ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Skyy Moore Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343627)

lawrenceRaider 04-30-2022 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16273828)
Where did he end up?

Sadly with the Raiders.

He's our 4th or 5th guy though, so hopefully not too much damage done to us.

lawrenceRaider 04-30-2022 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 16273822)
I am

You should be. He's going to be a hell of a player.

TEX 04-30-2022 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16274621)
I can’t get over how ballsy that trade-down was if Moore was the guy all along. We traded from 50 to 54 and three receivers were picked in that space. I guess Veach had a backup plan in the event Moore didn’t fall to us (maybe the TE McBride)

I think he knew we would get one, so he moved back and did just that.

Molitoth 04-30-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTVietnam (Post 16274246)
a new coach and a new sc heme to have a large radius WR. ./

God u guys are slamming down the reerun sandwhiches today. .

So everyone happy with Sky Moore?.. We got another gadget guy ..oh but we got a 5th rounder too. .

Man Mahomes must of slept with Veaches girl or something. .

You got a generational talent, you have 12 draft picks and you dont get him a WR1 or a RB1. .If Kelce gets hurt its a wrap for the Chiefs and Mahomes. . .

people will say we need defense ..which is truew buit what he have makes our defense barely servicable..we are not a dominant defense and will never be..\

Steelers have a better offense than we do. . now. .

Holy shit you are a clown.

KCUnited 04-30-2022 07:30 AM

Quote:

So everyone happy with Sky Moore?.. We got another gadget guy ..oh but we got a 5th rounder too. .

You got a generational talent, you have 12 draft picks and you dont get him a WR1 or a RB1. .If Kelce gets hurt its a wrap for the Chiefs and Mahomes. . .

people will say we need defense ..which is truew buit what he have makes our defense barely servicable..we are not a dominant defense and will never be..\

https://i.imgur.com/Yr4IRzB.jpg?1

chinaski 04-30-2022 07:44 AM

Quote:

JFC you are a Debbie Downer

New World Order 04-30-2022 07:56 AM

Just watched every snap he had against Pitt. He was unstoppable n the 10-15 yard range and I can see why scouts compliment his route running.

I thought he was just another gadget guy but he’s absolutely not. I’m excited for this pick.

neech 04-30-2022 09:02 AM

Golden Tate

Height 5' 10"
Weight 199 lbs
Arm Length 30½"
Hand Size 9¼" 39
40 Yard Dash 4.42s
Vertical Jump 35"
Broad Jump 120"
3-Cone Drill 7.12s
20 Yard Shuttle 4.34s
Bench Press 17 rep

Skyy Moore

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 195 lbs.
Arms: 31"
Hands: 10 and one quarter inches
40-yard dash: 4.41s
Vertical jump: 34.5"
Broad jump: 10 feet, five inches
Three-cone drill: 7.13s
20-yard Shuttle: 4.32
Bench: 15 reps

The Franchise 04-30-2022 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16272961)
Nope. Not a fan.

Wasn’t a fan when it happened. I can understand why it did. At least it wasn’t in the first round.

Best22 04-30-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 16274641)
Holy shit you are a clown.

He thinks Pickett throwing to Pickens, Johnson, and Claypool is a better offense than Mahomes throwing to Kelce, JuJu, and Moore? I guess he thinks Pat sucks

ThyKingdomCome15 04-30-2022 09:14 AM

Juju and Mecole may not be with the Chiefs next year. It's good Moore will have a year under his belt in case that happens. It's just weird we went from having all vertical threats to having a crowd of guys who run horizontal patterns or strictly gadget plays.

MahomesMagic 04-30-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16274780)
Juju and Mecole may not be with the Chiefs next year. It's good Moore will have a year under his belt in case that happens. It's just weird we went from having all vertical threats to having a crowd of guys who run horizontal patterns or strictly gadget plays.

I think deep down Andy Reid AND Mahomes will never lose their love for the vertical game. That's what they want to do.

Chris Meck 04-30-2022 09:20 AM

Quote:

What particular kind of bullshit is this?

CapsLockKey 04-30-2022 09:20 AM

Chiefs biggest problem on offense last year was drops, Tyreek included. Glad they drafted someone where hands aren't going to be an issue.

In58men 04-30-2022 09:23 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d516936e75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Urc Burry 04-30-2022 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 16274805)

Yuck. I don’t mind the freedom of numbers change. But 24 on a wr is gross

Sassy Squatch 04-30-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 16274807)

LMAO Yeah, that one feels a bit weird.

bigjosh 04-30-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16274809)
LMAO Yeah, that one feels a bit weird.

