ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

KC_Connection 05-28-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9715922)
David West set the same screen the next time down the floor and no call. Those screens happen all the time given the number of pick and rolls NBA teams run these days. Yesterday, Duncan cross body blocked and fell on top of Conley to allow Parker to cut to the basket uncontested and there was no call. They just don't call them all that close or consistently, just the way the game is played now. For them to foul LeBron out on that call was weak (and I don't like the Heat).

Yeah, I remember that Duncan play. The Spurs employ the moving screen so often. They're quite excellent at it and even better at getting away with it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-28-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9715926)
Says the aTm fan.

Fair enough. They are pretty much a forgettable program on the national scale. Still doesnt change that SA is a terrible sports town

Hammock Parties 05-28-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9715839)
Just such a dumbass statement to make. Have you even watched a single game in this series? LeBron has been the best player in it by far.

He's not rising to the occasion.

Dirk scored 48 in a conference finals game. Had 40 in another game that same series.

We're waiting, LeBron.

KC native 05-28-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9715931)
Just a few more posts in this one after game 4 than game 3. That Heat hate is still strong in many, it seems. LMAO

I won't lie, this outcome does certainly makes the next week or so more interesting, though. I figured Heat in 6 and I'll stick with that, but the Heat are going to need more help from the secondary guys. Getting Game 3 Wade and at least something from Bosh (the guy has 13 rebounds in four games, it's laughable) would go a long way toward a series victory. They also need to quicken the pace and get out on the run more than they're doing. Indiana is playing these games with the style they want to and imposing their will on the Heat players outside of LeBron. That has to change.

I don't care who wins. I just want 7 extremely physical games.

KC native 05-28-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9715938)

Dirk scored 48 in a conference finals game. Had 40 in another game that same series.

We're waiting, LeBron.

ROFL it hurts you that old onewinski is going to fade into obscurity huh?

KC_Connection 05-28-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9715938)

Dirk scored 46 in a conference finals game. We're waiting, LeBron.

Your posts are so stupid they don't even deserve a response, but I'll humor you (while also noting that LeBron went 45, 15, and 5 in an elimination conference finals game just last year on the road).

Anyway, LeBron won Game 1 on two drives to the basket in the last 20 seconds, he had a triple double in game 2 to nearly beat them again (but got absolutely no help from his teammates), he dominated Paul George in the post in game 3 to get an easy win on the road, and today he was by far the best player on the court again (but again got no help from his teammates outside of Chalmers).

He's also shooting 53% in the series while averaging 28 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists and being the best defensive player on his team. But yeah...totally not rising to the occasion. Try watching some of the games next time before spouting such ignorance.

chiefzilla1501 05-28-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9715936)
Yeah, I remember that Duncan play. The Spurs employ the moving screen so often. They're quite excellent at it and even better at getting away with it.

It's a clear-cut moving screen.

LeBron's position as soon as Stephenson lifts his leg to move right.
http://i44.tinypic.com/b3lye1.png

LeBron's position after he sets a moving screen. Notice how wide his legs are. Also, notice that as soon as LeBron's foot hits the floor, it makes contact with Stephenson's. His body is so wide he's pretty much taking up an entire arc.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2l9lawh.png

LeBron's position post-screen clearly indicating that his final screen position is dramatically different from his initial position (moving).
http://i40.tinypic.com/1z8bkh.png

-King- 05-28-2013 10:54 PM

ROFL Lebron clearly stepped on Stephenson's foot intentionally. Unless he has the widest base in NBA history.

KC_Connection 05-28-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9715954)
It's a clear-cut moving screen.

Don't think anybody has argued that it wasn't a moving screen. They've just argued that it's a laughable call in that high leverage situation considering how many moving screens are made (and not called) in the NBA from possession to possession.

KC_Connection 05-28-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9715943)
I don't care who wins. I just want 7 extremely physical games.

