ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

notorious 11-26-2012 12:07 PM

I think the nerd doing the research on zombies shit himself up to the middle of his back. LMAO

notorious 11-26-2012 12:08 PM

"Are you saying 10 people cleared out that entire prison?"

The Gov is getting concerned.

KC_Lee 11-26-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9153623)
"Are you saying 10 people cleared out that entire prison?"

The Gov is getting concerned.

They have hinted that Merle is a coward with this. Any takers on whether Merle is iced by his brother?

Bump 11-26-2012 12:29 PM

another great episode. This is one of those few shows I wish would never end.

That scene with Glenn in the chair vs zombie was pretty awesome

Dartgod 11-26-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9153656)
They have hinted that Merle is a coward with this. Any takers on whether Merle is iced by his brother?

I said the same to my wife last night.

I doubt we find out until February though. :cuss:

raybec 4 11-26-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9153728)

Im sure they'll set it up where Daryl has to chose between Rick and Merle

PhillyChiefFan 11-26-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9153669)
another great episode. This is one of those few shows I wish would never end.

That scene with Glenn in the chair vs zombie was pretty awesome

I loved how he headbutted Merle too. He had to have known that he was going to get his ass kicked after that but did it anyways.

PhillyChiefFan 11-26-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 9153800)

Gave me hope last night when Rick said "thanks for what you did when I was getting myself together". Daryl said "it's what we do."

Just hope he remembers that when he has to choose.

frankotank 11-26-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9145233)
everybody knows that, I thought

nope. only "zombie experts". :D

frankotank 11-26-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

I absolutely think he's gonna kill Merle!
I need to go read these damn comics...

Huffmeister 11-26-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9153823)
Gave me hope last night when Rick said "thanks for what you did when I was getting myself together". Daryl said "it's what we do."

Yeah, but I think the writers put that line in there more for Michonne to over hear as a reason to trust the group.

But I do agree that Daryl will be forced to choose between the group and Merle, and I'm convinced he'll choose the group. I just hope the Daryl/Merle confrontation is badass.

frankotank 11-26-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9152765)
Why didn't they kill the zombie when they got out of the car? If they had to escape quickly that one would have been right in the way.

I think it shows just how "run of the mill" zombies have become in their world. at first everyone was like....HOLY SHIT A ZOMBIE! and now they are all like....meh, it's a slow one, move along. that's the way I took it anyways.

Silock 11-26-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9153873)
I absolutely think he's gonna kill Merle!
I need to go read these damn comics...

Darryl and Merle aren't in the comics.

frankotank 11-26-2012 02:21 PM

OK...about these comics....
looks like there's 104 comics.
there's 2 compendiums each over 1000 pages.
compendium 1 = issues 1-48 & 2 = 49-96.
well if there's REALLY 104 issues then there's only gonna be 8 issues in compendium #3 when it comes out??

what's the diff between reading the compendiums and the comics? any?
when does compendium 3 come out??

PS - what is the survivor guide???

Gonzo 11-26-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9153957)
well if there's REALLY 104 issues then there's only gonna be 8 issues in compendium #3 when it comes out??

I have the zombie survival guide on audiobook. It was rather disappointing.

siberian khatru 11-26-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 9153875)
Yeah, but I think the writers put that line in there more for Michonne to over hear as a reason to trust the group.

But I do agree that Daryl will be forced to choose between the group and Merle, and I'm convinced he'll choose the group. I just hope the Daryl/Merle confrontation is badass.

My son pointed out last night that Daryl has changed so much being part of Rick's group that he'll be able to see what a bad guy -- and bad influence -- Merle is/was. I doubt he'll put Merle down coldly, but I have no doubt he'll put him down.

And yes, it has to be epic.

So, who's gonna off the Governor? Rick? Mechonne? Glenn? Maggie? Andrea? His zombie daughter?

Valiant 11-26-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9154132)
My son pointed out last night that Daryl has changed so much being part of Rick's group that he'll be able to see what a bad guy -- and bad influence -- Merle is/was. I doubt he'll put Merle down coldly, but I have no doubt he'll put him down.

And yes, it has to be epic.

So, who's gonna off the Governor? Rick? Mechonne? Glenn? Maggie? Andrea? His zombie daughter?

Him in the pit wuld fitting.
As for merle, I would love hem to dd him back to the group for a few more episodes and have glenn off him while he is trying to kill daryle.

One thing that irrates me. In a zombie world. Why the **** do they not use spears and fire. Especially at the prison.

Big Chief Homer 11-26-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 9153875)

Theres also a line I found interesting in the scene where Daryl is telling Carl about his Mom.

He says. "I was out with my friends, the neighborhood kids" "I could do that with Merle not around at the time".

