ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

IrishGal 04-17-2011 05:42 PM

ROFL - Amen! Finally a movie named appropriately in Hollywood! It would be so much easier if they did this with every movie, like So-So, or Don't Waste Your Money, or Bring an extra pair of pants (cause you're going to wet yourself laughing). It would make things SOOO much easier!

ragedogg69 04-17-2011 09:29 PM

Watched the mechanic, better than expected
Sent from my GTablet running VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk

Easy 6 04-18-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7571809)
Let me guess, she is a whorish woman that shows her tits in this movie just like every movie she does?

Is that a complaint?

patteeu 04-18-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7550271)
It was ok. Had the potential to be much more than it was, but just came up short. Catch it on HBO or Netflix.

I think I liked Hanna more than you did, but as someone who generally waits to see movies on DVD, this one won't lose much in the transition to the little screen. I particularly liked the music used in this movie. The driving electronic beats of the Chemical Brothers helped increase the tension on the chase scenes.

chasedude 04-18-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7574026)
Is that a complaint?

She looks ****ing great for her age! I don't see why ANYONE would complain? :spock:

Sure-Oz 04-18-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7574026)
Is that a complaint?

Absolutely not....i think every movie shes in its the same role

luv 04-20-2011 08:04 AM

Friend bought The King's Speech, so I went over to watch it last night. Great movie. MUCH better than I thought it was going to be.

BigMeatballDave 04-20-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 7554131)
Anyone catch Cedar Rapids?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f9VspqcwtJQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saw it on Friday. Hilarious low budget flick...laughed all the way through. Lots of subtle jokes to go along with the obvious ones (BrownStar Insurance! :) ).

Ed Helms played his part perfectly, and everything out of John C. Reilly's mouth was gold. Anne Heche surprisingly wasn't annoying either.

My favorite though, by far, was Isiah Whitlock Jr. Loved his role as the "proper" black gentleman and his references to "The Wire".

If you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it! :thumb:

That looks awesome. I gotta see it.

Baby Lee 04-20-2011 10:06 AM

Watched 'Public Speaking' felt like I was spying on an alien planet. Have no ill will towards Ms Lebowitz, but am genuinely confounded as to how she has eked out an existence, let alone a level of fame, with so many fascinated by and admiring of her.

She speaks with conviction, but doesn't say much of anything, and most of what she does say takes the form of veiled faux contrarian platitude.

"I am always right because I'm never fair."

Sounds deep, means ****all.

And for those of you boning up for the SATs, Dorothy Parker:Fran Lebowitz as Paris Hilton:

The answer is C: Rebecca Black.

ReynardMuldrake 04-20-2011 01:43 PM

Finally watched Dead Alive, the Peter Jackson movie. Seriously the bloodiest movie I've ever seen. More bloody than Kill Bill part I. It was pretty kick ass though. I loved the lawn mower scene.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-20-2011 08:23 PM

For those that have seen the great documentary Restrepo, the Oscar nominatedo forgot was killed today in Libya covering the fighting there . RIP Tim Hetherington.

Easy 6 04-21-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7580735)
For those that have seen the great documentary Restrepo, the Oscar nominatedo forgot was killed today in Libya covering the fighting there . RIP Tim Hetherington.

Yeah, caught that on the morning news, terrible. Restrepo was outstanding.

Easy 6 04-21-2011 12:11 PM

I'm gonna watch 'Che' tonight, anyone seen it yet? thoughts?

I'm assuming it'll be good, directed by Steven Soderberg(sp) & starring Benicio del Toro, but whats weird is that i cant recall seeing even one preview for it on tv or in any local theater, it just suddenly appeared on dvd.

blaise 04-21-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7581805)
I'm gonna watch 'Che' tonight, anyone seen it yet? thoughts?

I'm assuming it'll be good, directed by Steven Soderberg(sp) & starring Benicio del Toro, but whats weird is that i cant recall seeing even one preview for it on tv or in any local theater, it just suddenly appeared on dvd.

I haven't seen it but I notice when they run it on IFC it's two separate movies, part 1 and 2. I don't know how long it is, but it must be long.

Easy 6 04-21-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7581811)
I haven't seen it but I notice when they run it on IFC it's two separate movies, part 1 and 2. I don't know how long it is, but it must be long.

Yeah, its 2 flics that each run over 2 hours. The first one is described as solely dealing with the Cuban revolution & the other is more of an action pic thats all about Che.