I want LeBron in a rematch from 2007 against the Spurs. That's the matchup I wanted last year (while most wanted Durant and the Thunder) and I don't want the Pacers to spoil it again like the Thunder did.

I think the Spurs will end up crushing the Pacers if they end up pulling the upset in this series, but I honestly don't know what would happen in a Heat/Spurs series.

lcarus 05-28-2013 11:36 PM

Pacers got screwed for a while, then Miami got some bad calls. I pretty much just never want to see Joey Crawford officiating an NBA game ever again. Somehow that dipshit lingers in this league. Maybe he has photos of David Stern wearing a sheep costume with a ball-gag in his mouth getting it on with Ernie Johnson. I really don't know but it baffles me.

Hootie 05-29-2013 12:00 AM

Yeah I was going to say...

LeBron was pissed down the stretch. It was him vs...

Bosh is worthless. Wade blew.

Don't worry, LeBron will have an eff you game 5. Oh and they need to let him rest more on defense...the fact he has to exert so much energy down low is bad for the team.

Did I mention Bosh is worthless?

lcarus 05-29-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9716017)
Yeah I was going to say...

LeBron was pissed down the stretch. It was him vs...

Bosh is worthless. Wade blew.

Don't worry, LeBron will have an eff you game 5. Oh and they need to let him rest more on defense...the fact he has to exert so much energy down low is bad for the team.

Did I mention Bosh is worthless?

I've always thought Bosh was a bitch. Even when he was the man in Toronto and scored a lot of points.

tredadda 05-29-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9715969)
I want LeBron in a rematch from 2007 against the Spurs. That's the matchup I wanted last year (while most wanted Durant and the Thunder) and I don't want the Pacers to spoil it again like the Thunder did.

I think the Spurs will end up crushing the Pacers if they end up pulling the upset in this series, but I honestly don't know what would happen in a Heat/Spurs series.

I think the Spurs would beat Miami relatively easily. If the Pacers can dominate Miami so easily on the inside then the Spurs will as well. While I like Paul George, I think at this point in time the Spurs backcourt is superior to the Pacers meaning not only can they beat Miami inside, but they could make things interesting for the Heat on the outside. Outside of Lebron who is a mismatch on whoever covers him, the Spurs match up against the Heat very, very well. I at this point in time would take Duncan over Bosh and Parker over Wade.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2013 05:22 AM

Don't care about all the excuses. LeBron needs to score 35+ in these games if he wants to be compared to MJ. He loses this series just shows he's a notch below MJ yet again.

Good player though. GOAT status still in question.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2013 05:24 AM

And FYI, yes, I know he had a great game against the Celtics last year.

THAT WAS LAST YEAR.

He better bust out some more of that shit or he's gonna get laughed at again.

tredadda 05-29-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9716075)
Don't care about all the excuses. LeBron needs to score 35+ in these games if he wants to be compared to MJ. He loses this series just shows he's a notch below MJ yet again.

Good player though. GOAT status still in question.

MJs teams had good big men. They weren't consistently getting dominated like the Heat's big men are. That makes a difference. Jordan was great but when he won all six rings he was supported by a terrific supporting cast. He had a lights out shooter (Paxson, Kerr) two of the top forwards in the game (Grant, Pippen, Rodman) and a competent center who could hold his own (Cartwright or the other white guy whose name eludes me).

Lebron has none of that this series. Wade is a non factor as is Bosh and Miami is getting abused on the inside. That is not all on Lebron. He leads the team in scoring and rebounding and is shutting down Paul George. At some point others need to step up.

-King- 05-29-2013 05:59 AM

And they cant keep playing LeBron 40+ min a game if they want to extend this series or have him fresh against the Spurs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 05-29-2013 06:00 AM

I see. So now LeBron's supporting cast isn't good enough. LMAO

Hammock Parties 05-29-2013 06:03 AM

Shit, LeBron only took 18 ****ing shots last night. You can't do that in a game where your elite supporting cast is being shitty.