Maybe he is switching to CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise 04-30-2022 09:27 AM

I really don’t give a shit what number they wear. Weird that people do.

Chris Meck 04-30-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

It's just weird we went from having all vertical threats to having a crowd of guys who run horizontal patterns or strictly gadget plays.

I was gonna stop with just saying this is bullshit, but I can't.

There's literally not a single true thing in this statement.

Hill in 2021: 11.2 yards per catch. The vertical game essentially gone. He'd basically been reduced to a gadget player by defensive philosophy. a TON of manufactured touches. Very little vertical success. Did you even watch this past season?!

So all vertical threats, like Pringle and Robinson? What bullshit is this? You had ONE vertical threat that is no longer here, and that's Hill, and defenses had basically decided they would let us do ANYHTING but get the ball to Hill vertically.

And so what do we have now?
MVS, who is basically a vertical ONLY player.
Juju, who's a lot more than a horizontal guy, look at how many 40 yard TD's the guy has.
Hardman, who was here all along.

Moore, who's an extremely polished route runner.

but yeah, we've totally got a room full of gadgets guys.

Your whole post is ridiculous.

Sassy Squatch 04-30-2022 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16274812)
I really don’t give a shit what number they wear. Weird that people do.

I don't give a shit. It's just going to be a bit weird seeing all these new # possibilities for a while.

Urc Burry 04-30-2022 09:31 AM

Yeah haha. I don’t actually care. But this is the first time I’ve actually had a reaction to a player doing something different. DE or LB wants a single digit number? Don’t mind. But seeing 24 at WR is weird

Best22 04-30-2022 09:31 AM

Quote:

We didn’t have all vertical threats.

Hardman is still Hardman

MVS isn’t a gadget player, the best thing about him is his deep threat ability

JJSS is a horizontal possession receiver. Watkins was also a possession receiver who made his money over the middle (he could still go deep but he rarely got open on go-routes)

Pringle wasn’t a deep threat. Robinson occasionally got open deep because he was covered by the other teams CB4. Skyy Moore would appear to have better route running and hands than Robinson

KC has two speed receivers (MVS and Mecole) along with two more horizontal l, possession receivers. This is without mentioning Kelce, and of course the QB and HC who will be responsible for getting these guys the ball with their unrivalled creativity

jettio 04-30-2022 09:31 AM

Maybe already said in the thread, but interesting that Tyreek Hill was first a RB in college and wore #24 at OK State, and same position change and original number for Skyy Moore in Kalamazoo.

Chris Meck 04-30-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 16274824)
We didn’t have all vertical threats.

Hardman is still Hardman

MVS isn’t a gadget player, the best thing about him is his deep threat ability

JJSS is a horizontal possession receiver. Watkins was also a possession receiver who made his money over the middle (he could still go deep but he rarely got open on go-routes)

Pringle wasn’t a deep threat. Robinson occasionally got open deep because he was covered by the other teams CB4. Skyy Moore would appear to have better route running and hands than Robinson

KC has two speed receivers (MVS and Mecole) along with two more horizontal l, possession receivers. This is without mentioning Kelce, and of course the QB and HC who will be responsible for getting these guys the ball with their unrivalled creativity

But, but...but....

No Tyreek Hill!

NOTHING COMPARES
NOTHING COMPARES
TO YOU

smithandrew051 04-30-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 16274810)
Maybe he is switching to CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s doing it to confuse defenses.

DBs will be like “oh should I cover that guy? Naw, he’s wearing 24. Must be one of my teammates.”

Then, BAM! Touchdown!

Then that DB will be like “oh darn! Should have covered him. The Chiefs helmet was a dead giveaway.”

BossChief 04-30-2022 09:41 AM

His ghost mid route stutter step is devastating.

I can’t wait to see this kid in action against opponents 3rd or 4th corner and grow into a starter right in front of us.

Great pick

Kiimo 04-30-2022 09:43 AM

After looking at some things will you guys correct me if I'm wrong? My thoughts:

I mean pickens was my guy and they rejected him flat out. Same with Nakobe Dean. So I have to think they rejected him so what is it about Skyy Moore that they felt comfortable trading down? Assuming it wasn't for Pierce.

