ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317770)

htismaqe 10-16-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13823512)
I feel pretty bad about it but most of the anger and disappointment I had for Sutton is now firmly aimed at Berry. He straight up let us down by not even attempting to play.

Yep.

Imon Yourside 10-16-2018 08:30 PM

Did Tardiff look at it? what was his diagnosis?

GloryDayz 10-16-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

I feel pretty bad about it but most of the anger and disappointment I had for Sutton is now firmly aimed at Berry. He straight up let us down by not even attempting to play.

The continued silence is deafening. Each day he doesn't practice, each week he doesn't play, puts us all behind the 8-ball. He's owes us nothing, but the same holds true in reverse.

This is a business for both sides, and the Chiefs need to be in the business of winning and players who play.

TLO 10-16-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Hey now!

He's day to day.

RunKC 10-16-2018 08:41 PM

What sucks is that this team doesn’t have a leader on defense currently. Chris Jones tried to fill that role at halftime but it just isn’t the same.

After the Steelers game, Mahomes commanded everybody’s respect on the entire team, but specifically the offense. Guys like Cam Erving, Anthony Sherman and Demarcus Robinson looked better because of him and they bought in.

Eric Berry was that presence on defense and ever since he got hurt the defense collapsed.

We need this guy back soon. I guarantee guys will start getting motivated by seeing him on the field and feeling his energy.

htismaqe 10-16-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13823557)
What sucks is that this team doesn’t have a leader on defense currently. Chris Jones tried to fill that role at halftime but it just isn’t the same.

After the Steelers game, Mahomes commanded everybody’s respect on the entire team, but specifically the offense. Guys like Cam Erving, Anthony Sherman and Demarcus Robinson looked better because of him and they bought in.

Eric Berry was that presence on defense and ever since he got hurt the defense collapsed.

We need this guy back soon. I guarantee guys will start getting motivated by seeing him on the field and feeling his energy.

I wonder if him standing on the sideline and not wanting to play through pain is having the opposite effect. :hmmm:

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-16-2018 08:44 PM

I'm not going to sit here and cast aspersions on the toughness of a guy that came back from lymphoma.

There also exists a possibility where this deformity is so painful that attempting to play through it would hobble him to the extent that he's even worse than what's on the field.

Sassy Squatch 10-16-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13823562)
I'm not going to sit here and cast aspersions on the toughness of a guy that came back from lymphoma.

There also exists a possibility where this deformity is so painful that attempting to play through it would hobble him to the extent that he's even worse than what's on the field.

Chiefs need to quit lying to the fans and Berry needs to have surgery or retire if the pain is that debilitating.

BWillie 10-16-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13818514)
I certainly don't. I fully expect him to stand on the sidelines all season.

Tonight was the night he really needed to be on the field and he wasn't feeling it.

He should play now until he aggravates it a bit. Then sit out the remaining games of the season until the playoffs. Then come AFC West Championship time, get your ass out there.

TambaBerry 10-16-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

If true he needs to retire, take an injury settlement and let both sides move on. He is collecting a massive paycheck doing nothing for this team.

FloridaMan88 10-16-2018 08:48 PM

I would think that if you have a heel injury to the degree that you can’t even practice for 2+ months, it seems interesting that Berry has no noticeable limp or trouble pacing the sidelines for 3+ hours during these games and/or running out of the tunnel with the team.

RunKC 10-16-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13823560)
I wonder if him standing on the sideline and not wanting to play through pain is having the opposite effect. :hmmm:

The Chiefs don’t need him until the end of the season. I understand the HFA angle, and it is very important, but we just saw Mahomes go into Bill’s house and set it on fire in one half after he had TEN days to prepare.

The Patriots played a game with zero accountable penalties and a shifty half, benefitting from a 15 point lead and they STILL had to win on literally the last play of the game.

The Chiefs can win anywhere with Mahomes and there isn’t a defense that can stop us.

I still believe 100% that if Mahomes doesn’t miss Hunt on the opening drive TD, we win by double digits.

htismaqe 10-16-2018 09:03 PM

He's gonna have to play WELL before the end of the season.

He isn't just gonna show up for the playoffs, rip off his track suit, and be Superman.

htismaqe 10-16-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13823570)
If true he needs to retire, take an injury settlement and let both sides move on. He is collecting a massive paycheck doing nothing for this team.

This.

If he truly can't play through it, then just admit it and move on. I have no problem with him saying he just can't do it. He's a cancer survivor.

But the seeming cat and mouse game that is going on is what is killing us.

htismaqe 10-16-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

If that's the case, just come out and say it. Stop teasing everybody.