LeBron took the night off, and fouling out was the icing on his shit cake.

If the Heat lose this series, look back to this game and LeBron being merely "good" when he needs to be "great."

Because if he ain't...then baby, he ain't.

tredadda 05-29-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9716099)
I see. So now LeBron's supporting cast isn't good enough. LMAO

Not this series. Anyone who is actually watching the games and not just hating on Lebron to hate on Lebron can see that. Wade and Bosh are non factors this series.

Hootie 05-29-2013 07:26 AM

LeBron took the night off?

wow

what were you watching?

or let me guess

you didn't

chiefzilla1501 05-29-2013 07:49 AM

I dislike LeBron as much as anybody here, but he's playing a good series. George is playing as good of defense as you can for a guy who can't be stopped when he's on. That being said, the defense he's seeing is also the kind of defense Jordan would see every single game in the playoffs. But it's hard to knock 30 or so points, especially when your other shooters are cold. That being said (again), Durant's supporting cast was a hell of a lot colder in the finals last year including usually reliable studs like Harden.

KC native 05-29-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9715969)

From a good basketball perspective, I would rather see Miami. From a fan wanting a championship, Indiana.

Spurs would knock out Indiana in 5 tops. Miami would be tougher but Spurs take it in 6 or 7. Their ball movement and down low play from Duncan and Splitter would be the difference.

KC native 05-29-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9716073)
I think the Spurs would beat Miami relatively easily. If the Pacers can dominate Miami so easily on the inside then the Spurs will as well. While I like Paul George, I think at this point in time the Spurs backcourt is superior to the Pacers meaning not only can they beat Miami inside, but they could make things interesting for the Heat on the outside. Outside of Lebron who is a mismatch on whoever covers him, the Spurs match up against the Heat very, very well. I at this point in time would take Duncan over Bosh and Parker over Wade.

This

-King- 05-29-2013 04:02 PM

I think Spurs can absolutely beat the Heat. Hell, they can beat them in 5.

Never doubt Pop. The guy does shit like bench all his starters down double digits and still finds a way to win. He's in the Phil Jackson tier of coaching.

lcarus 05-29-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9717108)
He's in the Phil Jackson tier of coaching.

Agreed. He's in the Norv Turner tier of faces also.

MIAdragon 05-29-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9717101)
From a good basketball perspective, I would rather see Miami. From a fan wanting a championship, Indiana.

Spurs would knock out Indiana in 5 tops. Miami would be tougher but Spurs take it in 6 or 7. Their ball movement and down low play from Duncan and Splitter would be the difference.

Just like Miami was supposed to "roll" over Indiana, right? This series is 2.1 seconds from being 3-1.

-King- 05-29-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9717111)
Agreed. He's in the Norv Turner tier of faces also.

LMAO Everytime I see him I think he's a few years away from looking like Al Davis.

http://www.mensbasketballhoopscoop.c...ball-plays.jpg

http://synthesis.net/wp-content/uplo...1/al-davis.jpg

KC native 05-29-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9717153)
Just like Miami was supposed to "roll" over Indiana, right? This series is 2.1 seconds from being 3-1.

Pacers have good interior defense but San Antonio's ball movement would neutralize that. Pacers also make a lot of young team type of mistakes. Spurs would kill Indiana on those mistakes.

The Spurs are a much better TEAM than Miami. Miami has the best player in basketball though, so they'll always be in contention because of that.

ChiefsCountry 05-29-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9717101)

LeBron would punk your ass and win it again.

saphojunkie 05-29-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9717213)
Pacers have good interior defense but San Antonio's ball movement would neutralize that. Pacers also make a lot of young team type of mistakes. Spurs would kill Indiana on those mistakes.

The Spurs are a much better TEAM than Miami. Miami has the best player in basketball though, so they'll always be in contention because of that.