Well I will say personally it's one: he catches EVERYTHING with those huge hands so that's why he was a cornerback and they were like okay you need to switch positions with those hands. two: he gets open constantly and Mahomes will find him better than his shitty QB did. three: he doesn't need to be a deep threat, he needs to be our terry mclaurin. Make catches, move the chains

With skyy moore he hasn't been a receiver very long. Like Hill when he came out. Maybe they see upside as he's real young and inexperienced and still gets open all the time which is my #1 thing with receivers who play with Mahomes.

Saw this negative review and scoffed:

Quote:

His game against Michigan was concerning, with only two catches for 22 yards. You would have hoped to see a bigger impact from him in that matchup, but it felt like he was schemed out of the game entirely. It will be up to coaches to decide if that was a symptom of the talent around him, or if he’s just not the kind of player who can dominate against top competition.

Western Michigan QB and offensive line facing Aidan Hutchinson and Ojabo and you blame it on the wide receiver not producing enough lmao

farmerchief 04-30-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16274621)
I can’t get over how ballsy that trade-down was if Moore was the guy all along. We traded from 50 to 54 and three receivers were picked in that space. I guess Veach had a backup plan in the event Moore didn’t fall to us (maybe the TE McBride)

Im guessing he had the Wr's ranked as Moore,Pickens, Pierce, in that order and was fine with any of them, if it meant getting a 5th rounder.

suzzer99 04-30-2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerchief (Post 16274857)
Im guessing he had the Wr's ranked as Moore,Pickens, Pierce, in that order and was fine with any of them, if it meant getting a 5th rounder.

Yeah exactly. But we'll never know what order he had them in or if anyone else like Thornton was in the mix.

Moore better be better than Pickens, Pierce and Thornton, or he's going to get the Hardman/Metcalf treatment for his whole career.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-30-2022 09:50 AM

Moore wore 24 in college

Chris Meck 04-30-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16274856)
After looking at some things will you guys correct me if I'm wrong? My thoughts:

I mean pickens was my guy and they rejected him flat out. Same with Nakobe Dean. So I have to think they rejected him so what is it about Skyy Moore that they felt comfortable trading down? Assuming it wasn't for Pierce.

Well I will say personally it's one: he catches EVERYTHING with those huge hands so that's why he was a cornerback and they were like okay you need to switch positions with those hands. two: he gets open constantly and Mahomes will find him better than his shitty QB did. three: he doesn't need to be a deep threat, he needs to be our terry mclaurin. Make catches, move the chains

With skyy moore he hasn't been a receiver very long. Like Hill when he came out. Maybe they see upside as he's real young and inexperienced and still gets open all the time which is my #1 thing with receivers who play with Mahomes.

Saw this negative review and scoffed:

Western Michigan QB and offensive line facing Aidan Hutchinson and Ojabo and you blame it on the wide receiver not producing enough lmao

No, I think you're pretty correct, judging but what I'm looking at.

Moore's quickness is elite.

DRM08 04-30-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16273759)
This seems like a not so subtle reference to what the Chiefs were lacking at WR last year…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I asked assistant GM Mike Borgonzi what Skyy Moore brings to Chiefs that they might have lacked at WR: &quot;He&#39;s dependable. He&#39;s going to run the right route and he&#39;s going to catch the ball.&#39;&#39;</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1520216653258272768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great hands mixed with great route running? Sounds like a good addition to the team.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-30-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16274815)
I was gonna stop with just saying this is bullshit, but I can't.

There's literally not a single true thing in this statement.

Hill in 2021: 11.2 yards per catch. The vertical game essentially gone. He'd basically been reduced to a gadget player by defensive philosophy. a TON of manufactured touches. Very little vertical success. Did you even watch this past season?!

So all vertical threats, like Pringle and Robinson? What bullshit is this? You had ONE vertical threat that is no longer here, and that's Hill, and defenses had basically decided they would let us do ANYHTING but get the ball to Hill vertically.

And so what do we have now?
MVS, who is basically a vertical ONLY player.
Juju, who's a lot more than a horizontal guy, look at how many 40 yard TD's the guy has.
Hardman, who was here all along.

Moore, who's an extremely polished route runner.

but yeah, we've totally got a room full of gadgets guys.

Your whole post is ridiculous.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were on your period.

Kiimo 04-30-2022 09:56 AM

Kingdom we are staring at an A+ draft so far why take the position of being negative?

If you feel a guy isn't as good as everyone else, just adopt the "wait and see" stance.

