ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

|Zach| 09-20-2011 09:49 PM

Remember when Kathy Bates crushed Jimmy Caan's feet with a sledgehammer to trap him in bed? There's a Texas-Big 12 analogy there somewhere

http://twitter.com/#!/Dave_Matter/st...57241937989633

|Zach| 09-20-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7928749)
No idea why Mizzou fans would expect (or hope) for forward-thinking leadership from the current administration, as if BD didn't completely embarrass himself during the Anderson hire and Big 10 fiasco.

No way that the SEC doesn't go to 14. Have the gumption to make the move solo.

Seems like move to SEC hinged on B12 imploding.

Frazod 09-20-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7928740)
How hilarious would it be if we all just wasted the last 3 months following this crap and nothing happened?

Wouldn't surprise me. I learned my lesson last year. Hopeful it works but fully prepared for it to all go swirling down the drain.

007 09-20-2011 09:54 PM

Well, if this is true I am really going to miss the yearly rivalry. Sucks.

kcfan82 09-20-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7928747)
Mizzou is a proud member of the Big XII conference. We'll probably add 1 or 3 teams and call it a day.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

A) The Big 12 picks up another school and they all (minue A&M) split a 1+ billion dollar contract.

B) Missouri gets to duke it out with OSU for third in command now.

jAZ 09-20-2011 09:55 PM

From my source...

"It was a done deal until things got messy and difficult.* Even Scott, the biggest proponent of the superconferences did not think he could make this work seemlessly.* I just spoke to a well placed Pac Ten official who told me that the expanded league would have been as messy as the Big 12 has been with big egos and the desire for special status.* The presidents who were on board as of last week were turned off by having to compromise to add schools they wanted (OU and UT) and were not thrilled with having to take OSU and TTech.* So instead of humiliating anybody with a rejection, they just decided to stand pat until this thing blows up again in a couple of years.* The Big 12 survives again. For now while the Pac 12 will flourish as 12."

DeezNutz 09-20-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7928761)
Seems like move to SEC hinged on B12 imploding.

And who is the 14th in the SEC?

DeezNutz 09-20-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 7928770)
From my source...

"It was a done deal until things got messy and difficult.* Even Scott, the biggest proponent of the superconferences did not think he could make this work seemlessly.* I just spoke to a well placed Pac Ten official who told me that the expanded league would have been as messy as the Big 12 has been with big egos and the desire for special status.* The presidents who were on board as of last week were turned off by having to compromise to add schools they wanted (OU and UT) and were not thrilled with having to take OSU and TTech.* So instead of humiliating anybody with a rejection, they just decided to stand pat until this thing blows up again in a couple of years.* The Big 12 survives again. For now while the Pac 12 will flourish as 12."

:facepalm:

|Zach| 09-20-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7928772)
And who is the 14th in the SEC?

Hey who knows...not saying Missouri can't or won't be...but I think this is new information...so it is back to the drawing board a bit.

I feel like one huge thing is...nobody wants to be the one to really pull that last jenga block to make the B12 fold. Legally and just for the sake of a lot of bullshit I think people want B12 teams without being blamed for burning the house down.

Say MU were to be invited and leave with Texas and OU and all the other teams staying to keep the B12 going. That can happen without people thinking you wrecked the B12 but then again...that is new...we didn't think about this.

Did you?

I think you are coming down on a varied a constantly changing situation with a ton of assumptions.

How you take all this info and go. "Mizzou was invited to the SEC...they had the golden ticket and said no!" out of all these ups and downs and turns seems kinda silly to me.

DeezNutz 09-20-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7928782)
Hey who knows...not saying Missouri can't or won't be...but I think this is new information...so it is back to the drawing board a bit.

I feel like one huge thing is...nobody wants to be the one to really pull that last jenga block to make the B12 fold. Legally and just for the sake of a lot of bullshit I think people want B12 teams without being blamed for burning the house down.

Say MU were to be invited and leave with Texas and OU and all the other teams staying to keep the B12 going. That can happen without people thinking you wrecked the B12 but then again...that is new...we didn't think about this.

Did you?

I think you are coming down on a varied a constantly changing situation with a ton of assumptions.

How you take all this info and go. "Mizzou was invited to the SEC...they had the golden ticket and said no!" out of all these ups and downs and turns seems kinda silly to me.

Logistically, the Pac-12 would have been problematic for midwest teams, no question.

I don't think it's assumptions, however, to say that BD has been involved in some very damning incidents at Mizzou that cast serious doubt on the level of leadership.

alnorth 09-20-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 7928770)
From my source...

This feels right to me.

If OU would have gone to the PAC 12 alone and said "screw OSU, we'd like to apply to your conference, no strings attached. We'll be an equal member, we'll assimilate into the PAC 12 culture and be a team player", I bet they would have got in. Ditto UT.

LiveSteam 09-20-2011 10:03 PM

Is Dan Bebee still employed?

Pants 09-20-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7928782)

Did you?

You guys really need to get the **** out while you can. I hate MU with a passion, but I know if that was KU with a chance to jet, I would want them to.

KC_Connection 09-20-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7928745)
Well, I don't think that is set and if it is for how long? You think we are not doing this same dance in less than a year?

The Big 12 is not sustainable. Too many lines crossed.

This apparent conclusion is why I stopped following the rumors. Too much is complete BS.

Texas is going to have to find a hell of an opportunity to want to fold a conference that they control.

|Zach| 09-20-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7928791)
You guys really need to get the **** out while you can. I hate MU with a passion, but I know if that was KU with a chance to jet, I would want them to.

Ha, yes but that is the thing. People always slam Missouri for not making things happen that simply and frustratingly are not all up to their control.

We will see how it pans out. The last 30 hours of news have been unreal.