The Heat are winning it all, but enjoy your little fantasies.

KC native 05-29-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9717311)
LeBron would punk your ass and win it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9717323)

ROFL Ok.

Deberg_1990 05-29-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Didn't Dirk single handily take them down in the finals 2 years ago? that team wasn't even as good as the Spurs are now.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-29-2013 06:31 PM

The Spurs are better than the 2011 Mavs and Thunder of last year (thanks to Harden disappearing).

I wouldn't count out the Spurs given the 2-3-2 format. I always liked that for the team without home court advantage.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2013 06:34 PM

No way the Heat beat the Spurs, if they even get that far.

chiefzilla1501 05-29-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Not a slam dunk. The pacers are competing off of fast passing and great ball movement. San Antonio does that. Parker is a surer ball handler than hill and will be a match up problemfor cCole and Chalmers. Kwahi kLeonard is the type of defender who can at least look respectable against LeBron.

To beat the spurs Miami shooters have to show up. They haven't against indy and showed up too sporadically against the bulls. Would be a good match up.

chiefzilla1501 05-29-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Not a slam dunk. The pacers are competing off of fast passing and great ball movement. San Antonio does that. Parker is a surer ball handler than hill and will be a match up problemfor cCole and Chalmers. Kwahi kLeonard is the type of defender who can at least look respectable against LeBron.

To beat the spurs Miami shooters have to show up. They haven't against indy and showed up too sporadically against the bulls. Would be a good match up.

ohiobronco2 05-29-2013 09:20 PM

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...lop_medium.gif

dirk digler 05-29-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9715891)
It's still a very rare call in the sense that they only call a small fraction of the screens. And even rarer in the sense that you'll almost never see such a call in a high leverage situation at the end of a game like that.

You calling it rare is like you saying that holding in the NFL is a rare call, even though they call it a tiny fraction of the time compared to every play there is probably 10 guys holding. But holding in the NFL is not a rare call, it is routine just like moving\illegal screens are now a routine call in the NBA and have been since they decided to start focusing on it.

You can question the timing but Garnett has been called several times late in games on moving screens. This isn't something new.

KC_Connection 05-29-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9716171)
LeBron took the night off?

wow

what were you watching?

or let me guess

you didn't

Yeah, not even worth getting into a discussion when such blatant, ignorant trolling involved. LeBron has been fantastic this postseason.

KC_Connection 05-29-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9716073)

I agree with all of your points and I can see the Spurs winning for all of those reasons, but the Heat are the team with LeBron James. That factor alone gives them a great chance in any series as well.

KC_Connection 05-29-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9718223)
You can question the timing but Garnett has been called several times late in games on moving screens. This isn't something new.

That few times he's been called on it, though, is only a small fraction of the amount of times he's done it late in games. Usually, both for him and others, it is let go...especially late.

-King- 05-30-2013 08:18 AM

Miami’s LeBron James and Indiana’s David West Fined $5,000
May 29 2013 1:21PM
The Heat’s LeBron James and the Pacers’ David West have been fined $5,000 each for violating the league’s anti-flopping rules during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. View video>>

Indiana’s Lance Stephenson Fined $5,000
May 29 2013 1:21PM
The Pacers’ Lance Stephenson has been fined $5,000 for violating the league's anti-flopping rules during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. View video>>

NBA.com

Setsuna 05-30-2013 08:23 AM

$5,000 ain't enough.

lcarus 05-30-2013 08:38 AM

I hate Lebron, but the guy does so much more than just score. He's just a beast all around player. Comparisons to Jordan at this point is stupid. That's something you gotta do after Lebron's career is over.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-30-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9718588)
$5,000 ain't enough.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0SeB7wpmA80?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0SeB7wpmA80?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties 05-30-2013 06:29 PM

Wade is shooting 48 percent this series.

Bosh is shooting 46 percent.

Is this the "weak supporting cast" we were told was hurting LeBron?

Hammock Parties 05-30-2013 06:40 PM

Nice turnover, LeBron.

Looking like an MVP tonight.

Hammock Parties 05-30-2013 07:03 PM

5 pts and 3 turnovers in that qtr for LeBron.

Great player.

notorious 05-30-2013 07:05 PM

What in the ****?

notorious 05-30-2013 07:06 PM

Turdman should be booted for that shit.

-King- 05-30-2013 07:06 PM

Paul George and Hibbert have all 29 points for the Pacers.

Chris Andersen and Hansbrough fighting over who gets to be the token white player.

chiefzilla1501 05-30-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9719954)
Turdman should be booted for that shit.

Boot that kiddie lover out

notorious 05-30-2013 07:07 PM

How is that not a Technical?

Pitt Gorilla 05-30-2013 07:08 PM

Birdman is a goon.

-King- 05-30-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9719957)
How is that not a Technical?

Don't know how the **** it's a double technical.

Pitt Gorilla 05-30-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9719959)
Don't know how the **** it's a double technical.

Reggie going after the refs.

notorious 05-30-2013 07:08 PM

This is a ****ing joke.

notorious 05-30-2013 07:09 PM

He shouldn't even be in the game.

notorious 05-30-2013 07:10 PM

I was in the "I don't give a **** who wins" category, but now I am starting to lean towards "**** Miami".

chiefzilla1501 05-30-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9719962)
He shouldn't even be in the game.

What's even more hilarious is that Anderson was going after the wrong guy.

Unless Hansbrough farted in his face from a distance.

notorious 05-30-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9719967)
Unless Hansbrough farted in his face from a distance.

Would that be considered a "fragrant" foul? LMAO

chiefzilla1501 05-30-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9719973)
Would that be considered a "fragrant" foul? LMAO

A flatulent foul #2

Pitt Gorilla 05-30-2013 07:18 PM

West is a grown-ass man.

chiefzilla1501 05-30-2013 07:27 PM

Bad sign. Pacers dominated the first half but are only up 2. Gotta get some guys besides George and Hibbert to make shots, especially from the outside.

Hammock Parties 05-30-2013 07:31 PM

LeBron's being a big pussy tonight. Bad sign.

Unless he finds his nuts in the 2nd half...curtains.

-King- 05-30-2013 07:33 PM

West missed 4 point blank layups this half.

KC_Connection 05-30-2013 07:34 PM

I'm not sure if there's even any point in playing Chris Bosh in this series. He quite literally has been a huge negative for the Heat.

Setsuna 05-30-2013 07:36 PM

Spolster is clueless. They need offense.

-King- 05-30-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9720055)
I'm not sure if there's even any point in playing Chris Bosh in this series. He quite literally has been a huge negative for the Heat.

Chris Bosh? He's played like an all star compared to Dwyane Wade.

Hammock Parties 05-30-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9720055)

He's shooting like 47 percent.

LeBron just isn't as good as everyone wants him to be.

-King- 05-30-2013 07:51 PM

We get it Clay.

KC_Connection 05-30-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9720062)
Chris Bosh? He's played like an all star compared to Dwyane Wade.

They've both been total shit, but Bosh can't defend West or Hibbert even if he wanted to and he's not rebounding at all.

Hammock Parties 05-30-2013 07:57 PM

LeBron's teammates picking him up!

KC_Connection 05-30-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9720120)
LeBron's teammates picking him up!

Your only purpose in this thread is to troll LeBron isn't it?

Pitt Gorilla 05-30-2013 08:02 PM

Indiana has ZERO outside shooting.

LiL stumppy 05-30-2013 08:05 PM

two awful back to back calls on hill.

Pitt Gorilla 05-30-2013 08:05 PM

Can Granger come in for a shot or two?

KC_Connection 05-30-2013 08:05 PM

I'm pretty sure David West could kick the shit out of anybody on the court including LeBron.