I took that as Daryl already knows if and when Merles around he not allowed to have friends or be part of a group.

He's a respected member and leader of ricks group and Im hoping hes not looking to go back to being Merles Bitch.

dmahurin 11-26-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Compendium 3 won't be out until there are 48 issues to include in it. There isn't a difference except in the compendium there is no cover art from each individual issue. The compendium is just 48 issues in one book.

Buck 11-26-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

A new comic comes out every month. The comic series isn't over yet. If you're only going to read the compendiums, you'll likely be waiting 5 years for the next one.

Sure-Oz 11-26-2012 05:13 PM

I'd suggest get both compendiums just cause its cheaper/easier to catch up. I bought mine off amazon for $32 a piece. LOVE it...once i fully catch up i'll buy the comics

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

I believe Merle will sacrifice himself to save Daryl and then redeem himself amongst the group with his sacrifice, like The Governor said "Blood is Blood"

Gonzo 11-26-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9154660)
I believe Merle will sacrifice himself to save Daryl and then redeem himself amongst the group with his sacrifice, like The Governor said "Blood is Blood"

That would be interesting but I dunno man... Merle just isn't wired right.

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9154787)
That would be interesting but I dunno man... Merle just isn't wired right.

He definitely loves his brother, and even though he's a little "War Wacky" The Governor recognizes he's loyal but Merle's family comes ahead of everything else.( asking if Daryl's alive incessantly . )

Aries Walker 11-26-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9154159)
One thing that irrates me. In a zombie world. Why the **** do they not use spears and fire. Especially at the prison.

Fire would cause a smoke pillar that would alert every no-good live human dirtbag that there was someone there. Spears, I have no idea - I've been squawking about that for years now. At least they finally got a sword and T-Dog briefly used a riot shield.

They're setting up these three great conflicts - Rick and the Governor, Daryl and Merle, Andrea and Michonne. That said, I don't think any of them will be killed by the other in their 'pair'; they'll just have intense meeting scenes.

Without the benefit of having read the comics (which, from what I hear, are so wildly off now they might as well be discounted anyway), here's what I think will happen, in spoilers just in case.

Spoiler!

Now we'll see how wrong I am next week.

Deberg_1990 11-26-2012 11:10 PM

Great stuff. Love how this season is truly building momentum and stuff actually happens.

The Governor is now truly hateful. Ill bet Andrea turns and she sticks with him. *uck her at this point.

heh, loved how they showed Milton as the little b*tch he truly is.

kcchiefsus 11-27-2012 12:25 AM

I hope Andrea dies, I've never liked that bitch.

dmahurin 11-27-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 9155793)
I hope Andrea dies, I've never liked that bitch.

She's a badass in the comics. She's not the same person.

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Chief Homer (Post 9154196)
Theres also a line I found interesting in the scene where Daryl is telling Carl about his Mom.

He says. "I was out with my friends, the neighborhood kids" "I could do that with Merle not around at the time".

I took that as Daryl already knows if and when Merles around he not allowed to have friends or be part of a group.

He's a respected member and leader of ricks group and Im hoping hes not looking to go back to being Merles Bitch.

Yup I was trying to remember that line and it's pretty much foreshadowing the events to come. Either you're going to think Darryl is an asshole or he will solidify his place in the group, then probably killed off by zombies or something.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9153728)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 9153800)

They will almost certainly setup some cliffhangers. Who lives? Who dies? They cant kill off the Governor this soon.

KC_Lee 11-27-2012 08:40 AM

Anyone else see the gaping plot hole that Michone did realize that Rick's group was the group that Andrea was part of?

I mean, at some point during the winter one would think that Andrea and Michone talked about the group that Andrea was seperated from. Why didn't Michone mention Andrea at all?

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9156153)
Anyone else see the gaping plot hole that Michone did realize that Rick's group was the group that Andrea was part of?

I mean, at some point during the winter one would think that Andrea and Michone talked about the group that Andrea was seperated from. Why didn't Michone mention Andrea at all?

Yea, i was wondering about that too? They really need to work on Michones character. I hate they way shes written.

Its almost like the writers are being lazy and are thinking "Well, the fans will dig her just because she looks cool and swings a sword, so we dont have to develop her character"

KC_Lee 11-27-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9156171)
Yea, i was wondering about that too? They really need to work on Michones character. I hate they way shes written.

Its almost like the writers are being lazy and are thinking "Well, the fans will dig her just because she looks cool and swings a sword, so we dont have to develop her character"

I love the whole bad ass loner angle but for God's sake give her some meaningful dialog. Develop the character, let us get to know her.

kcchiefsus 11-27-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9155795)
She's a badass in the comics. She's not the same person.

I guess it's just the actress then, she's rubbed me the wrong way since the show started.

