ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

|Zach| 09-20-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 7927736)
THAT might be one of the most creatively funny things that I have ever read. BRAVO!:clap:

Being a site that caters to one team and fan base only gives it so much exposure but RockM is an awesome website. Even keeled discussion...great news and media source as well as shit that is hilarious.

Frazod 09-20-2011 07:47 PM

MU off to be with the rest of the slavers/Butthurt KU fan :D

|Zach| 09-20-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7928391)
MU wouldn't want to lose to Memphis, East Carolina, and Houston year after year.

Hell they wouldn't even win that conf in bball.

You're trolling.

Sassy Squatch 09-20-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7928395)
Being a site that caters to one team and fan base only gives it so much exposure but RockM is an awesome website. Even keeled discussion...great news and media source as well as shit that is hilarious.

Each one was more or less spot on. The Texas AM to SEC comic was the best though.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7928387)
I'd love to go party with Reaper, but there's no way that I could stomach the cheap beer he's always raving about.

What's a brotha gotta do to get invited to this crap!

I totally hate the Chiefs more than the charter members of the 'gang'.

CoMoChief 09-20-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7928398)
You're trolling.

takes one to know one.

oh my bad.....zach never trolls on CP

DJ's left nut 09-20-2011 08:03 PM

P.S. Include me in the "I'll believe it when we start changing signage" group.

I've seen too many 'informal' or 'tentative' agreements go nuclear to give a rip about handshake agreements at this point.

Al Bundy 09-20-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7928398)
You're trolling.

Of course he is. UCF is the one that MU would have to worry about.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7928393)
I'd like those additions, actually.

Christ - I would hope that would at least push Auburn over to the East.

It would be like taking Baylor's place in the XII south all of the sudden. OU, OSU, A&M and Bama in the same division? The weak sisters would be Ol' Miss and Mississippi....and Mizzou. Damn that would be nasty.

Hopefully they would push it all the way to the 'pod' setup at that point. I actually like the way the PAC handled that; it looked like it would create a really cool set of rivalries while also ensuring that teams all played each other with some regularity. It would cut down on some of the hellacious travel as well.

We might still end up in a murderous one though, probably OU, OSU, ARK and MU.

It'd be tough as hell, but damn it would be some fun football.

Saul Good 09-20-2011 08:14 PM

Pod would be Mizzou, OU, OSU, and Arkansas. We would play the other 3 in our pod every year and 2 from the other pods every other year for a total of 9 conference games plus 3 non-cons.

ChiefsCountry 09-20-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7928467)
Christ - I would hope that would at least push Auburn over to the East.

It would be like taking Baylor's place in the XII south all of the sudden. OU, OSU, A&M and Bama in the same division? The weak sisters would be Ol' Miss and Mississippi....and Mizzou. Damn that would be nasty.

Hopefully they would push it all the way to the 'pod' setup at that point. I actually like the way the PAC handled that; it looked like it would create a really cool set of rivalries while also ensuring that teams all played each other with some regularity. It would cut down on some of the hellacious travel as well.

We might still end up in a murderous one though, probably OU, OSU, ARK and MU.

If OU and OSU come along, Bama would be in the east.

West would be Mizzou, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Arkansas, LSU, A&M, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State.

DeezNutz 09-20-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7928467)

This is the way that I see it. Plus, it would preserve some of the Big 8 (**** you, Big 12) flavor.

And there's little question that your anti-Cassel/Pioli chops demand executive-level membership. I'll raise a Keystone at Reaper's place with you anytime.

DaKCMan AP 09-20-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 7928232)
I went to Knoxville last year, that stadium is crazy. I'm not a Vols fan, but there's no way that's not one of the top 5 football venues in the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7928234)
Yeah Rocky Top is nuts, and it is crazy to think they are actually in a down period right now.

I've been to Neyland twice. That stadium is gorgeous and enormous. However, despite holding 10,000+ more people than The Swamp, it's not as loud.. at least partially due to the spread-out architecture in contrast with the Swamp's vertical, closed-in build.

KChiefs1 09-20-2011 08:41 PM

http://mizzou2sec.com/sec_14.jpg

DJ's left nut 09-20-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7928509)
This is the way that I see it. Plus, it would preserve some of the Big 8 (**** you, Big 12) flavor.

And there's little question that your anti-Cassel/Pioli chops demand executive-level membership. I'll raise a Keystone at Reaper's place with you anytime.

And the triad is complete. I got rep from Dane and Rainman, and now tacit acceptance into the strange and mysterious gang of 14.

I just burned my Skull and Bones invitation - who the **** needs those guys?