomed QBs have been putrid.

Pinkel also had a little known cadre of grad students helping to "quantify" the previously "unquantifiable" and recruit players using those metrics.

;)

Mizzou_8541 09-17-2022 11:12 AM

I can’t believe I defended this OL. What a fail. We may not win a single SEC game.

Mizzou_8541 09-17-2022 11:14 AM

Also: Steck in the booth is a national treasure. I’d take him every week if we are going to suck this bad.

KurtCobain 09-17-2022 12:04 PM

The announcers are so obsessed with the band.

ChiefsCountry 09-17-2022 12:15 PM

17 points from the offense against a not very good FCS team.

Pepe Silvia 09-17-2022 12:16 PM

Auburn is going to kick their pussies in next week.

Mizzou_8541 09-17-2022 12:23 PM

This OL is 1980s Mizzou bad. Completely unacceptable.

Mizzou_8541 09-17-2022 12:25 PM

Not only are they had. They are undisciplined.

Pepe Silvia 09-17-2022 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16471943)
This OL is 1980s Mizzou bad. Completely unacceptable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16471946)
Not only are they had. They are undisciplined.

People didn’t want to believe me last year but it’s true, the Mizzou coaches are not allowed to discipline anymore. Drink has to play patty cake with the players and you simply cannot compete that way. The line is soft because the coaches can’t do their job, they’re not even allowed to tell the players what they’re doing wrong. The evidence is on the field, I haven’t seen one Mizzou football team show passion and fire in 7 years.

Mizzou_8541 09-17-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16471948)
People didn’t want to believe me last year but it’s true, the Mizzou coaches are not allowed to discipline anymore. Drink has to play patty cake with the players and you simply cannot compete that way. The line is soft because the coaches can’t do their job, they’re not even allowed to tell the players what they’re doing wrong. The evidence is on the field, I haven’t seen one Mizzou football team show passion and fire in 7 years.

Not saying i don’t believe you, but why can’t he discipline them? Who cares if Bobby Lawrence or Zeke Powell gets pissed? Go play somewhere else. It can’t get much worse.

Pepe Silvia 09-17-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16471966)
Not saying i don’t believe you, but why can’t he discipline them? Who cares if Bobby Lawrence or Zeke Powell gets pissed? Go play somewhere else. It can’t get much worse.

I read the rumor on Tigerboard during Odoms tenure, they are very negative on that site but when I watch the games I can see with my own eyes that the rumor is true. These guys don’t show effort, I think Badie was the only player who showed any heart last season.

As for Drink I don’t think he is a very good coach but like Odom he didn’t really have an opportunity to dig in and do his job. I mean look at the guy during the press conferences, he’s absolutely shitting himself, he has to coach with 2 arms tied behind his back.

I just know that Mizzou got terrified after that bad national press in 2015 and went woke. The culture is destroyed and I don’t know who can fix it.

Archie Bunker 09-17-2022 01:48 PM

Going to be an ugly ride. The company I work for gets a pair of tickets to every game and I’m glad I ended up with the NMSU ones.

HonestChieffan 09-17-2022 02:01 PM

this team has zero hope vs SEC teams. How anyone can stand firm behind the coach and this shit is insane.

BryanBusby 09-17-2022 02:33 PM

Man, you guys are masochists for watching this shit.

HonestChieffan 09-18-2022 04:05 AM

Mizzou getting picked on in twatterville

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I do not support SEC expansion. I support SEC retraction. We need to deport A&amp;M and Mizzou back to the Big 12 where they can pillow fight with OU and Texas.</p>&mdash; Three Year Letterman (@3YearLetterman) <a href="https://twitter.com/3YearLetterman/status/1571338228631851008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archie Bunker 09-18-2022 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 16472793)
Mizzou getting picked on in twatterville

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I do not support SEC expansion. I support SEC retraction. We need to deport A&amp;M and Mizzou back to the Big 12 where they can pillow fight with OU and Texas.</p>&mdash; Three Year Letterman (@3YearLetterman) <a href="https://twitter.com/3YearLetterman/status/1571338228631851008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Welp shut it down, I guess. 3 Year Letterman disses are almost impossible for a program to recover from. Little known fact, his disses are responsible for the downfall of several traditional powers. Nebraska for example, all because of a 3 Year Letterman diss.

Prison Bitch 09-18-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16472095)
Man, you guys are masochists for watching this shit.

What was up with the D3 unis ?

https://www.si.com/.image/ar_1:1%2Cc...brady-cook.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/mggG...01.19_PM.0.png

dlphg9 09-24-2022 10:33 AM

That looked a lot like DPI to me. Burden had no way to grab that ball.

These commentators are god ****ing awful too

Pepe Silvia 09-24-2022 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16483992)
That looked a lot like DPI to me. Burden had no way to grab that ball.

These commentators are god ****ing awful too

That’s another reason Mizzou will never compete in the SEC, even if they get the players /talent the SEC officials will still make sure they lose.