Chiefnj2 11-27-2012 09:50 AM

The Governor hasn't been developed enough yet to kill off.

L.A. Chieffan 11-27-2012 10:43 AM

I think they pussed out on the governor rape. he made her take her top off.. OMG WHAT A MONSTER!! please.... in one of the most violent television shows in history they can't even IMPLY rape? weak sauce AMC

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-27-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9156153)

Because she still doesn't trust them, yet?

NewChief 11-27-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9156427)
I think they pussed out on the governor rape. he made her take her top off.. OMG WHAT A MONSTER!! please.... in one of the most violent television shows in history they can't even IMPLY rape? weak sauce AMC

Heh. I think he was pretty insidious, though. He left it so that it looks to Glen like she was raped. She can try to deny that she was raped (since she wasn't), and that's going to **** with Glen (because he'll think the Governor likely did rape her, but she's just trying to protect Glenn's feelings).

Bowser 11-27-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9156427)

Even on this show, there is NO way they could put that rape scene on TV, heh.

He is a master mind ****er, though.

keg in kc 11-27-2012 11:43 AM

I thought that rape scene was harder to watch than some of the gore. Even though it didn't end up going there. So it was still effective even if they didn't go all the way. So to speak.

L.A. Chieffan 11-27-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9156562)
Heh. I think he was pretty insidious, though. He left it so that it looks to Glen like she was raped. She can try to deny that she was raped (since she wasn't), and that's going to **** with Glen (because he'll think the Governor likely did rape her, but she's just trying to protect Glenn's feelings).

It would have been better if they left the viewer in the dark as well. Its seems like they're almost trying to make the Governor a sympathetic character. In the comic he was pure evil and you couldnt wait for his ass to get justice from Michonne

KC_Lee 11-27-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9156505)
Because she still doesn't trust them, yet?

Yeah I get that but how do you not trust someone that was part of a group that you spent the last 6 months with?

And why would Michone not mention that she left Woodbury and Andrea stayed there?

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 12:29 PM

How did the crazy guy in the cabin survive the zombie infested woods for so long being so stupid?

Dartgod 11-27-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9156667)
How did the crazy guy in the cabin survive the zombie infested woods for so long being so stupid?

My thoughts exactly. It's not like that cabin was built like Fort Knox.

penguinz 11-27-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Zombies only eat live or freshly killed meat. He had a dog corpse there rotting that would mask his own scent from the zombies.

Lumpy 11-27-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

I was wondering about this, too. Maybe he played the banjo for them, fed them squirrel stew, and got them drunk on moonshine? :shrug:

That is the one thing that I don't understand about some shows... when they throw characters in the mix and don't explain things. They could have easily left that guy out and just had the group escape the way they did. But I have no doubt that the writers added him for a reason. That was just a small sample of a kill or be killed situation and will lead up to more once the group enters the town.

notorious 11-27-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9156566)
Even on this show, there is NO way they could put that rape scene on TV, heh.

He is a master mind ****er, though.

They should have just cut to commercial when he pushed her to the table.

Leave it up to the viewer to decide what happens and it creates a LOT of conflict in future episodes.

keg in kc 11-27-2012 12:49 PM

Without crazy cabin guy, you don't get to see them throw him outside the cabin as zombie bait, so I'm willing to let that bit of plot vacuum go.

frankotank 11-27-2012 12:55 PM

anyone chuckle when Michonne said "I didn't ask you for help"?
that cracked me up. no, you just walked up to my fence line with a bullet in your leg and stared at me.....but you're right, you didn't ask for help. whatever.

I have both compendiums on the way! (in the mail)
I can't wait!

frankotank 11-27-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156746)
Without crazy cabin guy, you don't get to see them throw him outside the cabin as zombie bait, so I'm willing to let that bit of plot vacuum go.

plus it gives you more insight into Michonne....like....homie don't play!
she's a stone cold killer.

penguinz 11-27-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156746)

There was no plot vacuum. The smell of the rotting dog corpse would mask his scent so the zombies would stay away.

kaplin42 11-27-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

While it has some good "ideas", it is what it says it is, a survival guide, nothing more, nothing less. It's not a story, or anything like that. So unless you like reading user manuals/guides, it's not really that interesting. I would much more recommend World War Z, that is an epic book.

blaise 11-27-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9156761)
anyone chuckle when Michonne said "I didn't ask you for help"?
that cracked me up. no, you just walked up to my fence line with a bullet in your leg and stared at me.....but you're right, you didn't ask for help. whatever.

I have both compendiums on the way! (in the mail)
I can't wait!

I thought the same thing.

keg in kc 11-28-2012 05:51 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ex3IWMkc_gU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seaofred 11-28-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9160061)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ex3IWMkc_gU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tyreece?