It produces a lot less freezing cold takes in a couple years if the guy is awesome. I learned my lesson with Nick Bolton on that one.

Chris Meck 04-30-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16274869)
Your response is ridiculous. Trash.

Maybe you should just pray for Hill to come back.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-30-2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16274875)
Maybe you should just pray for Hill to come back.

Nah, I like what Veach is doing a lot. Alex Smith said we we're not going to be the same explosive team, you can't replace Tyreek. He then suggested we should just build the defense up.

Simply put, I didn't believe him at the time. Man, he was right. We're going to run the ball, run slants, Mecole will still get his gadget chunks, and play defense. Teams will still keep their safeties back with Mahomes at the helm.

It's wild to see how we're adapting to the thorn in our side that is that TB shell defense. We're not backing down, we're just finding another way to win. I actually really like it but I'll miss the 2018 version of the Mahomes era from an offensive standpoint. It's gone.

DRM08 04-30-2022 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16274902)
Nah, I like what Veach is doing a lot. Alex Smith said we we're not going to be the same explosive team, you can't replace Tyreek. He then suggested we should just build the defense up.

Simply put, I didn't believe him at the time. Man, he was right. We're going to run the ball, run slants, Mecole will still get his gadget chunks, and play defense. Teams will still keep their safeties back with Mahomes at the helm.

It's wild to see how we're adapting to the thorn in our side that is that TB shell defense. We're not backing down, we're just finding another way to win. I actually really like it but I'll miss the 2018 version of the Mahomes era from an offensive standpoint. It's gone.

Even with Tyreek, the defenses were pretty obsessed with forcing KC offense to play small ball with long drives and almost zero quick strike TD’s.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-30-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 16274927)
Even with Tyreek, the defenses were pretty obsessed with forcing KC offense to play small ball with long drives and almost zero quick strike TD’s.

Exactly, so we have a bunch of guys that excel in small ball. I'm not dissing it I'm just wondering if it's going to work. I think it will but it's going to take a minute to figure it out. Long drives, great defense, top notch ST's. This is complimentary football that may result in multiple Lombardis instead of one. I'm good with it.

kccrow 04-30-2022 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16274874)
Kingdom we are staring at an A+ draft so far why take the position of being negative?

If you feel a guy isn't as good as everyone else, just adopt the "wait and see" stance.

It produces a lot less freezing cold takes in a couple years if the guy is awesome. I learned my lesson with Nick Bolton on that one.

I don't even know if that really matters. See me with Willie Gay lol. Just back up your stance with something.

I also thought both Pickens and Pierce were the higher upside guys. That doesn't mean at the same time that I think Moore is garbage or will suck. Moore is definitely the much safer pick and I think he's going to be quite good. There's not alot with Moore to apply the "will suck" label to. Meanwhile, I could very much outline a laundry list of negatives about Pickens.

Fish 04-30-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 16274807)

He used to play CB. Probably just kept the same number through his career.

Iconic 04-30-2022 01:55 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs assistant GM Mike Borgonzi says the team &quot;liked all those guys&quot; in the run of WRs, noted that they brought Pickens in during pre-draft, but &quot;we wanted Skyy.&quot;</p>&mdash; Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) <a href="https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/1520215059074633728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also in the conference the night before Veach pretty much gave it away that if they didn't trade down they were still going Skyy with the pick. They definitely had no desire to get Pickens or any other WR with the pick. We got our guy.

Kiimo 04-30-2022 01:58 PM

I mean I can see wanting Pickens because he's got some dog in him if the interview goes well.

I can also see them thinking um do we really need this added headache for nothing Skyy couldn't give us

Dante84 04-30-2022 05:27 PM

James Jones just said Skyy to the Chiefs is the #1 WR to Team fit from this weekend, over all others.

ChiefBlueCFC 04-30-2022 05:28 PM

James jones just said on nfl network that Skyy Moore is the no 1 receiver in kc right now, not JuJu or MVS or Hardman…

Just thought it was interesting; can’t wait for football season!!

FloridaMan88 04-30-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 16275660)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs assistant GM Mike Borgonzi says the team &quot;liked all those guys&quot; in the run of WRs, noted that they brought Pickens in during pre-draft, but &quot;we wanted Skyy.&quot;</p>&mdash; Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) <a href="https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/1520215059074633728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also in the conference the night before Veach pretty much gave it away that if they didn't trade down they were still going Skyy with the pick. They definitely had no desire to get Pickens or any other WR with the pick. We got our guy.

