ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

BigRedChief 05-19-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8622151)
I suspected that to be the case, I was pissed too.

Me three. Seeing him eating sunflower seeds out in the outfield after the error and then you see the contrast in the pain of Ryan in the dugout. :shake:

But despite that one moment................. he has performed as what we thought he would be when we signed him. Not many high priced FA contracts produce like they were paid to perform. We are getting what we paid for, and with the new cable contracts escalating the salaries, his contract may actually be looking like a good deal in a year.

BigRedChief 05-19-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 8625941)
Bullpen is absolutely horrible right now.
If they don't turn it around I'm afraid Craig might be traded for relief pitching.

We will see another trading deadline trade for bullpen pitching this year. But, I dont see Craig as the bait. He is entering Miller untouchable territory. Another team will offer a better deal than what we would ask for craig.

You have to pay a premium trading at this point in the year. Its a sellers market. Hard as hell to get a good deal. And most are rent a player free agents in a couple of months. Your only hope is that you have trade bait that everyone else values way above your evaluation of their value.

Mo has a fantastic track record of these trade deadline deals. Where is Wallace, Rasmus, Luddy? Whatever you think of Mo, he has earned the trust of Cardinal nation to make those trade dealine deals.

VAChief 05-19-2012 09:38 AM

Tuned into the home MLB last night...didn't realize Scully was still calling games...he has always been a homer, but he is becoming Harry Carry senile as well.

L.A. Chieffan 05-19-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 8626160)
Tuned into the home MLB last night...didn't realize Scully was still calling games...he has always been a homer, but he is becoming Harry Carry senile as well.

:facepalm:

VAChief 05-19-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8626162)
:facepalm:

Yes, it would be so surprising that an 84 year old man might be losing it.

Frazod 05-19-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8625986)
Only a dumbass like frazhole would think that Holliday sucks.

Did you see that home run he hit tonight with a guy on to take the lead?

He probably didn't even know who Holliday was until he came to St. Louis.

Too bad we can't trade him to the Dodgers. Choke artist + team that hasn't done shit in decades seems like a perfect combination to me.

L.A. Chieffan 05-19-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 8626173)
Yes, it would be so surprising that an 84 year old man might be losing it.

He's definitely not on his best days anymore but the Worst Vinny is better than the Best of anybody else.

And to call him a homer is just laughable, I have the MLB package and the other home team announcers make Vin look like a Giants fan.

L.A. Chieffan 05-19-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8626244)
Too bad we can't trade him to the Dodgers. Choke artist + team that hasn't done shit in decades seems like a perfect combination to me.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. An OF of Holliday, Kemp, and Either..... JIMP

BigRedChief 05-19-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8626279)
He's definitely not on his best days anymore but the Worst Vinny is better than the Best of anybody else.

And to call him a homer is just laughable, I have the MLB package and the other home team announcers make Vin look like a Giants fan.

I hadn't heard Scully since the 80's until I heard him go way over the top in the movie "For love of the game". He's not so bad.

No one expects the home teams announcers to be impartial. I like watching the STL game on the MLB package even its not in HD instead of watching say the Giants broadcast of the same game in HD. You just get more info on your team.

VAChief 05-19-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8626368)
I hadn't heard Scully since the 80's until I heard him go way over the top in the movie "For love of the game". He's not so bad.

No one expects the home teams announcers to be impartial. I like watching the STL game on the MLB package even its not in HD instead of watching say the Giants broadcast of the same game in HD. You just get more info on your team.

One of my favorite memories is game 6 of the NLCS in 85 right after Clark hit his bomb...Garagiola and Scully were calling the game...Scully started in on how the Dodgers really missed Steve Howe and Garagiola countered with something like "yeah the Cardinals had to wonder who would replace Bruce Sutter." Scully STFU after that.

Last night Scully was obsessed with Lynn's velocity. He acted like he was some newcomer called up that no one had heard of (despite his post season last year). He throws a fastball for 94 and he says 89 or 90 then says "Lynn is far from an overpowering guy, they say he has touched 98 at times, but we haven't seen anything close tonight." He's always been the master of the subtle dig, but now he is just ignorant. He had a great career and has a great radio voice, but he appeared to be a dithering old has been last night.

BigRedChief 05-19-2012 11:28 PM

MLB.com: St. Louis to call up Matt Adams Posted on May 19, 2012 by Kary Booher

Matt Adams, the Texas League’s MVP last year when he hit 32 home runs and drove in 101 runs for Double-A Springfield, is joining the St. Louis Cardinals on Sunday in Los Angeles, according to MLB.com’s Jennifer Langosh, who covers St. Louis for the website.

First baseman Lance Berkman was removed from Saturday’s game against the Los Angeles Dodgers after apparently injuring a knee.

Adams, who bats left, was hitting .338 (47-for-139) with nine home runs, nine doubles and 27 RBIs. He has had far more success against right-handers, hitting .379, compared to .222 (8-for-36) against left-handers in the Triple-A Pacific Coast League. Adams hit two home runs and drove in five Friday night in Las Vegas.

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-20-2012 07:14 PM

I kind of chuckled when you all hired Matheny but as I've seen more games and heard him more I'm starting to belive he's going to be a good manager, if he isn't already. I knew he was a bright guy... didn't laugh because of that... just seemed like quite a leap going from TLR to a guy with no experience. Plus losing Pujols... just figured Matheny would be in over his head. He doesn't appear to be. I like his cool, collected style/personality.

BigRedChief 05-20-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8628533)
I kind of chuckled when you all hired Matheny but as I've seen more games and heard him more I'm starting to belive he's going to be a good manager, if he isn't already. I knew he was a bright guy... didn't laugh because of that... just seemed like quite a leap going from TLR to a guy with no experience. Plus losing Pujols... just figured Matheny would be in over his head. He doesn't appear to be. I like his cool, collected style/personality.

He's defintely a smart baseball mind. The cameras caught him mouthing "he's swinging" on the 3-0 count tonight that won the game for the Dodgers. He does have the look of a winner. His first test as a leader is occuring now. Whether is works out in the long run or not, you can see why Mo picked a guy with no experience as a manager.

Frazod 05-20-2012 10:15 PM

He may be a good manager, but good is the last word I'd use to describe our piece of shit bullpen right now. ****. :shake:

Frazod 05-21-2012 12:31 PM

Just heard on the radio (no link) that Berkman tore an ACL over the weekend and is probably done forever. :banghead: