ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Deberg_1990 08-06-2012 07:49 PM

Frenchy looks ready to bust out, and will most certainly help this team compete in September when they are 20 games out.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8796451)
Well, this really isn't a bad thing because we needed a utility man. Never mind that Escobar has been tough and consistent, never mind that Getz or even Moose could fill in if forced.

Don't get creative. Don't show foresight. Be ****ing stupid. Be a true, blue Royal.

LMAO

Common sense moves are not so obvious with Dayton. I hope he's on the hot seat.

Great Expectations 08-06-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8796190)
Myers clearly still needs work. He is slumping in Omaha right now. What would he be accomplishing in the majors?

At this point it would be insane to bring him up and lose a year of control. He should've been brought up in June, but now you have to wait.

DeezNutz 08-06-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8796511)
At this point it would be insane to bring him up and lose a year of control. He should've been brought up in June, but now you have to wait.

Why? We're allowed to re-sign him.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-06-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8796571)

Royals fans are conditioned to believe that once a good players contract is up he's gone. We have plenty of precidence to base it on. We don't opperate like other teams who are doing all the can to win for the last 27 years.

KevB 08-06-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8796571)

C'mon, don't act like you don't understand that team control isn't very important. I really respect you as a poster, but you've gone beyond negativity (and it's understandable). Take a couple of day break from the Royals, it would do you good. I've had to do the same a number of times --- this isn't me being a dick and asking you to leave, just suggesting a break for your sanity.

DeezNutz 08-06-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8796691)
C'mon, don't act like you don't understand that team control isn't very important. I really respect you as a poster, but you've gone beyond negativity (and it's understandable). Take a couple of day break from the Royals, it would do you good. I've had to do the same a number of times --- this isn't me being a dick and asking you to leave, just suggesting a break for your sanity.

Thanks for the kind words. And you're right; all I see right now are the flaws and shortcomings in this organization. Probably need to forget about them for '12.

But team control, while important, has to be ancillary to trying to win. Enormous differences in the organizations, ENORMOUS, but the Rangers just called up Olt. Why? He improves the roster.

I know the season is a huge disappointment, but let me revise some of my own flawed language: just because it's disappointing doesn't mean that it has to be pointless.

Evaluate talent. Groom talent. Then, if DM (for the love of all things good) can make some good moves this off-season with respect to pitching, seeing some major and legit improvement isn't out of the question next year.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-06-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8796725)
Thanks for the kind words. And you're right; all I see right now are the flaws and shortcomings in this organization. Probably need to forget about them for '12.

But team control, while important, has to be ancillary to trying to win. Enormous differences in the organizations, ENORMOUS, but the Rangers just called up Olt. Why? He improves the roster.

I know the season is a huge disappointment, but let me revise some of my own flawed language: just because it's disappointing doesn't mean that it has to be pointless.

Evaluate talent. Groom talent. Then, if DM (for the love of all things good) can make some good moves this off-season with respect to pitching, seeing some major and legit improvement isn't out of the question next year.

Uh huh... That.

KevB 08-06-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8796725)

I'd have brought Myers up at the AS break and given him that experience you've talked about. But as of today, I'd wait until September call ups. He'll still get some exposure, but that full year on the back end is more important than the month of experience when he's 22.

I respect the Rangers for bringing up Olt without worrying about anything else besides winning, but they're trying to find answers to win a World Series.

DeezNutz 08-06-2012 10:12 PM

Holy Shit:

"Kevin Scobee ‏@scobes15

Royals are last in the AL in BBs. The same distance between R's and 13th place as between 13th place and 6th. Wrap your head ahead that."

Me: This cannot be taught at the ML level. It's evaluated in amateur talent, and it speaks to our overall disregard for the importance of OBP.

tk13 08-06-2012 10:28 PM

Doesn't help when you have Yuni and Francoeur sucking up AB's every day.

DeezNutz 08-06-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8797048)
Doesn't help when you have Yuni and Francoeur sucking up AB's every day.

We never should have allowed them to volunteer to play for the Royals this year.

KevB 08-06-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8796997)
Holy Shit:

"Kevin Scobee ‏@scobes15

Royals are last in the AL in BBs. The same distance between R's and 13th place as between 13th place and 6th. Wrap your head ahead that."

Me: This cannot be taught at the ML level. It's evaluated in amateur talent, and it speaks to our overall disregard for the importance of OBP.

I've long believed part of that was a lack of talent on the roster. Bad hitters don't earn the respect of opposing pitchers. They go right at them, with no fear. Having said that, this organization is currently, and has been, run by old school baseball guys. They believe an aggressive hitter is a good hitter. Hitters with patience aren't given the benefit. Guys like Frenchy and Yuni are given long ropes despite their horrific OBP. Yet another systemic problem that keeps this team from winning.

DeezNutz 08-06-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8797057)
I've long believed part of that was a lack of talent on the roster. Bad hitters don't earn the respect of opposing pitchers. They go right at them, with no fear. Having said that, this organization is currently, and has been, run by old school baseball guys. They believe an aggressive hitter is a good hitter. Hitters with patience aren't given the benefit. Guys like Frenchy and Yuni are given long ropes despite their horrific OBP. Yet another systemic problem that keeps this team from winning.

Agreed, especially with your first point. Walking the likes of Dyson and Getz should damn near demand the opposing pitcher to be euthanized. No power = limited threats.

And old-school is absolutely the defining perspective at the K. Remember the infamous '09 DM interview when he conceded that he didn't even understand defensive metrics (said half-jokingly, but even still is horrific)?

Earlier this year, Hud boldly proclaimed about one of our hitters leading off an inning: "He's not looking for a walk! He wants a hit!"

As if this is a good thing? But even semi-educated fans are pretty ****ing stupid when it comes to baseball. Too hard to shake past (inaccurate) perceptions.

For example, I listened to Kietzman run down Gordon today to a certain extent. Why? Lack of RBIs. Not a "run producer." LMAO. Proceeded to rattle off a bunch of numbers like he was very informed on the matter, while I enjoyed the palpable irony.

duncan_idaho 08-06-2012 11:03 PM

I just went off on another Royals fan on a different message board because he suggested the Royals should sit pat on pitching, not make any major trades, and wait for Baez, Zimmer, Ventura, etc. to save the day. Moving Ventura+Cuthbert would "Hurt the long-term window" in his mind. Hah.

F*** that.

I'm a Royals fan. That isn't going to change. But if they don't AT LEAST acquire one legitimate guy and one OKish veteran (Kevin Millwood, Joe Blanton, etc.), I'm going to be really bitter. And the only thing that will save Dayton Moore is incredible luck.

Explore trades for Danny Haren and Matt Garza. Yordano Ventura+Cuthbert+bullpen piece+filler should be a solid package for either.

Explore FA deals with the Shaun Marcums, Anibal Sanchez's, etc. Acquire a decent.

Just don't sit on your ass and wait for ALL of your pitching prospects to hit. Don't COUNT on Mike Montgomery reverses course all of a sudden. Don't COUNT on John Lamb making the opening day rotation. Don't COUNT on Duffy and Paulino at the ASB next year.

Don't COUNT OUT the Royals for 2013. The everyday lineup can and should be in place soon. A very good one, with good depth. With a good defense behind it. And a very strong bullpen (when not worn to a nub by shitty starting pitching). Add a solid No. 2 and a solid No. 3 to the rotation, and you can cobble together enough of a rotation to contend NEXT YEAR.

We will fill the stands. It will happen. Just give KC a reason.