ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Pablo 12-25-2010 08:24 AM

Kick-Ass is a thoroughly entertaining movie. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

Fire Me Boy! 12-25-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 7287001)
Kick-Ass is a thoroughly entertaining movie. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

QFT

irishjayhawk 12-25-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7286970)
I thoroughly enjoyed True Grit. Mrs. FMB! and I will be going to Black Swan either this afternoon or tomorrow.

My only complaint about True Grit:

Spoiler!

How did I fail to mention that?

My gut reaction was the Coen Bros actually stuck with those awful shots?

SAUTO 12-25-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7287011)
QFT

Yep
Posted via Mobile Device

Fire Me Boy! 12-25-2010 02:51 PM

****in-A!!! Plain Clothes is on Netflix Instant Queue!!!

WOOO!!!!

I agree with this review 100%, and I've been wanting to see this again since the mid-90s.

http://www.mutantreviewers.com/rplainclothes.html

Miles 12-25-2010 07:21 PM

The Town was pretty damn good and a hell of a blu ray.

KCUnited 12-26-2010 08:28 AM

Splice.

My holy trinity for mutant movies is killing, surgery, and tits. Splice had ample opportunities to deliver in all three and failed.

Spoiler!

Red Brooklyn 12-26-2010 09:30 AM

True Grit was fantastic.

Aries Walker 12-26-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 7288414)
Splice.

My holy trinity for mutant movies is killing, surgery, and tits. Splice had ample opportunities to deliver in all three and failed.

Consider Pirahna 3-D. The only one it lacks is surgery, because of the implication that any kind of finesse or technique is applied to its flying chunks of gore.

The other two criteria, however, are A-Plus.

ragedogg69 12-26-2010 05:56 PM

Just watched a couple movies to compliment the chiefs victory today. :)
The Last Exorcism- Not as bad as everyone said it would be. Still, not a good movie. A solid "meh." I also love that they completely abandoned the documentary look for the final act of the movie. SO much potential.

Buried- Great movie. 100% takes place inside the coffin. A great way to spend 95 minutes.

Fire Me Boy! 12-26-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 7292013)
Just watched a couple movies to compliment the chiefs victory today. :)
The Last Exorcism- Not as bad as everyone said it would be. Still, not a good movie. A solid "meh." I also love that they completely abandoned the documentary look for the final act of the movie. SO much potential.

Buried- Great movie. 100% takes place inside the coffin. A great way to spend 95 minutes.

Disagree. That movie was gawd-****ing-awful.

ragedogg69 12-26-2010 09:53 PM

buried or exorcism? Exorcism, I would agree. Not a good movie, but did not have me pissed off during it like Quarantine did. It wasnt that bad.

Fire Me Boy! 12-27-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 7293362)
buried or exorcism? Exorcism, I would agree. Not a good movie, but did not have me pissed off during it like Quarantine did. It wasnt that bad.

Exorcism. Sorry, I thought I bolded that part.

RealSNR 12-27-2010 12:27 PM

I know this has been reposted a bunch of times, but whatever.

Black Swan is the best movie of the year. Holy shit. It did everything. ****ed with my mind, gave me a nice lesbian scene, presented some fine acting, a solid script (predictable since it mirrors the ballet Swan Lake almost perfectly but eh...) and it was ****ing beautiful.

I saw it last night and I'm still thinking about it. I need to see it again before it leaves theaters, definitely.

Fire Me Boy! 12-27-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7294971)
I know this has been reposted a bunch of times, but whatever.

Black Swan is the best movie of the year. Holy shit. It did everything. ****ed with my mind, gave me a nice lesbian scene, presented some fine acting, a solid script (predictable since it mirrors the ballet Swan Lake almost perfectly but eh...) and it was ****ing beautiful.

I saw it last night and I'm still thinking about it. I need to see it again before it leaves theaters, definitely.

Mrs. FMB! and I went and saw it yesterday. Outstanding indeed.