ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

dirk digler 09-20-2011 08:44 PM

**** so we go from having to put up with whiny KU fans to possibly DaKCMan.

Just shoot me now...

:)

DaKCMan AP 09-20-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7928592)
**** so we go from having to put up with whiny KU fans to possibly DaKCMan.

Just shoot me now...

:)

Maybe you all will STFU about me pimping the Awesome SEC and talking about Florida.

...probably not. ;)

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-20-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7928506)
If OU and OSU come along, Bama would be in the east.

West would be Mizzou, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Arkansas, LSU, A&M, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State.

That's a balanced, but brutal division. In basketball, Mizzou could probably win that division with regularity if Carlton doesn't **** it up.

dirk digler 09-20-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7928599)
Maybe you all will STFU about me pimping the Awesome SEC and talking about Florida.

...probably not. ;)

I am already getting tired of you... :D

bobbymitch 09-20-2011 08:57 PM

Perhaps some here can help an old codger understand how teams travel.

Back in the days of the Big 8 (yep went to school during that period), bus travel was the means of getting teams around. But, say, MU goes to the SEC. What are they going to do? Fly or spend several days to get to Florida? Can't fly from Columbia directly.

The same goes for KU, KSU, & ISU should the Big 12 goes down the tubes and they wind up in some eastern league.

I understand the PAC 10 does something to go to SoCal to Seattle, but never gave it much thought on the travel arragngements.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7928610)
That's a balanced, but brutal division. In basketball, Mizzou could probably win that division with regularity if Carlton doesn't **** it up.

Damn - all the talk about football and I completely spaced on basketball.

Yeah - Mizzou should do pretty well in basketball if we can manage to get ourselves a decent coach after shitcanning Haith.

(Unfortunately, it certainly appears that he's survived the Miami thing, so it'll take 3 or 4 mediocre seasons first...)

Reaper16 09-20-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7928509)
This is the way that I see it. Plus, it would preserve some of the Big 8 (**** you, Big 12) flavor.

And there's little question that your anti-Cassel/Pioli chops demand executive-level membership. I'll raise a Keystone at Reaper's place with you anytime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7928583)
And the triad is complete. I got rep from Dane and Rainman, and now tacit acceptance into the strange and mysterious gang of 14.

I just burned my Skull and Bones invitation - who the **** needs those guys?

I've got Tecate in my fridge right now that y'all can have. Also some High Life.

No, seriously, they are really in there. Please come down and drink them for me.

dirk digler 09-20-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7928635)
Damn - all the talk about football and I completely spaced on basketball.

Yeah - Mizzou should do pretty well in basketball if we can manage to get ourselves a decent coach after shitcanning Haith.

(Unfortunately, it certainly appears that he's survived the Miami thing, so it'll take 3 or 4 mediocre seasons first...)

Yep. Football is going to be brutal and we will be lucky to be in the top half of the conference but basketball we should be near the top. Of course we will have replaced our annual rapings by KU with Kentucky.

Mosbonian 09-20-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7928646)
Yep. Football is going to be brutal and we will be lucky to be in the top half of the conference but basketball we should be near the top. Of course we will have replaced our annual rapings by KU with Kentucky.

Yeah...but some of us wouldn't have to travel so far to see an occasional football or basketball game.

ChiefsCountry 09-20-2011 09:14 PM

Well the PAC-12 isn't expanding
http://twitter.com/#!/PeteThamelNYT/...48494758936577

Pants 09-20-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7928679)

Sooooo Texas is going to do what?

tk13 09-20-2011 09:21 PM

That explains OU and Texas' sudden desire to save the conference. Maybe it's the right move, maybe it's not, but if I was Mizzou I would run, run, and run.

Bewbies 09-20-2011 09:23 PM

I hope Texas ends up with nowhere to go.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7928685)
Sooooo Texas is going to do what?

Shit.

You know exactly what Texas is going to do now - the same thing they've always done.

If the PAC doesn't expand, OU probably stays in the XII with the rest of the gang. If so, Deaton's not going to pull the trigger on this thing.

If the PAC doesn't expand, I don't think MU moves. There are too many people within this administration that are entirely too resistant to change.

|Zach| 09-20-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7928694)
That explains OU and Texas' sudden desire to save the conference. Maybe it's the right move, maybe it's not, but if I was Mizzou I would run, run, and run.

I wonder if this makes everyone put their guns back in their holsters though.