Also if Pickens and Skyy were graded similar… take the guy without the character red flags.

suzzer99 04-30-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 16275660)

I'm not buying it. How could they have known no one else was going to pick Skyy? 3 of the 4 teams picked WR. They had to be ok with any of those WRs.

The Franchise 04-30-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 16276197)
James Jones just said Skyy to the Chiefs is the #1 WR to Team fit from this weekend, over all others.

He also said that he’s better than Juju and MVS.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-30-2022 06:58 PM

If he can get open as fast as Julian Edleman use to then I'm happy. Nobody could hang with that guy one on one. Same with Antonio Brown, perhaps Skyy's best comparison.

xztop123 04-30-2022 07:13 PM

Might seee him pass the ball. Was an elite high school qb

BossChief 04-30-2022 07:14 PM

Skyy Moore only had 5 dropped passes in 3 years.

Sick

This kid has the makings of a wideout that has over 100 catches in as soon as his second year. Mahomes is going to go to him constantly because he’s going to trust him.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-30-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 16274858)
Yeah exactly. But we'll never know what order he had them in or if anyone else like Thornton was in the mix.

Moore better be better than Pickens, Pierce and Thornton, or he's going to get the Hardman/Metcalf treatment for his whole career.

Well, unless Darrian Kinnard kills it...We don't get him without the trade.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-30-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16276374)
If he can get open as fast as Julian Edleman use to then I'm happy. Nobody could hang with that guy one on one. Same with Antonio Brown, perhaps Skyy's best comparison.

Yes, we need that pesky chainmover that constantly gets open for 6 yard when you needed 5...

trndobrd 04-30-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16276446)
Yes, we need that pesky chainmover that constantly gets open for 6 yard when you needed 5...

....and doesn't run back 2 yards.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-30-2022 09:36 PM

Didn't realize this before but Skyy may be the freakiest WR in this draft. He's 5'10" with 10.25" hands. For reference, they said Teylon Burks, who stands at 6'2", hands were so big that they had to custom order his gloves. Treylon Burks hands are 9 7/8".

Straight. Up. Freaky.

ChiefsFanatic 04-30-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 16276396)
Skyy Moore only had 5 dropped passes in 3 years.

Sick

This kid has the makings of a wideout that has over 100 catches in as soon as his second year. Mahomes is going to go to him constantly because he’s going to trust him.

To be fair, he probably had quite a few more drops over those 3 years, but the ball just got stuck in those huge hands covered with sticky gloves [emoji6]

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

suzzer99 04-30-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16276443)
Well, unless Darrian Kinnard kills it...We don't get him without the trade.

Oh yeah - it worked out great. I just don't buy they knew Skyy would still be there at 54, which means they had a few acceptable WRs at the same level - maybe Pickens, Skyy and Pierce.

If Skyy is your only guy you have to take him there.

I also wonder if that's why his family was freaking out so much. They knew the Chiefs were a potential landing spot. So they might have been hoping he'd go and 50, and then crushed when we traded back, and then resurrected when we finally picked him at 54.

They knew the call meant he was being drafted. But they didn't go nuts until they heard him say Chiefs. That was awesome.

suzzer99 04-30-2022 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16276605)
Didn't realize this before but Skyy may be the freakiest WR in this draft. He's 5'10" with 10.25" hands. For reference, they said Teylon Burks, who stands at 6'2", hands were so big that they had to custom order his gloves. Treylon Burks hands are 9 7/8".

Straight. Up. Freaky.

That makes me so happy. Tyreek was so good at catching with his body for so long. But he seemed to slip last year, especially at catching the ball in traffic, and not do so well when he did try to catch it with his hands. Hand catchers seem to stay consistent for a lot longer.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-30-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 16276695)
That makes me so happy. Tyreek was so good at catching with his body for so long. But he seemed to slip last year, especially at catching the ball in traffic, and not do so well when he did try to catch it with his hands. Hand catchers seem to stay consistent for a lot longer.

Yes. Between our last Super Bowl appearance and last season, you could make a nasty little highlight film of how some of Tyeek's drops turned into disaster.

In the Super Bowl one bounced off his face. Two pick sixes went right off his hands. Then there was one where we were inside the ten and it went right off Tyreek's hands and into the awaiting arms of Kendall Fuller. Even in the Playoffs in OT Tyreek let that ball get into his face allowing the defender to get a hand in there. If he high points that ball, like he's suppose to, the defender does not have a chance. In the Super Bowl we thr WASP play happened because Tyreek trapped a ball on 2nd and 15 that got into his body.

