ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Mama Hip Rockets 01-26-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 8329211)
False. There are actually several of us misguided souls here. If we were to pool our resources smartly we'd have a solid chance to become an annoyance.

Okay, whatever. Still has no business in a Royals thread.

alnorth 01-26-2012 07:25 PM

I do like reading tidbits of interesting info on other teams, but minor league prospects from a likely 5th-place AL East team is a little below the "no one here cares" line, unless we are trying to dream up a trade with the Royals.

Dragonocho 01-26-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8327572)
I understand that .500 would be tremendous improvement overall. But damn I'm tired of treating the Royals with kid gloves.

Win some ****ing games already. We need to stop looking for more excuses. Oh, they're young! Oh, the Tigers spend money! Oh, the park is big! Oh, we had one less T-shirt Tuesday!

Win. Just ****ing win, douches.

This. since 1985.

SAUTO 01-26-2012 09:22 PM

I wish I could figure out how to put apic from my phone to chiefs planet. I have an awesome miller light bar light that says kc royals 1985 world champions. Still works.

My wife has it on facebook but I aint ****ing posting it from there.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish 01-27-2012 12:56 PM

Tim Brown, Yahoo Sports —

Royals in Haiku:
Prospects are coming
So goes the annual cry
Cry now, so is Prince

RockChalk 01-27-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8329791)
I wish I could figure out how to put apic from my phone to chiefs planet. I have an awesome miller light bar light that says kc royals 1985 world champions. Still works.

My wife has it on facebook but I aint ****ing posting it from there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you selling it?

Or just mentioning that you have an awesome sign?

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-27-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8330997)
Tim Brown, Yahoo Sports —

Royals in Haiku:
Prospects are coming
So goes the annual cry
Cry now, so is Prince

Tim Brown should pay attention, many of the prospects are here.

DJ's left nut 01-27-2012 02:03 PM

So Lidge just signed with the Nationals for $1 million.

That's a flyer contract, and a pretty damn nice one at that. Would you rather have Lidge at $1 million than Broxton at $4 million?

Seems like the Royals jumped the market a little bit.

Bowser 01-27-2012 02:13 PM

These pricks better play 90+ win ball this summer, seeing as how the Chiefs look like they may be headed for a nosedive of an epic magnitude.

ChiTown 01-27-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8327572)
I understand that .500 would be tremendous improvement overall. But damn I'm tired of treating the Royals with kid gloves.

Win some ****ing games already. We need to stop looking for more excuses. Oh, they're young! Oh, the Tigers spend money! Oh, the park is big! Oh, we had one less T-shirt Tuesday!

Win. Just ****ing win, douches.

AMEN!

We have been playoff dry for 26 years and counting. That's ****ing bullshit. Just ****ing win already. Please!

KevB 01-27-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8331198)

That's a flyer contract, and a pretty damn nice one at that. Would you rather have Lidge at $1 million than Broxton at $4 million?

Maybe, but that's the world they live in. Until they start winning games, it will be difficult to draw free agents.

diarrhea fumes 01-27-2012 03:26 PM

From MLB Network's Clubhouse Confidential:

Which reliever allowed the lowest percentage of inherited baserunners to score in 2011? (minimum 30 baserunners)

ANSWER: Greg Holland 6.1%

alnorth 01-27-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8331198)

There's a very large age difference. Lidge should be just about done with baseball, so he's not worth the money Broxton could expect to get.

Its possible that we may have overpaid Broxton a little bit though, but DM prefers to fill needs early, taking the risk that maybe the market was softer than you'd expect than see all the free agents get signed and left with no good option.

BigCatDaddy 01-27-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diarrhea fumes (Post 8331350)
From MLB Network's Clubhouse Confidential:

Which reliever allowed the lowest percentage of inherited baserunners to score in 2011? (minimum 30 baserunners)

ANSWER: Greg Holland 6.1%

He's a nice security blanket to have if Soria doesn't turn back into the old Soria.

SAUTO 01-27-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8331030)
Are you selling it?

Or just mentioning that you have an awesome sign?

Just bragging a little lol
Posted via Mobile Device