Deberg_1990 11-28-2012 07:26 PM

What the?? Who were those people??

Buck 11-28-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9160061)

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9160135)
Tyreece?

Dude get the **** out of here....somewhere back in this thread I said that actor would be perfect for Tyreese. I hope it's him.

He is Cutty from The Wire, one of my favorites.

keg in kc 11-28-2012 07:41 PM

He is Tyreese. It was announced a week or so ago.

Buck 11-28-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9160263)
He is Tyreese. It was announced a week or so ago.

I just came.

Buck 11-28-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8741346)
Yeah, I've felt the same way for a while, but I would still be happy if they brought on an actual Tyreese. Especially if he were played by one of these guys.

http://i.imgur.com/C02ni.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BVJe5.gif

posted 7/14/12

cabletech94 11-28-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9160264)
I just came.

/ thread

(no, not really)

but this should be just okay.

ARE YOU FRIGGIN' KIDDING ME? HIP HIP HOOOOORAY!!!!!!!

seaofred 11-28-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9160257)
Dude get the **** out of here....somewhere back in this thread I said that actor would be perfect for Tyreese. I hope it's him.

He is Cutty from The Wire, one of my favorites.

Sorry?

Buck 11-28-2012 08:24 PM

Wait so Tyreese is gonna be in the next episode or the episodes starting in Feb?

Deberg_1990 11-28-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9160338)
Wait so Tyreese is gonna be in the next episode or the episodes starting in Feb?

It's been rumored that he shows up towards he end of this next episode before the break. Who knows though? Is this a love interest for Michone? I hope so....give her something interesting to do.

Buck 11-28-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9160403)
It's been rumored that he shows up towards he end of this next episode before the break. Who knows though? Is this a love interest for Michone? I hope so....give her something interesting to do.

I was thinking since I didn't even hear about this until today maybe they just filmed a scene or two with him and he has no interaction with the other actors and they'll film the rest of the scenes w/ everyone else later.

keg in kc 11-28-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9160403)

The clip I posted is from the next episode. I assume that's the prison they're walking up to.

Buck 11-28-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9160477)
The clip I posted is from the next episode. I assume that's the prison they're walking up to.

It could be, it seems like the most likely place, but this doesn't look like the Prison we've seen at all. Could be a filming issue, not having the same place available to shoot, or it could be a whole different wing of the prison.

http://i.imgur.com/fOvay.png

dmahurin 11-28-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9160517)
It could be, it seems like the most likely place, but this doesn't look like the Prison we've seen at all. Could be a filming issue, not having the same place available to shoot, or it could be a whole different wing of the prison.

Prison aftermath from the governors people?

ArrowheadHawk 11-28-2012 11:23 PM

Can you get the comics in digital format to read on a tablet?

Gonzo 11-28-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9160635)
Can you get the comics in digital format to read on a tablet?

Yep. iBooks.

Sure-Oz 11-28-2012 11:31 PM

Holy Shit Tyreese!!!!

ArrowheadHawk 11-28-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9160648)
Yep. iBooks.

I'll have to get them. I have a galaxy tab 2 on order it should ship next week.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-29-2012 08:25 AM

has me excited!! He's badass in the comics.

Deberg_1990 11-29-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9160459)
I was thinking since I didn't even hear about this until today maybe they just filmed a scene or two with him and he has no interaction with the other actors and they'll film the rest of the scenes w/ everyone else later.

I posted on Nov. 20th he was being added to the cast. Sounds like they waited until the last minute to announce it. IM guessing if he is in this Sundays episode, it was filmed awhile ago.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=3095

seaofred 11-29-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9160517)

I don't know if it's the prison they are walking up to, but a couple of episodes ago the two prisinors said the wall was down on the back side of the prison and everytime they took a body out more zombies would come in. So I'm guessing this is the "backside" of the prison.

lcarus 11-29-2012 11:05 AM

So if I were to purchase The Walking Dead books, should I get the compendiums or something else? Is there a hardcover compendium?

Bowser 11-29-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9161340)
So if I were to purchase The Walking Dead books, should I get the compendiums or something else? Is there a hardcover compendium?

They sell them in graphic novel format. Covers a number of the comics under one book. That's the way I've read it.

notorious 11-29-2012 11:31 AM

So, by comparing the comics with the show, about how many seasons do you think we have left?

Bowser 11-29-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9161441)
So, by comparing the comics with the show, about how many seasons do you think we have left?

Hell, quite a few. They've covered some ground in the comics. Four+ years after everything went down, I think.

notorious 11-29-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9161461)
Hell, quite a few. They've covered some ground in the comics. Four+ years after everything went down, I think.

And the series is about 9 months to a year in?

Fantastic!