So yes, I know exactly what you're saying and agree. Tyreek straight up got lazy in his technique and at times we paid for it dearly. That won't happen with Skyy but neither will all the crazy open field stuff we say Tyreek do. In all, I think we're coming out good here.

BlackOp 04-30-2022 11:29 PM

His family/friends went apeshit...like they just won the lottery. Being a WR...and getting drafted to play with Mahomes will make you a lot of money.

Every WR in this draft secretly wanted to be drafted by KC....

FloridaMan88 04-30-2022 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 16274805)

Melvin Ingram will need a new jersey # if he returns to the Chiefs.

KCrockaholic 04-30-2022 11:56 PM

We ain't worried about Melvin lol. If Melvin wants to come back cool, but he doesn't deserve 24. That should go to a guy who is gonna play here 4 years minimum.

ChiefsFanatic 05-01-2022 12:36 AM

I propose that from here on out, we refer to Skyy Moore as simply 2Y

Based on how Tony G announced his pick.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

emaw1979 05-01-2022 12:44 AM

WR's I had ranked higher and wanted more than Skyy Moore going into the draft:

Jameson Williams
Drake Londan
Garrett Wilson
Christian Watson
George Pickens
Chris Olave
Jahan Dotson
Treylong Burks
John Metchie
Alec Pierce

WR's the Chiefs had a chance at drafting at 30 (if they drafted Jermaine Johnson at 21 they could have and should have gone WR at 30)

Watson
Robinson (over-drafted IMO)
Metchie
Thorton (over-drafted IMO)

If they went WR at 50 they could have had
Pickens
Pierce

Yes, the Chiefs chose Moore over Pickens so we will see. That being said, I trust Pittsburgh's draft and development of the WR position over the Chiefs. They seem to always find studs. The Chiefs lucked into Hill and haven't drafted well at all at the position otherwise.

Moore seems to be a slot WR that can play outside if needed and I have big-time reservations about the level of competition he played. Because of this and the lack of receivers on the roster next year, WR #1 and maybe #2 will be priority #1 next off-season.

JPH83 05-01-2022 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaw1979 (Post 16276790)

Jameson Williams
Drake Londan
Garrett Wilson
Christian Watson
George Pickens
Chris Olave
Jahan Dotson
Treylong Burks
John Metchie
Alec Pierce

WR's the Chiefs had a chance at drafting at 30 (if they drafted Jermaine Johnson at 21 they could have and should have gone WR at 30)

Watson
Metchie

Pickens
Pierce

Yes, the Chiefs chose Moore over Pickens so we will see. That being said, I trust Pittsburgh's draft and development of the WR position over the Chiefs. They seem to always find studs. The Chiefs lucked into Hill and haven't drafted well at all at the position otherwise.

Moore seems to be a slot WR that can play outside if needed and I have big-time reservations about the level of competition he played. Because of this and the lack of receivers on the roster next year, WR #1 and maybe #2 will be priority #1 next off-season.

I'm very confident Moore ends up a better player than Pierce. I agree we'll need further investment in the position though. The group has decent depth but is imo in dire need of a top WR.

tk13 05-01-2022 01:45 AM

Quote:

Pittsburgh themselves have probably had the most success with MAC receivers. Antonio Brown and now Diontae Johnson. Corey Davis is out there, Kenny Golladay. We'll see if Moore can add his name to that list.

Toughest thing about this year is Reid's offense is usually not easy to learn. I wouldn't expect the guy to come in and light it up right away.

ThyKingdomCome15 05-01-2022 02:21 AM

Quote:

Jameson Williams
Drake Londan
Garrett Wilson
Christian Watson
George Pickens
Chris Olave
Jahan Dotson
Treylong Burks
John Metchie
Alec Pierce

Watson
Metchie

Pickens
Pierce

Well, the guys that went before pick 20 were never on the board when KC selected. So that makes that part easy. Without trading up in the second several of those were already gone as well.

For me it was George Pickens, that was my guy. With that said we already have MVS and we know how defenses like to play us. A notable knock on Pickens is he doesn't create the separation you'd like to see on many of his routes. He doesn't break many tackles either. However, he has great hands and is a contested catch machine. Fine player, I really liked him.

