ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

beach tribe 01-12-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 6437619)
Improvement in an NFL team ... lasting improvement, that is ... not improvement dictated by fluke plays or easy schedules ... but real, systemic, enduring improvement doesn't happen overnight, Mr. OnTheWarpath58.

Other than their extraordinary rudeness to other posters, I think this is the main issue I have with the Haters. They seem to believe that it is possible to turn a franchise that is this freaking bad around in a short time ... it isn't possible.

FAX

Correct Fax, but they will point to a team with completely different players, and say "why didn't we do that?" "because they are ****in morons that's why"

Mr_Tomahawk 01-12-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 6437619)
Improvement in an NFL team ... lasting improvement, that is ... not improvement dictated by fluke plays or easy schedules ... but real, systemic, enduring improvement doesn't happen overnight, Mr. OnTheWarpath58.

Other than their extraordinary rudeness to other posters, I think this is the main issue I have with the Haters. They seem to believe that it is possible to turn a franchise that is this freaking bad around in a short time ... it isn't possible.

FAX

^Winner^

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6437634)
That's bullshit, and you know it.

No one here was expecting this team to go 10-6. What would have been nice are some flashes and the building of a foundation.

Aside from Charles, Dorsey, Flower, and DJ (all leftovers, FWIW) who flashed this year?

What makes people believe, aside from hope, that our 60 million dollar QB and our 60 million dollar DE are foundational players?

^Loser^

OnTheWarpath15 01-12-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 6437632)
Just reminding you. Because you, along with the rest of the board will spend 10 seconds talking about the negatives, and the other 23 hrs, 59min, and 50 seconds of the day making excuses and defending what you believe are the positives, and everyone else is sick of reading the unicorn and rainbows blind faith bullshit.

See how that works?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-12-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6437638)
You're absolutely right.

I hardly ever offer my own opinions. Long history of this on this site.

It's the same tautological argument ad nauseum.

You do "X" because that's what I want to be true, therefore it is so.

The Chiefs are on the right track because I want it to be true, therefore it is so.

Deez is a clinger (all-time dumbass statement, BTW) because I want it to be true, therefore it is.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-12-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 6437641)
^Winner^

^Loser^

Why?

RedThat 01-12-2010 12:44 PM

Bitching is just a part of some people's nature. Accept their nature people, thats all you can do. Bitching about it doesn't make things better? It only fuels their fire even more. No matter what happens, or what moves are made the 4 horsemen would bitch....lol it's downright hilarious...Better to laugh about it than be angry about it.

beach tribe 01-12-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6437636)
No, it wouldn't.

As people who have met me can attest, I'm not a fan of stupidity from behind a keyboard, or in person.

For the most part, the people who get "insulted" have brought it on themselves by saying something epically stupid, or are using hope and faith as the foundation of their argument.

Example: I disagree with Deez and Pestilence on occasion, but we respect each other's opinions because we're all using facts, stats and evidence to support our case.

If you want to blame me for anything, blame me for being intolerable of people that can't construct a valid, thoughtful argument backed by evidence other than excuses or blind faith.

In that case, guilty as charged.

Bull shit.

Dane completely pissed all over that new dude TigerPig earlier for saying something completely reasonable, and if he were to act an ass like that to me or anyone else in person, he'd probably get to stare at his ass after getting his face slapped towards the south.

Honestly, I don't recall you ever taking it to the level that Dane does, but I do bartend in a sportsbar, on Sundays, and know that people don't "discuss" football the way some around here do.

Micjones 01-12-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6437601)
Shocking, considering the way the majority around here speaks, you'd think we had gone 10-6 the past 3 seasons, instead of winning 10 out of 48 games.

Sorry, but that's a strawman argument.
That doesn't at all mean there have not been good decisions made or improvement.

Quote:

Move the goalposts much?

You know damn well what I meant by that. We brought in 45+ new players and not one of them could be considered a playmaker, or core player. Though someone will surely try to argue that Chambers is a playmaker.
How's that moving the goalposts?
God knows what you mean. I know what you type.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-12-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 6437651)
Bitching is just a part of some people's nature. Accept their nature people, thats all you can do. Bitching about it doesn't make things better? It only fuels their fire even more. No matter what happens, or what moves are made the 4 horsemen would bitch....lol it's downright hilarious...Better to laugh about it than be angry about it.

Dorsey sucks
<hr style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Plain and simple.

Another bust of a DT:cuss:

JWhit is right about everything he said about Dorsey. I thought he was supposed to be the centerpiece around the DLine? "Supposively" supposed to be that difference maker?

Yeah:rolleyes:

Not even close.

Who said that?

Micjones 01-12-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6437602)
LMAO.

It's cool. Don't be upset at others for noting the hypocrisy.

Yeah. That one-time assumption qualifies me as a hypocrite.
:rolleyes:

We'll forget the fact that I said I was wrong.

AND that later a poster reinforces the idea that you're a 4H poser running behind them.

FAX 01-12-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6437634)
That's bullshit, and you know it.

No one here was expecting this team to go 10-6. What would have been nice are some flashes and the building of a foundation.

Aside from Charles, Dorsey, Flower, and DJ (all leftovers, FWIW) who flashed this year?

What makes people believe, aside from hope, that our 60 million dollar QB and our 60 million dollar DE are foundational players?

Simmah.

I've expressed concern about Cassel. I'm unconvinced that he has what it's going to take, so don't bother arguing with me about that. As for the DE you mention, I have taken no stand on him whatsoever since you can't judge a DE in his first year ... not if you have the brains of a gnat, anyhow.

Now ... where were we? Ah, yes ... what have they done? Not much that the casual fan would notice. Haley promotes some improvement in core stats which is typical of a head coach trying to keep his job. But, I think the main thing they've done is establish a very disciplined approach to the franchise in general that will serve them well going forward.

Again, you appear to think that there should have been greater strides made. Why else would you complain? But honestly, this is unreasonable and seems to reflect an unrealistic view of the team. We were and are horrible. We had and have very little talent. There was a very serious leadership void. It isn't going to change overnight ... and never was ... that was never a serious goal. To try and convince people that Pioli and Haley have failed in their first year (as rookies in their respective positions) appears, therefore, kind of foolish, unfortunately.

FAX

Micjones 01-12-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6437624)
When going from 2 total wins to 4.... and watching the way they stumbled through those 4 wins...

Yeah, I'd say that qualifies as "jack shit" IMO... especially when the overall improvement of the team, outside of the W-L record, doesn't indicate an upwards trend.

We can agree to disagree.

RedThat 01-12-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6437662)
Dorsey sucks
<hr style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Plain and simple.

Another bust of a DT:cuss:

JWhit is right about everything he said about Dorsey. I thought he was supposed to be the centerpiece around the DLine? "Supposively" supposed to be that difference maker?

Yeah:rolleyes:

Not even close.

Who said that?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

DeezNutz 01-12-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 6437668)
Yeah. That one-time assumption qualifies me as a hypocrite.
:rolleyes:

We'll forget the fact that I said I was wrong.

AND that later a poster reinforces the idea that you're a 4H poser running behind them.

I haven't even read this thread, but let me guess:

The same ol' Pioli ballwashers are in here bitching about the Four Horsemen? Carry on, men. Carry on.

beach tribe 01-12-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6437649)
Deez is a clinger (all-time dumbass statement, BTW) because I want it to be true, therefore it is.

A statement that was only made by you.
I never called him a clinger.
I actually think he has much more to add than the horsemen do, but that doesn't mean he doesn't throw in a "Yeah" on a pretty consistent basis.