ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

blaise 08-01-2011 02:40 PM

I fast forwarded through some of the scenes with Hank's wife at the houses.

notorious 08-01-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7793108)
Then you never liked the show for the right reasons in the first place.

LOL There are "Right Reasons" to like a show?

BB is amazing, but I am calling this last episode for what it is: Mediocre in relation to the rest of the series.

Zebedee DuBois 08-01-2011 04:12 PM

'right reasons' Condescend much? (enough of that - on to the larger discussion)

These eps may be slower compared to the last two eps of Season 3, but you can't be killing someone every episode (well maybe in "The Wire" you could). Initially, I looked at 'The Fly' episode from last year as a yawn, but after rewatching the season I notice how much valuable exposition took place in that episode, which was essential to the block buster "Half Measures" and "Full Measures" episodes.
These episodes are the simmer before the froth. Can't have one without the other. (well I suppose you can - but then this wouldn't be the well written rich fully layered story that we all enjoy)

notorious 08-01-2011 04:16 PM

I think that the writers are distracting us from something big, like Jr. getting hooked on Blue Sky.

They keep the baby scenes to a minimum, but place them very well. That baby is going to be a big part of the story, and not in a good way.

Reaper16 08-01-2011 04:16 PM

Yes, there are right reasons and yes, I am being condescending. Because I am better than you.

Zebedee DuBois 08-01-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7793767)
Yes, there are right reasons and yes, I am being condescending. Because I am better than you.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. :p

Thig Lyfe 08-01-2011 06:18 PM

The baby is going to kill Walt and take his place at the throne!!!!

Demonpenz 08-01-2011 06:55 PM

Walt gets tired of making meth then starts making a super drug called NUKE that spreads like crazy in Detriot. Luckily Detriot has Robocop.

cdirty 08-02-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7793766)
I think that the writers are distracting us from something big, like Jr. getting hooked on Blue Sky.

They keep the baby scenes to a minimum, but place them very well. That baby is going to be a big part of the story, and not in a good way.

Ive always thought how weird it has been that the baby has been such a non-character throughout the last 2 seasons. With random appearances scattered throughout. One has to think that they are not just leaving baby out on purpose.

Buck 08-02-2011 03:43 AM

I thought the episode was ****ing awesome. Loved the dialogue between Walt/Skylar and Hank/Marie + the other agent dude. Jesse was in his own little world. Not the most action, but still a great episode.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 08-02-2011 05:07 PM

Jesus Christ.
Quote:

Tense talks between AMC and Sony over 'Breaking Bad'

August 1, 2011 | 5:04 pm

Tense negotiations are underway between the cable network AMC and Sony Television, producer of "Breaking Bad," over a deal for a fifth and probably final season of the critically acclaimed drama.

Talks seemed to reach an impasse last week when Sony sent feelers to at least three other cable networks about taking "Breaking Bad" should an agreement with AMC fall through, said two people with knowledge of the matter who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the talks.

To be sure, negotiations between networks and producers are often contentious. As shows age, they become more expensive as actors' and producers' paychecks get bigger with success. Both sides have in dictated that they hope to reach a pact that will keep "Breaking Bad" on AMC.

Discussions grew heated when AMC tried to convince the makers of of the show that its fifth season run only six to eight episodes instead of the typical 13. That was rejected by the creative forces behind the show, which led them to approach other outlets.

"Breaking Bad" is not the only show AMC is looking to trim costs on. "The Walking Dead," which became a big hit for the network, is having its per-episode budget cut by about $250,000. Last week the show's executive producer Frank Darabont left, and there is speculation that the budget cuts were the reason. People close to AMC deny that was the case.

AMC's push to lower costs on "Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead" comes as the price of its signature hit "Mad Men" is expected to go up: "Mad Men" creator Matt Weiner landed a lucrative new deal to stay with the program for at least two new seasons.

In the unlikely event that "Breaking Bad" does move to another channel, the producers would probably have to agree to make additional seasons. It would be highly unusual for a network to commit to just one season of a show it acquires from another network.

AMC is a unit of AMC Networks, which went public earlier this summer.

Reaper16 08-02-2011 05:42 PM

This show really needs to end after 5 seasons. No part of me wants a 6th season.

Brock 08-02-2011 06:08 PM

AMC needs to get their heads out of their asses. If it weren't for this show and a couple of others, I'd never watch their network.

Backwards Masking 08-02-2011 06:12 PM

Hey AMC : This is your Super Star Quarterback. Don't be fucking Idiots and ruin the Best Thing you have going for you.

Demonpenz 08-02-2011 06:21 PM

breaking bad Mad men and sports.