Different story with Moore. Under sized but his hands are massive, an absurd 10.25". He's a polished route runner and runs a full route tree. On top of that he broke a ton of tackles last year with 26. He beats press man with ease with his shiftiness and acceleration. He's also faster than Pickens by quite a bit, 4.41 vs 4.47. Factor in durability concerns with Pickens vs a clean bill of health with Moore and I don't think it's all that close.

I kinda wrote off Skyy early as a slot receiver vs some of the long stallions in this class like Pickens, Williams, and Watson. But the hype on Skyy is real. Pair him up with Andy and Patrick then watch him be the best WR in this class. It's all ahead of us.

Tyreek will be jelly.

emaw1979 05-01-2022 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16276815)
Well, the guys that went before pick 20 were never on the board when KC selected. So that makes that part easy. Without trading up in the second several of those were already gone as well.

For me it was George Pickens, that was my guy. With that said we already have MVS and we know how defenses like to play us. A notable knock on Pickens is he doesn't create the separation you'd like to see on many of his routes. He doesn't break many tackles either. However, he has great hands and is a contested catch machine. Fine player, I really liked him.

Different story with Moore. Under sized but his hands are massive, an absurd 10.25". He's a polished route runner and runs a full route tree. On top of that he broke a ton of tackles last year with 26. He beats press man with ease with his shiftiness and acceleration. He's also faster than Pickens by quite a bit, 4.41 vs 4.47. Factor in durability concerns with Pickens vs a clean bill of health with Moore and I don't think it's all that close.

I kinda wrote off Skyy early as a slot receiver vs some of the long stallions in this class like Pickens, Williams, and Watson. But the hype on Skyy is real. Pair him up with Andy and Patrick then watch him be the best WR in this class. It's all ahead of us.

Tyreek will be jelly.

I only pointed the list out to show how many WR's I wanted above before Moore. I was shocked Olave, Dotson, Burks went as high as they did. I also didn't think London AND Wilson would go top 10.

I figured Watson would go late 1st/early 2nd but didn't think Robinson/Mechie/Thorton would go before Pickens and Pierce. I did think Moore would be a middle to late 2nd rounder though and a better fit on a team with strong outside WRs.

One of the reasons I hated the McDuffie pick over Jermaine Johnson at 21 was that it forced the Chiefs to go DE at 30. This closed doors to pick a WR at 30, which would have probably been Watson. Then again, they may have picked Moore anyway and I'd be more pissed.

Maybe I'm still betrayed by the hype of Hardman and CEH being paired with Reid and Mahomes. I'm not sure how his physical attributes by beating press and breaking tackles translates from the MAC to the NFL. I hope that's the case. Hell, maybe he could surprise and be a decent Z receiver instead of just a slot.

https://i.imgur.com/kJUr9jl.png

If I'm the Chiefs I call OBJ and work out a deal. He won't be ready until November (?) but they don't have an X WR on the roster. JuJu Smith Schuster is a Slot or Z receiver, MVS is a Z receiver, Hardman is a Z type WR and Moore is a slot WR.

BryanBusby 05-01-2022 03:59 AM

Hear me out here. Maybe, just maybe, they didn't want another ****ing receiver with baggage.

The last receiver that had baggage is sort of how they ended up with Hardman to begin with.

Tomlin simply doesn't give a **** if his team lacks character.

Chris Meck 05-01-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaw1979 (Post 16276821)
I only pointed the list out to show how many WR's I wanted above before Moore. I was shocked Olave, Dotson, Burks went as high as they did. I also didn't think London AND Wilson would go top 10.

I figured Watson would go late 1st/early 2nd but didn't think Robinson/Mechie/Thorton would go before Pickens and Pierce. I did think Moore would be a middle to late 2nd rounder though and a better fit on a team with strong outside WRs.

One of the reasons I hated the McDuffie pick over Jermaine Johnson at 21 was that it forced the Chiefs to go DE at 30. This closed doors to pick a WR at 30, which would have probably been Watson. Then again, they may have picked Moore anyway and I'd be more pissed.

Maybe I'm still betrayed by the hype of Hardman and CEH being paired with Reid and Mahomes. I'm not sure how his physical attributes by beating press and breaking tackles translates from the MAC to the NFL. I hope that's the case. Hell, maybe he could surprise and be a decent Z receiver instead of just a slot.

https://i.imgur.com/kJUr9jl.png

If I'm the Chiefs I call OBJ and work out a deal. He won't be ready until November (?) but they don't have an X WR on the roster. JuJu Smith Schuster is a Slot or Z receiver, MVS is a Z receiver, Hardman is a Z type WR and Moore is a slot WR.

