ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317770)

In58men 10-17-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13824259)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid says S Daniel Sorensen won’t start practicing this week but says “he’s close.”</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1052603081735704577?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Eric Berry has been close since week 1

dirk digler 10-17-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 179.6px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1052603081735704577" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

oops I guess I mis understood him. The question was this was Dan's first week to be able to come back and I thought he said he would be start practicing but guess not
<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.d547ddd75cc4ca7cc5a63b70da3da301.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com&setting sEndpoint=https%3A%2F%2Fsyndication.twitter.com%2Fsettings" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

DJ's left nut 10-17-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13824268)
**** that. June 1st cut next season and get the **** out from under his contract.

My question is what the hell causes a Haglund's deformity and is it obviously football related?

I'm seriously tired of pussy-footing around this guy. We already donated $6 million to the guy to which he promptly responded with a '**** you' and a refusal to report to camp come contract time. We already buckled under when his representation launched an underhanded PR campaign to get him paid.

**** this noise. If there is any chance this was naturally occurring or a result of his cancer treatments, throw his ass on the NFI list, stop paying him and make him ****ing prove this is a football injury. If that means experts and arbitrators, so be it.

Yeah, the Chiefs will get goddamn murdered for it in the press and Clark doesn't have the stomach for that, but they've caved to this guy at every single turn and have never gotten a sufficient ROI for it. And anyone that dares point out that he's been worth about 40% of what he's been paid over the life of his NFL career is just some heartless asshole or something.

patteeu 10-17-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13824285)
My question is what the hell causes a Haglund's deformity and is it obviously football related?

I'm seriously tired of pussy-footing around this guy. We already donated $6 million to the guy to which he promptly responded with a '**** you' and a refusal to report to camp come contract time. We already buckled under when his representation launched an underhanded PR campaign to get him paid.

**** this noise. If there is any chance this was naturally occurring or a result of his cancer treatments, throw his ass on the NFI list, stop paying him and make him ****ing prove this is a football injury. If that means experts and arbitrators, so be it.

Yeah, the Chiefs will get goddamn murdered for it in the press and Clark doesn't have the stomach for that, but they've caved to this guy at every single turn and have never gotten a sufficient ROI for it. And anyone that dares point out that he's been worth about 40% of what he's been paid over the life of his NFL career is just some heartless asshole or something.

Sounds good to me.

The Franchise 10-17-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

I'm all for it. Berry has always been a top 3 favorite Chief of mine for a while now but shit like this is dropping him down the list. If the pain is so ****ing bad that you can't go out there and push through it.....then admit it and get the surgery done. Quit ****ing around with this "day to day" bullshit so that you keep getting paid and taking up a roster spot.

RunKC 10-17-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

The worst part is he is due to have a cap hit of $16.5 million next season. I don’t care if he comes back and plays decently well.

He shouldn’t be making that after missing 21 of 22 games into his new contract.

RunKC 10-17-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13824293)
I'm all for it. Berry has always been a top 3 favorite Chief of mine for a while now but shit like this is dropping him down the list. If the pain is so ****ing bad that you can't go out there and push through it.....then admit it and get the surgery done. Quit ****ing around with this "day to day" bullshit so that you keep getting paid and taking up a roster spot.

Part of me thinks it’s Andy and the staff. No reason to have him back yet. We are most likely winning at least 12 games this season.

I would imagine they want him back in late November or early December to play a handful of games to get in game shape and be ready for a push in January.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-17-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

it could potentially be related to footwear.

The Franchise 10-17-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13824302)
Part of me thinks it’s Andy and the staff. No reason to have him back yet. We are most likely winning at least 12 games this season.

I would imagine they want him back in late November or early December to play a handful of games to get in game shape and be ready for a push in January.

Then everyone involved in this is ****ed in the head. Berry isn't going to just come back after being out this long and just be ready to go.

scho63 10-17-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid says S Daniel Sorensen won’t start practicing this week but says “he’s close.”</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1052603081735704577?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The kiss of death with Chiefs health update!

He is probably "close" to becoming a cheerleader with Berry. :rolleyes:

htismaqe 10-17-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13824308)
Then everyone involved in this is ****ed in the head. Berry isn't going to just come back after being out this long and just be ready to go.

Exactly. If that's the plan, it's a bad one.

staylor26 10-17-2018 11:34 AM

Man this D could really use Sorenson.

I think people are underestimating what his return alone can do.

The Franchise 10-17-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13824347)

At this point....any safety help would be beneficial to this defense.

DJ's left nut 10-17-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13824347)

I think we win that game with Sorenson on the field. He's not elite but he's solid. Have him ott there and move Lucas to Parker's role and we get the one damn stop we'd have needed.

The Franchise 10-17-2018 11:39 AM

This defense is so bad that it's making me miss Dan ****ing Sorensen. Jesus Christ.