ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

lcarus 10-26-2011 05:51 AM

Man I've been a zombie fan for my whole life really, so naturally I was drawn to this show. I found the first season really hit or miss. So far the second season has been really good.

notorious 10-26-2011 07:27 AM

Meh.

Why can't I love this show?! I love zombies, I love apocalyptic shit, so why?!

Someone convince me why that second episode was worth a shit. Please.

Bowser 10-26-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8050057)
Meh.

Because it was. Now get your head on straight before we have to send Buck over to put a boot in your ass.

Have you read the books? Like with most book-to-tv adaptations, they're not exactly following the book to the T, but it really is all leading somewhere. A type of somewhere that will give you this reaction - :eek: . Trust me, hang in there.

blaise 10-26-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Meh.

I'm hopeful that it was needed to set up the story lines.

Chiefnj2 10-26-2011 08:51 AM

I haven't read the comic books, but if I had to venture to guess, someone will be turned into a zombie on purpose. Probably Carl. The way the new doctor talked about someday finding a vaccine, etc. I think Carl will slowly waste away and Rick and his wife will have to decide to let him get bit and turn into a zombie and "live" or completely die.

notorious 10-26-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8050121)
. A type of somewhere that will give you this reaction - :eek: . Trust me, hang in there.

I will, because I believe in you.

aturnis 10-26-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8049956)
They are splitting those 13 into halves though.

So like a Fringe thing?

aturnis 10-26-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8050181)
I haven't read the comic books, but if I had to venture to guess, someone will be turned into a zombie on purpose. Probably Carl. The way the new doctor talked about someday finding a vaccine, etc. I think Carl will slowly waste away and Rick and his wife will have to decide to let him get bit and turn into a zombie and "live" or completely die.

This is crazy talk. Never gonna happen.

Bump 10-26-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Meh.

this season is great so far, I don't know what you're talking about. That scene when the zombies were on the highway and they had to hide under the cars was ****ing fantastic.

KcMizzou 10-26-2011 10:52 PM

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. There's never been a zombie series before. (that I know of) We're used to zombie movies.

The more I think about it, though... the slow build might be for the best. Lends to that sense of "impending doom" that made the old school slow zombies frightening in the first place.

Sure-Oz 10-26-2011 10:54 PM

I like this show so far...the first 2 eps of season 1 were pretty badass

Huffmeister 10-26-2011 11:55 PM

It seems like they really toned down Daryl's character this season. Yes, he's a badass, and that's cool. But they're missing out on opportunities to ratchet up the tension within the group by making him more like the asshole he was at the beginning of the first season.

aturnis 10-27-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8052007)
It seems like they really toned down Daryl's character this season. Yes, he's a badass, and that's cool. But they're missing out on opportunities to ratchet up the tension within the group by making him more like the asshole he was at the beginning of the first season.

I'm happy they toned him down. Makes him more likeable for me, and his backwards over the top accent and "ways" were too much for me.

I mentioned his terrible season one accent to a friend, saying it was over the top and just bad. He said "Well, he's from Georgia". I said, THEY'RE ALL FROM ****ING GEORGIA! WHY IS HE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAD A TERRIBLE OVER THE TOP CLICHE BACKWARDS ASSED FROM THE HILLS SHEEP ****ER ACCENT!

KC_Connection 10-27-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8051962)
Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. There's never been a zombie series before. (that I know of) We're used to zombie movies.

The more I think about it, though... the slow build might be for the best. Lends to that sense of "impending doom" that made the old school slow zombies frightening in the first place.

That's why I think a villian or a real anti-hero is needed, the characters aren't interesting enough right now. You can't sustain an entire television series with just mindless zombies as the only threat to the protagonists, IMO.

Aries Walker 10-27-2011 05:17 AM

I don't know, Andrea does a pretty good job being a pain in the ass all the time.