First of all-just stop with the OBJ stuff. We already have a mercenary rental WR here for 2022. We also aren't going to pay a premium, which OBJ would want. ALSO, dude is hurt...like...AGAIN. If you've been paying attention,, this is his story for like the last several years. Pass. No way.

Second-how does Moore translate from a MAC school? Look at the 10 yard split. It's ELITE. He goes from standing still to flying in a hurry. Don't look at the 40 time (which is still fast, just not Tyreek fast) look at the splits. It's his acceleration.

Now, go look at some video on the kid. Watch his routes. Look how he sinks his hips, look how smoothly he cuts, changes direction, and then accelerates. Watch him sell one route and then break the other way. Nice. And then watch how he catches every****ingthing. Also nice.

And finally, look what he does with the ball in his hands. He's so quick, he's hard for the defenders to get their mitts on him. Look at those broken tackles!

This kid isn't just a slot receiver.

I too didn't get the Skyy Moore hype until I watched him. The obvious measurables in size and 40 time didn't wow. But look at the splits and a different pictures emerges of the athlete. And then you can see that the video will absolutely translate.

O.city 05-01-2022 08:18 AM

Seems like a really good player. Maybe not your “top 3 in the league” physical measurements but whatever. Get open and catch the ball.

ThyKingdomCome15 05-01-2022 08:45 AM

I think Skyy can play X reciever, but not full time. He ran a stop and go on a guy one game from the X and had about two or three steps on the guy after he did it. I don't think there is a spot he can't play. Simply put, his game may best suited on the inside. Though he played a ton on the outside in college. When he's in space you're in trouble.

The only thing about his game I had a problem with is his top gear isn't next level. He is fast but he doesn't just pull away from guys. But if he was faster he had went off the board before pick 20 like several others did.

RunKC 05-01-2022 08:50 AM

Was begging for a pure route runner for 2 years. Like a Cooper Cupp or Hunter Renfrow

So glad we got that dude. He’s gonna help us so much against cover 2

Hammock Parties 05-01-2022 08:54 AM

holy shit deion branch was quick

RunKC 05-01-2022 09:00 AM

Look at all of the WR’s drafted. Most of them went to teams with shit QB’s.

Could totally see Watson or Moore as the best producing rookies

smithandrew051 05-01-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16276975)
Look at all of the WR’s drafted. Most of them went to teams with shit QB’s.

Could totally see Watson or Moore as the best producing rookies

Did I read that Watson had major issues with drops? Or am I imagining that?

Chris Meck 05-01-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16276955)
I think Skyy can play X reciever, but not full time. He ran a stop and go on a guy one game from the X and had about two or three steps on the guy after he did it. I don't think there is a spot he can't play. Simply put, his game may best suited on the inside. Though he played a ton on the outside in college. When he's in space you're in trouble.

The only thing about his game I had a problem with is his top gear isn't next level. He is fast but he doesn't just pull away from guys. But if he was faster he had went off the board before pick 20 like several others did.

I doubt he'd do his best work in the 'X' spot, which, as you know, is the LOS spot. At his size, slot or 'Z' would make more sense.

He is very strong for his size, so the possibility that he could fight through tight press man coverage is there, I'd still probably prefer he got the free release.

Warrick 05-01-2022 09:36 AM

What's with all these 4.41 40 times... I seen him run a 4.39! Probably will be even faster after camp :).

https://www.giants.com/video/western...ine-highlights

chiefzilla1501 05-01-2022 09:55 AM

The more I read on Pickens the more I think he'll end up like the rest of Tomlin's trash characters. Dude is immature as hell and hot headed. I don't buy the bullshit that he's matured. Some of his antics are too childish to make the excuse he was too young to know better. Was apparently a lousy interview which doesn't surprise me for a second. I'd bet he had a chance to walk back his behaviors and flat out didn't.

MahomesMagic 05-01-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16277047)
The more I read on Pickens the more I think he'll end up like the rest of Tomlin's trash characters. Dude is immature as hell and hot headed. I don't buy the bullshit that he's matured. Some of his antics are too childish to make the excuse he was too young to know better. Was apparently a lousy interview which doesn't surprise me for a second. I'd bet he had a chance to walk back his behaviors and flat out didn't.

I'm more worried about injuries with Pickens. I think that's why he fell into the 2nd.