ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

the Talking Can 01-26-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9353917)
Still not seeing what this has to do with anything I said. I stated several times the Chiefs have to draft Geno.

Quote:

Without have anyone decent to compare him to in the draft, it makes it even riskier
there's no risk to begin with, much less anything to make it 'riskier'....except in the generic way that no pick is a guarantee, which goes without saying

B14ckmon 01-26-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9353929)
there's no risk to begin with, much less anything to make it 'riskier'....except in the generic way that no pick is a guarantee, which goes without saying

If a player sucks and never ends up starting a game in their life, than clearly that is a bad result. If they go on to be a hall of fame QB, then that is a good result. Options for both good result and bad result = risk

I am trying to dumb this down for you guys, but I am having a hard time dropping down to your level...

RealSNR 01-26-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9353903)
Draft a guy who helps you consistently win 6 games, never make the playoffs, and never be low enough in the draft to get a better potential franchise QB?

Either way that's completely irrelevant to anything I said. all I said was that it is silly to have hoped the QBs sucked today to make Geno the obvious choice.

Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, and Kirk Cousins would accomplish the same 6 wins every year bottomless pit you warn against

DeezNutz 01-26-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9353937)
If a player sucks and never ends up starting a game in their life, than clearly that is a bad result. If they go on to be a hall of fame QB, then that is a good result. Options for both good result and bad result = risk

I am trying to dumb this down for you guys, but I am having a hard time dropping down to your level...

The only difference between drafting Sanchez or Jackson is that at least we would have tried. No better results, most likely. And no worse.

Some mocks have Cleveland taking another QB this year...the power of the new CBA.

htismaqe 01-26-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9353922)
Contrary to bizarre belief, Ryan Tannehill sucked this year. And I will be more than happy to give you guys our top 10 draft pick QB. And it wasn't an argument. Hence why I made a disclaimer about how I never said not drafting a QB, was an option for the Chiefs.

Jesus. All over the place.

B14ckmon 01-26-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9353940)
Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, and Kirk Cousins would accomplish the same 6 wins every year bottomless pit you warn against

Sure. Which is why I have said like 8 times now that the Chiefs have to draft Geno. Still no idea why people are telling me these things.

I was replying to the stupid kid who said he was happy all of the other QBs were bad because he wants Geno. I would rather hope 3 guys look equally great and my team gets to decide which fits the system the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9353944)
Jesus. All over the place.

Not really, been saying the same thing for 4 pages now. Reading comprehension is drastically lower in the Geno thread though I have noticed.

hometeam 01-26-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9353951)
Sure. Which is why I have said like 8 times now that the Chiefs have to draft Geno. Still no idea why people are telling me these things.

I was replying to the stupid kid who said he was happy all of the other QBs were bad because he wants Geno. I would rather hope 3 guys look equally great and my team gets to decide which fits the system the best.

Not sure why that matters when Geno looks great and fits the system that is going into place. Same results, no hypotheticals.

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 08:06 PM

Anyone who wants Alex Smith as the QB here isn't qualified to offer a football opinion.

Smith's has been a dogshit QB in this league forever, and has a decent year when he's leashed by Harbaugh, and some here really think he's the answer.

**** you in your ****ing ass.

B14ckmon 01-26-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9353956)
Not sure why that matters when Geno looks great and fits the system that is going into place. Same results, no hypotheticals.

Tough to say. I have not suffered the Geno Stockholm Syndrome that some of the people on this board have, so I do not see him as "great". Unless you mean in comparison to the rest of this draft class. In which case, that makes my point even stronger.

RealSNR 01-26-2013 08:19 PM

LMAO Do you even know what Stockholm Syndrome is?

htismaqe 01-26-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9353951)
Not really, been saying the same thing for 4 pages now. Reading comprehension is drastically lower in the Geno thread though I have noticed.

Yep, you're another mult.

You can **** right off.

B14ckmon 01-26-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9353994)
Yep, you're another mult.

You can **** right off.

No

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9353993)
LMAO Do you even know what Stockholm Syndrome is?

Yes. It's when Geno kidnapped you, and forced you to watch videos of only the good plays he made, so now he just has to blow a whistle and you return to him on your knees.

Molitoth 01-26-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9353961)
Anyone who wants Alex Smith as the QB here isn't qualified to offer a football opinion.

Smith's has been a dogshit QB in this league forever, and has a decent year when he's leashed by Harbaugh, and some here really think he's the answer.

**** you in your ****ing ass.

T H A N K Y O U B A D G U Y !

htismaqe 01-26-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9354000)
No

Yes.

B14ckmon 01-26-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9354022)
Yes.

If "mult" means someone with multiple accounts, which is what I am assuming, then no.